Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I wasn't talking about how I'm afraid of being nightkilled

I'm poiting out that with no posts in thread, mafia killed someone who had the enduring trait, and then later killed someone with the venerable trait. Do you not think that maybe mafia have a plan with federations or something today? Why was mechanical talk not coming up before I started talking about it?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:32 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Desperate Measures: Aye

I'm willing to support this, and if it doesn't go through I'll have something else to say
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:32 am

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Tsuchinoko

I don't care that the mafia gets 2 techs each.
If we just lynch scum, we win.
This buys us a second lynch.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:33 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Tsuchinoko isn't scum

Unvote please, treat today as lylo

Shadow, what is your poe pool? Is Overki11 your most confident push?
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:34 am

Post by Shadowlesscloud »

In post 1623, Dunnstral wrote:How does having 10 people alive instead of 9 help us?
because we are guaranteeing that one of the next two kills wont be fully decided by scum, thats how it helps us.
Show
Fear has two meanings:

‘Forget Everything And Run’

OR

‘Face Everything And Rise.’

The choice is yours.
Tsuchinoko
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:34 am

Post by Tsuchinoko »

I am going to break this fight into 4 parts.

The first part being the engagement of the fight and the beginning.
In post 694, Tsuchinoko wrote:Anyhow in other news, Mephstonanies wagon is cool.
There is definitely a scum in Yume/Varsoon

Yume = Joan btw

Like, from the posts that I read where we have even a SLIGHT glimpse of what happened in the hood, it appeared that Varsoon just decided to claim to Yume? Why? Because wynaut.
So that comes across as extremely pocketty and I don’t actually imagine town just randomly claiming to someone first thing as soon as they get a neighbourhood.
Keep in mind, Varsoon KNOWS that Yume would probably instant townread Varsoon if he did this, so there’s even more reason to make a play like that as scum.

VOTE: Varsoon
In post 696, Varsoon wrote:But I guess fakesnek feels threatened so I'm cool with my vote being there.

In post 699, Tsuchinoko wrote:Kay~ Lets push harder because this is starting to irk me now.
In post 47, Varsoon wrote:I would appreciate being nominated, as the immunity coupled with my own trait to be bulletproof will mean that scum won't be able to shut down my abilities.
If someone has a better plan, though, I'm all ears.
In post 564, Varsoon wrote:Or, rather, I'm rolling the dice on them being town because if they're not then the whole scumteam knows my entire role functionality and plan moving forward.
These mentalities make 0 sense together.
The way Varsoon spoke in his ISO about his own abilities is that he thinks he is a very pro town and very POWERFUL role.
So then he decides to let Joan know what the role is for some reason?

So whats up with the contradictory approach to your role? Why are you taking the risk of telling Joan what your role is if you're so afraid of scum stopping you?
In post 700, Tsuchinoko wrote:
In post 696, Varsoon wrote:But I guess fakesnek feels threatened so I'm cool with my vote being there.

Also, if we're gonna talk about feeling threatened, ur the one that placed a vote a bit after a post where I announced a scumlean on you.
In post 701, Varsoon wrote:Again, Joan is confirmed town to me. There's literally no reason for me not to share my role unless I'm scum there.
And I'm not all that worried about scum stopping me--I took durable, after all.
However, this event makes me think scum has a strongman ability or can get access to one so
I am now reconsidering that.
This should be pretty evident but you somehow missed that and are misrepresenting the arc of my approach.

So yeah
Vote on you stays.
And people told ME to read the game.
In post 703, Varsoon wrote:
In post 700, Tsuchinoko wrote:

Also, if we're gonna talk about feeling threatened, ur the one that placed a vote a bit after a post where I announced a scumlean on you.
Did I? 'cus I think I voted you in literally the first serious post I made in the game, after a lengthy catchup.
Wow it's like
I also voted after 400 other posts
let's correlate some garbage so we can make really tenuous connections, yeah?
Sounds like a good plan, keep it up.

Also, while embarrassing, I'm not even aware you scumleaned me. I know some people did because I was absent, but literally 20 pages in 24 hours so that shit bothers me, too. Fuck, I SHOULD have been voting you for scumleaning me because you had no reason to at the time. Seems like a 'safe' stance to take and now you're being forced to double down.

Eat the cake.
In post 706, Tsuchinoko wrote:oh that actually kinda makes sense then and quells up literally every concern that I had if thats actually true.
UNVOTE:
Most of this contains the start of the fight.
We're very aggressive, and I start to calm down and decide not to pick that fight and try to interact and sort it.

Onto part 2
In post 717, Varsoon wrote:Here's the problem:
Who is actual scum?
With the way that FireStarter has been treated, I think the scum team isn't interested in pushing him (either due to wanting to avoid his ire, because it's unpopular, or because he's scum with them--albeit unlikely) and so I believe that scum's much more likely to be in people either defending FireStarter or avoiding it altogether.

