Hot Lightning
Hot Lightning
Goon
Hot Lightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:10 am

Post by Hot Lightning »

In post 1545, Dannflor wrote:hm neither head of Hot Lightning has posted in like 2 days
I'm pretty busy and I plan to read the entire thread over the weekend. However, every time I check in I see you coming for us for little to no reason. In fact, I specifically remember you calling us out early on in the game despite it being a terrible call-out. With the few minutes I do have, let me go find it so you'll leave us alone.

-M
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:12 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1551, Hot Lightning wrote:In fact, I specifically remember you calling us out early on in the game despite it being a terrible call-out. With the few minutes I do have, let me go find it so you'll leave us alone.
If you're talking about the post I'm thinking about, several people thought it was weird.
Hot Lightning
Hot Lightning
Goon
Hot Lightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:12 am

Post by Hot Lightning »

Oh, here it is.
In post 453, Dannflor wrote:Hot Lightning can be lean town ?

Though I still find #158 a very weird post to make regardless
You call out Baezu's 158... what was weird about that? She asked people who weren't involved to get involved.

I'll retract my statement about coming at us... you did call us leantown here. But still, I don't see what your problem was with 158.

-M
Hot Lightning
Hot Lightning
Goon
Hot Lightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:14 am

Post by Hot Lightning »

In post 1552, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1551, Hot Lightning wrote:In fact, I specifically remember you calling us out early on in the game despite it being a terrible call-out. With the few minutes I do have, let me go find it so you'll leave us alone.
If you're talking about the post I'm thinking about, several people thought it was weird.
Well go ahead and enlighten me as to
how
it's weird. You
could
say our lack of activity makes it weird, but I feel that's not the angle you're viewing it from.

-M
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:21 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1554, Hot Lightning wrote:
how
it's weird. You
could
say our lack of activity makes it weird, but I feel that's not the angle you're viewing it from.

-M
I mean... that is the angle I'm viewing it from?

Your slot had made 3 total posts before that so to call out people who "hadn't posted much" seems not only hypocritical but a way to post without actually putting out content. This might be something I need to talk to Baezu about to get her thought process behind it, but you realize how I find it weird, right?
Reasonably Clever
Reasonably Clever
Goon
Reasonably Clever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:00 am

Post by Reasonably Clever »

@HL: When did I play with either of you? You expressed enough familiarity with me to assume we must have played together at some point, but I don't recall doing so.

-Cerb
Hydra of Cerberus v666 and Nancy Drew 39
Hot Lightning
Hot Lightning
Goon
Hot Lightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:02 am

Post by Hot Lightning »

In post 1556, Reasonably Clever wrote:@HL: When did I play with either of you? You expressed enough familiarity with me to assume we must have played together at some point, but I don't recall doing so.

-Cerb
I can't speak for Baezu, but I've played with Nancy before. I'm fairly certain all of my (mcqueen) posts that have directed a sense of familiarity with your slot were responses to her.

-M
Hot Lightning
Hot Lightning
Goon
Hot Lightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:04 am

Post by Hot Lightning »

In post 1555, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1554, Hot Lightning wrote:
how
it's weird. You
could

-M
I mean... that is the angle I'm viewing it from?

Your slot had made 3 total posts before that so to call out people who "hadn't posted much" seems not only hypocritical but a way to post without actually putting out content. This might be something I need to talk to Baezu about to get her thought process behind it, but you realize how I find it weird, right?
Okay, sure then. It's weird. Are we scum because of it?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:06 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1558, Hot Lightning wrote:Okay, sure then. It's weird. Are we scum because of it?
I don't think it's that AI. It's not why I'm voting your slot.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:11 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

I'LL PUSH THIS TOO!!!

VOTE: HOT LIGHTNING
Hot Lightning
Hot Lightning
Goon
Hot Lightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by Hot Lightning »

In post 1559, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1558, Hot Lightning wrote:Okay, sure then. It's weird. Are we scum because of it?
I don't think it's that AI. It's not why I'm voting your slot.
Ok so you’re gonna have to refresh me on why you’re voting our slot then.

