Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:40 am

Post by TheWizard »

In post 125, Eyes without a face wrote:
In post 115, TheWizard wrote:VOTE: Shoshin

Put him at L-1 to see what he does.
VOTE: TheWIzard

RC's vote switch is just 3 posts above. This looks like a posturing vote to me.
VOTE: Eyes without a face
In post 132, Baezu wrote:

This didn’t put shoshin at L-1 because RC unvoted
I was saying we need to put him at L-1 to see how he reacts. I knew that my vote didn't put him at L-1. If it had, I wouldn't have mentioned it.
In post 145, RadiantCowbells wrote:Hey TheWizard what's your read on EWAF?
Scum
In post 190, RadiantCowbells wrote:can you or coa explain that read because i'm not seeing it at all. wizard is an alt, not a newbie.
New here. Experienced off-site.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:26 am

Post by mcqueen »

Celica replaces Miss Kobayashi Maru.

Votecount 1.2
Creature (3)
- Shoshin, Emperor flippyNips, Skellen
Shoshin (2)
- CultOfAthena, Baezu
Celica (1)
- Eyes without a face
Emperor flippyNips (1)
- Egix96
Egix96 (1)
- RadiantCowbells
Eyes without a face (1)
- TheWizard

Not Voting (4) - Creature, Dr Worm, Celica, Pretentious

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

The deadline is on Sunday, April 21, 2019 at 7:15 pm EST, which is in (expired on 2019-04-21 18:15:00).

Dr Worm never picked up his Role PM, therefore it is my intention to replace him. However, it has only been 3 real-life days and I never prodded him. He has been sent one, but only has until tomorrow to respond to it or post before I start searching for a replacement. Also, this line "If you do not pick up your Role PM and do not post within 48 hours of the game's start, you will be replaced." has been added to my rule-set for any future incidents of the type.
Last edited by mcqueen on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:46 am

Post by Baezu »

I will be on and off today- it’s a day with family...will do a catch up post tomorrow
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:30 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

oh yeah shoshin didn't do anything and it's not l-1 anymore so

VOTE: Shoshin
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Why's Emperor town, RC?
Celica
Celica
Goon
Celica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:36 pm

Post by Celica »

In post 5, Pretentious wrote:If I could just...uhm, interject for one moment. I think we should start this game by talking potential strategy for this. I looked over and went over the setup thinking of possible scenarios for it after I got my role PM.

I believe the best strategy here is for one of the doctors to claim, and then the cop claim. From there the claimed doctor can just play a Follow-The-Cop game, and scum are forced to kill one of the doctors. After that, the Cop is already claimed, and the last remaining doctor can spam protect the cop until scum figure out who the other doctor is.

This makes it so the cop will, at the very least, get 2 investigative results, and that’s only if the second doctor is found by Night 2. On top of this, this essentially makes it so if scum decide to fake claim Doctor, they will be caught out by the second doctor eventually anyways, and the cop can just continue investigating elsewhere.
In post 6, Pretentious wrote:Oh, nevermind. Cop becomes Macho after the first doctor dies.

@Scum Team - I know that I probably made it seem like I am a doctor with that post, but I am not a doctor. Don’t shoot me.
In post 8, Pretentious wrote:
In post 6, Pretentious wrote:Oh, nevermind. Cop becomes Macho after the first doctor dies.

@Scum Team - I know that I probably made it seem like I am a doctor with that post, but I am not a doctor. Don’t shoot me.
Okay, so I know this actually make sense it seem like I AM actually a doctor, and that I was going for that kind of WIFOM, so I’m just gonna claim. I am a doctor.
Hm, I really like this series of posts. I could be over thinking or maybe I'm just looking into this too much but a lot of things are going on here. I think Pretentious knew the set up before he made that post and his whole reaction up to the next 2 posts were 100% planned. It's not like if he's a fake doctor he's gonna get cc'd because it's wifom and if he really is a doctor scum might not even know it with all this. It's a group of posting to me that feels super planned in advance. It's just a question do you think it's town or scum and I honestly think it's quite townie.
In post 20, Shoshin wrote:Baezu feels townish, though. That's something to discuss!
If my guess is correct I strongly disagree with this statement. I just need to see if what happens does happen. I could be misreading tone here, but let's wait and see.
In post 39, CultOfAthena wrote:1. It's page 2. I have nothing I'd like to say right now.
2. I'm going to play exactly at my own pace—that doesn't mean that I
intend
to do little—and if you have a problem with that you're going to need to find a way to cope with it. .

