Micro 865 Discussion Thread.

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:37 am

Post by Korina »

ego
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:39 am

Post by Korina »

I'm also gonna try to comment on this game, however, I'm really tempted to just troll the fuck out of it in this thread.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:42 am

Post by Korina »

It's an interesting concept regardless, and I kinda don't wanna ruin it.
but at the same time, I kinda feel like someone else will.

In post 10, podoboq wrote:
In post 9, Buki wrote:@mod can we discuss about commentaries posted in the MD or we can't talk about the MD thread?
Second this question, and I'd go further.

@mod, can we quote posts made in the Discussion Thread? Can they quote posts made here?
I'm also quoting this post because I can.
Expect me to post actual, totally 100% legit thoughts on the game as a neutral, totally unbiased, third-party player who wants nothing more than to help the town in a couple of minutes!
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Korina »

Spoiler: those 100% legit thoughts on the game as a neutral, totally unbiased third-party player who wants nothing more than to help the town!
What? You expected me to be sarcastic about these thoughts? I'm actually gonna try to help town somewhat. However, helping scum would be cool. I'm honestly kinda undecided on who I'm helping rn, but I'm sure you guys will figure out exactly who I'm helping in time...

I hope.
In post 3, podoboq wrote:I’m sheeping Dannflor and RC

VOTE: TheBrie
Interesting vote. I'm kinda wondering why those two players exactly though.
In post 4, Buki wrote:Hm

there's some new faces here

VOTE: Umlaut
This feels weird to me. Like, does that really matter that much to you?
In post 6, podoboq wrote:
In post 4, Buki wrote:there's some new faces here
The only players I have any experience with in here are TemporalLich, Umlaut, and TheBrie.
What does this mean for the people in the game/us in the discussion thread?
In post 8, Buki wrote:
The only players I have any experience with in here are TemporalLich, Umlaut, and TheBrie.
I'm actually Nibbui/Yuurei/Fumuki so I think you've experience with me as well

I don't think I've ever seen some of the players here playing anywhere though
This matters how?
In post 9, Buki wrote:@mod can we discuss about commentaries posted in the MD or we can't talk about the MD thread?
This post feels townie.
In post 10, podoboq wrote:
Second this question, and I'd go further.

@mod, can we quote posts made in the Discussion Thread? Can they quote posts made here?
This too.
In post 14, DrDolittle wrote:
Potential Rule Addition (that probably helps scum but should still make it fun)
Non-players can be requested to be added to the scum thread. These players are publicly announced in MD and here. Once added, these players may only post in the scum thread. They are no longer allowed to talk in MD, and may not replace in the game anymore. Recall any players outside of the game are still alignment neutral.

An upper bound on these non-players may be placed.
Please vote whether you approve of this rule addition via PM to me within 48 hours. This requires a 7/9 acceptance to be approved. (2/3 quorum for town-aligned players)
Honestly, I like this rule, the only problem I have with it is that it's kinda obvious if a person who has/will be actively posting in here decides to do that if it's enacted. Which, ig it does add the extra layer of 4D chess into it when you're thinking about "oh, have they been trying to help scum the entire time?" and whatnot, but it just is kinda there as a problem.
In post 15, Ausuka wrote:
In post 3, podoboq wrote:I’m sheeping Dannflor and RC

VOTE: TheBrie
Not taking responsibility for vote, scum.
In post 5, TemporalLich wrote:If by land this post exists, we're still in the random stage.

VOTE: YyottaCat
Too confusing to be scum. Scum like not to stand out.
Scummy, talks for the sake of talking to look active. This doesn't advance the town wincon.
In post 8, Buki wrote:
I'm actually Nibbui/Yuurei/Fumuki so I think you've experience with me as well

I don't think I've ever seen some of the players here playing anywhere though
Towny because scum don't interact so closely on page 1. Scum like to minimize interactions, because the more they interact, the more evidence can be used against them later.
In post 12, NotMySpamAccount wrote:VOTE: TL even when you're town, you're scum
Aggressive, doesn't try to appear towny. Town.
In post 13, Clemency wrote:howdy cowboys and cowgirls
Doesn't even place a vote, totally unconcerned with appearances.

