micro 858: silver 3 (ended game)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Draco Lucky
Draco Lucky
Goon
Draco Lucky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by Draco Lucky »

In post 140, Draco Lucky wrote:
In post 67, Jungle Medicine wrote:it's quite the opposite, my merry friend, i won't scumread you for existing but rather for not posting. i also offer you a townread in exchange for some help, all you have to do is confirm for the blind masses that i am in fact obvtown as i'm sure you've realized by now?
I must have missed the post(s) that make you obv!town. Could you please point them out to me?
this was a real question, btw =)

-U2
Hydra of Slaxx and u r a person 2
Draco Lucky
Draco Lucky
Goon
Draco Lucky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by Draco Lucky »

vedith and brass im town leaning for their early interaction. Specifically brass' frustration and vedith backing off

scum reading jungle and maybe roster? gotta let that one percolate tho

-U2
StarwingBeauvoi
StarwingBeauvoi
Goon
StarwingBeauvoi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:15 pm

Post by StarwingBeauvoi »

In post 148, Draco Lucky wrote:
In post 131, StarwingBeauvoi wrote:Hello Everyone.
I'm here now. You are as funny as you think you are.

VOTE: Draco Lucky

That is a wonderful name, but I'm Reynard's Luna.
are you an alt? it's important.
I am certainly an alternate Luna. That's why I call myself Starwing. So as not to be confusing. :good:

I don't not believe we have ever played a game together before, in any form.

Saying town is not obv town.
Show
Reynard's Love

I think they think I’m a bit odd, you know.

"Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

Human Hours: 6 am - 11 am and 10pm to 12pm GMT
Jungle Medicine
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by Jungle Medicine »

In post 147, Draco Lucky wrote:So my question to you is, if RC were to let his hydra partner do the posting, would that be alignment indicative for him? If so, why and in which way?
i think this is a boring question with a boring answer and when i say 'boring' i mean not 'alignment indicative.' but if we're getting into deeper layers of analysis and really mining this tiny piece of information for all its worth:

Spoiler:
merry letting pippin do the postings comes from town more often than scum for quite dubious reasoning, that is why would rc let let scum skitter do the town telling when he's quite capable himself? i pause here only because rc prefers town over scum so i'd expect more posting from a town rc than a scum rc but overall it doesn't make sense for scum rc to leave the town telling to scum skitter, plus i can't imagine scum skitter would be too happy about that? no it's likely town.
Jungle Medicine
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:22 pm

In post 149, Draco Lucky wrote:And from your comment about BH, I don't think you're new? What's your experience?
this is my first game so you'll have to forgive me if i'm picking things up slowly but i spent the couple days waiting for this perusing games so that i'd be prepared, and so far it's been a great use of my time based on the reads i'm getting.
Jungle Medicine
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:25 pm

In post 150, Draco Lucky wrote:this was a real question, btw =)
it's all my posts from my perspective but maybe i'm jumping the gun, hard to say until i hear from others in the game.
StarwingBeauvoi
StarwingBeauvoi
Goon
StarwingBeauvoi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:27 pm

Nice, New, Jungle.

You have studied the Radiant one much to understand that about him. Have you played Mafia elsewhere? Have you studied me?
Show
Reynard's Love

Jungle Medicine
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:31 pm

unfortunately there was little to study about you starwing but if you have more games i will take a look. i played some mafia at a family gathering once & oh it was quite fun, much more so than having to read emotions in these words only.
StarwingBeauvoi
StarwingBeauvoi
Goon
StarwingBeauvoi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:33 pm

It is fun in person. And no, I don't have more games I can show you. I'm a mystery. One day I will become known.
Show
Reynard's Love

Jungle Medicine
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:33 pm

have you developed any reads luna & is this the name you prefer?
Draco Lucky
Draco Lucky
Goon
Draco Lucky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by Draco Lucky »

In post 155, Jungle Medicine wrote:it's all my posts from my perspective but maybe i'm jumping the gun, hard to say until i hear from others in the game.
Come on, give me a real answer, mate. if you're town who was confident you were town-telling, that would show enough self awareness where you must have typed something where you thought to yourself "this should get me a town read."

