Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:22 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Scum strategy in basically every game that I have played this year has been to get me paranoia mislynched

Varsoon game scum hoped I'd get lynched after D1 got nked because I wasn't scumread

Merchants Daughter scum won b/c Ankamius panic scumread me and fucked up the pairing that would have won the game

2058 scum were trying to set me up even after I powerlynched scum etc obviously I replaced out but

2057 several people were advocating lynching me before LyLo after double scum lynch

Both BoP games scum intended to frame me. Worked once failed once.

Even in the newbie FL power scumread me

I'm not letting this agenda be pushed. I can shut it down and I am going to shut it down
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I'm waiting for an answer to my questions, RC.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Repeat them
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
TheWizard
TheWizard
Goon
TheWizard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by TheWizard »

In which RC preemptively omguses everyone everywhere.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Are you scumreading me? Have you kept up with JM's games?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:26 pm

Oh and here's my question

How did you go from "rc is so easy to read" to "bop him on the lynches he leads?"
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:28 pm

I have no idea how to read your lack of engagement and my operating principle in this game is that I would probably townread you despite the inactivity if you were town. I am following all your games.

I would ordinarily not be voting you, not because I don't think that you have scum equity but because it's not worth going after you D1
Buki
Buki
Goon
Buki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by Buki »

Then it's like...

Shoshin/Baezu/RC/Celica thinking my slot is scum huh?

I know it sounds like WIFOM, but it's not. I don't use WIFOM to make me look lamist. I'm just really tired of this game and even though now it's better, as soon as your slot is dead NSG, this is going to turn into hell again.

NSG, if you think that Shoshin has some probability of being town here, I would be up to trade lynches with her, and the cop checks her tomorrow instead.

I think RC/NSG/Shoshin is a team that could work way better, and even individually Shoshin is way better town player than me.

(and also, I'm probably never getting nightkilled then I would have to endure suffering until getting lynched or getting to LyLo otherwise).

At least that way RC stop acting all erractic as well.

Then if after you discuss with Shoshin, you think she might be town after all, I really would be up to trade places. It's up to your judgement NSG, and RC please don't spam post after I post this.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I never said you're easy to read or to BoP your lynches, RC. Saying that it matters who you push doesn't mean you can't be wrong about their alignment as town.
Buki
Buki
Goon
Buki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by Buki »

Done.

I wrote the bad post.
Buki
Buki
Goon
Buki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by Buki »

In post 855, RadiantCowbells wrote:Oh and here's my question

How did you go from "rc is so easy to read" to "bop him on the lynches he leads?"
then she did have that kind of different opinion huh

yeah, she might just be scum
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 856, RadiantCowbells wrote:I have no idea how to read your lack of engagement and my operating principle in this game is that I would probably townread you despite the inactivity if you were town. I am following all your games.

I would ordinarily not be voting you, not because I don't think that you have scum equity but because it's not worth going after you D1
If you follow all my games, as you seem to do, then you know 100% that periods of inactivity isn't scummy for me.

If you're not scumreading me, why'd you ask me to claim & threaten to vote me?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Buki, why are you townreading NSG?
Buki
Buki
Goon
Buki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by Buki »

In post 862, Shoshin wrote:Buki, why are you townreading NSG?
I feel like she is not stiff when interacting with us

it's kind of a lazy read but tbh I wouldn't lynch her before LyLo
in this particular game
even if she had a 99% probability of being scum.

The game atmosphere without NSG here is pretty much scream over scream.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I'm not screaming at anyone but you want to lynch me before LYLO?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:37 pm

I've been begging you to give me something all game and I haven't gotten it. The threat remains, if you show me that you're town it goes away.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Spoiler: response to shoshin
In post 827, Shoshin wrote:
In post 814, northsidegal wrote: i'm voting you because you feel off this game. you feel like a caricature of yourself as town.
I understand why you're saying this. The truth is I was caricaturing myself a little bit earlier in the game (e.g. the self-vote comment) for the giggles.
like, the is a classic shoshin line but in this case it didn't really feel warranted.
I use this line to build wagons at the start of games & that's what I was doing with Creature. What makes you feel it wasn't warranted?

