Micro 864 | The Newsroom | Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 684, apthet wrote:
In post 678, OkaPoka wrote:id prefer if everyone's next post that hasnt done so yet be a readslist
My reads are exactly the same as GuiltyLion, except I am also not townreading GuiltyLion.
lmfao i dont see this ever coming from s/s actually

UNVOTE:
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:47 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

apthet that does not mean ur off the hook for me!
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by Skygazer »

or maybe not ever but like thats something i dont see most people posting as s/s
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:57 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 1137, Enigma wrote:bc noone is a vt this game
this line gives me the feeling that enigma has been keeping up more than their activity would let on?? like it hasnt been explicitly stated this is role madness so
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 2.2

TargetWagon
RadiantCowbells
(1)
RadiantCowbells ()
Not Voting
(6)
Nimueh, apthet, OkaPoka, Enigma, Something_Smart (), Skygazer ()

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2019-04-29 10:54:59).
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by Skygazer »

actually yeah nim associations are rlly bad, like she had GL as their strongest SR but only hopped on to vote whenever he was bein wagoned (for "tone" lol), nd i'd like to imagine one of enigma/GL would make an effort to be more active if they were s/s

i'll follow RC on this because he also seems to have an ID on nim

VOTE: nim
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:23 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'm sincere and final in my request to be lynched.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:24 pm

Won't be posting any further.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

wait

i think we need to talk about why singleton was killed
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:46 pm

Post by apthet »

Hi everyone! Here's my long post.

Something_Smart:
Spoiler:
- (Being widely townread) I think that Smart is a townread for many people and I think he's taking that position in a way that makes me more confident that he's town. One thing that I noticed is that he specifically says that he's "obvious town" and I think that mafia would likely be a little more careful about that status and not want to lose it.

- (RC interactions) If Smart is scum, then it seems to me like his big fear would be RC (because now we know that they cannot be scum together). It doesn't seem like he would want to come out of the gate on Day 2 being combative towards him. Also, there's that question that just cannot be avoided as to why Smart would highlight RC's ability to read him if he's scum. These are the things that are making me think he's town.

- (Read on me) Aside from interactions with RC, I did find it weird that he decides that the reason that he decides to downgrade his read from me as obvious town to me as a sorting priority is that he thinks I'm a skilled player. It's definitely a big difference between Day 1, where he stubbornly had me as his top townread in the face of multiple questioning. I think I can understand opinions changing after a night phase though.

- (GL interactions) I also think that Smart's interactions with GL were definitely plausible as a partner, but I think his series of posts after the hammer up until start of Day 2 were also pretty town. Especially this:
In post 1226, Something_Smart wrote:I'm actually kinda annoyed about that hammer now, I don't think GL was the right wagon today at all.
Certainly could be fake, but it fits in the context of his thought process and I think it's likely to come from town.

Skygazer:
Spoiler:
- (RC townread) A part of my suspicion regarding Skygazer was that early on, she said that she thought RC was town, and RC responded that he expected her to be a "paranoid ass" and Skygazer said "Wait, do you want me to be a paranoid ass?" Or something to that effect. I thought that was a very weird response, and I guess this is less in my mind now that she's alluding to some role-related reasons to be not paranoid about it.

I think this is actually very noteworthy (!!!!) for the fact that it seemingly means that RC might necessarily have to be town. Either Sky is scum, which means that RC is town, or Sky is town, which means that she's not lying about her reasons not to vote RC.

- (GL interactions) So Skygazer said that she was reluctant to vote GL here:
In post 1204, Skygazer wrote:still think gl is p low info but w/ 20 hours left i'll swing that way if needed
and immediately followed up with this:
In post 1206, Skygazer wrote:actually

VOTE: GL

claim now

that's L-1
which was the reason I originally said that they were not likely to be partners. I thought that Skygazer would have to either plan out that series of posts or spontaneously decide to bus GL. If they are partners, I think that the first scenario is much more likely than the second, and I think that these two posts could certainly be faked but I just think it's likely that they aren't. I will note that this
In post 655, GuiltyLion wrote:Sky I could go either way on, probably need a flip or two first
is a minor red flag.

- (Day 2) I think that Skygazer, if mafia, isn't in a super good position, and I think she has to take the wagons that she can get. I do think it's somewhat notable that she is the most vote-happy currently. Originally the "nice scumclaim" post was perfectly fitting into this idea that I had of her, but this was shaken by the fact that she seemingly went into my posts, read through them and found a reason to unvote.

Enigma:
Spoiler:
- (GL interactions) I think that this
In post 876, Enigma wrote:ehh i dont what i had that let me try just being original

town
oka
rc
gl
nimueh = ss = apthnet
stk
sky
scum

i don't even like my sky read that much, but mainly because it seems like she is just around and posting but not really getting anywhere.
is a very comfortable place to put a partner. Just above the null pile but not too much above the null pile.

- (Day 1 wagon) Like I said before, I think Enigma as scum is more the careful slippery type (similarly to GL I'm thinking). This also seems like a pretty suspicious reaction to a wagon:
In post 1132, Enigma wrote:yes my activity this day has been meh so far, and im not going to argue against that - but if you are going to vote me make a serious case, and make sure other townies make a serious case too, rather than useless jumps onto me because this will provide nothing useful for town when i flip
Enigma also voted Oka "out of self-preservation" which I think actually could be a post that comes from town. I do think that Enigma is a very plausible partner though and he has been playing a very similar game to GL.