-U2
Draco Lucky
Draco Lucky
Goon
Draco Lucky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by Draco Lucky »

In post 153, Jungle Medicine wrote:
In post 147, Draco Lucky wrote:So my question to you is, if RC were to let his hydra partner do the posting, would that be alignment indicative for him? If so, why and in which way?
i think this is a boring question with a boring answer and when i say 'boring' i mean not 'alignment indicative.' but if we're getting into deeper layers of analysis and really mining this tiny piece of information for all its worth:

Spoiler:
merry letting pippin do the postings comes from town more often than scum for quite dubious reasoning, that is why would rc let let scum skitter do the town telling when he's quite capable himself? i pause here only because rc prefers town over scum so i'd expect more posting from a town rc than a scum rc but overall it doesn't make sense for scum rc to leave the town telling to scum skitter, plus i can't imagine scum skitter would be too happy about that? no it's likely town.
Well, I certainly wasn't expecting this. What was your motivation for pushing him to post?

-U2
Jungle Medicine
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:53 pm

i'm not one to enjoy town casing myself but since you request it draco here you go:

Spoiler:
In post 26, Jungle Medicine wrote:VOTE: Iconeum
towny vote because it helps build a wagon and move the game outside of boring stages.
In post 37, Jungle Medicine wrote:VOTE: rosterfoster
towny vote because catching the scum or at least putting pressure on someone who seems ready to lurk it out with some boring posts instead of helping catch the scum.
In post 44, Jungle Medicine wrote:i welcome all sheeps to join me in lynching the scum. better to follow me than this slaxx guy. he townread the vedith too quick, he cannot be trusted.
towny confidence & lack of nervousness in calling things how they i see them, specifically in terms of your quick townread on vedith & the implications it has about your alignment. i'm saying a lot about the game & doing it in ways that aren't easy for scum to fake.
In post 46, Jungle Medicine wrote:no I am the one leading your death, chicken scum.
again that towny confidence & lack of nervousness in pushing chicken, trying to break nerves & maybe get some more information for us to work with. these aren't posts i make as scum or at least i don't think i'd make them & if I saw someone else making them i'd townread them for it.
In post 48, Jungle Medicine wrote:there's exactly three obvtown players so far, who are they?
and so i thought i was very obvtown at this point but maybe i'm mistaken & overstated the case, it's hard to tell but relative the vedith guy you called "conftown" i thought myself quite towny at this point.
Jungle Medicine
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:58 pm

In post 161, Draco Lucky wrote:Well, I certainly wasn't expecting this. What was your motivation for pushing him to post?
these questions are starting to get on my nerves a little because no offense it's a very boring question. do i need a reason to encourage an environment where posting is the norm? if the town don't post then the scum don't have to post & then how do we fine the scum, throw some dice?
Merry and Pippin
Merry and Pippin
Goon
Merry and Pippin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by Merry and Pippin »

jungle medicine what do you think that vedith's no lynch says about his alignment :?:
Merry and Pippin
Merry and Pippin
Goon
Merry and Pippin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:03 pm

also if we dicerolled to determine the scum, would we be using real dice or like random.org
Jungle Medicine
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:05 pm

i don't have a read on vedith yet. you, luna, brass, & maybe draco are town. i'd personally use my own dice but if you wanted to use more advanced technology you could.
Merry and Pippin
Merry and Pippin
Goon
Merry and Pippin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:08 pm

why are we town?
Merry and Pippin
Merry and Pippin
Goon
Merry and Pippin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:11 pm

my understanding would be that you would attempt to read this hydra based on Skitter's posting instead of mine, and she has not yet posted.

am I wrong to think that?
Jungle Medicine
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:15 pm

insulting me plus leaving the town tells to skitter plus backing off doesn't seem like things you'd do as scum? and no you're wrong to think that i'd be looking to read based on both not just one and on that note don't get too comfortable yet because i'm looking to see town skitter confirm the read in her postings.
Jungle Medicine
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Jungle Medicine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:19 pm

that was poorly expressed let me rephrase: i don't want to read your slot based only on the contributions of one player because i think my chances of getting your alignment right increases if i'm able to read both of you.
Merry and Pippin
Merry and Pippin
Goon
Merry and Pippin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:02 pm

@schadd
skitter is vla fridays and saturdays!
In post 9, Vedith wrote:No lynch is the name.of Brass main so I'm basically lynching Brass.
as i read through i originally thought you wanted to, like, no lynch rn and i was wondering why on earth you thought that was a good way to start off day1 until i read this

==
In post 10, rosterfoster wrote:I can confirm that Vedith is town. Iconeum on the other hand...

VOTE: Iconeum
why is vedith town?
i didn't think iconeum's posts thus far are much ai tbh, why are you voting him here?

