Newbie 1925 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:39 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 7, Sashaddin wrote:Ok, so I'm a math teacher.
Anyone who uses the word "math" instead of "maths" is scum.
VOTE: Sashaddin
No Setup:
Here are numerous abilities allowing you to deduce the numerous mafia members hidden among you and protect others.

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:25 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 10, teacher wrote:Maths is the devil, I concur. History all the way. That makes way too many teachers in the room too.

VOTE: Sashasdin
Teacher, any particular reason for going to L-2 within the first hour?
No Setup:
Here are numerous abilities allowing you to deduce the numerous mafia members hidden among you and protect others.

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:02 am

Post by TheASC »

UNVOTE: Sashasden

I don't like where this is going. I'm not a fan of how quickly this has built up so I think it's best to drop down to L-2 at least for now. All it takes is one trigger-happy hammer from the players that haven't yet posted and the day gets cut extraordinarily short.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:08 am

Post by TheASC »

Probably scum if town!Sasha, although I have played with people before that just hammer without thought regardless of alignment. Either way, the information gained from interrogating an early hammerer seems a lot worse than what would naturally be gained over the course of a full 240 hour day.

Also I guess whenever someone mentions Sasha's name it gets slightly altered. Sorry Sasha! This is what I get for not properly reading names. I'm just going to refer to him as Sasha from now on as to not repeat that mistake.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:15 am

Post by TheASC »

I saw that in my last game - town hammered the jailkeeper without declaring intent before they had a chance to claim.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:39 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 23, TTTT wrote:do you really think town comes in here and lolhammers?
In post 26, TTTT wrote:actually no
that lolhammer was on page 20
so my question still stands
I'm not saying it happens often, I'm just saying that it
could
happen and that I'd like to avoid taking that risk if possible, especially so early on.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:49 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 29, JPD wrote:VOTE: theASC

I'm slightly offended you think anyone could be so stupid.
I guess playing so many games in real life with people who aren't quite as... formal... has somewhat tainted my perspective of the average player.
I kinda wish someone had hammered though. That'd have to be some sort of record and I, for one, would be happy to be in the mafia hall of fame.
Although this is the kind of reasoning that could've encouraged a newbie townie to hammer. Not saying it's good reasoning, but the fact that you're thinking it implies other people could be too.
zeebu wrote:22.2% chance of fame 77.7% shame
As a mathsy person myself, I feel the need to point out from any one townie's view (i.e. the townie that goes for the hammer) it would be a 25% chance of fame, as they would not be counted in their own probabilities.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:13 am

Post by TheASC »

JPD wrote:
In post 22, TheASC wrote:Probably scum if town!Sasha
What's the problem with Sasha getting lynched then? If he flips town then we know who one of the scum is. If not, then we just lynched scum in less than 3 hours. Win, win in my book.
I answered this in the following sentence.
In post 22, TheASC wrote:Probably scum if town!Sasha, although I have played with people before that just hammer without thought regardless of alignment. Either way, the information gained from interrogating an early hammerer seems a lot worse than what would naturally be gained over the course of a full 240 hour day.
I am starting to see the reason for the early L-1 though. Almost certainly lynching one member of the mafia (Sasha or their hammerer) is incredibly useful in the early stages of the game.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:54 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 40, teacher wrote:ASC, what do you think of Sasha’s silence after the wagon?
I don't find that too surprising - 7 hours isn't an unreasonable gap between posts. I guess I find the fact that they posted without waiting for a reply at all a little unusual but apart from that I don't have a problem with it.

@board-general experience levels? If not your first game, give me a little self-meta?
Played one game on here as scum. Didn't do a particularly good job, but won anyway due to a very good partner.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:42 pm

Post by TheASC »

Sorry for the poke, hopefully I'll be more active over the next few days. I guess that's the problem with having so many reactionary players - It's easier to build on someone else's post than it is to start something new.
In post 88, TTTT wrote:
In post 60, TTTT wrote:@ZestofLife
@zeebu

if you had to choose the most likely scum player right now
who?
I'm just waiting for this
Why specifically those two? Is it for their inactivity? Arithmancer has posted less than those two, and Schia and I have been away for just as long.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:17 pm

Post by TheASC »

Just had another good look through the thread, here's a summary of my thoughts. I'll probably vote later today once I've properly thought about where to go from here.

