For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:43 am

Post by Skygazer »

why would i do something that would supposedly help out my strongest scumread?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:44 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1694, Wiisp wrote:dude, i don't have these same insane meta reads to play off as you do, maybe if I did, I would be less reluctant to make these statements
If you don't have meta then why are you acting like you know Ank is a bad player?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:47 am

Post by Wiisp »

@blake
I'll barn that read then, but I can't agree on putting shining dreamers, S_S, or Clever
our slots, me, RWBY, and clever should never be voted today, but Clever has done nothing to be a town read
you wanna fence-sit on me, go ahead, but I won't allow clever to be anything but a "won't lynch today"

@SS
because I'm evaluating what I see, and I can't agree on her abrasiveness on how she's putting the above people into her town list
Team RWBY
Team RWBY
Goon
Team RWBY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:52 am

Post by Team RWBY »

In post 1702, Wiisp wrote:@blake
I'll barn that read then, but I can't agree on putting shining dreamers, S_S, or Clever
our slots, me, RWBY, and clever should never be voted today, but Clever has done nothing to be a town read
you wanna fence-sit on me, go ahead, but I won't allow clever to be anything but a "won't lynch today"

@SS
because I'm evaluating what I see, and I can't agree on her abrasiveness on how she's putting the above people into her town list
I'm genuinely lost about... like everything about this

-Blake
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:54 am

Post by Wiisp »

In post 1703, Team RWBY wrote:
In post 1702, Wiisp wrote:@blake

@SS
I'm genuinely lost about... like everything about this

-Blake
what is there not to get? I think it's quite clear, if you wanna point as specific wordings, then you gotta point them out
Team RWBY
Team RWBY
Goon
Team RWBY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:56 am

Post by Team RWBY »

In post 1698, Papyrus wrote:I thought I was advocating for the essays just fine?

Why haven't you written one yet, Sky?
Did you like mine?

@Wiisp
Feels like you're trying to pick fights with people this last page or so, did you get anything out of people's reactions to you? Also what did you think of Brown Eyes' read on Neenie? Did that change anything for you?

~Ruby
Team RWBY
Team RWBY
Goon
Team RWBY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:58 am

Post by Team RWBY »

I legitimately can't parse what you're trying to say about my other reads, I think I need it rephrased

The SS response I'm just confused about because I don't understand what you're finding abrasive exactly

-Blake
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:02 am

Post by Wiisp »

@Ruby
1. I've liked pretty much all of the thoughts that came from your slot for a while now, I just don't agree with Blake, though I can see shes honestly solving like the rest of you
2. I'm not trying to pick fights, my old behavior of overreacting to posts comes and goes, but its never my attention to come off as an ass
3. Pap's reaction feels like genuine thoughts, though I can't really agree, with the chain lynching off of a town flip this early, it still feels like townie paranoia
4. I haven't looked at Brown Eyes' since I went off on him, but I will find that post in question and answer you when I get a chance, maybe now, maybe not? I gotta leave for work soon, we are striking our company :P
Reasonably Clever
Reasonably Clever
Goon
Reasonably Clever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:02 am

Post by Reasonably Clever »

In post 1706, Team RWBY wrote:I legitimately can't parse what you're trying to say about my other reads, I think I need it rephrased

The SS response I'm just confused about because I don't understand what you're finding abrasive exactly

-Blake
I do believe Wiisp is saying that they'll just trust you on the papyrus read, since it's based on your meta knowledge of their main, and the other slots they don't think should be voted today, BUT they don't believe that I, at least, have done anything town-indicative.

Which they'd be right about, since that's just about where I like to come in at on D1(though actually, I generally prefer to be a bit more abrasive/annoy someone so scum think they have a bit more of a shot at getting me lynched).