==

brass feels kinda townie to me; i think he comes off better in the vedith/brass/no lunch thing

==
In post 51, Draco Lucky wrote:JM saying my joke TR on Vedith was not to be trusted and calling three players obvtown on page 2 is lulz
kinda disagree tbh; jungle feels kinda townie to me actually

it's kinda hard to put into words but his posts have this self-awareness that's almost too .... sassy? to come from scum. too cheeky? idk the right word exactly but he's like poking fun at various mafia tropes (like in as a reaction to getting two votes, or as a reaction to the person he's voting calling him a sheep) and like the overall tone doesn't really feel like it comes from scum to me

or like too
==
In post 54, rosterfoster wrote:The wagon he is on.
... isn't he voting you?

==
In post 75, Jungle Medicine wrote:i'd like to know your thoughts on roster. i feel like he's lying low & making some opportune votes but i can't really tell because i've been laser focusing his posting. what's your impression?
didn't really get his iconeum vote in the beginnign b/c it felt at least in part to be serious and i didn't really feel like iconeum's posts at that point had been much ai
don't particularly like his hop onto your wagon either; it felt kinda like easy
==
In post 82, Merry and Pippin wrote:Oh yeah Skitter will probably hate me for posting angrily

I'll just be super nice Merry from now on ok
yeah let's not

==
In post 89, Merry and Pippin wrote:Your tone is actually pretty grating and condescending

I don't feel like you're doing it intentionally necessarily

But it's probably something you should be aware of?
ngl i think the tone is pretty townie tbh
i don't really read it as grating or condescening, it's more like self-aware and meta-y and i think it's kinda funny; it's the sort of thing that i associate with scum only when they're *very very very* confident in their scumgame; like they're the sort of posts i can see *you* as scum when you're like in a more troll-y/light-hearted mood but for the most part tho i feel like posting like that as scum requires a certain lack of self-consciousness that i don't think most people have

tbf jm's pretty obviously an alt and i dont' know his scumrange but on balance i don't think this sort of tone usually comes from scum most of the time.

==
In post 115, brassherald wrote:
In post 75, Jungle Medicine wrote:i'm townreading brass because he's an awkward mess as scum and that ain't him this game.
I feel like I should be offended.

The truth still hurts.
this is also townie imo

==
In post 127, brassherald wrote:
In post 125, Merry and Pippin wrote:All posting so far is merry

I'll get Pippin to sign her?his? posts
I am confident in skitter being a her.

I think.
(i'm a she)

==

urap your posts/questions feel kinda banal and that's not what i'm used to from you (tbf my working sample size is kinda small but like ... you were a lot more impressive last time around)

==
In post 151, Draco Lucky wrote:vedith and brass im town leaning for their early interaction. Specifically brass' frustration and vedith backing off

scum reading jungle and maybe roster? gotta let that one percolate tho

-U2
i agree with brass
vedith kinda felt like he was trolling/antagonizing brass but i'm not sure that doing this is ai for him
don't really see the jungle scumread
roster is kinda meh

==
In post 166, Jungle Medicine wrote:i don't have a read on vedith yet. you, luna, brass, & maybe draco are town. i'd personally use my own dice but if you wanted to use more advanced technology you could.
why luna? i don't think she's done much ai really. or at least she hasn't really posted anything i can read

==
In post 169, Jungle Medicine wrote:insulting me plus leaving the town tells to skitter plus backing off doesn't seem like things you'd do as scum? and no you're wrong to think that i'd be looking to read based on both not just one and on that note don't get too comfortable yet because i'm looking to see town skitter confirm the read in her postings.
i'm around for a bit now

==

and i'm caught up!
Draco Lucky
Draco Lucky
Goon
Draco Lucky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by Draco Lucky »

ayyy, skitter! =)
In post 171, Merry and Pippin wrote:tbf jm's pretty obviously an alt
You think he's lying, then? This is kind of important for my read because if he's new I think he's significantly more likely to be town.

I think you're right about vedith being a bit troll-y not being ai . I don't think I've seen him as scum, but there's no way he doesn't do it as both alignments.

I think backing off the troll like that might be ai, tho.

-U2
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by brassherald »

I feel like JM would be an alt, would need to do a real deep dive of everyone to really know metas being used.

I don't really care too much, though, because I feel confident I can read people without metas anyway.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Draco Lucky
Draco Lucky
Goon
Draco Lucky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:18 pm

Post by Draco Lucky »

In post 173, brassherald wrote:I feel like JM would be an alt, would need to do a real deep dive of everyone to really know metas being used.

I don't really care too much, though, because I feel confident I can read people without metas anyway.
Speaking of, how are you reading him?

-U2

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”