In post 13, TTTT wrote:I like where this is going...

VOTE: Sash

L-1

If you vote for Sash he will be lynched
don't do this yet
In post 23, TTTT wrote:do you really think town comes in here and lolhammers?
@TTTT, you understand just how unlikely it is for town to hammer yet you feel the need to specify "If you vote for Sash he will be lynched" "don't do this yet". Why? Are you doubting that people wouldn't know how the game works and would join the lynch train because they didn't know what they were doing?
In post 39, Schiavetto wrote:Honestly, have to echo the sentiments of T4 and others w/rt the assumption that town would, idk, accidentally trip over, fall into their keyboard, awkwardly landing on the keys "LYNCH SASH" and hammer

Even without browsing previous games, it feels like you're preempting a defensive read there ASC ("Look at me, I'm being cautious of town making a mistake, which makes me town myself!")

There's utility in early-game wagon-building & I'm in no rush to relieve pressure, even if rand. Parking, fam.
In the vast majority of games, I play very cautiously as either faction, especially as town. The people that have played multiple games with me before would know this.

In post 76, teacher wrote:
In post 55, ZestOfLife wrote:I blame timezones
Another good getting to know people issue - general timezones? Im North America, and usually on late at night or early morning my time as I am limited during the school day. On experience, I have appr. 20 games, with only 1 true scum experience outside marathon or replacements. In general, Im a try-hard as any alignment.
I'm in the UK so BST (GMT+1) at the moment.

In post 102, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 101, TTTT wrote:that's actually an incredibly townie question for a newbie to ask
Personally, I started with a paranoiac state style where I wanted every post to be 100% perfect, to be townread. This can lead people to think you're scum that walks on eggshells...
Now I go with what I think, no holds. It makes me more authentic, but many people find that I'm scummy even when playing town. Eh. Since I'm authentic, it's much easier to play this way though.
Find your own style and be comfortable with it. Good players will still be able to read you.
In post 103, Sashaddin wrote:Oh I meant to quote Zeebu in the above ^^
I appreciate the irony of making a mistake in a post where you state you want "every post to be 100% perfect", whether this was intentional or not.

In post 129, teacher wrote:
In post 91, zeebu wrote:
In post 90, TheASC wrote:Sorry for the poke, hopefully I'll be more active over the next few days. I guess that's the problem with having so many reactionary players - It's easier to build on someone else's post than it is to start something new.
In post 88, TTTT wrote:
In post 60, TTTT wrote:@ZestofLife
@zeebu

if you had to choose the most likely scum player right now
who?
I'm just waiting for this
Why specifically those two? Is it for their inactivity? Arithmancer has posted less than those two, and Schia and I have been away for just as long.

i think hes asking us for our reads

mild scum lean on arith for post 54. several had already stated this (including myself) and general agreement that it probably wasnt likely to happen anyway. i dont think it needed to be said again.

sorry for the lack of posting on the weekend, i should have tried to find a computer. i spend a good portion of my weekdays tied to my desk so i expect a large jump in my activity starting now.
This is actually my strongest scumread.

First, theres a bit of oddity in the language: "I think hes asking us for our reads". TTTT's question isnt ambiguous - he is indeed asking for your reads. This line, though arguably responsive to ASC, simply strikes me as tonally off.

Second, I dont get the scum read of arith from 54, if not the others that repeated the same point. Indeed, Arith's 54 on the whole gave me town vibes, even if it was flogging a dead horse. Such was the gamestate at the time.

Third, Im curious about the appearance of an avatar different from the one provided from someone who didnt seem graphically inclined.

