Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Official Vote Count 1.07

The Vesper Rebellion took place over Easter, 1282, which disposed of the Angevin king, Charles I's rule over Sicily.

Dina and Clarenza were two heroines of legend that feature in the Messinian siege. It's said that Dina was the first to throw rocks at the Angevin army and Clarenza rang the church bell to alert the city. The two women still stand at the bells of the cathedral today.

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Moomn
(3): Exilon, wilky, Not_Mafia
wilky
(2): PvtUrist, Gimm1ck
Froce
(1): Moomn
Not_Mafia
(1): Voted

Not Voting
(2): Froce, Baezu

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-04-22 12:30:00).

Mod notes: :D
Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by Moomn »

In post 172, wilky wrote:Moomns newb!scum tell he did:
The theory is that newb scum will far more often than not address the whole thread I their opening post during the RVS stage. Moomn did it this game.

I collected stats over 5 newbie games in which I didn't differentiate between newbie and SE. I found that scum players did this 80% of the time and Town players did it 14.29% of the time.

TTTT also has some stats which he also I believe only did on newbie players.
TTTT found that new scum do it 64 % of the time with new town doing it 29% of the time.

So either way the stats look like it's more likely to come from scum.

Now of course that doesn't make it a definite the player is scum but moomn has done nothing to convince me otherwise that he is town.
okay 20% it is
Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by Moomn »

In post 170, wilky wrote:Moomn can die that was honestly the most disappointing defence ive seen on site I think.

@baezu where do your reads lie after your catch up?
don't think of it as a defence, because it wasn't one
Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:37 pm

Post by Moomn »

Sorry to spam with 3 posts, but im here.
In post 173, Froce wrote:
In post 167, Moomn wrote:I think his comments are all sort of shooting fish in a barrel, I don't think he has put many of his own thoughts into the game, yet he has made quite a few posts with a lot of words. Lots more filler and shallow contribution than it looks.
Well I heavily disagree with you, for one. How is my contribution any more shallow/less profound than other people? Note that I've been seldom asking questions in my posts, unlike Exilon or Gimmick who like to interrogate. It seems like you're saying I'm hiding behind a veil of long posts that are in fact of little substance. I don't know about that. Actually when I'm typing I omit quite a lot for clarity reasons and to avoid redundancy. I mean, it's your judgement in the end, and if you see something that no one else does, have it your way.

Also it appears you're focusing your attention on the active pool (me, Voted, Exilon) and haven't been impressed with any of them. I'm curious. Is there an advantage to lynching them D1? I'm open to ideas.

You are on L2 and was on L1 not too long ago by the way.
I don't mind my L position. Pressure doesn't dictate my actions. As I said I don't mind being the first lynch and I support day 1 lynches.

I suppose I just see it differently than others, which is how it will be I guess. I would stand by the idea that you are veiling, which will come out as true or false later I suppose. *shrug*

I would of course rather lynch an inactive over an active if all other things were the same, but I feel confident in my read at this time all things considered.
In post 169, Exilon wrote:
I was never happy with either of you, but was actually more unhappy with you, which is why Voted received my vote as I did not want to build anything against you myself at that time.
???????????????????????????????????
Seems odd? compare it to the rest of what I said. I wanted to see things create themselves if possible. If nothing else consider my intention once I get hammered haha
Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:39 pm

Post by Moomn »

In post 176, Moomn wrote:
In post 172, wilky wrote:Moomns newb!scum tell he did:
The theory is that newb scum will far more often than not address the whole thread I their opening post during the RVS stage. Moomn did it this game.

I collected stats over 5 newbie games in which I didn't differentiate between newbie and SE. I found that scum players did this 80% of the time and Town players did it 14.29% of the time.

TTTT also has some stats which he also I believe only did on newbie players.
TTTT found that new scum do it 64 % of the time with new town doing it 29% of the time.

So either way the stats look like it's more likely to come from scum.

