Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 3:24 am

Post by Grimmy »

dcorbe wrote:So is anyone going to suggest wife-swapping, or is that too much of a giveaway? :)
especially since we are mostly guys.

who are the pitchers and who are the catchers anyway?

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 3:30 am

Post by Grimmy »

farside22 wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and assume you mean dcorbe as dahill isn't in this game with us.

Need moar loverclaims but so far zombieslayer and bionicchop are making me uneasy for posts 37 and 44 so
fos: ZombieChop
See that is what I get for reading this right after returning from my trip. I take back my FOS I realized the guy is a newbie who may not realize some of the intricates of mafia.
this is exaclty why I like this format so much. I can follow OMGL's lead and not screw up like I did in the past couple of mafia games I was in.

Grimmy
holding the belt knot of OMGL's pants.
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 5:36 am

Post by hasdgfas »

dcorbe wrote:
@mod
Can you prod my lover, please?
It's been 24 hours since day started, and under 48 since he posted, so I'll give him until the end of the day before I prod him
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Grimmy wrote:
farside22 wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and assume you mean dcorbe as dahill isn't in this game with us.

Need moar loverclaims but so far zombieslayer and bionicchop are making me uneasy for posts 37 and 44 so
fos: ZombieChop
See that is what I get for reading this right after returning from my trip. I take back my FOS I realized the guy is a newbie who may not realize some of the intricates of mafia.
this is exaclty why I like this format so much. I can follow OMGL's lead and not screw up like I did in the past couple of mafia games I was in.

Grimmy
holding the belt knot of OMGL's pants.
I think this post is saying SOMETHING. I am not sure what it is saying, but I think it say something....
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

I hit quote on that post about 4 times and never ended up posting anything. I was thinking it was scummy to worry too much about making mistakes, but his recent registration date makes me think it isn't really a tell.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Prodding Panzerjager and water_foul
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 4:35 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

I am completely stumped as to how we proceed with this game. I can see this turning into a long stale mate.

I will cast a minor
FOS dcorbe
and minor
FOS Qmaan

Dorbe reasons: Came in and asked the mod to prod his 'partner' as his first post (post 69). If he left that alone, I would have thought the only way a mod could know who his partner was is if he only had 1 partner. He then immediately revealed his partner in the next post. Makes it seem like the first post was a ploy to give the impression I got initially. Could also just be that he realized everybody was claiming partners. The 4 post flurry just felt wrong though.

Qmaan reasons: Mostly just post #73. To come in and say he was going to suggest it also and thinks it is pro town seemed unnecessary. By then it was clear it was agreed upon and seen as pro town, so it could be just an attempt to blend in, but trying way too hard.

Both are minor, but I think a good starting point for discussion. I would say Qmaan slightly more than dcorbe right now.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Qman »

bionicchop2 wrote:I am completely stumped as to how we proceed with this game. I can see this turning into a long stale mate.

I will cast a minor
FOS dcorbe
and minor
FOS Qmaan

Dorbe reasons: Came in and asked the mod to prod his 'partner' as his first post (post 69). If he left that alone, I would have thought the only way a mod could know who his partner was is if he only had 1 partner. He then immediately revealed his partner in the next post. Makes it seem like the first post was a ploy to give the impression I got initially. Could also just be that he realized everybody was claiming partners. The 4 post flurry just felt wrong though.

Qmaan reasons: Mostly just post #73. To come in and say he was going to suggest it also and thinks it is pro town seemed unnecessary. By then it was clear it was agreed upon and seen as pro town, so it could be just an attempt to blend in, but trying way too hard.

Both are minor, but I think a good starting point for discussion. I would say Qmaan slightly more than dcorbe right now.

While I understand where you are coming from, it's slightly ... off.. to suspect me for agreeing a massclaim was the thing to do. I would have posted it earlier than i did if it weren't for the holiday weekend. Lets not forget you were the only one that came out against the idea. It might indeed be unnecessary, but it was the first thought that went though my head when i thought about the setup, it would be foolish to not massclaim partners.

Care to explain why at first, i have the lesser of two FoS put on me, then you say I'm the better starting point?
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 5:33 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Qman wrote:
While I understand where you are coming from, it's slightly ... off.. to suspect me for agreeing a massclaim was the thing to do. I would have posted it earlier than i did if it weren't for the holiday weekend. Lets not forget you were the only one that came out against the idea. It might indeed be unnecessary, but it was the first thought that went though my head when i thought about the setup, it would be foolish to not massclaim partners.

Care to explain why at first, i have the lesser of two FoS put on me, then you say I'm the better starting point?
I never once said I was against the idea. I agreed, but felt a delay would have been appropriate. I thought that was clear.

The reason I FOS'd is because it always makes me a little uneasy when somebody says something that is implied by the nature of being townie (ie: damn we lost the doctor type posts). The FOS is minor because that line of reasoning for my votes has proven wrong before - but it has also proven correct before. IMO I need to pair that with some other sort of tell before I gain confidence in it. Definitely worth noting as a starting point though.