VOTE: Zeebu
First: There is another possible interpretation the way I see it, which is that TTTT was asking the rest of us which of those two we thought was the scummiest.
Second: I personally don't see anything too alignment indicative either way from , although that could just be me being new and bad at reading.
Third: Is this supposed to be reason to SR Zeebu? Yes, it's unusual but how is that at all scummy?

Sashaddin wrote:129 above was one solid post. Allow me to sheep it. I'm still not 100% comfortable with the wagon though...
L-1
Not 100% comfortable with the wagon, but pushes to L-1 anyway?
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:18 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 174, TTTT wrote:I'd rather a newbie replace in than another SE
This feels strange to me, why would you not want an experienced player in the game? Feels to me like you might be trying to push an easy mislynch on an inactive player.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:28 am

Post by TheASC »

To clarify, what I'm saying is that having a more experienced player replacing ZOL would probably make it easier to build from the current (slow) game state, while a newbie subbing into ZOL's position would be less likely to be able to apply pressure to other people.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:56 am

Post by TheASC »

I haven't been posting much the last couple of days due to personal reasons but I should be able to pick up the activity before the weekend.
In post 222, TTTT wrote:
In post 189, Schiavetto wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of 1-lynch spreads (ASC and ZoL know this). From town, they represent a kind of passivity, or refusal to participate in the (sometimes risky!) process of building wagons, applying pressure and developing reads. From scum, it can be a defensive tactic used to inconvenience town or dissociate oneself from a partner.
can you explain what you mean by 1-lynch spread?
1-lynch spread presumably refers to how multiple people are each being voted by one other as opposed to building up multiple 2-3 vote wagons.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:07 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 227, ClearlyClarity wrote:VOTE: TTTT
This feels like it was just thrown in to appease the town.

In post 200, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 184, zeebu wrote:even though tttt had been the loudest voice in my favor, i think he also stands the most to gain if i am mislynched on day 1
That's true — no matter what alignment TTTT is, he gets towncred for opposing your lynch. Do you read him as scum or town, then?
Also, I'm not too keen on this question, considering zeebu was at the time (and is currently) voting TTTT.

Most of the rest of Clarity's posts seem townie, although I'd struggle to pick out specific examples and describe
why
they seem townie, however I feel this is me being inexperienced more than Clarity being anti-town.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:58 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 245, TTTT wrote:@ASC
why aren't you voting?
Not confident in any of my scum reads at the moment. I know I
should
vote
someone
for pressure, but I'm struggling to decide who to go for and feel like I need a large amount of evidence/reasoning before I feel comfortable voting now that we're out of RVS.

In post 247, JPD wrote:Aight, some real life stuff overran and I only just got home. Gonna spend an hour on here before I head to bed. I'll try to make my way through all that's been posted since I've been gone.

I'll answer Shiavetto's question first.
In post 189, Schiavetto wrote: If you had to build a counterwagon against zeebu, on a player other than the one you're currently lynching, who would it be? Please provide two details to support your thinking, and remember to explain your reasoning.
My read on Sasha isn't a particularly strong one, certainly not something I'd consider lynching him over at the moment but that could change.

1)
Sasha hasn't done any active scum hunting. Of his 38 posts he has asked only two questions ( and ) neither of which I would consider helpful for scumhunting. His other posts have reiterated something someone else has already said (, , , , and ).

2)
He said in post that he thought the scum was in the pool of lurkers. This feels like an excuse to not bother scumhunting, especially given he hadn't even made an attempt to pressure the active players before declaring this.

3)
His logic for jumping on the Zeebu bandwagon is inconsistent. When I pressured him on it he mentioned as special 'something' that he can't talk about. I'm not a fan of this. It derails discussion as suddenly we can't ask him (or anyone else who talks about the 'something') any questions about something they've done which was kind of suspect. He jumped on the bandwagon due to post which he described as "strong" but wasn't in my opnion. This 'something' better be bloody good for him to suddenly change his mind. Evidence

4)
He is very reluctant to share any information. He posted his reads list and Teacher and I both had to prod to twice to get him to share his reasoning ( and , and ). Even then his reasoning was either week, or still not revealed fully. It feels like he posted his reads and had to come up with reasons after the fact. This 'something' is another example of that.

