Newbie 1925 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:19 am

Post by Micc »

Votecount 1.08
zeebu (4) -
Screamingnoodle, Schiavetto, teacher, Sashaddin
TTTT (1) -
zeebu
Sashaddin (1) -
JPD
ClearlyClariry (1) -
TTTT

Not Voting (2) -
ClearlyClariry, TheASC

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2019-04-15 17:35:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:24 am

Post by TTTT »

I have the worst bottom of the page timing...

screamingnoodle did you read the game before replacing in?
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:17 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

VOTE: TTTT
Call me whatever you want...
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:17 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 214, teacher wrote:Question is @Clearly for why she would push a vanity over an already run up scumlean. Just some dissonance there. I got your question.
What do you mean by vanity?
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:40 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 210, teacher wrote:Why not intent a scumlean who is already run up to L-1? What do you get w the vanity?
I was largely absent from the proceedings that led up to the zeebu wagon. This is my first time replacing in an ongoing game — reads and vibes feel differently than if I had been in the game since the beginning. Consider my reads list as though it was on page 3 — I would vote, but not if the wagon was already at L-1. I'm against ending the day at 10 pages when two slots had to be replaced and there had been very little content from several of the players. Once Screamingnoodle posts and I get some info regarding my slot and zeebu's, I'll declare intent.

The second and bigger reason is that I've never hammered before and I'm apprehensive about even declaring intent due to PTSD from 1923
:(
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:56 am

Post by TheASC »

I haven't been posting much the last couple of days due to personal reasons but I should be able to pick up the activity before the weekend.
In post 222, TTTT wrote:
In post 189, Schiavetto wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of 1-lynch spreads (ASC and ZoL know this). From town, they represent a kind of passivity, or refusal to participate in the (sometimes risky!) process of building wagons, applying pressure and developing reads. From scum, it can be a defensive tactic used to inconvenience town or dissociate oneself from a partner.
can you explain what you mean by 1-lynch spread?
1-lynch spread presumably refers to how multiple people are each being voted by one other as opposed to building up multiple 2-3 vote wagons.
No Setup:
Here are numerous abilities allowing you to deduce the numerous mafia members hidden among you and protect others.

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:59 am

Post by TTTT »

@ASC
thanks
can you give me your read on Clarity plz?
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:02 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 229, ClearlyClarity wrote:
The second and bigger reason is that I've never hammered before and I'm apprehensive about even declaring intent due to PTSD from 1923
you weren't in 1923 tho
what are you referring to?
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:07 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 227, ClearlyClarity wrote:VOTE: TTTT
This feels like it was just thrown in to appease the town.

In post 200, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 184, zeebu wrote:even though tttt had been the loudest voice in my favor, i think he also stands the most to gain if i am mislynched on day 1
That's true — no matter what alignment TTTT is, he gets towncred for opposing your lynch. Do you read him as scum or town, then?
Also, I'm not too keen on this question, considering zeebu was at the time (and is currently) voting TTTT.

Most of the rest of Clarity's posts seem townie, although I'd struggle to pick out specific examples and describe
why
they seem townie, however I feel this is me being inexperienced more than Clarity being anti-town.
No Setup:
Here are numerous abilities allowing you to deduce the numerous mafia members hidden among you and protect others.

TheASC:
hehe love <3
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:09 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 232, TTTT wrote:
you weren't in 1923 tho
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:22 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 233, TheASC wrote:This feels like it was just thrown in to appease the town.
I'll admit to this. At the time I wrote my long wall of posts, I wasn't confident with any of my reads — which, again, I attribute to my having replaced in rather than being a player from the start. This game was long past RVS stage when I joined the game, so I didn't want to throw my vote willy-nilly. I recognize now that my lack of vote indicates passivity and anti-town behavior — especially coupled with the fact that I made a reads post that comes off as fake due to it — so I rectified my mistake as soon as I logged in today.
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:39 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 233, TheASC wrote:Also, I'm not too keen on this question, considering zeebu was at the time (and is currently) voting TTTT.
My excuse here is less justifiable :? . I posted my zeebu analysis before my response to Schiva's post about the vote spread, so I had not fully registered that zeebu had voted for TTTT. I read the vote itself but I forgot to incorporate it in my question to zeebu's 184. I also operated under the assumption that zeebu would flip town despite my scumreading him because I was still reeling from the result of
something I cannot talk about right now,
so I'd written my question with scum!TTTT and town-acting-scummy!zeebu in mind. Serves me right for trying to catch up at 3am in the morning. :lol:
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:42 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 234, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 232, TTTT wrote:
you weren't in 1923 tho
1923 did actually give me PTSD, though. :dead:
zeebu
zeebu
Goon
zeebu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:51 am

Post by zeebu »

alright, now im sensing some distancing between clarity and tttt. something about their interactions, unless just retaliatory, hit a chord with me. im still safely under the gun at the moment, so a vote on tttt is certainly a safe move and doubles as allowing cc to get a vote down (as asc pointed out) with little consequence since it doesnt really do anything for the game.
zeebu
zeebu
Goon
zeebu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:53 am