Now of course that doesn't make it a definite the player is scum but moomn has done nothing to convince me otherwise that he is town.
okay 20% it is
err 14.29 lol
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:38 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 161, Moomn wrote:
In post 160, Exilon wrote:
In post 157, Gimm1ck wrote:
In post 156, Moomn wrote:I was referencing a small meme among my own mafia friend group. It was from a game in which there was no role claiming of any kind at all. It was to be fun and a bit obtuse, further supported by my stating I intended to follow it up with some nonsense non contribution in my first post on the site.
This is filler, plain and simple.
Please contribute.
In total agreement.
Must have not noticed the exact question I answered. lol. It was a "Filler" answer about a post that was entirely filler itself. Studding I know! Respond to my other post maybe.

Also.
What is site meta for a d1 lynch?
I am super pro lynch as a standard, even if it were myself.
In general, any lynch is better than no lynch, even if is a mislynch
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:46 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 170, wilky wrote:Moomn can die that was honestly the most disappointing defence ive seen on site I think.

@baezu where do your reads lie after your catch up?
Still think froce is town...

I agree that moomn is not coming across as particularly townie, but I think that of those on his wagon, at least one is scum because it went pretty fast. I don’t think it’s you and it’s probably not exilon so that leaves NM.

What are everyone ‘s thoughts on NM?
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:43 pm

Post by Exilon »

In post 170, wilky wrote: What are everyone ‘s thoughts on NM?
N_M's reading townish to me.

In post 178, Moomn wrote:Sorry to spam with 3 posts, but im here.
Spam at will, Moomn. It's easier to quote that way.

In post 173, Froce wrote:
In post 167, Moomn wrote:I think his comments are all sort of shooting fish in a barrel, I don't think he has put many of his own thoughts into the game, yet he has made quite a few posts with a lot of words. Lots more filler and shallow contribution than it looks.
How is my contribution any more shallow/less profound than other people? Note that I've been seldom asking questions in my posts, unlike Exilon or Gimmick who like to interrogate. It seems like you're saying I'm hiding behind a veil of long posts that are in fact of little substance. I don't know about that. (...)

You are on L2 and was on L1 not too long ago by the way.
That's funny, cause I think you're both guilty of that same shallowness. A little less now because like it or not, you did react to the pressure and added more meaningful reasoning, and at least you're using your vote.
Which segues nicely into...
In post 169, Exilon wrote:
I was never happy with either of you, but was actually more unhappy with you, which is why Voted received my vote as I did not want to build anything against you myself at that time.
???????????????????????????????????
Assuming by happy / unhappy you mean not scum / scum;

You thought I was scummier than Voted
But you went for Voted because it was hard to build a case for me
But when you voted you didn't actually present *any* case anyway
Which means you could have done the same anyway and just vote for me - but you didn't
And even then, if I were scummier, and supposedly you had more evidence for me, it should be easier to build a case for me, not harder

Like, there's too many contradictions here for me to get anything from it, so I assume I'm grossly misunderstanding something
Unless you're scum and then I'm misunderstanding nothing.
Last edited by Lycanfire on Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feels like I've been here before.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:43 pm

Post by Exilon »

omg I wrote things inside quotes again
I am so sorry

Consider the tag removed. -Lycanfire
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:47 am

Post by Froce »

In post 178, Moomn wrote:I don't mind my L position. Pressure doesn't dictate my actions. As I said I don't mind being the first lynch and I support day 1 lynches.
I think it'd be way more helpful (if you're town) to fiercely fight against being lynched. Unfortunately this comment makes you a good lynch option, because you're not PR-telling. Not telling you to claim now, but even as vanilla it's a free lynch given away and puts mafia one step closer to winning. Keep in mind you weren't even given a chance to talk (less than 5 posts prior). It feels like you're very much content with people reading you based on exactly a handful of lines and coming to the conclusion you're mafia. I'm just bringing to your attention the fact you made minimum effort to defend yourself.

I would of course rather lynch an inactive over an active if all other things were the same, but I feel confident in my read at this time all things considered.[/quote]

Alright. The part where you labeled me "safest lynch" didn't really exude much confidence or make any mention that you had a stonewall read, but I believe you.
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:47 am

Post by Froce »

In post 182, Exilon wrote:That's funny, cause I think you're both guilty of that same shallowness.
I'll ask you what I asked him, please specify what makes my game shallow. If you can't, then you're the one throwing weak fos's and not saying anything really meaningful.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:10 am

Post by Exilon »

I did actually. More than once. I even told you about it and called you out on it.
I even stated reasons in the same post you're quoting.
Weren't you the guy that said you didn't find selectiviness ineffective scumhunting?
Good lord

Btw 184 has another scum tell that i loved
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:56 am

Post by Voted »

Why do you read Not_Mafia a town?
In post 133, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: wilky
Why voting him? I think he made a pretty good defence in post 132.