Some of this is a bit of a stretch, or could just be interpeted differently but I think Sasha would be my best candidate for a lynch right now (if I wanted to lynch someone right now, which I don't). Possibly TTTT as an alternative but I don't have reasons for that beyond his play seeming off when compared to my metadive. I'll look into that a bit more and see if I can put the feeling in to words.
I agree RE: Sasha, the play reminds me very much of me in my scumgame. Admittedly I'm not playing too differently to that atm but hopefully I'll improve as the game continues.

In post 275, TTTT wrote:this game is way too inactive...

so plz answer a couple questions:
what time zone do you live in?
when are you most likely to be active?
do you usually phone post or computer post?
England, GMT+1
Usually ~7-8pm GMT
Almost always computer post.

In post 305, Schiavetto wrote:ZoL & I mod the same chat-based maf community, of which TheASC is a member
For people who read or were in my previous game, this is the same group that I knew Zeito from.

In post 304, TTTT wrote:lynchpool:
Clarity
Noodle
ASC
Sash

those top two should be priority wagons/sorts rn
For the most part I agree with this. Teacher, zeebu and JPD are my strongest trs currently.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:21 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 342, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 337, TheASC wrote:For the most part I agree with this. Teacher, zeebu and JPD are my strongest trs currently.
What do you think towny about Zeebu?
In post 182, zeebu wrote:is it something that i am supposed to do or someone else?
In post 215, zeebu wrote:is it fair to say that the general consensus is that one of either tttt or i are likely to be scum?
In post 238, zeebu wrote:alright, now im sensing some distancing between clarity and tttt. something about their interactions, unless just retaliatory, hit a chord with me. im still safely under the gun at the moment, so a vote on tttt is certainly a safe move and doubles as allowing cc to get a vote down (as asc pointed out) with little consequence since it doesnt really do anything for the game.
He reacted well despite spending multiple real life days at L-1 and has been constantly asking questions to advance the state of the game, as well as his knowledge of the game, since he subbed in.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:19 am

Post by TheASC »

Current thoughts:
ASC
-----
zeebu, Schia, teacher
-----
TTTT, JPD, Sasha
-----
Clarity, wilky

In post 372, Sashaddin wrote:@ ASC, Teacher, TTTT:
If you had to choose a lynch outside of me and Zebu, who would it be?
wilky. Neither him nor ZoL have posted much, and they posts they have made definitely don't help his cause.

In post 344, wilky wrote:Been a really long day for me, worked 6am - 5.30 pm then done a 400 mile drive afterwards. I've quickly skimmed the thread and will do a more in depth post tomorrow morning.

Zeebu and the asc are town.

Jpd is probably my biggest scum read atm but I'm not voting until the morning when I can get a better read and properly collect my thoughts.

Sasha has looked scummy in some posts I skimmed through but I think Sasha is mislymch bait in general.

UNVOTE:
  • Says he'll do a more in depth post tomorrow morning - hasn't yet. I guess it's still morning up to GMT-5, but that wouldn't fit with the "worked 6am - 5.30 pm then done a 400 mile drive afterwards."
  • TRs me for some reason. He's not wrong there but I'm not too sure what I've done that's more townie than the average player this game.
  • I'd like some reasoning behind Sasha being "mislymch bait"
In post 356, teacher wrote:
In post 343, TheASC wrote:since he subbed in.
Total aside - comments like this are why I’m ok lynching you even though I have you on the upside of null. They tell me you’re not really following the game. Zeebu is a “replacement” but was in the game from the start (See
Sorry, I'll try harder to keep up.