Also, this post is basically useless, but I have a toothache and can't generate independent thoughts right now. :(

-Cerb
Hydra of Cerberus v666 and Nancy Drew 39
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:04 am

Post by Wiisp »

@blake
maybe abrasive was the wrong word? I just don't understand where it comes from, and my only thoughts are that its a rushed read off posts that don't come off as townie, or a meta read, which I'm not about to /barn every meta read

Don't agree with the town reads on S-S, Shining, or Clever, but ill argue that Clever should never be lynched today, just from sheer content alone,
Team RWBY
Team RWBY
Goon
Team RWBY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:07 am

Post by Team RWBY »

Oh don't worry, my thought processes are a mystery to everyone

-Blake
Team RWBY
Team RWBY
Goon
Team RWBY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:29 am

Post by Team RWBY »

In post 1707, Wiisp wrote:@Ruby
4. I haven't looked at Brown Eyes' since I went off on him, but I will find that post in question and answer you when I get a chance, maybe now, maybe not? I gotta leave for work soon, we are striking our company :P
I was trying to find something to disagree with you about so I could make a "never knows best" joke but was worried I'd be starting something.

Good luck with the strike.

Brown Eyes is a her, but I'm not just interested in your thoughts there but about Neenie as well. You asked Brown for her reasons for townreading Neenie earlier and I'm curious about your followup thoughts to that whole thing.

~Ruby
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:49 am

Post by Shining Dreamers »

In post 1574, Team RWBY wrote:is that group of 5 ordered? not sure why nomnom is below
It is indeed.
nom's where they are because when you filter out their posting restriction, take a look at their contribution minus said restriction. I feel most people just went "oh posting restriction, moving on" without bothering to look further.
In post 1574, Team RWBY wrote:I was wondering if your Neenie read was developed at all. I was starting to feel pretty good about a scumread there but then Ruby mentioned something which made me second guess myself.
My read there's a reasonable scumread but I can see them as town. Don't think they are, but I can see it.
In post 1574, Team RWBY wrote:I guess you're still mostly focused on Sky and so you're not so focused on fully prioritized tier 3 scumreads?
Correct!
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:51 am

In post 1576, Team RWBY wrote:Thoughts on
Hot
?
I liked Hot's initial posting.
I hated their followthrough.
Then I learned it was a hydra of Baezu and mcqueen--which decreased my suspicion to zero. They're not a townread, but they're no longer a scumread. They're my nulltier.
Reasonably Clever
Reasonably Clever
Goon
Reasonably Clever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:52 am

Post by Reasonably Clever »

In post 1713, Shining Dreamers wrote:
In post 1576, Team RWBY wrote:Thoughts on
Hot
?
I liked Hot's initial posting.
I hated their followthrough.
Then I learned it was a hydra of Baezu and mcqueen--which decreased my suspicion to zero. They're not a townread, but they're no longer a scumread. They're my nulltier.
Hey.

I just realized something.

I'm actually a little troubled by your early auto-townread of me. It doesn't seem characteristic. What's going on there? Or is that a Nancy read more than a Cerb read?

-Cerb
Hydra of Cerberus v666 and Nancy Drew 39
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:57 am

In post 1577, Reasonably Clever wrote:Taly has posted heaps, so I don’t know how you can say that.
Because it's true. scumastina doesn't catter if Taly's posted a lot, he's an utter nonentity in terms of threat. He's not someone she's afraid of in any way. He's not someone she considers a threat; he's not someone she sees as worth a nightkill.

I also mentioned that I value his contribution--because I'm not scum, and my treatment of him
is
alignment-indicative in this case. Scumastina just shrugs him off not caring about him because to her he's a nonentity regardless of how much he's posting, but to me I rather appreciate his contribution here.
In post 1577, Reasonably Clever wrote:Btw, when will you’re other head be gracing us with her prescence?
Like I know?

Our pregame strategy was "I troll, you serious post". I said that I'd done my trolling so she could do her serious posting, but she hasn't. She was hesitant off of a concern of hers, and I gave her coaching; we kept this coaching back and forth for a while but I haven't heard back from her since the last time I coached her and she hasn't posted much in the way of seriousness in spite of me knowing she was reading. (I know she was reading because the display new posts thing showed that posts I hadn't read, were read.)

