rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:26 am

Post by rosterfoster »

He does seem to be asking filler questions, not really providing content. But the catch-up’s not over, so meh.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:39 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 240, Eragon wrote:
In post 54, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 52, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 50, nomnomnom wrote:It's like "out of all the people you could vote you pick that one person you know! Why???"
Personally, I can understand it. Like, if I know someone, I might get a better read off of an early interaction with them than with someone I have no framework for.

What do you think about Locke having three votes on him?

alternatively if you have any thoughts on anything, I'd take those. It's early, and I'm just looking to get inside your head. It doesn't matter what about.
Well, I like your logic and questions so far. It feels genuine. I think what you're asking is good for town in general, and it's putting me at ease to have someone ask me what I think since it's my first game in here. I'm feeling strong town vibes from you.

As for the Locke vote, I feel like not_mafia getting on that BW with a joke feels odd, so I am keeping my vote on him. No thoughts about the other two since they feel much more random.
why does it feel odd to hop on a wagon with a joke on page 1?
I don't know, it popped out at the time as something strange at the time? I'm used to wagons behind serious stuff on other sites, not jokes.
In post 252, Eragon wrote:
In post 99, nomnomnom wrote:I feel something is off with the way urap and roster interact. Like, way off. I don't like this.
can you expand on this?
Odd question since you quoted just after that the answer I gave to PP when he asked me the same question, and you even agreed with my point somewhat, so... :?

Not liking the overall tone of this catch-up so far, I want to see how his reads develop from this before making any conclusions though.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:52 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 242, GrandWazoo wrote:Enigmas are scum. Alacrity remains an enigma.

VOTE: Alacrity
Urap does have a point: strange to vote this when you gave intent on Insom.
In post 253, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 231, nomnomnom wrote:That timing on her not answering and vanishing all of a sudden is also something that makes me confident about this. I honestly don't care if this is a new wagon. She's scum.
I mean, this is not a good reason. Guessing why people start/stop posting is super unreliable. So if it wasn't the unvote, then? And if it was the unvote, then - again - no thank you
It's the mix of not liking her first messages, unvote and timing on the vanish.
Also honestly I come from a chat mafia background. Timing is basis of a lot of my reads because of this, it's just common sense to me.
In post 256, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 252, Eragon wrote:oh wait
were you serious about wanting nom lynched like, now.
I might have gone along with it if it had actually happened just because of the mood I was in that day, but it wasn't a thing that was going to happen, and I understood that. I made a post about this I'm sure you'll come across.

I could go for lynching nom tonight, tho
I seriously dislike the lack of commitment in that answer, especially given the context of you eventually switching your vote to Insom away from me.
Did you want to lynch me when roster asked you so? Yes or no? Choose one.
In post 262, u r a person 2 wrote:this is a scummy wagon

add milkcartonkid to the list of people who are better lynches than this
How is milk a better lynch? This is the first time you mention the name, even.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:58 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

Spoiler:
In post 277, nomnomnom wrote:

In post 253, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 231, nomnomnom wrote:That timing on her not answering and vanishing all of a sudden is also something that makes me confident about this. I honestly don't care if this is a new wagon. She's scum.
I mean, this is not a good reason. Guessing why people start/stop posting is super unreliable. So if it wasn't the unvote, then? And if it was the unvote, then - again - no thank you
It's the mix of not liking her first messages, unvote and timing on the vanish.
Also honestly I come from a chat mafia background. Timing is basis of a lot of my reads because of this, it's just common sense to me.
In post 256, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 252, Eragon wrote:oh wait
were you serious about wanting nom lynched like, now.
I might have gone along with it if it had actually happened just because of the mood I was in that day, but it wasn't a thing that was going to happen, and I understood that. I made a post about this I'm sure you'll come across.