Post by zeebu »

In post 236, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 233, TheASC wrote:Also, I'm not too keen on this question, considering zeebu was at the time (and is currently) voting TTTT.
My excuse here is less justifiable :? . I posted my zeebu analysis before my response to Schiva's post about the vote spread, so I had not fully registered that zeebu had voted for TTTT. I read the vote itself but I forgot to incorporate it in my question to zeebu's 184.
I also operated under the assumption that zeebu would flip town despite my scumreading him because I was still reeling from the result of
so I'd written my question with scum!TTTT and town-acting-scummy!zeebu in mind
. Serves me right for trying to catch up at 3am in the morning. :lol:

everything about this seems off
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:58 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 239, zeebu wrote:
In post 236, ClearlyClarity wrote:
My excuse here is less justifiable :? . I posted my zeebu analysis before my response to Schiva's post about the vote spread, so I had not fully registered that zeebu had voted for TTTT. I read the vote itself but I forgot to incorporate it in my question to zeebu's 184.
I also operated under the assumption that zeebu would flip town despite my scumreading him because I was still reeling from the result of
so I'd written my question with scum!TTTT and town-acting-scummy!zeebu in mind
. Serves me right for trying to catch up at 3am in the morning. :lol:

everything about this seems off
Are you referring to what I cannot talk about?
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:03 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 238, zeebu wrote:alright, now im sensing some distancing between clarity and tttt. something about their interactions, unless just retaliatory, hit a chord with me. im still safely under the gun at the moment, so a vote on tttt is certainly a safe move and doubles as allowing cc to get a vote down (as asc pointed out) with little consequence since it doesnt really do anything for the game.
I already responded to ASC about that and explained that I'm reluctant to hammer in the position I'm in. Your reasoning for scumreading me feels like a cornered scum who's desperate to pin the easy blame on a slot that hasn't been read for the first 8 pages. Once again, I'm fully willing to declare intent to hammer you once everything I've mentioned has come into place.
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:15 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

Responded to teacher*
zeebu
zeebu
Goon
zeebu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:59 am

Post by zeebu »

And when I turn up town?
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:03 pm

Post by TTTT »

this is stupid
we now have three players waiting for "something"
but essentially doing nothing
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:05 pm

Post by TTTT »

@ASC
why aren't you voting?
Schiavetto
Schiavetto
Goon
Schiavetto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by Schiavetto »

I asked a question a while back and would super-appreciate an answer from the players in question lmaooo
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:02 pm

Post by JPD »

Aight, some real life stuff overran and I only just got home. Gonna spend an hour on here before I head to bed. I'll try to make my way through all that's been posted since I've been gone.

I'll answer Shiavetto's question first.
In post 189, Schiavetto wrote: If you had to build a counterwagon against zeebu, on a player other than the one you're currently lynching, who would it be? Please provide two details to support your thinking, and remember to explain your reasoning.
My read on Sasha isn't a particularly strong one, certainly not something I'd consider lynching him over at the moment but that could change.

1)
Sasha hasn't done any active scum hunting. Of his 38 posts he has asked only two questions ( and ) neither of which I would consider helpful for scumhunting. His other posts have reiterated something someone else has already said (, , , , and ).

2)
He said in post that he thought the scum was in the pool of lurkers. This feels like an excuse to not bother scumhunting, especially given he hadn't even made an attempt to pressure the active players before declaring this.

3)
His logic for jumping on the Zeebu bandwagon is inconsistent. When I pressured him on it he mentioned as special 'something' that he can't talk about. I'm not a fan of this. It derails discussion as suddenly we can't ask him (or anyone else who talks about the 'something') any questions about something they've done which was kind of suspect. He jumped on the bandwagon due to post which he described as "strong" but wasn't in my opnion. This 'something' better be bloody good for him to suddenly change his mind. Evidence

4)
He is very reluctant to share any information. He posted his reads list and Teacher and I both had to prod to twice to get him to share his reasoning ( and , and ). Even then his reasoning was either week, or still not revealed fully. It feels like he posted his reads and had to come up with reasons after the fact. This 'something' is another example of that.

Some of this is a bit of a stretch, or could just be interpeted differently but I think Sasha would be my best candidate for a lynch right now (if I wanted to lynch someone right now, which I don't). Possibly TTTT as an alternative but I don't have reasons for that beyond his play seeming off when compared to my metadive. I'll look into that a bit more and see if I can put the feeling in to words.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by JPD »

Also, in Sasha's most recent posts he mentions this 'something' not happening/not being what he thought it was. Could it have just been a deflection of suspicion over him jumping on the bandwagon? If this 'something' doesn't do whatever he thought it would, I'm going to want my question answered. I'll want to know what the something was, what he thought it could do for us and why it was worth jumping on a wagon he didn't agree with.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by JPD »

In post 164, TTTT wrote:zeebu
vote Zest with me
you won't regret it
Don't like this. If you want anyone to vote for Zest (or Clarity now) you should give a reason. So, why should anyone vote for Clarity now and what reasons did you have to consider Zest scum at the time?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”