That's part of why I've been critical of you, Tsuchinoko.
In post 763, Varsoon wrote:Scum in this game strike me far more as 'wait and see' types based on game tempo, unless FB is their lead, and I highly doubt FB is their lead because ROLE RELATED REASONS.

Anyway.
I'm still cool with a push out on Mephisto because Mephisto is not present at all from what I can tell.
In post 769, Varsoon wrote:I dunno, Alisae, are you a better scum player?
What are your stats and what are mine? Back that shit up.

Also, wait, you've made ALL The posts on this account?
I thought Singletonking made some?
In post 773, Tsuchinoko wrote:
In post 769, Varsoon wrote:I dunno, Alisae, are you a better scum player?
What are your stats and what are mine? Back that shit up.

Also, wait, you've made ALL The posts on this account?
I thought Singletonking made some?
No single signs he told me ahead.
All of those posts are mine, he's been busy and hasn't gotten an opportunity to post, and not to mention its hard for him to get into the game with so much spam. Partially my fault tho.
And look dude, I have 3 banners
one of them is a scumplay banner
so my scumplay can be on point when I want it to be even though experience you've had with scum!me is that my dayplay is actual legit garbage and I can't get townread as scum for the life of me.
This is the parts of the conversation where he is starting to realize who he's talking to.
Now, I could note here that he could have made an educated guess to say that I was going to brag about my scum game here knowing that I have 3 banners and that we like to interact about that, and that trying to get me to brag about my scumgame is manipulated, but that is so 400 IQ I don't think thats an actual scum move.
Its moreso important to state this because of how is tone shifts and approach to me shifts which

well, part 3 is the tone shifts
In post 774, Varsoon wrote:^ Okay that's quite vain but still.
Uggggh

P-EDIT: Why have you had such a tonal shift as of the recent votes against you, then?
You also had a scummy mod banner and ayy I'd argue I got the better stats, my guy
In post 777, Varsoon wrote:Woah Alisae if your method of securing that banner is to murder me in cold blood slow down it's just a modfather achievement, it's okay, you can have it.

But why'd you drop all the jokey sssssnake stuff?
In post 778, Varsoon wrote:I even called you fakesnek and didn't get a response like it did before as an attempt to test this.
In post 779, Tsuchinoko wrote:
In post 777, Varsoon wrote:Woah Alisae if your method of securing that banner is to murder me in cold blood slow down it's just a modfather achievement, it's okay, you can have it.

But why'd you drop all the jokey sssssnake stuff?
I actually never really did well with post ressssssstrictionsssssss.
I honessssssssssstly forget that they exisssssst because of the urge I have to just possssssst normally and that I post a lot.
In post 781, Tsuchinoko wrote:Nothing its moreso just has to do with how my brain works and I am trying to figure out how to explain it to you but I am like, actually failing awfully.

I think the best way to think of it is I get so fed up with things that need to be said and focusing on trying to say those things that I forget about any post restriction I try to enforce upon myself.

Thats an attempt to explain it but yeah.

I just, can't do post restrictions.
In post 783, Tsuchinoko wrote:Actually, it just hit me on how to explain it.

Post restrictions are kinda like seperate languages
when you take up a post restriction, you are trying to speak a completely new different language.
And languages is something I was never really good at.
I only learned english when I was 5 years old, and whenever I tried to learn another language I struggled completely.

I think this is the best explanation I can come up for you.
In post 785, Varsoon wrote:Then don't try at it and just be honest.
Maybe that's why your slot pinged me more than anything.
By design, your posts had a level of dishonesty and fabrication to them.

P-EDIT: So do you understand why I think it's awkward that you're speaking french all game and I go "Hey that French dude might be tricking us" and you break character and say, in English, "Uh, howso?"

I would.
In post 793, Varsoon wrote:So anyway Tsuchinoko, who is scum?
Can I get some of your other thoughts?
I don't think you're going to assuage my concerns about your slot right now through directly engaging me in regards to why I scumread you, if that makes sense.
In post 795, Tsuchinoko wrote:
In post 793, Varsoon wrote:So anyway Tsuchinoko, who is scum?
Can I get some of your other thoughts?
I don't think you're going to assuage my concerns about your slot right now through directly engaging me in regards to why I scumread you, if that makes sense.
Mephstaphanies because of even more Fire told me.
Our federation cannot support a lynch on that slot unless we choose to break the federation.
That slot is the reason for that.