I could go for lynching nom tonight, tho
I seriously dislike the lack of commitment in that answer, especially given the context of you eventually switching your vote to Insom away from me.
Did you want to lynch me when roster asked you so? Yes or no? Choose one.
In post 262, u r a person 2 wrote:this is a scummy wagon

add milkcartonkid to the list of people who are better lynches than this
How is milk a better lynch? This is the first time you mention the name, even.

I suggest you stop using the timing bit for your reads because this isn't chat mafia =) I bet it works well there, tho.

I've explained that comment twice now, and you don't have to like it.

I think MCK looks scummy. I didn't like this whole exchange:

Spoiler:
In post 196, themilkcartonkid wrote:I think insomnia blew up way too quickly. I super think that was scummy. But I think we should see the replacement first. Because it could be just another thing altogether. A replacement gives us more info and it could be a strong town player if insomnia was town. To be clear, I do want to lynch them, but not yet
In post 197, themilkcartonkid wrote:
In post 195, u r a person 2 wrote:UNVOTE:

initial impression is insomnia likely gets frustrated enough to replace out as town way more often than as scum.

That said, if he ends up not replacing out, it's NAI at best
Why is this your initial impresson?
In post 202, themilkcartonkid wrote:
In post 200, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 198, nomnomnom wrote:I'm gonna ask again: is this type of thing common on this site? Like, replacing out like that, I mean.
It happens too often (and often for the wrong reasons) imo.
YMMV, I havent experienced it yet

and since that post, I didn't like this:

Spoiler:
In post 270, themilkcartonkid wrote:Although I am townreading nom for being newbie and an easy lynch i will say that she could easily be trying to push for a lynch by grasping for straws. Especially how she said "this is scummy" and then "yeah... this is scummy," and votes in a second post later. Could be testing the waters.

I think you're right about it being followed by scum though. I think VOTE: grandwazoo is a good guess at scum, but I dont know if it's the most useful vote. I dont have a better alternative yet.
103-11 0-2
themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:02 am

Post by themilkcartonkid »

Can you please expand upon "I didnt like" ?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:12 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

The first bit I didn't like is because 1) I think you're wrong about the read on insomnia's replace out, it feels like an opportunistic read, and then it felt like you were more interested in dropping that discussion than reevaluating.

I don't like the fence-sitting nature of the read on nomnom followed by an unreasoned turn to grand wazoo (why is he the one likely to be scum?) and the undercutting of the value of that vote by questioning it's usefulness. I think it's scummy.
103-11 0-2
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:25 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Finishing the answers. 2 last pages probably contain the most important things in this thread going forward, so I'll be bookmarking them for references.
In post 264, Alacrity wrote:
In post 222, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 221, Alacrity wrote:
In post 218, nomnomnom wrote:What is that supposed to mean? I thought you read PP as scum?
As a counter question, would you say my PenguinPower vote helped move the game forward?
[...]how does your unvote "help move the game forward" more than your PP vote?
[...]
No, it doesn't. However, there is one thing that it does do. It shows that I'm less willing to want PenguinPower lynched at the moment!
That bit was not present in your unvote post or the following ones, why did you omit this?

In post 265, Locke113 wrote:
In post 264, Alacrity wrote: I wouldn't say it was a bad wagon. It actually makes me pretty sure it's led by town and followed up with by scum. Now even if I get lynched, it still is a net benefit to town. =)
What makes you think this wagon is led by town, if anything this feels like scum making use of the replace out to get votes of their partner
This post confuses me. Conspiracy theory levels right there.

In post 268, Alacrity wrote: I do not believe it was meant to be a slam dunk case, I believe it was meant to be a pressure wagon more than a wagon meant to result in a lynch. That is why I believe it is likely that the later votes are the scum votes if there are any here!
Uuuuh no. I want you lynched. Can't speak for the others.
In post 270, themilkcartonkid wrote: One thing I did want to note is that eragon mentions nom A LOT in their catch up. I feel like that's significant, but I could have shared glasses on rn. Overall wasn't impressed with eragon catch up.
I think this is normal considering I was the center of discussion and a wagon for a while. I don't see how that's odd.
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:30 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 277, nomnomnom wrote:

Reading is hard.