In post 367, TTTT wrote:365 is a townish response
Schiav answers in a way consistent with her prior statements
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to make a mistake in regards to Schia's gender... In my last game, the two people that were referred to by incorrect pronouns were scum. That's probably not statistically significant though, right? :P
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #18) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:53 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 378, JPD wrote:
In post 337, TheASC wrote:Teacher, zeebu and JPD are my strongest trs currently.
In post 376, TheASC wrote:zeebu, Schia, teacher
-----
TTTT, JPD, Sasha
-----
Clarity, wilky
I find it interesting that you had me as one of your top TRs and now I'm null (with only 1 post inbetween and less than a full day) without you having asked me any questions or said anything about my posts. That's not entirely true actually, you have mentioned my posts but only to say you agree with them (post ).

Is it due to my inactivity over the last couple of days? Or is it Wilky calling me his top SR?

I can understand the Wilky thing kind of as your top SR calling me scum could be seen as distancing? idk. Just trying to call out inconsistencies.
Yeah, mainly the inactivity in addition to a general reread of the thread.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #19) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:55 am

Post by TheASC »

Thought I voted in my big post a couple of hours ago.
I must have missed that. VOTE: wilky
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #20) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:57 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 386, JPD wrote:To explain the activity, it's my birthday and I'm celebrating with my sister before she heads off to Malta for a year.
Have fun then :) It's mine next week.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #21) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:54 pm

Post by TheASC »

In post 344, wilky wrote:Been a really long day for me, worked 6am - 5.30 pm then done a 400 mile drive afterwards. I've quickly skimmed the thread and will do a more in depth post tomorrow morning.]
In post 393, ClearlyClarity wrote:Checking in now. Give me a few.
Looks like it's not me promising posts later and not following through. Although I guess Clarity could've been asking for a few hours or days... Let's lynch one of those two today, I don't mind which.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #22) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:58 pm

Post by TheASC »

In post 407, Sashaddin wrote:ASC, ClearlyClarity and Schiavetto shouldn't be sitting on their vanity wagons, we'e runnning out of time. Wilky should be voting too.
Vote me if you want to, we might learn something.
Like I said, there's two people I would be happy lynching here so I'm fine swapping to the person other people also want to lynch.

VOTE: ClearlyClarity
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:37 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 426, teacher wrote:
In post 399, teacher wrote:Can you also speak on what jumped Schia up for you? Was it the vote on you
@asc
That's certainly a large part of it. From what I can tell, the vote was an attempt to get me more active, which seems very townie. This game has been very slow, and any attempts to increase activity give that person huge townie points imo.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:38 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 439, zeebu wrote:
In post 438, TTTT wrote:if this flips town I'm lynching you tomorrow zeebs
that seems rude. also, isnt it still on L-1? unless you unvoted and theres your revote, you were already on CC
In post 440, teacher wrote:It’s called a hammer test. Hence why I played along. It’s to get reactions from those not really following.
I regret not doing that trick on page 1 when I had the chance. I didn't think of it until the day after, when I'd already unvoted. I guess it doesn't quite have the same effect if all the votes are on one page though.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #25) » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:15 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 458, Schiavetto wrote:Yeah, nah, I don't have any reservations about this.

VOTE: Clearly Clarity
Boom.
Let's hope this isn't the second of my games to have a PR hammered before they can claim. Although saying that, she's had plenty of warning for this.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (isolation #26) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:58 pm

Post by TheASC »

In post 465, Schiavetto wrote:Rise and shine & give god the glory, glory!

VOTE: TheASC
Yeah, I'm here.

In my opinion the teacher night kill is unfortunate but not too surprising, considering he was a strong player that the majority of us were tring.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:04 am

Post by TheASC »

To the people that weren't voting Clarity yesterday: why were you voting for who you were voting for? In Wilky's case, why weren't you voting at all?
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:04 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 469, zeebu wrote:
In post 467, TheASC wrote:To the people that weren't voting Clarity yesterday: why were you voting for who you were voting for? In Wilky's case, why weren't you voting at all?
im not sure how to answer this. i had declared intent and was about to vote and then schiavetto came in and basically prevented me from doing so.
That doesn't really answer my question - why Sasha?
the simplest explanation is that schiavetto wanted to save a couple hours

the slightly scummy explanation is that since it was inevitable, vetto decided to pull the trigger to get on the wagon before it was too late

the much scummier explanation is that the hammer prevented clearly clarity from trying to defend or claim anything that we could have possibly used.