So I want to flip that, then kinda poke Maria a bit more, aka the only other person who hasn't really produced anything at all.
I'll figure out the rest after that because there is definitely scum in my TRs but I dunno where to exactly look for them atm. Stick around for a bit, I'll write something explain why I townread everyone that I do.
In post 798, Tsuchinoko wrote:I am going to literally go down the alive playerlist.
I explained Firestarters all game so I'm not going to do that.
I townread you because your concerns are genuine and make sense to me.
I townread Joan because if I have to townread you, she is confirmed town to me. Its just annoying because she will literally never get shot and we is very likely to throw any sort of LyLo.
I townread Despair Galaxy because of . I really like the comment about meta they made because it looks like they're trying to solve but are having difficulty in trying to do so because its just meta being thrown left and right and they're having trouble wade through. Not to mention just the first line alone sounds like town who thinks they have a genuine concern.
I explained my PenguinPower read in and kinda helps with that in context of the conversation.
I townread Shadowlesscloud because I am seeing them trying to look through peoples motivations and their take on mechanics looks very town to me. It feels like they're gamesolving.
I townread Dunnstral because I think his motivation for picking the traits that he did is town motivated.
I townread Keyser because I like the questions he's asking
I townread Eragon because be brought a valid point or 2 about Firestarters

This leaves MariaR, who doesn't have enough content to read and needs to speak, Overkill because while I have a very weak townread on him atm, its not enough to go by, and Mephistophanes 39.

I have too many townreads atm but thats fine, after a few flips I'll have more to work with and then I can try to spit out who else is scum after that, because my townpool will probably look siginifcantly shorter by the time that happens, and there'll be more content in thread to go through.
In post 801, Varsoon wrote:That's right, I can.

P-EDIT: Shit.
In post 802, Tsuchinoko wrote:Anyhow V. Those are my reads.
There you go.
In post 803, Varsoon wrote:I don't like all those townreads.
In post 804, Varsoon wrote:Maybe you are the better player 'cus I couldn't even tell you everyone who is in this game.
Notice when he starts acting more friendlier here?
This is what Maria got me to see:
Why?
Like, the trigger for this is knowing
who he's interacting with

I started interacting with him nicely because I realized that going guns blazing on something I'm wrong about is incorrect.
He dropped his guns because he found out who I was?

Its really weird.

But at the end, it leads us to this stance.
In post 944, Varsoon wrote:@Alisnake (Tsuchinoko): You're really amicable and while I am willing to wager a lot of that has to do with your new outlook on life, it also makes me wary of you.
I'm probably not going to consider you lock-town unless I have mechanical proof; both because you've touted up your scumgame here AND because you said something that struck me
In post 909, Tsuchinoko wrote:I think I can convince Varsoon I'm town :]
Who's next?
Not
"I think I can prove I'm town to Varsoon"
Not
"I think I can get Varsoon to realize that I am town"
but the very subjective
"I think I can convince Varsoon I'm town"

It just
doesn't sit right with me
I dunno.
This is my own contributions (along with other posts that he posted today), but this is a very safe stance to have.
You could also argue that he also set himself up to have this stance, but thats not important.
What's important here is that, it seemed like he got nothing from that interaction.
Was he trying to sort me?
I mean, maybe, but he wasn't giving me anything to work with in return for sorting his slot.
I kept on wanting to talk a read or two, but he kept on not wanting to really talk about that.
Its like he
Genuinely had no intention on changing his read on me
No matter what, he always wanted to put me in his scumpool. If it becomes popular later, he can push it. If he needs to, he can use it to discredit me. And if I become too towny, he can be the one to try and take me down off my pillar of towniness.

And he doesn't really note anything that was from our interactions, he refers to something from my interactions with Joan.
Like that just seems wrong to me, we talk a lot and try to reach a common ground, yet he denies me the ability to reach a common ground with him and ontop of that, when refering to why he is going to maintain his read, he refers to something that has nothing to do with our own interactions.

This is what me and MariaR found that makes V scum, but I feel like his stance around deploying desperate measures confirms it.
In post 1211, Varsoon wrote:We should definitely deprive the Mafia NK, right?
In post 1556, Varsoon wrote:I skipped the last 10 pages. What's going on?
@Mod: Does every scum team member get 2 techs from this event or is it just 2 total new techs for the scum team total?

Keep a few things in mind, folks:
Everyone's first technologies do NOTHING.
Forcing scum to have to forfeit using abilities in order to research to finally get an ability from tech sure does seem preferable to LETTING SCUM HAVE A KILL
What the fuck is this shit?
How the fuck do you go from "should we do this?" to "we need to do this" ESPECIALLY when people are voting for the option you don't want.
It makes 0 sense from town, and all of the sense from scum.

