Newbie 1925 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:30 am

Post by teacher »

In post 358, Schiavetto wrote:remember to address me at some point so we don't get accused of being partners~*~*~
eh youre strong lurking town. Not much to say to you. But I love the personality!
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:19 am

Post by TheASC »

Current thoughts:
ASC
-----
zeebu, Schia, teacher
-----
TTTT, JPD, Sasha
-----
Clarity, wilky

In post 372, Sashaddin wrote:@ ASC, Teacher, TTTT:
If you had to choose a lynch outside of me and Zebu, who would it be?
wilky. Neither him nor ZoL have posted much, and they posts they have made definitely don't help his cause.

In post 344, wilky wrote:Been a really long day for me, worked 6am - 5.30 pm then done a 400 mile drive afterwards. I've quickly skimmed the thread and will do a more in depth post tomorrow morning.

Zeebu and the asc are town.

Jpd is probably my biggest scum read atm but I'm not voting until the morning when I can get a better read and properly collect my thoughts.

Sasha has looked scummy in some posts I skimmed through but I think Sasha is mislymch bait in general.

UNVOTE:
  • Says he'll do a more in depth post tomorrow morning - hasn't yet. I guess it's still morning up to GMT-5, but that wouldn't fit with the "worked 6am - 5.30 pm then done a 400 mile drive afterwards."
  • TRs me for some reason. He's not wrong there but I'm not too sure what I've done that's more townie than the average player this game.
  • I'd like some reasoning behind Sasha being "mislymch bait"
In post 356, teacher wrote:
In post 343, TheASC wrote:since he subbed in.
Total aside - comments like this are why I’m ok lynching you even though I have you on the upside of null. They tell me you’re not really following the game. Zeebu is a “replacement” but was in the game from the start (See
Sorry, I'll try harder to keep up.

In post 367, TTTT wrote:365 is a townish response
Schiav answers in a way consistent with her prior statements
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to make a mistake in regards to Schia's gender... In my last game, the two people that were referred to by incorrect pronouns were scum. That's probably not statistically significant though, right? :P
No Setup:
Here are numerous abilities allowing you to deduce the numerous mafia members hidden among you and protect others.

TheASC:
hehe love <3
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:54 am

Post by JPD »

TTTT
, you still haven't answered my question about why you were scum reading Zest. Was it just due to inactivity? If so why did you push so hard to get others to vote him and surely there were other active players you were scumreading too?
In post 302, TTTT wrote:if you reverse image search zeebu's avi on Google it shows it's from some arts education site in Boston
Does it? I've reverse searched and I'm not getting the same results. Could you share your search url with me?
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:14 am

Post by JPD »

In post 337, TheASC wrote:Teacher, zeebu and JPD are my strongest trs currently.
In post 376, TheASC wrote:zeebu, Schia, teacher
-----
TTTT, JPD, Sasha
-----
Clarity, wilky
I find it interesting that you had me as one of your top TRs and now I'm null (with only 1 post inbetween and less than a full day) without you having asked me any questions or said anything about my posts. That's not entirely true actually, you have mentioned my posts but only to say you agree with them (post ).

Is it due to my inactivity over the last couple of days? Or is it Wilky calling me his top SR?

I can understand the Wilky thing kind of as your top SR calling me scum could be seen as distancing? idk. Just trying to call out inconsistencies.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:22 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 377, JPD wrote:Does it? I've reverse searched and I'm not getting the same results. Could you share your search url with me?
it did on my work laptop
now on my iPad I get no web results just "visually similar images"
from my search history this is the url: https://www.weteachcreativearts.org/
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:25 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 377, JPD wrote:TTTT, you still haven't answered my question about why you were scum reading Zest. Was it just due to inactivity? If so why did you push so hard to get others to vote him and surely there were other active players you were scumreading too?
from entrances alone zeebu and zest were the most scummy
I asked them both who was the scummiest player
and I liked zeebu's response better
Zest is mostly gut SR combined with the absence
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:26 am

Post by TTTT »

and at the time I was pushing for votes on zest
I wanted a wagon other than zeebu
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:29 am

Post by JPD »

In post 358, Schiavetto wrote:See, this is the sort of thing that could've been one post, easily, but spreading it out across multiple comments creates the illusion of activity
I went through Sashas ISO and saw something similar. I counted all his consecutive posts as an individual post and saw his post count reduced from 55 to 27 (51% reduction).
I did the same thing with my ISO and saw the same thing. I went from 30 posts to 20 (33% reduction).
I'm not inclined to see it as something alignment indicative since I've done the same thing and Sahsa's comments about his playstyle can account for his increased reduction.
I haven't done TTTT as I'm going out in 10 minutes and don't have time. Maybe I'll do him when I get back but I don't think anything useful will be revealed.