As for why you - I never once said you had the lesser of the 2 FoS. The order was just in the order of who posted. I read dcorbe first, so I posted him first. His posting pattern seems slightly more hyper-active than scummy, but I thought his 4 posts were worth discussing.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 8:04 am

Post by PJ. »

First of all, My partnering is Dcorbe, and I definently posted this idea without thinking too much, and then realized that the scum would just break up. We have done nothing but basically all claim vanilla town and to with someone. I guess the only advantage is that scum is claiming marriage to scum. So anyway,
FoS:Xtoxm
. Never, ever, ever, ever claim before the majority says go. You should be lynched for this. It is a cardinal sin.

On a second note, Bionic, Dcorbe is just an excited noobie, he said so in our lover conversation in between the screams and moans, anyway I am with you in believing that he is hyperactive. And I can assure you he isn't scum.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 8:16 am

Post by Gorrad »

Xtoxm's not a newb, but he definitely acts like one. I don't like when he claimed, but I can understand him doing so given past games.

Claiming has a very significant benefit. It means we have two people to judge when determining who is scum. If one person is very pro-town and his partner is not, we can more safely assume the partner to be newbish. Alternatively, if one person is undeniably scum and their partner is not, we can assume the partner to just be very good scum. The best possible situation is that both partners seem to be of the same allignment, and we can judge them from that.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 10:35 am

Post by water_foul »

sorry about the wait,i cant see anyt scumminess myself but it has been a great read (blows a kiss to qman :D)
Kudos and Immortalization to the first person to pm me the character from a scifi tv show that lives in apartment #36

People Immortalized in my Siggy
strappado - 101010=42 => Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 11:47 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

I will agree whole heartedly with Bionic on FoSing Dcorbe, but not so much on Qman.

DCorbe's post seemed something like this:

Post 1: He he he I will ask the mod to prod my partner, this will make the townies think I am townie!

Post 2: OH
DAGNABBIT
I FORGOT TO NAME A PARTNER AND SINCE I HAVE NO ACTUAL LOVER THE MOD WILL NOT PROD THEM OR SAY SOMETHING WHICH IMPLIES ME OH
DAGNABBIT

Post 3: Ok ok, distract the townies from my second post, distract distract distract.

Post 4: MORE DISTRACTION MORE DISTRACTION.

WIFOMy to the max, I know, but just my two cents.

Rule 3
-Cow
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Gorrad »

water_foul wrote:sorry about the wait,i cant see anyt scumminess myself but it has been a great read (blows a kiss to qman :D)
Wow, three game pages and no suspicion?!?!? GASP! [/sarcasm]

Seriously, I smell townie-attempting.
Vote: W_F
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

Gorrad wrote:
water_foul wrote:sorry about the wait,i cant see anyt scumminess myself but it has been a great read (blows a kiss to qman :D)
Wow, three game pages and no suspicion?!?!? GASP! [/sarcasm]

Seriously, I smell townie-attempting.
Vote: W_F
Pair that with the townie attempt vibe I got from Qman and we might be onto something.

Very vague right now since nobody else seemed to get the same feel as I originally did with Qman and I didn't get the same vibe on my first read of W_F.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Because we have a vote, I get to do a vote count. Yay!!!!

First vote count of Day 1

water_foul(1): Gorrad

Not voting: Everyone else

Deadline still june 30, and at this rate, it's going to be a really slow day.

prodding killa seven, OhGodMyLife, and Xtoxm.
Guys, POST MORE. Not posting makes a cow sad. :(
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by killa seven »

hey hey whats up
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by Gorrad »

From you? Not content, that's for sure.

(That's content as in stuff, not content as in satisfied ><)
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by Gorrad »

V/LA Board wrote:Gone to A-Kon until late Sunday/mid monday
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 4:24 am

Post by farside22 »

With everyone claiming a partner we didn't get much info except as someone stated we know if one person looks scummy their partner is scum. Xtoxm comment about making the suggestion that was made in regards to claiming partners could be scum trying to look town.
vote: Xtoxm
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 4:52 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I'm not sure why I seem to be the only one seeing problems with bionicchop and zombieslayer but they continue to throw up red flags for me, especially the recent post 87 which is using heaps of WIFOM to smear a newbie.

Vote: ZombieSlayer54
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 5:16 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:I'm not sure why I seem to be the only one seeing problems with bionicchop and zombieslayer but they continue to throw up red flags for me, especially the recent post 87 which is using heaps of WIFOM to smear a newbie.

Vote: ZombieSlayer54
We just happen to be the most active right now IMO (as far as both partners posting). If you can honestly look at Dcorbe's posts and say they seemed perfectly townie, then good on you. I have already semi-dismissed them as just inexperience. I don't fault my partner if he isn't as quick to be as lenient as I was.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Got prodded.

vote Farside
for voting me
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 5:42 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Xtoxm wrote:Got prodded.

vote Farside for voting me
seriously?

I am not sure how helpful a 'random' or OMGUS vote is at this point. I am pretty sure we bypassed that stage of the game.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 5:52 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yes, seriously.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”