Newbie 1927 | Stuff I Found Online Xi | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Voted »

Tommorow I am pressuring people who don't post.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.02Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, John Burroughs, and Harvey Firestone used to take a camping trip each summer, calling themselves the Four Vagabonds. Ford liked to tell a story about stopping at a service station to replace a headlight:
He claimed to have said to the attendant, ‘By the way, you might be interested to hear that the man who invented this lamp is sitting out there in my car.’

‘You don’t mean Thomas Edison?’ the man gasped.

‘Yes, and, incidentally, my name is Henry Ford.’

‘Do tell! Good to meet you, Mr. Ford!’

Noting the brand of tire in the service station’s racks, Ford added, ‘And one of the other men in the car makes those tires — Firestone.’

The attendant’s jaw dropped. Then he saw John Burroughs with his flowing beard and his voice became skeptical: ‘Look here, mister, if you tell me that the old fellow with the whiskers out there is Santa Claus, I’m going to call the sheriff.’
via FutilityCloset

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Voted
(2): Exilon, Gimm1ck
PvtUrist
(1): wilky
Froce
(1): PvtUrist
Gimm1ck
(1): Not_Mafia

Not Voting
(4): Chrisonix, Froce, Moomn, Voted

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-04-22 12:30:00).

Mod notes:
Chrisonix has (expired on 2019-04-14 08:15:00) to confirm before they will be replaced.

wilky is V/LA until Monday
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:39 am

Post by Voted »

You asked me for reads so I will post you samething. Nevertheless, its really soon to do same judgements and I am likely to change my mind. Only two people posted samething relevant to game.

Gimm1ck - pushing me, but reasoning makes sense. Not scummy.

Exilon - defensive and offensive. Either town trying to scum hunt or scum trying to lynch town. Further investigation necessary.
I guess the same read goes on me too and we are going to pressure each other for a long time. Do you wish to start with it or let me have servis, Exilon?
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:30 am

Post by Froce »

Oh this started way early. Well hello I guess. It's good that you've started to but heads already, I'll probably stay out of it.
In post 11, PvtUrist wrote:also what are your mafia experience and why is green the firsr colour to come to mind?
Still getting used to quoting but I'm a seasoned epicmafia player which should set me up well for this, though I imagine maf or town tells will be harder to come by. To your second question, probably something to do with evolution as we still have some traits we never dropped from millions of years ago.
Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:43 am

Post by Moomn »

Hello friends. Down with the other faction, i say!

Let me familiarize myself with the codes and i shall join this random voting stage
Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Moomn »

VOTE: not_mafia names a bit suspicious if you ask me
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:01 am

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 53, Froce wrote:Oh this started way early. Well hello I guess. It's good that you've started to but heads already, I'll probably stay out of it.
In post 11, PvtUrist wrote:also what are your mafia experience and why is green the firsr colour to come to mind?
Still getting used to quoting but I'm a seasoned epicmafia player which should set me up well for this, though I imagine maf or town tells will be harder to come by. To your second question, probably something to do with evolution as we still have some traits we never dropped from millions of years ago.
>but I’ll stay out of it
Pardon, but that’s the exact opposite of what I would like; everyone should contribute their thoughts to any specific event ingame, rather than openly admitting to ignoring it.
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:03 am

Post by Gimm1ck »

Also Moomn it’s fine to rvs still, but I’d like your opinion on the me/Voted/Exilon conversation as well.
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Froce »

Well if you want my thoughts I think it's good to put people under pressure, but only on moderation as you don't wanna linger on one or two and forget about the rest. I don't really expect your ambush on Voted to last but if it does that's where we may have a problem.

I agree it looks as if Voted contradicted himself regarding the true meaning of some of his posts and was pointed out by Exilon so that's something to take note of.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by Exilon »

In post 49, Voted wrote:
In post 27, Voted wrote:
In post 24, Exilon wrote:why
Because he is behaving like overrelaxed mafia. Or as a troll.
I was actually talking about myself in 3rd person. I though it was more or less obvious.
It really wasn't. Thanks for clearing it up.

In post 52, Voted wrote:You asked me for reads so I will post you samething. Nevertheless, its really soon to do same judgements and I am likely to change my mind. Only two people posted samething relevant to game.

Exilon - defensive and offensive. Either town trying to scum hunt or scum trying to lynch town. Further investigation necessary.
I guess the same read goes on me too and we are going to pressure each other for a long time. Do you wish to start with it or let me have servis, Exilon?
Your read of me amounts to "I got nothing".

Your read of Gimm1ck seems to imply you believe he's town because his reasoning is valid. Is my understanding correct?

In post 53, Froce wrote:Oh this started way early. Well hello I guess. It's good that you've started to but heads already,
I'll probably stay out of it.
Please don't. ^_______^
Feels like I've been here before.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by Exilon »

Actually sorry I'm not done
In post 58, Froce wrote:Well if you want my thoughts I think it's good to put people under pressure, but only on moderation as you don't wanna linger on one or two and forget about the rest.
> Recognizes that it's good to put people under pressure
> Does not put anyone under pressure

Man, I love dissonance

UNVOTE: Voted
VOTE: Froce

I also love irony
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:39 pm

Post by Froce »

I'm still taking things slow waiting to see how the game unfolds. You won't really see me putting a vote on anyone unless I'm up to something.

