Game of Throws
Game of Throws
Townie
Game of Throws
Townie
Townie

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:39 am

Post by Game of Throws »

In post 541, Wiisp wrote:I hate hydras... What's the point of even exiting if only one head is gunna play the game, all is does is make evaluating the slot even harder
For fun! In the end, we all play mafia games for fun.
...Right?
In post 541, Wiisp wrote:But you didn't argue the train, you called it hot garbage, that's discrediting without reason
I mean I just told you that that is exactly what I did.
In post 541, Wiisp wrote:So you a trolling or are you solving?
Yes.

- Hajime
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:40 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 551, Game of Throws wrote:For fun! In the end, we all play mafia games for fun.
...Right?
I like you, I'm putting you in the no lynch day 1 \o/
I claim scum \o/
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:46 am

Post by Wiisp »

I play mafia to win lol, having fun is the by product, I wouldn't be playing mafia if I didn't find some sort of enjoyment in it, but that comes from my excitement in solving games

@hajime
Ya I don't see at all what you are arguing at this point, you can tell me w/e you want, and I can still not understand where you are coming from...

Also if you are gunna troll then stick to trolling, because when you randomly get serious it feels as if you are making sure you look town, which is scummy
As of right now I'm not really getting that vibe though, it's doubtful you even read most of the game, so idk why you are trying to discredit a train. I'm really good at this game though, and I'm quite sure you are just town.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:48 am

Post by Dannflor »

I think Wiisp is just town ?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:48 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 554, Dannflor wrote:I think Wiisp is just town ?
Yeah I'm thinking that.
I'm getting a good few town reads.
I claim scum \o/
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Wiisp »

you would be correct my good sir
Game of Throws
Game of Throws
Townie
Game of Throws
Townie
Townie

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:51 am

Post by Game of Throws »

I think if I agree to this in thread Wiisp will get some sort of ego boost and I don't want to see it happening.
So I'll post in my hydra PT that I secretly agree.

- Hajime
Papyrus
Papyrus
Goon
Papyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:55 am

Post by Papyrus »

In post 511, Wiisp wrote:@pap
There is a major difference between scum reading a slot due to their previous holder, and what you are doing, its dumb to drop you read because of a replacement, but does that mean you should be asking them questions like, why did he do this, or why did he do that? And then on an even more OGi level, you are attacking why he replaced out? That's a yikes from me, I guess you can be town in some world, but I don't buy that, that is a natural thought process
What's unnatural about the thought process?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:55 am

Post by Dannflor »

Roster
, what do you think about Wiisp? Have any other strong feelings / reads that you've picked up besides the three you mentioned?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:57 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 553, Wiisp wrote:Also if you are gunna troll then stick to trolling, because when you randomly get serious it feels as if you are making sure you look town, which is scummy
Excuse me what
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:58 am

Post by Vedith »

No lynch in these names today.
Skygazer
Pink Ball
Game of Throws
Dannflor
Papyrus
Hot Lightning
Wiisp
I claim scum \o/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:01 am

Illogical nature of that aside, it has a deeper flaw, which is that saying "don't do X, it's scummy" is probably based on a misunderstanding of what "scummy" is... because if it's not, then you're explicitly asking someone to make themself harder to read, which is mystifying.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:01 am

Vedith I'm surprised you didn't put your own name in there :3
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:03 am

Post by Vedith »

I was thinking it but I need to appear town like:<
I claim scum \o/
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Wiisp »

@pap
Imagine talking to a child that keeps asking why over and over, like it's so easy for mafia to hide in a read like that, it can be a TMI read as in if he is mafia you are aligned, or you can honestly believe that, that read works %100, and I'd probably have less respect for a player of they replaced out on a regular do to what alignments they rolled...