VOTE: schiavetto

so?
1) I agree that this is the likely reasoning here. You took a while to even declare intent - who knows how long the actual hammer would've taken.
2) Schia's a good player; I'm not sure he's the kind of person to bus at the last possible second.
3) You do realise Clarity flipped red right? If Schia was her partner, why would he not want Clarity to make a claim? If Clarity claimed VT, that'd be no different to the current situation. If Clarity claimed a PR, that could potentially hold off the lynch for a day and maybe even out a town PR through counter-claiming.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (isolation #29) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:16 pm

Post by TheASC »

In post 480, Sashaddin wrote:Ok I read some Iso's and excluding the existence of Wilky, because he isn't here, I'd say Zeebu has killed Teacher last night. Every other iso makes sense to me.
What do you think Zeebu's reasoning was for killing teacher specifically over other strong players such as TTTT?
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #30) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:19 pm

Post by TheASC »

Also the absence of Wilky is something that definitely can't be ignored - he was away for almost 72 hours before the end of day 1 and said he'd discuss his thoughts during "tomorrow morning".
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #31) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:10 pm

Post by TheASC »

In post 480, Sashaddin wrote:Ok I read some Iso's and excluding the existence of Wilky, because he isn't here, I'd say Zeebu has killed Teacher last night. Every other iso makes sense to me.
In post 501, Sashaddin wrote:Zeebu's not so bad after all. I can like a couple of his posts if I convince myself he's town.
UNVOTE: Zeebu
I'll vote after the prodded two manifest themselves.
You went from "Zeebu is definitely scum" to "Zeebu's not so bad after all" in 20 posts.
zeebu wrote:
In post 488, TTTT wrote:
In post 487, zeebu wrote:tttt is townlock
why?
The only way you aren’t town is if you totally threw clearly clarity under the bus. You spearheaded it.
The only post from Zeebu in this time is this one, which doesn't feel incredibly townie to me. From experience, scum is far more likely to "townlock" people than town is, and hard bussing is definitely a thing that exists - considering how inactive Clarity was, it's not out of the question that someone thought the town cred they'd get for bussing her was more than the value of keeping her alive.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #32) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:39 pm

Post by TheASC »

In post 513, Schiavetto wrote:If they were on the wagon, I have trouble picturing them as second-position (especially when second-pos player, Sash, was the next-most popular lynch). Not ruling it out, though.

Third-position or off-wagon feels more likely
This sounds like it's a lot more specific than it actually is. Fourth flipped as confirmed town, Fifth is Schia who would see himself as confirmed town, First is TTTT who most of us have a strong town read on and second was discussed already in the post. This leaves third-position (me) and the three people off-wagon (other than Clarity of course).
In post 529, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 358, Schiavetto wrote:BTW, @teacher, remember to address me at some point so we don't get accused of being partners~*~*~
This feels weird. Like trying to make an alibi or something. Especially since Teacher got nightkilled.
I agree that feels a little off, although not sure how much can be read into this.
In post 530, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 376, TheASC wrote:Current thoughts:
ASC
-----
zeebu,
Schia
teacher

-----
TTTT, JPD, Sasha
-----
Clarity
, wilky
This might be why ASC is alive instead of teacher. He didn't read Schiavetto as scum.
Why exactly would I be killed? Yes, I've had experience with Schiavetto, but I'm nowhere near as good a player as some of the others here. I haven't been particularly active this game and haven't really been town read by many people here.