I WANT her posting more because I want to have my fun and troll more, I did ask her to, but only she knows whether she will or not.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

@Skygazer, are there reasons you're scum reading Papyrus beyond what you viewed as TMI in the post restriction thing?
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:58 am

In post 1578, Wiisp wrote:@shiningDreamer
#1570 will always be just wifom
I know something about wifom that you do not. :cop:
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:00 am

In post 1579, Team RWBY wrote:you're saying that you believe it's more likely that town correctly has the game close to locked down?
Nope, didn't say that!
I said that it's more likely that town has formed a cohesive unit--that doesn't speak to the accuracy of said unit.
The town players are all more or less saying the same thing. That's usually a sign of
in
accuracy, not accuracy--but what I
do
think, is trying to break the town cohesion in spite of the town cohesion likely not being right, would be a bad idea on D1.
Hot Lightning
Hot Lightning
Goon
Hot Lightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Hot Lightning »

In post 1594, Team RWBY wrote:S_S is probably my favorite player in the game atm

-Blake
Agreed!

-b
Hot Lightning
Hot Lightning
Goon
Hot Lightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Hot Lightning »

In post 1594, Team RWBY wrote:S_S is probably my favorite player in the game atm

-Blake
In post 1595, Reasonably Clever wrote:Hi all.

I've been busy with work and life and injuries and toothaches, and I've just been sorta active lurking as a result.

Can someone talk to me about something/someone that is *not* SS/HL/Sky? I feel like(with the exception of HL) we're sort of beating dead horses. Either people find the arguments compelling, or they do not, let's go find the other scum that exist as well/get people on the record about as many things as possible.

-Cerb
Agreed!

-b
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:06 am

In post 1580, Team RWBY wrote:if your conjecture that town is collectively reaching a consensus is true... then what is the most obvious thing for scum to do?
It is obviously to be a part of the consensus--the problem there, though, is that it's surface-level to assume that scum being part of the consensus were sheeping, were bandwagoning, said consensus. It is surface-level to assume that scum didn't partake in the initial formation
of
said consensus.

So just knowing scum were part of the consensus, doesn't in of itself help me because it doesn't point me to who they are, because I can't tell you where they are. I can guess. Earlyish > middleish > lateish, or maybe middleish > earlyish > lateish. Or maybe it's a mixture of both, where they're early in some spots and middle in others, with late being something they tend to avoid. But that's guesswork and something that I know if I go down the rabbit hole of--it'll have been a mistake to have done so.

That doesn't mean others going down that rabbit hole are making a mistake; I'm speaking about ME, PERSONALLY;
my
going down, I know would be a mistake. Because I know it'd do more harm than good if I did it.
Hot Lightning
Hot Lightning
Goon
Hot Lightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:09 am

Post by Hot Lightning »

In post 1615, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1611, Reasonably Clever wrote:Elaborate on the bolded?

-Cerb
I believe both members of that hydra are often lynchbait.
So true
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:10 am

Post by Dannflor »

Hey Baezu! While you're around could you answer my posts from a while ago?
In post 1121, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1112, Hot Lightning wrote:Damn is town- in regards to 453, McQueen and I are still trying to figure out our posting style so there is a bit of a learning curve...I haven’t been in a hydra in awhile, but we’re getting it together.
Why am I town?

Also posting style is not why that post is weird
In post 1112, Hot Lightning wrote:I’m tending to agree with 136 that one of RWBY or GoT is scum...this did not seem like TvT to me.
Why do you get explicitly not TvT vibes from that?
In post 1122, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1115, Hot Lightning wrote:Sky- town
This is popular scum read so I'd like you to elaborate on this one
Hot Lightning
Hot Lightning
Goon
Hot Lightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:16 am

Post by Hot Lightning »

-Cerb
In post 1623, Reasonably Clever wrote:

-Cerb
Do you believe that they'll stop being lynchbait later in the game, and/or obvtown/obvscum themselves? If so, at what point in the game do you expect decisive behaviors to be displayed by them? If not, why are they so much less likely to be scum than random that you'd defend them vehemently?

-Cerb
Speaking only for myself, I believe I’ve only made it to Lylo once, and I was town that game. In no game have I ever been seen as obvtown. I do believe as town I get better with more information- so towards day 3 and beyond.

-b

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”