Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3250 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3239, Creature wrote:I'm moving to Xtoxm if it gains another vote.
I prefer Xtoxm/NMSA/Tris in that order.

Xtoxm has been, at one point or another - sr almost the entire playerlist and with very little logical reasons to back that up.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3251 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3246, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3243, Creature wrote:
In post 3235, Ankamius wrote:tbh I really don't like either wagon composition

they both look gross
It's probably not worse than the wagonees.
honestly,

xtoxm is more likely to flip scum

tris is more likely to get town on track faster

:SHRUG:
Barring any mechanical reasons to vote otherwise, it’s always smartest to vote your strongest sr. I still don’t understand how we benefitted from Brigitte flip yet. How are we closer to figuring out this game, then we were before? You still haven’t really explained that?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3252 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

nim has never treated me like this in any of her town games and that slot is very likely scum imo
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3253 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by Ankamius »

no
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3254 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by Ankamius »

that was @nim

but I'm not going to fill the thread with my opinions and philosophy because nobody cares
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3255 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:23 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3252, Xtoxm wrote:nim has never treated me like this in any of her town games and that slot is very likely scum imo
In what game have we both been in, where you have sr almost the entire playerlist, with very little/bad reasons?
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3256 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3254, Ankamius wrote:that was @nim

but I'm not going to fill the thread with my opinions and philosophy because nobody cares
I think you’re very wrong about that. A big part of the reason you’re getting so much resistance is that few people are understanding this and you’re not explaining it, hasn’t helped any. You’ve been basically asking people to just trust your pushes - particularily the ones to give information but I don’t understand why you won’t explain what information we derived from the Brigitte lynch. Don’t you honestly think doing that will make people that much more inclined to sheep your reads? I do but if I can’t understand what info we ascertained from Brigitte flip, it makes it really difficult to put whatever your preferred wagon is over my strongest sr. If you for whatever reasons view doing this as being unhelpful to town otoh, than of course that’s very different.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3257 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I actually did explain it several times
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3258 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:04 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

VOTE: Xtoxm
fuck everyone
worst town ever
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3259 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3258, Xtoxm wrote:VOTE: Xtoxm
fuck everyone
worst town ever
wow
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3260 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3257, Ankamius wrote:I actually did explain it several times
Can you quote or link me then because I clearly missed it?
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3261 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Nimueh »

fuck everyone
worst town ever
Self-voting is always antitown, if you’re town.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3262 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Creature »

fuck everyone
worst town ever
Sigh
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3263 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 3261, Nimueh wrote:
fuck everyone
worst town ever
voting town is anti town, if youre town
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3264 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:34 pm

Post by Creature »

I hope this isn't Brigitte 2.0
Sigh
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3265 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:34 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3263, Xtoxm wrote:
fuck everyone
worst town ever
You know your alignment, so how is this an even remotely reasonable counter?
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3266 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3264, Creature wrote:I hope this isn't Brigitte 2.0
I don’t recall her sr almost the entire playerlist.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3267 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler:
In post 2597, Ankamius wrote:my focus this game is to find the clearest path to a town win

lynching you early almost never achieves that regardless of your alignment, regardless of my actual read on you

I have gone on record dozens and dozens of times saying that scumlynches are useless and at worst actually
anti-town
to get in a lot of situations, and that opinion is one I will defend to the death

my focus is to put town in the best possible spot in a situation where I am not here to lead
, that means catching as many scum as possible and putting town in a position where it's inevitable they will be lynched

does that help
In post 2598, Ankamius wrote:where it's inevitable those scum will be lynched*

that was awkwardly worded, sorry
In post 2601, Ankamius wrote:If Flubber flips scum like I expect, then I believe I have a complete solve.

Xtoxm + Nimueh would be my choices for his partners.
If one is wrong, skitter30 is a likely substitute if I'm reading the tris wagon correctly (which is somewhat stretched, which is why I'm not confident in this slot being scum).

The one thing I'm suspicious of with this solve is how long the flubber/Xtoxm slots are towards the end of the nmsa wagon for so long, but it's explainable by urap2s read shift and Flubber pushing Urap2 immediately afterwards, I could see this as an attempt at damage control to distance.
In post 2604, Ankamius wrote:Also of note is that the original NMSA wagon is the only time that all three of them aren't voting different people or unvoted entirely

Based on how scattered all the votes were in general even when there was a concentrated push on 1-2 slots, and considering they all never voted together even at the end of the day 1 wagons, that's indicative to me that there's something here

I believe tris is town and the wagon was mostly town lead (barring skitter, I think the unvote was a mistake if she was scum here)
Succinct wouldn't be scum with this
Neither would Chara
Nor xRECKONERx
Elbirn is probtown