ESPECIALLY since he read like nothing.
All he knows, is that he needs to stop whatever is happening in thread right now, and this is his method of doing it.
Hydra of Alisae and singletonking
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:35 am

p-edit: holy crap, let me read this rq
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
Tsuchinoko
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:36 am

Post by Tsuchinoko »

In post 1618, Dunnstral wrote:the night 1 kill was on nero cain. He had the enduring trait.
no, he was the lynch
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:38 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1632, Tsuchinoko wrote:
In post 1618, Dunnstral wrote:the night 1 kill was on nero cain. He had the enduring trait.
no, he was the lynch
ok, you're right, and FA just had talented
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:40 am

Decent case. But what struck me out esspecally is the inifinity machine. If a scum was wanting to do this, they would do it for the tech gains right?

But wouldnt they need to already be ahead on tech for it to matter?

*Wasnt Var the one that got the tech boost earlier?*
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:41 am

In post 1633, Dunnstral wrote:
no, he was the lynch
This feels genuine, gotta check the timing though
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:42 am

In post 1633, Dunnstral wrote:
no, he was the lynch
Ok the timing is really fucking iffy
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:42 am

two minute difference. Usually its meh but it was also right after the single most lengthy post in the game so far.
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
Tsuchinoko
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:43 am

Post by Tsuchinoko »

In post 1634, Shadowlesscloud wrote:Decent case. But what struck me out esspecally is the inifinity machine. If a scum was wanting to do this, they would do it for the tech gains right?

Yes
I think its likely that V just wants to remove as many resources from the town as possible.
Scum have motivation to go for the infinity machine. Why?
Well considering the short Day 1 and 2 we had, its another resource town doesn't have if he gets it.

All of V's actions here is just trying to deplete resources from an already damaged town.
This especially shows with his desperate measures stance.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:43 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1637, Shadowlesscloud wrote:two minute difference. Usually its meh but it was also right after the single most lengthy post in the game so far.
I skipped that post
Tsuchinoko
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:44 am

Post by Tsuchinoko »

Also
with V's stances, V thinks he can attempt to mislynch me right?
So a PP shot there can make sense over a shot on me if V wants to mislynch me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:44 am

Post by Varsoon »

Nah, I'm not unvoting, nor do I have a page-long case.
If you think that makes me scum when I've all but confirmed myself as otherwise,
feel free to lose the game by lynching me.
Tsuchinoko
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:45 am

Post by Tsuchinoko »

Dunn, what are your thoughts on this?
You need to be on the lynch today so your voice is the most important here.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:45 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I support massclaim today, If this is happening I'll claim tomorrow (In real time, not game time) and it will change how you guys are seeing the gamestate right now
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:45 am

Post by Varsoon »

It's incredibly disingenuous to frame me as taking infinity Engine from town when I am town, you dip.
I WAS THE ONE WHO KEPT SCUM FROM GETTING IT.
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:45 am

In post 1638, Tsuchinoko wrote:
In post 1634, Shadowlesscloud wrote:Decent case. But what struck me out esspecally is the inifinity machine. If a scum was wanting to do this, they would do it for the tech gains right?

Yes
I think its likely that V just wants to remove as many resources from the town as possible.
Scum have motivation to go for the infinity machine. Why?
Well considering the short Day 1 and 2 we had, its another resource town doesn't have if he gets it.

All of V's actions here is just trying to deplete resources from an already damaged town.
This especially shows with his desperate measures stance.
Desperate measures is good for town if: Mafia are behind on tech as they dont gain any real bonuses

BUT if Var is not town, then he would be granted alot of power by DM in return for losing control of the kill

IF Var is not town then i think the other mafia are widely townread players as he is not afraid of them being lynched
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:46 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1642, Tsuchinoko wrote:Dunn, what are your thoughts on this?
You need to be on the lynch today so your voice is the most important here.
I'm not certain that Varsoon is scum here

Maybe I'm just weak to the AtE

Overki11 looks like easy scum, I want to make sure we're not rushing onto lynchbait though

I want town to tell me who their POE lynch pool is.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:46 am

Post by Varsoon »

Scum KNOWS they can't kill me, so they need to force out a lynch on me.
Wish people would just THINK for ONE SECOND.
Tsuchinoko
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:46 am

Post by Tsuchinoko »

In post 1644, Varsoon wrote:It's incredibly disingenuous to frame me as taking infinity Engine from town when I am town, you dip.
I WAS THE ONE WHO KEPT SCUM FROM GETTING IT.
Okay and I am supposed to know this how?
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:46 am

In post 1644, Varsoon wrote: I WAS THE ONE WHO KEPT SCUM FROM GETTING IT.
Actually, so far, everyone who has flipped and been a candadite for it has been town. PP should have gotten it 100% but thats w.e.

Let me get the reads list me and Eragon agreed on
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”