This is what I said.
In post 194, GrandWazoo wrote:Declare intent to put Insomnia L-1. What this world is coming to

Alacrity is an enigma. I don't like enigmas. Stuff like their unvote and ping me.
Urap and Nomnom conveniently ignore the second sentence of this post. My vote on Alacrity is not "strange" as it only reiterates and reinforces a pre-existing read. If y'all could stop misrepping me that would be great.
themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:31 am

Ok. To be clear, I think grand wazoo is a good vote because they have done nothing but jump on wagons and I agree with the assessment that scum likely jumped on that wagon. I think that it's unfortunate that I dont have a better vote though because I dont think that'll even respond to it. They remind me of cjvinoya in that respect. Sorry you dont agree with me, but being wrong about a read is not a good reason to scumread someone. And you cant accurately call my reaction fence-sitting. I am firmly on one side of the fence pointing out a possible flaw in another person's argument.
themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:32 am

Thought I quoted that
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:48 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Sharing my reads so far, from scummiest to obvtown. This is more for my own clarity of mind though :P

Likely-scum list

1. Alacrity: Already explained. I want you lynched today.
2. Lovebird: Lots of townreads and asking for someone to vote is by experience something scums do. Scumbird.

??? list

3. Eragon: Insomnia was a scumlean on my list, but he replaced out, so I guess we're here with you :?
4. urap: Honestly my read on you has already changed a few times this game so I'm not comfortable giving definitive thoughts on you. I feel there's definitely something there, though.
5. Not_Mafia: I hate how you play, but I'd be lying if I said I had a strong conviction on your alignment.
6. PenguinPower: If I had to give you an alignment it would be "neutral neutral" for how non-committed everything you do is. Biggest ??? in my mind so you earn the middle spot.
7. GrandWazoo: Saw nothing that attracted my attention, aside what urap underlined about you.
8. themilkcartonkid: You don't post often, no reasons to think you're scum right now. None to think you're town either, though, so heh.

Likely-town list

9. rosterfoster: In my experience, people that hardcore tunnel tend to be town. Hope you open to other to what people are saying, though, you're deep in the bias.
10. Locke113: Towniest player in this game. Sensible in what he does. Seems to have an internal logic. I like it.
themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:33 am

In post 142, Alacrity wrote:
In post 141, PenguinPower wrote:I've already explained that I post in a stream of consciousness (third time now)...sooo...

Maybe terminology is off - I am trying to suss their alignment, but I'm not going to wagon/lynch either one D1 as I can get a better feel for each later game. N_M less so.
I hope this isn not too much information that makes my identity obvious, but I push points like this precisely because this is how I read players that post in a stream of consciousness style.

This response does not satisfy me, but I will assume that I am getting caught up in how you worded your posts and drop the point. I could see this being me not interpreting you correctly.
@Grand Wazoo, could you define what pings you about this post. Seems like you might have skimmed this one
themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:44 am

In post 255, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 252, Eragon wrote:but again, why is being "Bold" neccesarily towny?
i'd argue it's less likely to come from scum, but I don't think it's inherently townie.

your point on is good.
I disagree with this, I know way more people who are bold as scum than town. Actually know a bunch of people who freeze when town because they dont know where to start
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:46 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 287, themilkcartonkid wrote:I disagree with this, I know way more people who are bold as scum than town. Actually know a bunch of people who freeze when town because they dont know where to start
Do you have reason to believe roster is one of those people?
103-11 0-2
themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:47 am

In post 239, nomnomnom wrote:I'm curious about why you think that but I think this isn't game related and I don't wanna clog the discussion with this stuff, so yeah :P
It is directly game related for me, so an answer would be nice
themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:49 am

In post 288, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 287, themilkcartonkid wrote:I disagree with this, I know way more people who are bold as scum than town. Actually know a bunch of people who freeze when town because they dont know where to start
Not at the moment, but it is strictly NAI for me and it was a big part of your read so it makes the read not as strong
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:50 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 290, themilkcartonkid wrote:
In post 288, u r a person 2 wrote:
Not at the moment, but it is strictly NAI for me and it was a big part of your read so it makes the read not as strong
I've played with town!Roster, though, so I have reason to believe he isn't one to freeze up as town.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:51 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

Further, it's another instance of you undercutting a read without actually working to build a read there.