Podoboq is scum. The partner is Umlaut, Yyotta or Brie. I can't believe I just solved the game on page 1, I'm so good at mafia.
Honestly, I'm kinda getting vibes back to Ausuka from open 738, however, I honestly don't remember that game too well, nor did I really play in it due to IRL circumstances. I'm not sure if it's anything of note however, just kinda throwing it out there.
In post 16, Buki wrote:Hm

I like Ausuka's sarcasm trying to get us out of RVS

now that there's a forced try hard post, all we need to leave RVS is to someone self-vote

Yyotta, you're up
Why yyotta specifically?
In post 17, TheBrie wrote:
Long ago experience. Unless you have an alt I don't know about. But it was one of my best games.

Clemency only said Howdy.
VOTE: Clemency

Off to work now. Much work.
What's your job?
In post 19, TemporalLich wrote:That doesn't explain why you claim to have experience with me though, podoboq.
Why would they lie about that? What do they gain from it?
In post 20, podoboq wrote:
In post 19, TemporalLich wrote:That doesn't explain why you claim to have experience with me though, podoboq.
i consider modding for people experience. Hell, modding has the bonus that I get to understand your perspective better as the game goes on since I’m completely spoiled.

I digress though. Point was that I haven’t interacted with a good number of the players in this game
I honestly agree with counting modding for people as experience. I've had a few games where me modding games for them has really influenced my reads on them. I wouldn't discount any reads that come from it.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #25 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:56 am

Post by Korina »

Also, preliminary thoughts on the scumteam before page 2:
Spoiler:
Ausuka and Brie

I also don't wanna know if this is right or not, (I really don't want access to the scum pt, I'd have to actually try to be helpful then), when I can do it in here for everyone to see!
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:56 am

Post by Korina »

Also pageget
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #27 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 21, TemporalLich wrote:Alright that makes sense I guess.

Shotgun Readlist (don't trust this as we're still in the random stage)

Townlean
: Buki (town leader-esque in )
NAIlean
: Clemency ( isn't even a RVS vote), podoboq (was mainly SRed for which is unfair)
Scumlean
: Ausuka ( is forced AF), TheBrie ( isn't that scummy which makes look scummy)

The rest are neutral of course.
Honestly, I agree with this readlist atm.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #29 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 23, Buki wrote:
In post 21, TemporalLich wrote:
Scumlean
: TheBrie ( isn't that scummy which makes look scummy)
I know it's a RVS list but like, do you think that Brie voting Clemency for not having voted on anyone in their post is actually something negative?

I feel like it can go really either way, and if it's to think of the negative side, a better argument would be that she could be trying to look townie with an attempt to get out of RVS
--------------------

By the way I've been thinking. This game has a pretty interesting but confusing concept.

You may think it would be better for us to be able to consult more people to base our reads on, however as people disagree there in the MD thread, you end up thinking:

"But who of they is the best in reading X player?"

"But should I consider their read more important than mine just because looking in the past, they have read X better than me?"

And in the end...I think I'll not rely in the MD thread as much as I thought I would, except for cases where X person has a creative and fresh perspective about something or X person can read X player very well. In that case I might entertain it a bit.

Anyway, I recommend everyone to do more or less the same. It's not ignoring the MD but yeah, it can get confusing if we begin considering every little thing that happens there.
My biggest thing is that I'm kinda gonna ignore everyone else in the thread, unless someone posts something I really find of note. Otherwise, I'm gonna avoid just talking to others.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #31 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 24, Buki wrote:
In post 29, Korina wrote: My biggest thing is that I'm kinda gonna ignore everyone else in the thread, unless someone posts something I really find of note. Otherwise, I'm gonna avoid just talking to others.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Actually screw what I just said

After Korina made the above post quoting me, I'm finding fun the fact that you can pseudo talk with non-players

I'm not sure how much balanced that is, but it's fun
I agree, it's honestly really fun to be able to pseduo-talk with people in the game. It's probably not really that balanced over all, however, I feel like if you get enough people in here, it'll ultimately balance itself out. There will be some people who'll act purely as a pro-town player, some who'll act as a mixed bag, and some who'll act as a pro-scum player. I feel like the game will create a second game of mafia in here without roles as people kinda debate what side everyone is trying to help.