Flubbernugget/Xtoxm/Nimueh > skitter30 > NMSA > Creature

This is roughly where I'm at
In post 2606, Ankamius wrote:skitter30 is because of her treatment of the tris wagon, it could have been a distance attempt from Flubber

NMSA because sacrificial sheep to give scum towncred followed by distance attempts once the wagon started losing momentum

Creature because there's less evidence supporting him as town and he had the other 'weird' vote on tris. Shrug.
In post 2618, Ankamius wrote:Flubber is the linchpin to my solve, that's why I want him first

It helps that there's already support there too but eh
In post 2628, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2625, tris wrote:What exactly is the case Flubber being scum?
In post 2626, tris wrote:*the case on
It's a gamestate read, his alignment holds a pretty big key to solving it I think. His actions indicate a scum agenda that I suspect is in play this game and him flipping scum would go a long way towards proving that.

Plus if he ends up flipping town instead, then that's a big sign I need to rethink again.

It's a high information high scum equity lynch
In post 2635, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2634, tris wrote:
In post 2628, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2625, tris wrote:What exactly is the case Flubber being scum?
In post 2626, tris wrote:*the case on
It's a gamestate read, his alignment holds a pretty big key to solving it I think. His actions indicate a scum agenda that I suspect is in play this game and him flipping scum would go a long way towards proving that.

Plus if he ends up flipping town instead, then that's a big sign I need to rethink again.

It's a high information high scum equity lynch
What is that scum agenda?
1. I suspect scum have been mostly following town pushes overall rather than pushing their own, this explains all the disproportionately large amount of small wagons that keep popping up all over the place

2. Wagons tend to stall out and the majority of wagons slowly slip into nothingness when they are no longer in the spotlight, this indicates 'lazy' play where there isn't a wholly dominant force controlling the wagons and when/where they are placed

3. The amount of wagons that keep popping up is large enough in amount that show scum are most likely staying on separate wagons

Flubbernugget isn't making any particular pushes on his own that he intends to go anywhere.
Flubbernugget is mostly following lynches.

Considering my scumread on Nimueh, the two of them were never on the same wagon throughout day one. Nimueh doesn't as much follow the other conditions, but Nimueh was also absent for more than half of day one, so that isn't indicative.

That's two down.

Flubbernuggets only 'push' is on the Xtoxm slot, and a cursory look shows that Urap2 isn't making any particular push that goes anywhere, the only time he votes with Flubber or Nimueh is on the original NMSA wagon, and I have to remember that Urap2 made a pretty dramatic shift in reads to account for him suddenly leaving the wagon.

And now here's the kicker:

Nimueh knew that I had a good record of reading her.
I was scumreading Flubbernugget.
I was scumreading urap2

Urap2 suddenly switches his reads to match mine nearly word for word.

That looks a lot less town from this particular light.
In post 2636, Ankamius wrote:Skitter30 somewhat matches this trend, I think if she was scum she reversed off of tris because she knew she would get heat for that wagon.

Plus there's just some bizarre stuff about her that I've been noting all game that just doesn't quite add up.

It doesn't fit as perfectly as the above three, but it's still notable.

NMSA, again, is pick #5 predominantly because it makes sense for scum to want to double push him down if he got that much heat early on to get free towncred and to reduce the odds of NMSA getting them caught. Plus it makes more sense for Urap2 and Flubber to make the actions they did after the wagon started falling apart if they wanted to recover from that failed gambit.
In post 2640, Ankamius wrote:Does xtoxm give you more info or do you think he's scummier

I'm more worried about the former
In post 2643, Ankamius wrote:I suppose so

I'll compromise on Xtoxm if I have to but I still think Flubber gives me more direct info that I can use for somewhat similar reasons
In post 2658, Ankamius wrote:Ah

It's a case of I feel like I should be trying to sort the entire playerlist this game and sorting you directly is less useful towards that end than sorting other players and fitting you somewhere into where that takes me

That's essentially why I was able to build a solve after only sorting two players as scum
In post 2689, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2684, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2640, Ankamius wrote:Does xtoxm give you more info or do you think he's scummier

I'm more worried about the former
You think Xtoxm is lower info?
yes
In post 2722, Ankamius wrote:VOTE: Xtoxm

this is going to take a lot less effort to push through and I don't want to put enough effort in to push Flubber to a lynch today despite feeling like it's objectively the best play, since I don't think it's healthy for the gamestate to risk flaring myself up

so I'll just sit in the backseat and just look to shield mislynches if things go off track
In post 2810, Ankamius wrote:I want Flubber mainly because I think Xtoxm obvscummed and I want to flip my other scumread so I have another day phase to make sure my theories are sound or at least that I'm not missing anything huge