You will never lynch me this game.
I don't know how I feel about this post. I've townread it and scumread it in the matter of a minute. On one hand it's super defensive. Because RC's post was pretty mild, not even in an accustory manner so it makes me question this. On the other hand the confidence that comes from this post (mostly the last line) feels genuine like the whole post itself feels like Athena believes what they're saying. Perhaps it's best I read into other stuff that's not this, but I'd like to bring it to attention for other people to talk about so I can hop off this fence.
In post 41, CultOfAthena wrote:Just how I talk. I don't intend to come off as all that aggressive.

At the same time, I don't appreciate some demand for me to do a song and dance. You should know this.
Oh, I should've read the next post because this kinda makes me feel like Athena then if we take the perious post into consideration.
In post 49, Skellen wrote:VOTE: Pretentious

Not really caring if his proposal makes sense, it just feels not genuine/staged. On one hand he thought about it after he got his role PM and suggests it here later, on the other hand he realizes just 1-2 minutes later after posting his fault with the Macho Cop mechanic. I don't buy that. Also I just hate WIFOM right at the beginning.
This to me feels like a scummy pop in and vote. It refuses to acknowledge the key thing Pretentious did and points out stuff that could be considered scummy. They talk about wifom and how it could be staged. But not about how those posts shot the game right out of RVS and gave us something to debate and talk about. The whole post just feels manipulative to make something look more scummy then it really is to me
VOTE: Skellen
Celica
Celica
Goon
Celica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by Celica »

In post 56, Eyes without a face wrote:Also, why are we helping scum with these early claims?
I don't think we're helping scum all. Scum might be also claiming doctor but the illusion I get is people claiming doctor willy nilly just logically will confuse them because given the fact we have 2 doctors 'claiming' doesn't really do much. Hell you could even have everyone claim doctor and name who they're protecting (not that I recommend that.) But I don't rly think the claims so far have been anti-town. What's got you thinking that?
In post 63, Shoshin wrote:
In post 62, Pretentious wrote:Why RC? I thought he came off pretty townie.
You're not concerned he wants to lynch you?
mmmmm don't like this post. It implies that people should be scumreading people that are wanting to lynch them. At least that's what I got from this. Because Shoshin scumreads RC here and when pretentious asks this is the answer? Blah. You know the one good thing about replacing in is I can read a bit and see if my guess is correct because I don't have to ask this question to figure it out. I can just simply read the conversation and see if I hit a bullseye or was mistaken.
In post 65, Baezu wrote:
In post 15, RadiantCowbells wrote:Hi Baezu!

What are your thoughts on Pretentious?
In post 20, Shoshin wrote:I don't care for WIFOM or discussing it.

Baezu feels townish, though. That's something to discuss!
Oh wow! I’ve never heard this before so soon in a game...I had to go recheck my role PM, haha

Yes please let’s discuss this!
Why would you want this talked about? I'm mostly just curious because for me I don't care for townreads on me. Scumreads are more interesting though. I feel like people talking about your own slot being towny isn't really helpful for the slot in question. Maybe others get things from it that I don't?
In post 66, Baezu wrote:VOTE: thewiz

Can people please stop claiming?!
Why the vote? What about wiz claiming doctor made you feel the need to vote them?
In post 73, Baezu wrote:I don’t think the claims are real, at least I don’t think his claim is real
Guess this answers that. Why is that an issue.
In post 82, Shoshin wrote:I feel very uncomfortable with how close I am to L-1.
Is it bad I like this post? It feels kinda honest. It probably is but I do like it.
Celica
Celica
Goon
Celica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Post by Celica »

I assume RC and Shoshin have history here
In post 87, Shoshin wrote:It's odd that you can't tell I'm town, RC. What's up with that?
Townyish post. Does Shoshin who is under heat go after someone who (at least she's implying) can read her well?
In post 88, RadiantCowbells wrote:UNVOTE:

I was under the impression that you were just fed up and scumclaiming.
It's odd that you can't tell I'm town, RC. What's up with that?
Oh fuck yourself

VOTE: shoshin
Why the revote? Do you think scum Shoshin takes this angle with you? I'm inclined to say no. But you seem to know her more then me.
In post 95, Shoshin wrote:I don't know what to say. It feels bad to be at L-2 while having no clue who the scum are & I'd appreciate your help figuring out who I should be pushing?
I really like this post though. Like I can understand this mindset of being pushed early and wanting to figure stuff out. I feel like if scum were in this spot Shoshin would be defending herself more maybe pointing a few fingers, but it feels like the main focus is still to solve.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:53 pm

Shoshin believes that I have a history of systematically misreading her, the idea of her coming in and saying "It's odd that you can't tell I'm town, what's up with that" is very strange.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Celica
Celica
Goon
Celica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:03 pm

Post by Celica »