I think I want this.

VOTE: TheMilkCartonKid
103-11 0-2
themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:54 am

In post 292, u r a person 2 wrote:Further, it's another instance of you undercutting a read without actually working to build a read there.

I think I want this.

VOTE: TheMilkCartonKid
Look, I just got out of a game where people got too set in their reads, it was awful. I'm not going to let that happen here. I dont care if i dont have any reads yet, I'm going to keep pointing out bad reads when i see them
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:55 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

Which game?
103-11 0-2
themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:57 am

Open 750, lovebird was in it. Someone had a bad read on a scum player and no one called it out. It was this exact read actually. "I've played before with them as town"
Locke113
Locke113
Goon
Locke113
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:59 am

Post by Locke113 »

In post 281, nomnomnom wrote:This post confuses me. Conspiracy theory levels right there.
:lol: Well what else can I say but it ain't paranoia if they're really out to get you. Also its not like its that out there of a thought process, replace outs can stall the progress on a wagon on that slot for multiple reasons. Firstly, people might respond like urap and feel this is a alignment indicative move and find it townie. Secondly, with the player now gone they can no longer shoot themselves in the foot by saying more incriminating things and their replacement has to be given a certain amount of leeway at first because they have to catch up. This means all the stuff to point out the person is scum has already been said and the more time that people on the wagon have to wait, the more likely they are to doubt whether this stuff is actually scummy at all or whether they were just imagining shit.

This serves as a perfect opportunity for a scum partner to either A. Prepare to bus the living fuck out of their partner, possibly going so far as hammering their partner before their replacement even catches up or B. Start a completely new wagon/start pushing a much smaller wagon to draw attention away from their scum partner. It's not really conspiracy theory levels, at least not on the level of reptilians, which are totally real :wink:
themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:04 am

In post 296, Locke113 wrote:
In post 281, nomnomnom wrote:This post confuses me. Conspiracy theory levels right there.
:lol: Well what else can I say but it ain't paranoia if they're really out to get you. Also its not like its that out there of a thought process, replace outs can stall the progress on a wagon on that slot for multiple reasons. Firstly, people might respond like urap and feel this is a alignment indicative move and find it townie. Secondly, with the player now gone they can no longer shoot themselves in the foot by saying more incriminating things and their replacement has to be given a certain amount of leeway at first because they have to catch up. This means all the stuff to point out the person is scum has already been said and the more time that people on the wagon have to wait, the more likely they are to doubt whether this stuff is actually scummy at all or whether they were just imagining shit.

This serves as a perfect opportunity for a scum partner to either A. Prepare to bus the living fuck out of their partner, possibly going so far as hammering their partner before their replacement even catches up or B. Start a completely new wagon/start pushing a much smaller wagon to draw attention away from their scum partner. It's not really conspiracy theory levels, at least not on the level of reptilians, which are totally real :wink:
I will now be sheeping Locke because they are too smart tm
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:06 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 296, Locke113 wrote:

Okay so if I understand correctly, you think this is the case because I started a new wagon just after Eragon coming in the game, right?
I understand the logic but from my perspective I just started a wagon because Alacrity did someone extremely scummy on top of the pile of weird stuff she did earlier on. That's all. You're reading too much into it.
I had no idea replacing out was so common it had a meta here, like what the hell is this :giggle:
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:07 am

Post by nomnomnom »

something* I'm losing my english here

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”