bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 5:58 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Interesting. So if I were to vote for you, how would you solve that dilemma?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 6:01 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I don't think i'd find that scummy like I do Farside.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 8:24 am

Post by Qman »

bionicchop2 wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:I'm not sure why I seem to be the only one seeing problems with bionicchop and zombieslayer but they continue to throw up red flags for me, especially the recent post 87 which is using heaps of WIFOM to smear a newbie.

Vote: ZombieSlayer54
We just happen to be the most active right now IMO (as far as both partners posting). If you can honestly look at Dcorbe's posts and say they seemed perfectly townie, then good on you. I have already semi-dismissed them as just inexperience. I don't fault my partner if he isn't as quick to be as lenient as I was.
Being active =/= townie.

I'll read over tonight when i get home.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Grimmy »

OhGodMyLife wrote:I'm not sure why I seem to be the only one seeing problems with bionicchop and zombieslayer but they continue to throw up red flags for me, especially the recent post 87 which is using heaps of WIFOM to smear a newbie.

As OMGL's partner, and as a newbie myself, Im with im on this one.

Grimmy
protekt da noobies!!
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 8:49 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Qman wrote:
bionicchop2 wrote:

We just happen to be the most active right now IMO (as far as both partners posting). If you can honestly look at Dcorbe's posts and say they seemed perfectly townie, then good on you. I have already semi-dismissed them as just inexperience. I don't fault my partner if he isn't as quick to be as lenient as I was.
Being active =/= townie.

I never said it did. I just said we have said the most, so it is easy for what we have said to be dissected as 'scummy'.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 8:51 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Grimmy wrote:

As OMGL's partner, and as a newbie myself, Im with im on this one.

Grimmy
protekt da noobies!!
I guess for all intents and purposes, OMGL is going to get to put 2 votes wherever he wants since you have made it clear you will do no thinking for yourself this game.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 8:55 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

You're just upset because team awesome caught you already.

I presume that before the day is out most if not all teams will be voting together.

Xtoxm, is there anything aside from voting for you thats making farside scummy?
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 8:57 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Just remember there is no reason to rush anything since there is no night phase. Town can only die by lynching incorrectly. If a train picks up speed this early, warning signs should go off. One pair voting together is not scummy, so I don't really have anything on Grimmy / OMGL, but keep your eye on which pairs start to jump on next (if they do)
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 8:59 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

bionicchop2 wrote:Just remember there is no reason to rush anything since there is no night phase. Town can only die by lynching incorrectly. If a train picks up speed this early, warning signs should go off. One pair voting together is not scummy, so I don't really have anything on Grimmy / OMGL, but keep your eye on which pairs start to jump on next (if they do)
Translation: "I WILL OMGUS THE NEXT PERSON TO VOTE FOR MY TEAM"
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 9:00 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:You're just upset because team awesome caught you already.

I presume that before the day is out most if not all teams will be voting together.

Xtoxm, is there anything aside from voting for you thats making farside scummy?
Had I known that was your nickname, I would have been more eager to follow you even though he is my partner.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 9:02 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Oh yeah I guess I should call it.

I'm hereby claiming the name Team Awesome for myself and Grimmy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 10:34 am

Post by farside22 »

Xtoxm wrote:I don't think i'd find that scummy like I do Farside.
Explain?
I'm not seeing the case against Zombie at the moment. What about post 87 did you find scummie?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 10:45 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

farside22 wrote:I'm not seeing the case against Zombie at the moment. What about post 87 did you find scummie?
This:

Post 87, chopped into bits for analysis:
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:I will agree whole heartedly with Bionic on FoSing Dcorbe, but not so much on Qman.
Nothing wrong with debating a point with his partner
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:DCorbe's post seemed something like this:

Post 1: He he he I will ask the mod to prod my partner, this will make the townies think I am townie!
Reaching like crazy, trying to make dcorbe look bad on something thats neutral at best.
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Post 2: OH
DAGNABBIT
I FORGOT TO NAME A PARTNER AND SINCE I HAVE NO ACTUAL LOVER THE MOD WILL NOT PROD THEM OR SAY SOMETHING WHICH IMPLIES ME OH
DAGNABBIT
OH
SHUCKS
IF I POST IN CAPITAL LETTERS AND PUT WORDS IN HIS MOUTH IT MAKES HIM LOOK LIKE SCUM.
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Post 3: Ok ok, distract the townies from my second post, distract distract distract.
Getting more and more hyperbolic with the accusations, still haven't shown anything legitimately scummy coming from dcorbe
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Post 4: MORE DISTRACTION MORE DISTRACTION.
HEY THIS NEWB IS HAVING TROUBLE WHAT BETTER TIME TO MISREPRESENT HIM!
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:WIFOMy to the max, I know, but just my two cents.
In one sentence, zombie tries to mitigate the scumminess of WIFOM by
admitting
it was WIFOM and at the same time, downplay his own role in trying to start a wagon on dcorbe.

And please see my own post 108 for evidence of how his partner BionicChop is making things a little bit more obvious.

Rule 3
-Cow
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 11:58 am

Post by dcorbe »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
farside22 wrote:I'm not seeing the case against Zombie at the moment. What about post 87 did you find scummie?
This:

Post 87, chopped into bits for analysis:
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:I will agree whole heartedly with Bionic on FoSing Dcorbe, but not so much on Qman.
Nothing wrong with debating a point with his partner
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:DCorbe's post seemed something like this:

Post 1: He he he I will ask the mod to prod my partner, this will make the townies think I am townie!
Reaching like crazy, trying to make dcorbe look bad on something thats neutral at best.
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Post 2: OH
DAGNABBIT
I FORGOT TO NAME A PARTNER AND SINCE I HAVE NO ACTUAL LOVER THE MOD WILL NOT PROD THEM OR SAY SOMETHING WHICH IMPLIES ME OH
DAGNABBIT
OH
SHUCKS
IF I POST IN CAPITAL LETTERS AND PUT WORDS IN HIS MOUTH IT MAKES HIM LOOK LIKE SCUM.
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Post 3: Ok ok, distract the townies from my second post, distract distract distract.
Getting more and more hyperbolic with the accusations, still haven't shown anything legitimately scummy coming from dcorbe
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Post 4: MORE DISTRACTION MORE DISTRACTION.
HEY THIS NEWB IS HAVING TROUBLE WHAT BETTER TIME TO MISREPRESENT HIM!
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:WIFOMy to the max, I know, but just my two cents.
In one sentence, zombie tries to mitigate the scumminess of WIFOM by
admitting
it was WIFOM and at the same time, downplay his own role in trying to start a wagon on dcorbe.

And please see my own post 108 for evidence of how his partner BionicChop is making things a little bit more obvious.
I'd hate for this to be interpreted as an OMGUS, because it isn't intended as such... but what the hell dude?

Isn't overly aggressive behavior generally considered a scum tell too?

bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

I am shocked and amazed that you guys have figured the game out within 113 posts of the game starting. You must be really good at this.

I fail to see what Zombie posted that was scummy in your mind. Dcorbe is inexperienced and his statements were potentially scummy. I still feel it is just inexperience, so I am not voting for him.

My caution about watching who follows up with votes is pretty simple if you look at game setup.

12 players. 8 town , 4 scum. On an incorrect lynch wagon, there will be 6 town maximum and at least 1 scum. The player partnered with the incorrect lynch will not vote (in this case me). If the votes manage to get up to 6, it would be hard for you to convince me that those were 3 pairs of townies.

Call it OMGUS all you want, but you can't deny that on an improper lynch, there will be scum on the wagon. With that in mind, all people voting need to provide clearly stated reasons and any who seem to jump on without justification certainly deserve to be questioned about it.

If there is a day 2, it will be LYLO. The end results of day 1 aren't all that important
if
the voting process is drawn out enough for valuable information to be gained. I would definitely want everybody to be posting actively with content before even getting close to a lynch. There is zero pressure on town at all today, so nobody should be in a rush for anything.