Alas guess I been caught in the vote roulette. You're really not out to make friends here huh? Calling out everyone you can immediately. That sounds like a good maf plan if I say so.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:06 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

ok

VOTE: froce
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

I claim loved mayor with 2 votes
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:30 pm

Post by Froce »

You were already voting me bruh lol
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:35 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 61, Froce wrote:I'm still taking things slow waiting to see how the game unfolds. You won't really see me putting a vote on anyone unless I'm up to something.

Alas guess I been caught in the vote roulette. You're really not out to make friends here huh? Calling out everyone you can immediately. That sounds like a good maf plan if I say so.

Would like to repeat what I said, that scum want to give the appearance of activity whilst not lynching anyone.

And I will ask again, do you have any comments/pointers on the Me/Voted/Exilon conversation? Rather than saying useless filler like ‘You’re really not out to make friends here’, could you possibly contribute something to the discussion please?
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:40 pm

Post by Exilon »

In post 61, Froce wrote: Alas guess I been caught in the vote roulette. You're really not out to make friends here huh? Calling out everyone you can immediately. That sounds like a good maf plan if I say so.
You know what's a good maf plan? Avoiding the spotlight and letting others scumhunt for you.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:48 pm

Post by Exilon »

In post 65, Gimm1ck wrote: [...]

And I will ask again, do you have any comments/pointers on the Me/Voted/Exilon conversation? [...]
Didn't he answer that in 58? Do you want him to elaborate?
Froce wrote:Well if you want my thoughts I think it's good to put people under pressure, but only on moderation as you don't wanna linger on one or two and forget about the rest. I don't really expect your ambush on Voted to last but if it does that's where we may have a problem.

I agree it looks as if Voted contradicted himself regarding the true meaning of some of his posts and was pointed out by Exilon so that's something to take note of
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:05 am

Post by Gimm1ck »

I meant elaborate, give us some quotes to look at.
While he can say stuff like ‘Voted contradicted himself’ etc etc, I want him to elaborate on the ‘something to take note of’ part.
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:47 am

Post by Froce »

In post 65, Gimm1ck wrote:And I will ask again, do you have any comments/pointers on the Me/Voted/Exilon conversation? Rather than saying useless filler like ‘You’re really not out to make friends here’, could you possibly contribute something to the discussion please?
Whoa chill lol. I was only trying to mess with Ex.

I also don't know how to elaborate on what I've already said. I saw Voted making posts with vague meaning then retracting it and that's about it. I find it kinda odd you're so demanding of me as if I'm the one who started the allegations when I only said what I said in courtesy of responding to you wanting my thoughts. So it's like you were so taken aback by what I said you just couldn't wrap your head around it. I don't know what you thought I meant but I can tell you it's nothing major yet so don't get rustled.

and I'd say I'm pretty involved, seeing as I'm posting about every other post on here. I'm also trying to move the conversation forward. Nitpicking single lines out of multiple paragraphs could be your own way of scumhunting but I don't like it and don't find it very effective.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:45 am

Post by Voted »

In post 59, Exilon wrote:
In post 49, Voted wrote:
In post 27, Voted wrote:
I was actually talking about myself in 3rd person. I though it was more or less obvious.

In post 52, Voted wrote:You asked me for reads so I will post you samething. Nevertheless, its really soon to do same judgements and I am likely to change my mind. Only two people posted samething relevant to game.

Your read of Gimm1ck seems to imply you believe he's town because his reasoning is valid. Is my understanding correct? [...]
Yes. I can see you behaving like you are behaving as town and as scum. About Gimm - I can not see anything scummy about him. Yet.
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:46 am

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 70, Voted wrote:
In post 59, Exilon wrote:
In post 49, Voted wrote:
In post 27, Voted wrote:

Your read of Gimm1ck seems to imply you believe he's town because his reasoning is valid. Is my understanding correct? [...]
Yes. I can see you behaving like you are behaving as town and as scum. About Gimm - I can not see anything scummy about him. Yet.
Are you implying that any person who places somewhat valid reasoning for a lynch is town?

Furthermore, ‘I can see you behaving like you are behaving as town and as scum’ is a pointless statement. What is useful is having a lean on someone for one reason or another, over making useless statements like that.

I still support my semi-rvs pressure lynch on Voted at the moment.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Voted »

In post 71, Gimm1ck wrote: [...]
1) Are you implying that any person who places somewhat valid reasoning for a lynch is town?

2) Furthermore, ‘I can see you behaving like you are behaving as town and as scum’ is a pointless statement. What is useful is having a lean on someone for one reason or another, over making useless statements like that.

I still support my semi-rvs pressure lynch on Voted at the moment.
1) Yes. In scale of 1 to 20, where 1 is total scum behaviour, 20 is townlock, this behaviour is 12.
2) This behaviour is 10. I have already posted intention to push him.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Chrisonix has forgotten MafiaScum exists and is being replaced. If they read their role PM and respond to it before a replacement can be found, they can stay.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:11 pm

Post by Froce »

Had a feeling this was gonna happen. Anyway hasn't it been a while since you did a vote count Plot

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”