-----------------

Also, we're coming up on the end of the day. We definitely need an extension and/or consensus lynch today. I'm not too sure about who though - maybe zeebu, Sasha or wilky's replacement (MaryJoLisa)? I suppose it all depends on what we get from these slots over the next day or so.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:09 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 541, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 530, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 376, TheASC wrote:Current thoughts:
ASC
-----
zeebu,
Schia
teacher

-----
TTTT, JPD, Sasha
-----
Clarity
, wilky
This might be why ASC is alive instead of teacher. He didn't read Schiavetto as scum.
Awww. Did this post give it away? :(
What are you trying to say here?
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #34) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:34 pm

Post by TheASC »

In post 561, MaryJoLisa wrote:Hold on. I'm half-way through reading and commenting on the thread. I'm the fourth person in this slot. Am I understanding correctly that before I joined the game, my slot made a grand total of 7 posts? ScreamingNoodle made 0 posts?
Yeah, I'm convinced this slot is cursed somehow. ZoL made 4 posts, 3 of which were game-related. ScreamingNoodle subbed in and out without saying anything. wilky posted twice saying "I'll be back later" and then once saying some reads with "I'm not voting until the morning". That was 11 days ago. So yeah, 7 posts of which 4 were game-related in around 15 real life days of gameplay.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (isolation #35) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:52 pm

Post by TheASC »

In post 558, Micc wrote:
I've added two days to the deadline for Day 2.

Votecount 2.04
Sashaddin (2) -
TTTT, JPD
TheASC (1) -
Schiavetto
MaryJoLisa (1) -
zebu
Schiavetto (1) -
Sashaddin

Not Voting (2) -
TheASC, MaryJoLisa

With 7 players alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 2 is in (expired on 2019-04-26 20:20:00).
So, in regard to these lynch candidates: Schiavetto has been a strong town read for me all game, and I'd prefer to get more input from MJL before lynching that slot. I'm not going to vote myself for obvious reasons. So, I'm happy with a Sasha lynch.

VOTE: Sashaddin L-3
(I double checked the spelling this time!)
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (isolation #36) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:38 pm

Post by TheASC »

In post 601, TTTT wrote:VOTE: Sash

This is L-1
I'm impressed. I saw this and thought "this would never work considering the previous post" and then... it worked.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (isolation #37) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:23 pm

Post by TheASC »

In post 619, TheASC wrote:
In post 601, TTTT wrote:VOTE: Sash

This is L-1
I'm impressed. I saw this and thought "this would never work considering the previous post" and then... it worked.
In post 620, TTTT wrote:@ASC
huh?
Oh wait never mind I'm just being bad. I thought this was a trick to catch people off guard by saying it's L-1 similar to because I didn't account for the fact that the number of votes to lynch changed after the first day. Ironic that I fell for a hammer test that never actually happened.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (isolation #38) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:44 pm

Post by TheASC »

Ok, looks like I've got some catching up to do. First things first, I agree with TTTT in regard to him being confirmed town but don't understand the request for a Neapolitan to claim resulting in a guaranteed win. We're just as likely to be in C1 with a potential easy Neapolitan fake claim as we are to be in A1 with a real Neapolitan.

I'll answer anyway though - I am not a Neapolitan.

Schia's "policy hammer" seems very strange considering he stated a town read on that slot and someone had already declared intent to hammer. I'll look more into Schia's ISO over the next hour or two and compare it with some of his previous games.

Also, the JPD night kill implies that our final Mafioso picked up on his cop soft (otherwise they'd probably kill TTTT, the near-universal tr). Just something to bear in mind.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (isolation #39) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:37 pm

Post by TheASC »

The conversation over the last couple of pages between MJL and zeebu feels townie - MJL's really redeemed that slot in my opinion. TTTT's obviously town at this point from the cop. zeebu I find harder to read - he seems like he'd be an easy mislynch as town but I'm not getting any scum vibes from him.