In post 132, wilky wrote:Sorry guys been frantically busy. Lets get this thread moving now there hasn't been enough activity this game so far.
In post 105, Gimm1ck wrote:
In post 103, wilky wrote:My reason is because every post you make sounds like it's coming from scum. You have a scummy aura around you....

Call it but I guess
At this point you should have information to lynch someone more than ‘he has a scummy aura’. I also agree with Exilon on the point of elaborating/explaining your reads and why. (Pardon I cant think of better words).

Keep in mind that agreement =/= townread and disagreement =/= scumread.

Not_Mafia, any comments? Like at all?
Do you regularly have concrete reads before page 10? Gut is a perfectly reasonable read at this point in time.

In post 114, Voted wrote:Moomn, Not_Mafia, wilky. Very few posts. Only votes in their posts, almost no reasoning, reading.
How about this? After cca 48h I am pushing town to lynch person with fewest posts. Unless the person posts relevant reads/ tries to scum hunt.
Care to post now?
This isn't a good way to play. Real life happens and takes priority.

In post 116, Voted wrote:Wilky, could you find the most scummy part in Exilon's posts?
In post 121, Exilon wrote:
In post 119, Froce wrote:
In post 112, Exilon wrote:For example, what is Wilky guilty of that Froce or Moomn aren't?
Not posting so little, maybe?
That's a good point, actually. Is that, in itself and in this case, inherently scummy?
Nope, it's not. Literally the only case on me is activity and my activity has been the same site wide so if youre pushing this mislynch pick a less scummy reason :roll:
In post 123, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 120, Lycanfire wrote:
Hello everybody. I am Lycanfire, the backup mod for this game. Until further notice I will be processing and resolving everything related to this game. Please send me a private message if you have any concerns.

Thank you.
Howdy Lycanfire

I'll restate my reads and see how people react. Specifically, who I think is town, who I think isn't D1 lynch candidates, and who are.

Town; {Voted, Exilon, Gimm}

I get N_M's point, but Exilon isn't the best D1 lynch candidate. If he's scum (which I don't believe so), he can be mech-cleared or be left at a later date. If he's town, a mislynch on him would get rid of one of the more active and contributing players.

Voted and Gimm are town because tone.

Null/Mixed; {N_M, Froce, Baezu}

N_M and Froce town tone, but also because there's better lynch candidates.

D1 Lynch Candidates; {Wilky, Moomn}

Bad tone reads from both (forced intros, poorly reasoned interactions)

Wilky's attempt at D1 mislynch (Moomn had 2 votes on his wagon at this point);
In post 100, wilky wrote:VOTE: Exillon

Something seems off here.
I want the D1 lynch to be Wilky, unless anyone manages to come up with a better idea.
Pvt im sure we've played before so you probably know that my first post is similarish in most games.

I have a feeling that Not_Mafia just jumps into wagoons.
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:58 am

Post by Froce »

In post 186, Exilon wrote:
In post 186, Exilon wrote:I did actually. More than once.
So if this is the "saying things and not acting like it" argument again, I can't even begin to tell you how much grasping at straws that is. It really seems like it boils down to you fos me because I didn't say a read yet. Well since you ignored the heads-up I gave early on about how this is my playstyle, I'm the one who should be crucified here? By the way, just because I 1) didn't vote, or 2) didn't foolishly say x is town/scum, doesn't mean that the entire contents of my posts are useless. For you should know, the final conclusion in scumhunting is only a small part.

What you're doing is refusing to give me any credit and equating me with Moomn (though we're clearly not equals). The reason why you're doing that, I'm uncertain. You could be just having a bad case of "this guy wont give me specifically what I want, so I'll snub anything he says because he didn't hit my town markers" which is extremely narrowminded, mind you. Otherwise you could be the mafia trying some form of gaslighting. Both possibilities are scary, the second one a little less.