I've duly noted that there's a lot of support for both Flubber and Xtoxm but everyone has their own idea for the third, that's going to be my main focus I think since I expect I have a max of 2 scum pegged if past experience is to be trusted
In post 2813, Ankamius wrote:I'd rather not go down that rabbit hole until I have the second flip to work off of

it's frustrating to do a bunch of analysis based on having flips I don't have and then getting those flips only for it to be what I wasn't expecting it to
In post 2818, Ankamius wrote:the reason I was townreading urap2 so strongly is scummy from this newer perspective, creature
In post 2910, Ankamius wrote::SHRUG:

That's always the first thing I'm suspicious of when I get attacked for my playstyle by people who didn't have a problem with it before

Historically, those slots have flipped scum
In post 2934, Ankamius wrote:Idk skitter

Xtoxm is obvscumming
Flubber makes a lot of sense as a partner

It's the third I'm not as sure on
In post 2936, Ankamius wrote:Like I'd be surprised if that wasn't SvS, it just makes way too much sense with how the game has shaped up
In post 2947, Ankamius wrote:Like please trust me at least for today

If my solve is wrong and xtoxm/Flubber is NOT SvS, then I will step back and rethink

We have time to take lynched like this because we have more than enough time to reshift ourselves if we end up being wrong
In post 2949, Ankamius wrote:And I'm confident enough in my solve that I specifically want it tested
In post 2959, Ankamius wrote:Just noting here

Skitter has been sorting
Chara has been sorting
Nimueh has been sorting
Reck has been sorting
Creature I will trust the townreads of
Succinct has been sorting
tris has been sorting

NMSA is just... there
Elbirn had a sketchy return to the thread

Flubber has had really wooden contributions that make no sense
Xtoxm is just... wild flailing
In post 2964, Ankamius wrote:I honestly think there's good odds that the game is just solved already

These wagons have been stalled long enough that it is very unlikely for the slots that have consistently been around and hunting to be scum (otherwise one would have won out I bet, specifically keeping up this charade to no practical effect is ridiculous scum strategy)

Of the three slots that were wagoned, two have showed signs of caving under the pressure, while the third (tris) never has once

Just another aspect of the gamestate that supports scum being in the mostly lurker slots
In post 2974, Ankamius wrote:I don't really say this enough in games

Whenever I feel like I have a confident solve in a game and enough scum properly pegged to be able to push town into a win, I'm always much more afraid of getting NKed and town being thrown off track without me there than of getting my scumreads lynched

I don't want to get these lynches because I forced people to sheep me with no other choice

I want town to be set up to be able to get them without me there at all

And having someone who can hold a lot of influence over the rest of the town fall prey to a paranoic mindset as a solve is being put into effect is one of the single worst scenarios I can think of

I want to avoid that scenario much more than I want either of these lynches
In post 2981, Ankamius wrote:And if I don't deliver a scum today then I'm probably just going to mostly sheep tbh, because if I'm that far off then my reads are never going to improve
In post 3026, Ankamius wrote:like

idk how we can reconcile our playstyle differences because I hold the opinion that the information is 5x more valuable than the scumflip

so I'm not sure explaining more is worth bothering with
In post 3028, Ankamius wrote:one thing I will say though is that I'm not actually trying to find the entire team, right now

I'm trying to find the method that will allow me to deduce the entire team (or at least narrow it down enough that I can focus entirely on getting town on the same page) in the most efficient way

and currently that way is by flipping flubbernugget
In post 3029, Ankamius wrote:well, I mean... sorry :V

this is the best approach I can take with this game, I can't do the casing judge-by-actions thing because I literally cannot think that way and the years I spent trying was when I was horrible at this, so

the problem with it is that I've had to take extra liberties with it so I had to gamble all my credibility on having a good lead on the first try, so if it fails then I'm effectively sunk and it's not worth trying to build a second one, this playerlist won't trust me with that a second time and I don't have the tools available to convince you all the way you would need to be convinced otherwise
In post 3051, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3036, Xtoxm wrote:ank has already positioned to go after me if flub flips town and people are saying they wont reconsider anything on a townflip
so what is the fucking point
You would be correct if I hadn't pointed out quite a few times that I was putting all my credibility on the like with the Flubber lynch and that I would rethink everything upon him flipping town, which by the way close to nobody has acknowledged other than the other slot you are also scumreading, skitter.

But yes keep lying to suit your needs and avoid doing any real work on making your scumreads accountable or really anything to try to move the game forward, Xtoxm. It reads a lot more like you're trying to damage control a shitty situation to throw a fucking tantrum and OMGUS all the slots pushing you the hardest rather than try to town the fuck up and try to convince us to look elsewhere.