In post 189, Schiavetto wrote:One thing I will say before I take off-

I'm not the biggest fan of 1-lynch spreads (ASC and ZoL know this). From town, they represent a kind of passivity, or refusal to participate in the (sometimes risky!) process of building wagons, applying pressure and developing reads. From scum, it can be a defensive tactic used to inconvenience town or dissociate oneself from a partner.
Schia, how is this any different to what you were doing with your vote on me yesterday?
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (isolation #40) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:33 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 728, Schiavetto wrote:As for your allegation that TTTT has requested a Neapolitan claim [x], you're either misunderstanding what he said or deliberately misrepresenting what he said: He asked for a Neapolitan to claim if they got a VT result on somebody, reason being that we would (presumably) have three clears. The same thing could be accomplished by having a Tracker (should one exist) claim their result/lack of result on a player.
You don't seem to have addressed my main point regarding a Neapolitan which is that we would not have any more clears than we do currently - just because someone claims Nea with a result doesn't mean they actually are Nea with a result. In C1, the last scum knows there's no other PR so they can claim Nea themselves and we absolutely don't want to accidentally clear scum.

Another important point worth mentioning here is that Neapolitan with a non-VT result should also claim as this instantly narrows the game down to 2 potential scum (the claimed target and the claimed Neapolitan) and we lynch them both.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (isolation #41) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by TheASC »

In post 733, MaryJoLisa wrote:@TheASC, if you've answered this already, I apologize. How much experience do you have playing a game like this?
I've been playing mafia IRL for about 6 months, active in a mafia chat room (with Schia and many others) for about 3 months and this is my second game on here.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (isolation #42) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:43 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 746, TTTT wrote:I'll start:
If I am a Neapolitan or Tracker I do not have an innocent result outside of TTTT
Likewise, if I am a Neapolitan or Tracker, I do not have an innocent result outside of TTTT.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (isolation #43) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:04 pm

Post by TheASC »

Schia, assuming no PR claims and that I get lynched today, what are your opinions on tomorrow's lylo? By the sound of it, the other players here want today's and tomorrow's lynches to be the two of us so I'm interested in your thoughts here.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (isolation #44) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:54 pm

Post by TheASC »

Ok, time for me to get as many of my thoughts down as quickly as possible I guess. Twilight could end at any time so it's probably better to post in smaller chunks so that some of it at least gets sent before I die. Firstly - my hammer. I'm kind of annoyed you didn't give chance for me to claim but at least you denied Schiavetto the satisfaction of hammering me himself. I'm VT by the way.

Speaking of Schia, while my SR on him has faded somewhat, I still find the fact he's been pushing me since day 1 a little suspicious. I seem to always find Schia more and more suspicious as games go on. From my experience of his player meta, he's reasonably lurky as each faction and so there's not really much to read into there. I'd still recommend a Schia lynch tomorrow, but hey, it's up to you guys now.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (isolation #45) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:03 pm

Post by TheASC »

In addition, while I don't think Schia is the type of person that would heavily push a scum partner, I can definitely see him hammering a wagon with almost no chance of defusing for towncred.

Regarding MJL, she's definitely played well and townily (is that a word? it should be) over the last couple of days but it's important to not forget the poor performance from ZestOfLife, ScreamingNoodle and wilky. It's unusual that there have been so many subs in this slot, although almost certainly not alignment indicative.

I can't really see zeebu being scum at this point. He coped well at L-1 on day 1 and while a lot of his later posts haven't exactly been pro-town, they're certainly not pro-scum. I think he'd be hard to read as either alignment but look forward to seeing how his meta develops in future games.

So to conclude, my current thoughts. I still think Schiavetto should be lynched tomorrow, but my opinions about him being scum and zeebu being town are certainly a lot less intense than they were earlier today due to taking the time to properly read through the thread from the beginning again. I will say that I definitely enjoyed this game more than my scum game and I wish my 3 townie friends good luck in the oncoming lylo. :)
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (isolation #46) » Wed May 01, 2019 4:16 am

Post by TheASC »

Any last questions before you finish brutally murdering me?
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”