Do you not think what Shoshin has done already is clear enough on 'what they're doing?' This feels kinda weak for a reason to vote if any.
In post 118, Egix96 wrote:
In post 75, Pretentious wrote:
In post 74, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 73, Baezu wrote:I don’t think the claims are real, at least I don’t think his claim is real

Why do you believe pret over wiz?
Because I claimed everything, not one role.
What's the name of that rule that says "don't answer other people's questions for them"? _____'s Rule or something?
I am biased to liking this post mostly because I have mostly the exact same mindset. I'm a bit of a hypocrite it time and break it but yeah, for the most part, I like this.
In post 125, Eyes without a face wrote:

VOTE: TheWIzard

RC's vote switch is just 3 posts above. This looks like a posturing vote to me.
Mindmeld!
In post 124, Emperor flippyNips wrote:Fine I’ll come back for pret

VOTE: Creature
Was your pret scumread not that strong? Or why are you voting Creature here. It feels kinda random coming from you

In post 135, Skellen wrote:Ugh, this feels so stuck. Guess I can live with Creature considering there was only fluff from him.

Don't like this other, but then again I find all the creature votes a bit weird. Like yeah, Creatures posting is mostly fluff but I don't think that means he should be a wagon right now until we get real content from them. So why vote them.
In post 137, Egix96 wrote:
In post 122, Emperor flippyNips wrote:Its so you know I’m on to you
In post 124, Emperor flippyNips wrote:Fine I’ll come back for pret

These kinda rub me the wrong way, I can't really say I get good feels from the attitude displayed here. I wanna see where this goes.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Flippynips
Another mindmeld! This is why replacing in is fun.
In post 171, Creature wrote:I'm afraid Egix96 got scum this game :(
In post 173, Creature wrote:Eyes looks bad too
Why's that? I townread both of them right now
Celica
Celica
Goon
Celica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:06 pm

Post by Celica »

Eyes without a face
Egix96
CultOfAthena
Shoshin
Pretentious

Are all towny to me after catching up. I think I like votes on Skellen and Emperor flippyNips the most at the moment!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:07 pm

In post 210, Celica wrote:'what they're doing?'
nothing?
Celica
Celica
Goon
Celica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by Celica »

In post 212, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 210, Celica wrote:'what they're doing?'
nothing?
Even if you think what Shoshin has done is 'nothing.' I feel like she's already got pressured enough at least at that point and time that where putting her to L-1 wouldn't really make a difference. So if the logic behind the vote is to see what she'll do I don't get it because I feel like we've already seen it. So that just makes me think the vote was put for the sake of it.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Shoshin is a power player as town. She would be doing a lot more than this if she were town.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:16 pm

emperor's tonally town and 185 is a townpost. not literally locktown but good enough for a 9 page game?
TheWizard
TheWizard
Goon
TheWizard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:49 pm

Post by TheWizard »

In post 210, Celica wrote:Do you not think what Shoshin has done already is clear enough on 'what they're doing?' This feels kinda weak for a reason to vote if any.
Obviously what I was doing went over your head. That's okay.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 153, Creature wrote:
In post 39, CultOfAthena wrote:You will never lynch me this game.
Yey NSG is town
I dunno, that kind of statement would normally read scummy to me. Is NorthSideofAthena known for being hard to lynch as town?
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:05 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 160, Creature wrote:Brazil probtown
:?

Oh you mean Baezu. Yeah I agree.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:12 pm

Post by Eyes without a face »

In post 130, Pretentious wrote:Do you wanna go to a party with me, Eyes? You seem real fun.
Thanks for the compliment, but I don't get the invitation.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:14 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 182, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 180, Creature wrote:
In post 179, RadiantCowbells wrote:so you're going to be my backup carry for this game
Don't you say my reads are shit though?
no comment.
Feels like a pocketing attempt gone wrong
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:20 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 192, Creature wrote:even if he's an alt, I don't think he's that experienced to make that clever play.
Tbf you only need to read the previous HPO game to see where he could have got the idea from.
I don't think it's a particularly difficult derp to fake anyway.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:21 pm

In post 221, Egix96 wrote:
In post 192, Creature wrote:even if he's an alt, I don't think he's that experienced to make that clever play.
Tbf you only need to read the previous HPO game to see where he could have got the idea from.
I don't think it's a particularly difficult derp to fake anyway.
what are you referring to?
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:23 pm

In post 158, Creature wrote:
In post 56, Eyes without a face wrote:Also also hello again Creature & RC. Are you 2 scum together again?
You know the answer.
The only way I'd know is if I was scum. Are you scum reading me?
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:24 pm

In post 160, Creature wrote:Brazil probtown
God damn it. Use the players' names. I don't know who Brazil is.

Return to “Completed Open Games”