-M
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:21 pm

Post by Vedith »

Right I'll be on this game tomorrow as if it were a pack of raisins!
I claim scum \o/
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:18 pm

Post by Shining Dreamers »

In post 1299, Team RWBY wrote:shining might be town
-Blake
Oh shit she's onto us. :shifty:
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:26 pm

In post 1305, Team RWBY wrote:
Shining Dreamers:
Can you be more direct? Who is copying you versus genuinely creating a townbloc/scumhunting vs creating a narrative?
Okay, so maybe I should clarify.

This game is filled to the brim with a lot of talented players who are somewhat competent at town and reasonable at understanding gamestates. Not everyone fits, but almost every slot fits due to almost every slot being a hydra and almost every hydra having a member who fits.

Most of those players are going to be town.

These players have all, more or less, come to the same conclusions. Their exact specific solves are different; their exact details differ from person to person. No two people have literally identical takes, but almost everyone has more or less the same sort of read overlap.

At this stage, it is incredibly difficult to differentiate between the people who happen to be town that came to these similar conclusions, and scum who formed the conclusions knowing it'd serve their agenda in some way to take those stances.

It's not outright impossible--but it's something I personally don't find worth the effort of trying. I'm satisfied with "most of these people are town, it's possible they
all
are town" enough to not bother sifting through the specifics at this juncture. I happen to think they're all town, I happen to know me being incompetent my belief they're all town's probably wrong, but on D1, we're not in a position I feel is worth putting that much time/effort into sorting the specifics of where I'm likely right and where I'm likely wrong; the simple fact that MOST of these people are town is good enough for me.

To put it another way: I'd rather have a cohesive town that has deepscum not found, than a divisive town that's aiming for a townbloc without scum (which has devolved to infighting), right now.
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:33 pm

In post 1398, Team RWBY wrote:ngl I'm getting like nothing out of 95% of the posts that are being generated in this thread
-Blake
You're getting content out of 5% of the posts in this thread?!?

...You are by far a better person at finding content than I am.

:P
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:36 pm

In post 1459, Shiidaji wrote:
In post 148, Hot Lightning wrote:
In post 97, Shiidaji wrote:hello yes kisses you can call me Shii
I feel like I have a happy stash of town leans. Sky and RWBY do not fall within this group.
Who are your town leans at the moment?
I felt confident in Papyrus town, Wisp a close second, and then Dan and GoT were all townleans. I got a good vibe from RC as well. Brown Eyes I wanted to believe was town because I related to her read-through!

As for scumreads, I had a gut feeling on Sky from her entrance. She had one one thing that I liked, which was post 70, where she reacted in a pretty natural way to what she felt was town voting her, but she also feels experienced enough to fab that, so I wanted to add to her wagon to see what she'd feel. The RWBY early claim felt organic, though since I assume the hydra had time to discuss what their approach would be so I'm trying to not use that towards my read on them. Their proclamation of Wiisp as town felt too matter-of-fact in 69 to me.

On my reread o the first pages what initially drew me to Dan town didn't ::do:: it for me again, while the RWBY callout on Wisp felt okay to me since I personally call leans "town" sometimes.
Spoiler: soc
I further like 129 and 136 from Papyrus and Wisp

General comment @ Brown Eyes I would prefer if you waited until after Sky responds to pressure before you voice defense like you did in 139, pressure is better when the pressured doesn't feel like they have friends in town.

I like Yang RWBY 141 suspicion on Wisp. I noticed the fencesitting when he originally posted it too but it felt like something the Wisp I've been introduced to would post either way. I like Wisp's response to this as well.

Dan 157 resonates good

I get and agree where nom 201 is coming from when discussing Lightning's involvement but this post pings my gut a little with the tone of the accusation. I want to go back to this after and see how I feel about this after I see what else nom's posted.