Me:
Spoiler:
I agree that it is likely for GL's partner to be bussing him. I also think it's possible that his partner was not. In any case, I think you can agree that I have the foresight to understand how bussing should go in this situation. To give you an insight into my thought process at the time:

I had made it clear that my two top reads for mafia were Skygazer and GL, Skygazer more so. Here's what happened.
- I voted Skygazer.
- People went off on me for being bad. RC specifically said that I was making "scumpost after scumpost after scumpost."
- Upset at hearing him say this, I decided to go off and sulk in silence until I was prodded.
- When I came back (having continued to read actively in my absence) the town wasn't particularly cohesive and several people were thrown around for voting (Enigma, you (Oka), me, GL).

So in this case, I have several options. If I'm scum, I either want to resign to GL dying and position myself as favorably as possible or do my best to make GL not die. What I did was vote GL without any further justification, right before Nimueh told me that Skygazer wasn't getting wagoned and what I would go to as an alternative. I responded with a lighthearted "nice timing!" Laughs were had. This means that if I'm scum, I'm either
- Not trying very hard to plan for the future
- Actively making a decision that will weaken my position later so I can make this exact argument right now in this post right here.

I think it makes far more sense to do any of the following:
- Fully commit and try to actively get GL killed and position myself into a more active and controlling role in the group
- Stubbornly stick to Skygazer and try to get people to join me
- Switch to another wagon altogether. I do think that saying something like "well, I don't know about it, but I do trust RC so I guess I'll vote Oka" is not as far out of the question as you think, and that Enigma was another possible option).

That's how I view the situation anyway.
sometimes i want to rest
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:32 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1271, RadiantCowbells wrote:I think nimueh could be scum
RC, I don’t think I want to play another game with you if you’re this terrible at reading me.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:34 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1281, Skygazer wrote:VOTE: apthet

nice scumclaim
It’s unlikely that both scum were pushing me yesterday, so apthet is probably town based off of that.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:37 pm

I hypothetically misread you once in a game: grr never want to play a game

Someone advocates pls on me every single game and I get fed up: omg how could you be like that
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:40 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1293, Something_Smart wrote:RC can't live to endgame. {Me, Oka, Nimueh} + either Sky or apthet.

I keep going back and forth on apthet. It's pretty evident from today that she's a pretty experienced player and now I feel like there's a chance she was able to fake those posts I townread her for.
Do you really think both scum were on my wagon? I think Lion scum, makes apthet more likely to be town.

But thank you for not being a WOAT. How anyone in this game isn’t at the very least tl me after that flip completely blows my mind.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:41 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1294, Something_Smart wrote:VOTE: RC
I don’t think he’s scum, which is why I’m so pissed at him.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:44 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1300, Something_Smart wrote:Ugh this is frustrating.

I think scum is likely in RC/Enigma (not RCEnigma lol) but I also want to sort Sky and apthet today while everyone is still alive, even though it probably won't matter...

RC what's your Skygazer read?
I think you’re wrong here about RC but Enigma could definitely be scum.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:47 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1308, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm going to be miserable and make everyone else miserable and I don't think it's fair to scum if I ragequit.

VOTE: rc

I would lynch enigma and nimueh after me.
I’m not scum here. Wtf’s wrong with you? I was fucking second on Lion wagon, maybe that’s why SS isn’t tr you. Did you consider that?
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:49 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1313, Skygazer wrote:i cant explain why lynching RC would be really fucking stupid w/o giving up too much role info

but lynching RC would be really fucking stupid

this is coming from someone who's had a history of getting way too fucking paranoid of RC to the point where he didnt want me to play with him anymore
If I thought RC was scum, I would be more mad than hurt.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:50 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1318, Skygazer wrote:who is town?
•raises hand*
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:53 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1321, Something_Smart wrote:I really don't feel like I'm qualified to sort Sky or apthet confidently enough to bet the game on it. I'm pretty sure Nimueh is town, I'd like to think I'm pretty obviously town at this point. This game has been so low activity that townhunting is very likely the best way to go.
Nimueh

SS
RC
Sky
apthet
Oka

—————

Enigma?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:55 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

nim ur scumleaning me?
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:55 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1324, RadiantCowbells wrote:Nimueh GL interactions feel pretty sketchy and I think that could easily have been an aggressive bus
I really want to smack you.

*figuratively*

When did you get this bad at mafia?
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:57 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1325, Skygazer wrote:
In post 684, apthet wrote:
In post 678, OkaPoka wrote:id prefer if everyone's next post that hasnt done so yet be a readslist
My reads are exactly the same as GuiltyLion, except I am also not townreading GuiltyLion.
lmfao i dont see this ever coming from s/s actually

UNVOTE:
Both scum don’t jump on my wagon, back to back. Lion scum, most likely spews apthet town.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:00 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1330, Skygazer wrote:actually yeah nim associations are rlly bad, like she had GL as their strongest SR but only hopped on to vote whenever he was bein wagoned (for "tone" lol), nd i'd like to imagine one of enigma/GL would make an effort to be more active if they were s/s

i'll follow RC on this because he also seems to have an ID on nim

VOTE: nim
No, RC’s just being a WOAT in this game. Use your head Sky. I was second on Lion wagon. Please don’t be a WOAT along with RC.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:02 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1331, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm sincere and final in my request to be lynched.
I doubt you’re scum here and neither am I, so now you want to throw the game by self-voting and wrongly persuade Sky to sr town? Why?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”