I do wonder if taking the word count of each post would be me useful. I doubt it, but I'll give it a go.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:29 am

Post by TTTT »

I'm voting Clarity
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:53 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 378, JPD wrote:
In post 337, TheASC wrote:Teacher, zeebu and JPD are my strongest trs currently.
-----
TTTT, JPD, Sasha
-----
Clarity, wilky
I find it interesting that you had me as one of your top TRs and now I'm null (with only 1 post inbetween and less than a full day) without you having asked me any questions or said anything about my posts. That's not entirely true actually, you have mentioned my posts but only to say you agree with them (post ).

Is it due to my inactivity over the last couple of days? Or is it Wilky calling me his top SR?

I can understand the Wilky thing kind of as your top SR calling me scum could be seen as distancing? idk. Just trying to call out inconsistencies.
Yeah, mainly the inactivity in addition to a general reread of the thread.
No Setup:
Here are numerous abilities allowing you to deduce the numerous mafia members hidden among you and protect others.

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:55 am

Post by TheASC »

Thought I voted in my big post a couple of hours ago.
I must have missed that. VOTE: wilky
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:56 am

Post by JPD »

To explain the activity, it's my birthday and I'm celebrating with my sister before she heads off to Malta for a year.
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:57 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 386, JPD wrote:To explain the activity, it's my birthday and I'm celebrating with my sister before she heads off to Malta for a year.
Have fun then :) It's mine next week.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:48 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 369, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 367, TTTT wrote:now look at 236 (just quoted above)
where Clarity is all over the place with this convoluted explanation
I began responding, then went and checked the iso. Apart from this one comment, Clarity seems pretty townie to me. I won't push this way for now.
In post 370, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 367, TTTT wrote:365 is a townish response
Schiav answers in a way consistent with her prior statements
I find and to be slightly off tone.
In post 371, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 357, teacher wrote:As for you, it would have been your reaction to the intent - how you played it.
I played the waiting game for a bit. If he had jumped off, I would have focused on him a lot. If he would have only protested I'd have engaged the slot more rationally. But nothing happened so I think I can go search elsewhere. I think a wolf would have been pressured to get off ASAP the wagon by his partner, scum can't expect to lose one player in the early days to win in Newbies.
I think it's wrong to count those as one single post for your analysis, they are not related one to another. I try to put a single idea per post, that"s why there are 4 of them.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:48 am

Post by Sashaddin »

This was for JPD ^
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:52 am

Post by JPD »

Also the time between posts. While some of yours err consecutive because they were only a minute apart others were hours apart but still consecutive due to inactivity in the thread.

As mentioned, I don't think these can be used in an AI way.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:54 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 390, JPD wrote:As mentioned, I don't think these can be used in an AI way.
I agree.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Sashaddin »

Zest, the invisible Noodle and Wilky seem to have trouble playing their slot. I was wary of Zest a bit earlier, but the few I read from Wilky makes me think he's town.
JPD looks like a standard townie. I was SRing him at the beginning, he's a town to me now.
ASC is now mysterious but probable town
Teacher is probably town.
TTTT is probably town.
I'm town.

Substracting 6 players leaves

Schiavetto
Zeebu
ClearlyClarity.

I'd lynch anyone in those three right now.
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:09 pm

Post by ClearlyClarity »

Checking in now. Give me a few.
Call me whatever you want...
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:54 pm

Post by TheASC »

In post 344, wilky wrote:Been a really long day for me, worked 6am - 5.30 pm then done a 400 mile drive afterwards. I've quickly skimmed the thread and will do a more in depth post tomorrow morning.]
In post 393, ClearlyClarity wrote:Checking in now. Give me a few.
Looks like it's not me promising posts later and not following through. Although I guess Clarity could've been asking for a few hours or days... Let's lynch one of those two today, I don't mind which.
No Setup:

TheASC:
hehe love <3
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:31 am

Post by teacher »

^
I’ll even join the list. I wanted to write last night but instead passed out. I’ll try again this afternoon.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:03 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 394, TheASC wrote:Let's lynch one of those two today, I don't mind which.
I'll give a last chance to wilky.
VOTE: ClearlyClarity
Schiavetto
Schiavetto
Goon
Schiavetto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:14 am

Post by Schiavetto »

@TheASC[x] NGL, it doesn't sit too well w/ me that of the two SRs you named (citing inactivity for both slots), you spend more time pushing the one that we've got demonstrably less evidence to go on for.

@JPD I'm glad you're catching it, too. Like you & Sash have both noted, it's definitely not a hard&fast metric, but it's nice to keep in mind when contextualized by other details abt a player

As I went to post this, Sash came through w/ their Clarity lynch. Hard to read too much into that decision as I imagine a lot of it was defensive (unless I've missed something since the last votecount, Sash & CeCe are the largest wagons rn), but I'll say I definitely echo the sentiment that Clarity should go out before wilky. We have other ways of dealing with AFK slots.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:44 am

Post by teacher »

Just working my way back through, but
Can we get a Zeebu prod whenever you are around
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:00 am

Post by teacher »

In post 384, TheASC wrote:
In post 378, JPD wrote:
-----
TTTT, JPD, Sasha
-----
Clarity, wilky

Yeah, mainly the inactivity in addition to a general reread of the thread.
Can you also speak on what jumped Schia up for you? Was it the vote on you :P

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”