I would even be inclined to go with a no lynch on day 1 to guarantee an extra day of gathering information. With no night kill possible there is no downside for town to remain patient and thoroughly discuss everything.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

dcorbe wrote:
Isn't overly aggressive behavior generally considered a scum tell too?
To answer this question, scum can be overly aggressive, but townies often are also. Each player has their own style. You will find it just as common for scum to be very passive and agreeable so they don't draw any attention.

I am of the opinion that no one tell on its own is ever good enough to be certain. In most games, you can take a single 'tell' and follow it through to a lynch since it is hard to get much more the first day. After that I like to have multiple reasons for lynching somebody.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

No, DCorbe, aggressive behavior is usually not necessarily scummy.

FoS on OGML
, for wanting a lynch so soon in a game with no NKs.

FoS on Grimmy and DCorbe
, for jumping on that bandwagon.
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by dcorbe »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:No, DCorbe, aggressive behavior is usually not necessarily scummy.

FoS on OGML

FoS on Grimmy and DCorbe
Jumping on what bandwagon? Yours?

This is the first time all thread I've voted.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by PJ. »

Vote: ZombieSlayer
Thank you for voluntering to be lynched by OMGUSing everyone on your wagon. Team Less Awesome will be happy to assisst your decision.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Second vote count of Day 1

ZombieSlayer54(4): OhGodMyLife, Grimmy, dcorbe, Panzerjager

water_foul(1): Gorrad
Xtoxm(1): farside22
farside22(1): Xtoxm

Not voting: bionicchop2, killa seven, Qman, water_foul, ZombieSlayer54

12 alive, 7 to lynch

Deadline still june 30

Also:
ZS wrote:Post 2: OH ---- I FORGOT TO NAME A PARTNER AND SINCE I HAVE NO ACTUAL LOVER THE MOD WILL NOT PROD THEM OR SAY SOMETHING WHICH IMPLIES ME OH ----.

Might I remind you all of rule 3? Please try to refrain from profanity as it detracts from game enjoyment for some(myself included). Thank you.

jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 3:53 am

Post by farside22 »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:No, DCorbe, aggressive behavior is usually not necessarily scummy.

FoS on OGML

FoS on Grimmy and DCorbe
Did you even read what OGML stated as his reasoning in regards to your comments? How do you expect the game to move along if no one votes? How is OGML wanting a lynch so soon?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 4:10 am

Post by Xtoxm »

farside22 wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:I don't think i'd find that scummy like I do Farside.
Explain?
I'm not seeing the case against Zombie at the moment. What about post 87 did you find scummie?
I didn't like the way you voted for me.

Also not seeing the ZS case.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Qman »

bionicchop2 wrote:
Qman wrote:
bionicchop2 wrote:

Being active =/= townie.

I never said it did. I just said we have said the most, so it is easy for what we have said to be dissected as 'scummy'.
Granting the point, that came across as "You just think I'm scummy because I'm posting alot", when i first read it. It's easy to "disect" for scumminess yes, but it doesn't absolve you of what is said or what people read into it.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by Qman »

FoS on OGML

FoS on Grimmy and DCorbe
Actually scum do tend to come out of the gates more aggressive. You really need to start defending yourself too, not letting your partner do all the work. Your FoS's are really really stretching things.

@ Your OGML FoS ... it didn't put you close to lynch, it was the first vote. If you can't deal with being voted you really shouldn't play mafia and crying about it doesn't read as town.

@ Your grimmy FoS ... I really don't like Grimmy's coattailing of OGML's vote, so i feel this is warranted.

@ Your dcorbe FoS ... This one I don't agree with, again if you can't stand getting votes when people state legit reasons to vote you... well... yeah.

By the by, votes =/= people wanting to lynch you.

FoS
grimmy, Zombieslayer, bionic

Bionic yours is mostly because you are defending your partner before he's able to defend himself. Stop that, it looks scummy. (At least to me)
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by hasdgfas »