And saying I'm tunneled isn't an excuse, Elbirn has already done it and it took remarkably little effort from him to do so. Your response to this pressure

is
not
town.
In post 3053, Ankamius wrote:Flubber has had very lackluster posting, has posted literally nothing the last few days (ftr this points to Flubber being the scum of the two if these wagons are TvS), has generically responded with discrediting-style statements towards the suspicion on him, and really hasn't been making any counterpushes or trying to dismantle the wagon on him at all.

That's not necessarily scum by itself, but the way the gamestate is evolving around him makes aggressive uselessness a strong strategy in this situation.

My position here is shaky. There's a lot of support of these two wagons individually but there's little overall cohesion and the rest of the players that really haven't already hopped on are very unlikely to.

Why would Flubber need to do anything when the wagon on him is already stalled? All he needs to do is not say anything too scummy and he's already set to be released from being today's lynch. The support against the wagons is not going to get higher than it already is without a huge centralized push as it is until it gets too close to deadline. Plus my influence is actually waning over time, and there is the very real threat that if it gets low enough, the wagons will dissipate if for no better reason because I'm trying to lead them.
In post 3054, Ankamius wrote:I'm not entirely sure who the third is here, my best guess is they're somebody trying to subtly shift away from this dichotomy, but I can't point to a specific person atm
In post 3055, Ankamius wrote:Plus I can see scum adopting this low morale type of strategy in a game where there's obvtowns popping up and there's no nightkill to deal with them.

That's actually a big reason why I'm really suspicious of the Xtoxm slot, his predecessor put in a lot of raw effort at the start of the game and I can see someone who was in a good spot get really discouraged at how town were starting to get their shit together, only one of them was looking town enough to escape the town's wrath for a while, and the other two were not getting... well, anywhere really.

Xtoxm having no presence the entire game.
Flubber feeling really wooden and pushing like he doesn't really care.

I could see a few other slots fitting this general trend, too. Tris and Elbirn are the closest fits that I can see right now, maybe NMSA too.

Actually now that I think about it, it makes sense from a flubber+xtoxm+NMSA team
In post 3123, Ankamius wrote:my credibility is shot no matter what happens so me trying to lead at any point is effectively useless

my only option left is to make the plays that create the highest possible odds of town getting their shit together

and currently that's just getting a lynch through

Here you go nim

Here's the majority of my solving and theory posts today
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3268 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:42 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 3266, Nimueh wrote:
In post 3264, Creature wrote:I hope this isn't Brigitte 2.0
I don’t recall her sr almost the entire playerlist.
Brigitte was also pretty likely town unlike Xtoxm rn.
Sigh
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3269 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:42 pm

Post by Ankamius »

this is blacklist territory if xtoxm flips town

so I hope he flips scum just for that
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3270 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3202, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3197, Creature wrote:
In post 3182, Ankamius wrote:put in Chara and take out skitter and you have my list I think
I'm townreading skitter mostly because of her edge.
ngl now that I've stepped back for a while and watched her do her own thing the last couple days, she feels like a lot of what she's saying has an agenda behind it

like she's trying to subtly sabotage my efforts without outright fighting it due to how I've been reacting to it
I'm not sure why you dont make this criticism of me instead
In post 3204, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3199, Nimueh wrote:
In post 3192, Ankamius wrote:btw just going to point out

Nim probably should be lynched the day before lylo if they're still alive by that point
Why? Don’t make me start to doubt my tr on you at this point.
because I don't feel you're obvtown enough to lock it down and I don't trust that you're readable enough to the majority of people here for any of those reads to be trusted
The way she reacts to being scumread just makes me want to not do so. I hope scum-nim doesnt react like that? Have you played with her as scum?
In post 3232, skitter30 wrote:i think i prefer tris/nmsa/xtoxm in that order but i don't love *any* of these idk
"Hey man can I copy your homework?"
"Yeah sure just change it a little so it isnt obvious"
In post 3263, Xtoxm wrote:
fuck everyone
worst town ever
...hopefully this is him admitting scum?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3271 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

sorry elbirn
you were the only person here that wasnt anti fun to play with
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3272 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3271, Xtoxm wrote:sorry elbirn
you were the only person here that wasnt anti fun to play with
I try I suppose. Sorry you had a bg, better luck and more fun next time m8
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3273 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:20 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

thanks dude
gl in this game, i'll root for you
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3274 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:35 pm

Post by skitter30 »

fuck everyone
worst town ever
le sigh
that's 2/2 selfhammers
ngl think this is flipping town too
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”