My other thing is that I'm waiting on seeing if DDL says that players can join the scum PT and forsake the ability to post in here. If that becomes a thing, then I'd assume that it's probably a bit safer to trust stuff coming in here as being from people looking at the game from a pro-town pov. I feel like most of the people who'd want to help the scum would join the scum PT and then they wouldn't be posting in here.

However, if that becomes a thing, then it's probably more worthwhile to go with what you said unless someone proves to be totally on town's side. If that's the case, and someone does, then I'd say it's worth taking their POV into account on certain things as well, but not letting it become everything you focus on. I also agree with the point of using people who bring an interesting perspective to the table, but I'd urge caution that it could be someone trying to help scum.

That's all I gotta say on the matter unless someone wants to post more about it.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #32 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Korina »

I also agree with your point on the MD in general Buki, however, I'd say once again, players who prove to be trying to help town in general, should have perspectives taken into account. Otherwise, basically ignoring the MD is really a good idea IMO.

I personally would take a look to see what people are thinking about the game and see where that goes every once in a while unless there's players who can honestly be a really great addition for town.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #48 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:03 am

Post by Korina »

In post 27, YyottaCat wrote:Because that loks like an excuse(#25)……………VOTE: Clemency
???
This vote doesn't make sense to me. I could see it being RVS, but... even then... like... wtf?
In post 29, Clemency wrote:hey discussion thread
you smell lol
I actually do lol. I need to take a shower.
In post 30, YyottaCat wrote:
In post 28, Clemency wrote:an excuse for what lol
Guess.
This feels scummy af to me, and I don't like it!
In post 34, TheBrie wrote:It's funny to see the wildly different reads in the discussion thread. They're probably unbiased, but also not subject to in game pressure, so they don't have to temper anything or be serious.
Compare Mastina and Korina.
What about us?
In post 38, podoboq wrote:
In post 24, Korina wrote:
What does this mean for the people in the game/us in the discussion thread?
Meta. It informs how I read certain people. I see people rely on metagame a lot of the time here, and it's just something I don't do, because I don't play enough with people to have the ability to do it. I like to clarify that at the start, because it has a tendency to make me an odd one out.
Ah, that's fair then.
In post 41, Ausuka wrote:
In post 27, YyottaCat wrote:Because that loks like an excuse(#25)……………VOTE: Clemency
This looks so transparently scummy that I think it's probably town.
Why?
In post 48, Buki wrote:It's not really no reason but yeah, kind of a slippery rope.

VOTE: NMSA

I think this is the true most scum equity slot right now, he came to the thread and even with all this early discussion he simply goes off to make a fluff post
Honestly agreeing on this.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #96 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:13 pm

Post by Korina »

I haven't posted anything recently. I'll post thoughts though.
So, I'll need to do a re-read later, but, the TL lynch and Podo kill feel really weird to me.

Quickly glancing through TL's ISO, he appears to be townie to me, and then Podo biting bullet just... what?
His ISO doesn't feel that townie to the point I'd wanna outright NK him and it feels more like it'd be easier to just mislynch him at a later point.

I have two conflicting thoughts on it:
On one hand, scum is just dumb and decided that they wanted to shoot someone who could easily be ML'd later OR (tinfoil) the scum are so confident in their abilities, that they decided to shoot Podo, meaning that Fumuki (or someone else generally very TR'd) is actually scum.

I honestly need to do a deeper re-read later, but just some thoughts since I haven't posted anything recently.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B