perhaps saying it wasn't "warranted" was a poor choice of words, although i still think there's an element of it there. i think my central point there was that it felt more like something you'd do as an imitation of your towngame than something that's actually natural. like, when you say "more votes" and vote someone, i expect it to actually be because you have something, no matter how minor, that you think is worth going off of. the random creature wagon to me seemed more just like an opportunity to pretend to be going for early wagons and gaining information than actually doing that.

did you learn anything from the creature wagon? was anything gained?

i think all of these posts are weird:
In post 272, Shoshin wrote:Hey RC, if you assume I'm town, who are the scum?
In post 282, Shoshin wrote:
In post 272, Shoshin wrote:Hey RC, if you assume I'm town, who are the scum?
I need your help please.
In post 341, Shoshin wrote:CoA always feels so absent in my games. Is she scum, RC?
I don't like that you're calling these posts "weird," your analysis usually dives a bit deeper than that. You might disagree with this but I think calling stuff "weird and therefore scummy" is a minor scum tell.

I don't see the problem with the posts. In 272 & 282, I was feeling overwhelmed by my games & was hoping I could sheep RC's scumreads without having to give this game more time/effort, and I asked RC to assume I was town to increase the accuracy of his scumreads for my sake. What's "weird" about this?

What's the problem with 341?

a better descriptor might be "unnatural" (and i've been calling things weird since my second game on site, where it was a subject of a lot of discussion)

why bother asking RC who's scum instead of just sheeping him on his vote? and if you had read enough to see the context of his vote on eyes and figured that it wasn't really a true vote on a scumread, it seems to me like that would be enough reading to do something other than just ask RC that.

as a whole i think my problem and what i'm attempting to get across here is that while i feel that normally when looking at your play there's either some internal thought process that i can see clear evidence of or there's classic shoshin town traits (direct questioning, hard defending townreads, etc.), i haven't seen that from your play this game so far.

341 i suppose i expect you to have your own thoughts on CoA and the question feels somewhat redundant. if RC were scumreading CoA i would expect him to make it clear – i guess i just don't think you asked a very good question. if you had your own doubts about CoA's alignment, i might expect you to raise some of those doubts. if you outright disagreed, i might expect a "why is CoA town, RC?"

i also don't follow your buki scumread or really believe that you yourself believe it. i get that this is kind of a 1v1 thing that i'm saying right now when it comes to who's right and who isn't, but i believe in your abilities as town to a great degree. seeing you scumread buki doesn't place any confidence in me that you're town.
It's not a 1v1, I don't do 1v1s unless it's a forced 1v1 at LYLO.

I'm scumreading Buki because he's making up crap about my meta to get me lynched without taking the time to check himself. It's something I've done as scum (I made up meta about Saudade in BoP mafia to get him mislynched) so I'm sensitive to it. Is this a bad reason to scumread someone?

i didn't mean 1v1 in the sense that i'm 1v1-ing you, i meant it in the sense that one of my reasons is explicitly sort of based on my being right elsewhere on something that you disagree on.

i think basically nobody makes up meta as scum.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 865, RadiantCowbells wrote:I've been begging you to give me something all game and I haven't gotten it. The threat remains, if you show me that you're town it goes away.
I'm showing it now. It's on you to see that all this is town me.
Buki
Buki
Goon
Buki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by Buki »

In post 864, Shoshin wrote:I'm not screaming at anyone but you want to lynch me before LYLO?
The difference is that you can't stop the thread turning shitty

and not only you can't stop it, you're scummy in my opinion, and you're getting behind people if anything.

You weren't even caring about anything until you were in danger of being lynched anyway.

This post itself is meaningless...
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:41 pm

I don't see it.
Buki
Buki
Goon
Buki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by Buki »

I actually wanted you to be town Shoshin.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 849, Shoshin wrote:Can you explain the Buki read, NSG?
think that his effort to meta you even if you think it's wrong comes from town more often than not

think his level of engagement here and his arguing with rc is probably +town given that i think scum buki more likely than not isn't that invested

think that his thoughts on mechanics have been pro-town

things fall apart
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:45 pm

Should I ask you what your read on me is or is it going to be determined by flips?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by northsidegal »

me?

i'm null on you right now

things fall apart
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:46 pm

Good enough

Return to “Completed Open Games”