Weren't you the guy that said you didn't find selectiviness ineffective scumhunting?
Huh? I'm confused as to what you mean. The only thing that might resemble that that I'd said was Gimm trying to nitpick one line out of several for "filler" (something that he's done again later with Moomn. I think he doesn't realize what really constitutes filler). Even then it's kinda the opposite of how you worded it here.

Feel free to be upfront about it whenever you want! Maybe then we don't have the issue of me entirely missing all your super good rebuttals against me and having to search back and forth, and back and forth for it.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:00 am

Post by Voted »

In post 108, Not_Mafia wrote:Lynch Exilon, he's artificially trying to insert himself into the town leader position
There was a huge debate after this post - he debate never solved the most important questions about this post (unless I missed the answers):
Why is putting yourself into town leader postion scummy?
How is Exilon doing it artificially?

Spoiler:
Sorry, I am still new and I am learning how to make spoilers properly.
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:03 am

Post by Froce »

Gdi I wish you could edit posts on here

Here it is formatted right:
In post 186, Exilon wrote:I did actually. More than once.
So if this is the "saying things and not acting like it" argument again, I can't even begin to tell you how much grasping at straws that is. It really seems like it boils down to you fos me because I didn't say a read yet. Well since you ignored the heads-up I gave early on about how this is my playstyle, I'm the one who should be crucified here? By the way, just because I 1) didn't vote, or 2) didn't foolishly say x is town/scum, doesn't mean that the entire contents of my posts are useless. For you should know, the final conclusion in scumhunting is only a small part.

What you're doing is refusing to give me any credit and equating me with Moomn (though we're clearly not equals). The reason why you're doing that, I'm uncertain. You could be just having a bad case of "this guy wont give me specifically what I want, so I'll snub anything he says because he didn't hit my town markers" which is extremely narrowminded, mind you. Otherwise you could be the mafia trying some form of gaslighting. Both possibilities are scary, the second one a little less.

Huh? I'm confused as to what you mean. The only thing that might resemble that that I'd said was Gimm trying to nitpick one line out of several for "filler" (something that he's done again later with Moomn. I think he doesn't realize what really constitutes filler). Even then it's kinda the opposite of how you worded it here.
Feel free to be upfront about it whenever you want! Maybe then we don't have the issue of me entirely missing all your super good rebuttals against me and having to search back and forth, and back and forth for it.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:07 am

Post by Voted »

In post 190, Froce wrote:Gdi I wish you could edit posts on here
Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:18 am

Post by Moomn »

I wont by making any really valuable post this day, but NM is slightly town to me and im loving how defensive Froce is about doing nothing while STILL doing nothing. Instead of leading by asking hes basically demanding others ask him things directly. Scared of his own thoughts i say.
Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:29 am

Post by Moomn »

Oh but Exilon the part youre misunderstanding is how hard i wanted to ride at my first set of reads. I figured i could throw a wrench vote in and get some people to bite on it, more than to actually attack either of you outright. It was a bit of a feign and conversation piece. For the record one of you i dont read as scum at all anymore. We'll mention who that is later haha
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:17 am

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 192, Moomn wrote:I wont by making any really valuable post this day, but NM is slightly town to me and im loving how defensive Froce is about doing nothing while STILL doing nothing. Instead of leading by asking hes basically demanding others ask him things directly. Scared of his own thoughts i say.
How the hell is NM town after doing literally nothing for the most part?
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:18 am

Post by Gimm1ck »

Force is not being defensive, so to speak; he is simply defending his logic, which is not being scummily defensive. Logs coming shortly.

This means he is a slight town lean for me.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 189, Voted wrote:
In post 108, Not_Mafia wrote:Lynch Exilon, he's artificially trying to insert himself into the town leader position
There was a huge debate after this post - he debate never solved the most important questions about this post (unless I missed the answers):

Spoiler:
And actually, it’s not very towny to try and derail a townblock
Show

Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:16 am

Post by Voted »

In post 196, Baezu wrote:
In post 189, Voted wrote:

Spoiler:
And actually, it’s not very towny to try and derail a townblock
I don't understand.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:06 am

Post by Lycanfire »

-
Lycanfire