219 RWBY I read as a town perspective

240 RC tone towards Ank when addressing them directly feels town
imma chunk these out like 10 at a time this evening till we've conquered this beast :] follow along if you're bored lmao xoxo
If anyone was wondering about the Shiidaji slot townread...wonder no more!
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:37 pm

Best post in thread bar none.
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:39 pm

In post 1483, Team RWBY wrote:ftr I think there's good odds of scum being on the Skygazer wagon specifically, it's a lot less likely to be the case for the other wagons
-Blake
Does this still apply after Wiisp left? 'Cause I'd be fully onboard with that read pre-leave. Post-leave takes a lil' bit of convincing tho.
Team RWBY
Team RWBY
Goon
Team RWBY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:42 pm

Post by Team RWBY »

How you feeling about Neenie mastina?

-WS
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:48 pm

In post 1484, Team RWBY wrote:Shining Dreamers is town until proven otherwise; specifically, I think if the kills go exactly like the way I expect them to, she has pretty damn good scum equity actually
The problem with that is that there is never a realm where I kill anyone other than your slot N1. :P

Your slot is nightkill-worthy on your merits alone.

But then to top it off you have KRAZY in there as well--who has a penchant for reading me "right for the wrong reasons".
...And while said scumreads are right for the wrong reasons, the reasons being wrong does not diminish the annoying tendency to still be RIGHT.

...Plus, said wrong reasons I don't expect to stay wrong for long. You know the times I've talked about my play with you, Ank? Now imagine that ten, twenty times more, minimum, and you get how much I've talked with Krazy about my play. Legit don't think there's any scummer I've had a more engaged conversation with about my meta, my mindset, my playstyle, my motivations, my philosophies, etc. We talked extensively after Anime UPick, we talked extensively after Anything UPick, we talked a little after games like schadd's mini normal and xyzzy's game, we've even talked about our numerous alts.

And the dude doesn't seem to forget the stuff I say, either--at least not all of it. Like. I have memory problems; I literally can't remember all the facts about players I play with, nor what facts I shared with what people. And I've fully expected him to forget about facts I've told him...to be surprised when he remembered them EVEN WHEN I HADN'T. Like, him making a casual reference to something I had completely forgotten about, in spite of me being the one to talk to him about it in the first place.

Obviously he's human, he forgets things, and he won't remember everything so in spite of me talking to him more than any other player about my playstyle realistically speaking my estimation is that in spite of all that he does remember he only retains about 50% of what I've told him...
...But 50% of what I've told him...
...When I've told him 200-400% more than I've told any other player...
...Is still 100-200% knowledge above the average scummer level.

So frankly if you survive to see D2, either my scumteam tried to kill you and failed due to lacking a strongman, or I'm town. :P
(Taly and Akarin are nonentities. Sorry mates, but you don't increase the threat and don't decrease the threat. Your contribution, I appreciate, but as scum I just wouldn't find it threatening.)
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:51 pm

In post 1488, Team RWBY wrote:I think there's very few gamestates where you don't become a top kill choice before LyLo
-Blake
In contrast, I think there's very few gamestates where we aren't policy-vigged at some point or alternatively paranoia mislynched.

#softrollclaim
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:01 pm

In post 1540, Team RWBY wrote:I'm psychic
-Blake
What a coincidence, so am I.

:P
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:04 pm

In post 1569, Team RWBY wrote:How you feeling about Neenie mastina?

-WS
Does this answer your question?
In post 824, Shining Dreamers wrote:Hot Lightning

Something_Smart
Vedith
Pink Ball
NeenieKit

nomnomnom

Wiisp

Skygazer
Or were you looking for more? :P
Team RWBY
Team RWBY
Goon
Team RWBY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Post by Team RWBY »

is that group of 5 ordered? not sure why nomnom is below

anyway I'm not personally motivated to derail Sky even though I personally liked the drunkposting, but I guess I'm kinda alone on that, but I was wondering if your Neenie read was developed at all. I was starting to feel pretty good about a scumread there but then Ruby mentioned something which made me second guess myself. I guess you're still mostly focused on Sky and so you're not so focused on fully prioritized tier 3 scumreads?

-WS

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”