Go read his recent posts, and build a read off that, hypothetically speaking, imagine coming into a slot, that was scum read, and everypost moving forward from that slot is towny, yet you are still living in a world where he's obvious scum, tldr: your justifying a vote for bad reasons, your alignment can be up in the air, but that mindset is never healthy or helpful in solving a game, and just leads to tunnels
Papyrus
Papyrus
Goon
Papyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:07 am

Post by Papyrus »

In post 565, Wiisp wrote:@pap
Imagine talking to a child that keeps asking why over and over, like it's so easy for mafia to hide in a read like that, it can be a TMI read as in if he is mafia you are aligned, or you can honestly believe that, that read works %100, and I'd probably have less respect for a player of they replaced out on a regular do to what alignments they rolled...

Go read his recent posts, and build a read off that, hypothetically speaking, imagine coming into a slot, that was scum read, and everypost moving forward from that slot is towny, yet you are still living in a world where he's obvious scum, tldr: your justifying a vote for bad reasons, your alignment can be up in the air, but that mindset is never healthy or helpful in solving a game, and just leads to tunnels
This doesn't answer my question. What's unnatural about the reasoning?
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:09 am

Post by Wiisp »

In post 562, Something_Smart wrote:Illogical nature of that aside, it has a deeper flaw, which is that saying "don't do X, it's scummy" is probably based on a misunderstanding of what "scummy" is... because if it's not, then you're explicitly asking someone to make themself harder to read, which is mystifying.
I mean everything is subjective to someone...
So what's the conclusion, what does mystifying mean?

I think trolling 8/10 times comes from town, the combination of the two tends to be 50/50, and being super serious, tends to come from scum more than town, that's my opinion, and you don't have to believe it, but it's doubtful you can tell me how I think is wrong
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:12 am

Post by Wiisp »

It's unnatural to me, because never in my life of playing mafia, have I ever seen anyone make a read like that, outside one time, and that one person was mafia, and I've argued my thoughts on the matter, which may or may not answer you question directly, but at this point I'm over it
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:12 am

Mystifying means confusing. What confuses me is why you would ask someone not to do something scummy, when them doing something scummy would help you read them better.
Game of Throws
Game of Throws
Townie
Game of Throws
Townie
Townie

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:14 am

Post by Game of Throws »

In post 567, Wiisp wrote:I think trolling 8/10 times comes from town, the combination of the two tends to be 50/50, and being super serious, tends to come from scum more than town, that's my opinion, and you don't have to believe it, but it's doubtful you can tell me how I think is wrong
Yeah it's correct to not believe that because they are all purely based on playstyle.

- Hajime
Papyrus
Papyrus
Goon
Papyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:14 am

Post by Papyrus »

In post 568, Wiisp wrote:It's unnatural to me, because never in my life of playing mafia, have I ever seen anyone make a read like that, outside one time, and that one person was mafia, and I've argued my thoughts on the matter, which may or may not answer you question directly, but at this point I'm over it
Have you revised your read on me?
Game of Throws
Game of Throws
Townie
Game of Throws
Townie
Townie

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:14 am

Post by Game of Throws »

In post 569, Something_Smart wrote:Mystifying means confusing. What confuses me is why you would ask someone not to do something scummy, when them doing something scummy would help you read them better.
If you can't take the hint that means Wiisp is secretly townreading me.

- Hajime
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:17 am

For the record, scumminess is technically not subjective. (And certainly it's not the case that EVERYTHING is subjective.) Every behavior is either scum indicative or it isn't, and what we form are not opinions but beliefs about what is and isn't scummy. It's possible for a belief to be objectively wrong. I don't really think you're right about tryharding being more likely scum; I believe it's player dependent. I'd guess that the trolling players you've seen were mostly town because most players are town and you remember them more. There's no way that more than 50% of the players you've seen being super serious were scum, the math just doesn't check out.
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:19 am

Post by Wiisp »

In post 569, Something_Smart wrote:Mystifying means confusing. What confuses me is why you would ask someone not to do something scummy, when them doing something scummy would help you read them better.
read them better? Seems more like you want me to allow them to be scummy so you can push there, idk how a town person makes a post like this

VOTE: something_smart

I want you to be shot in the night, but I don't necessarily think you will 100% flip scum @pap

@GoT
You are right, there is a context and personality, it defines everything in mafia, if everything was one-demensional, mafia would be an easy game. How exactly do you catch mafia, if you hedge on everything?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”