Newbie 1927 | Stuff I Found Online Xi | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:39 am

Post by Froce »

In post 221, Exilon wrote:Someone asked me why n_m was reading town and i forgot to answer, i think it was you. The reason is, ifhe were scum, at the time of his first vote, it would be easier to target someone else already being voted for. Then i called out his reasoning, then he changed his vote. I think that's townish.
Hold on, lol. So what I'm getting is, you now agree with me when I said the following:
In post 80, Froce wrote:All not_mafia done so far is "silent-voting". However the fact he voted Exilon (who nobody else was voting before) is interesting and makes me think he actually read the game and fos Exilon.
Even though,
your initial response couldn't be more different
In post 81, Exilon wrote:This is completely meaningless and produces nothing of value for town. It's throwing out guesses instead of analyzing his actions.
What does "interesting" even mean?
Do you find their actions scummy? Are they not?
Though, to be fair, I don't think I should give much (if any) credit to N_M. According to his vote pattern, I'm convinced it's sadly his random playstyle. Perhaps we can pull up some of his other games (if that's legal) for meta. It'd be a lot easier to just get rid of him, of course.
In post 221, Exilon wrote:Then i called out his reasoning, then he changed his vote. I think that's townish.
No, you called him out 5 hours after he posted his reason, and it took him exactly 1 day and 5 hours to change his vote, to wilky, who was being bandwagoned. I think we can fully ignore your reads now.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:44 am

Post by Plotinus »

wilky hasn't responded to their prod in time and is being replaced. If they return before a replacement is found, they can stay.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:14 am

Post by Exilon »

Are you actually using real time as a measure to dismiss my read on nm??
Feels like I've been here before.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:29 am

Post by Exilon »

Me trying to quote while on phone thisll be fun
In post 225, Froce wrote:
In post 221, Exilon wrote:Someone asked me why n_m was reading town and i forgot to answer, i think it was you. The reason is, ifhe were scum, at the time of his first vote, it would be easier to target someone else already being voted for. Then i called out his reasoning, then he changed his vote. I think that's townish.
Hold on, lol. So what I'm getting is, you now agree with me when I said the following:
In post 80, Froce wrote:All not_mafia done so far is "silent-voting". However the fact he voted Exilon (who nobody else was voting before) is interesting and makes me think he actually read the game and fos Exilon.
Even though,
your initial response couldn't be more different
In post 81, Exilon wrote:This is completely meaningless and produces nothing of value for town. It's throwing out guesses instead of analyzing his actions.
What does "interesting" even mean?
Do you find their actions scummy? Are they not?
In post 221, Exilon wrote:Then i called out his reasoning, then he changed his vote. I think that's townish.
No, you called him out 5 hours after he posted his reason, and it took him exactly 1 day and 5 hours to change his vote, to wilky, who was being bandwagoned. I think we can fully ignore your reads now.
No i didn't agree wirh you then and i still don't agree cause the 'following' that you said isn't anything at all, as per my following post, which you quoted. Calling something 'interesting' doesn't mean anything, period. I don't know if you thought he was scummy or not then and that post alone doesn't give anything productive for town. As I've stated.

To agrer with your 'analysis' i would have had to assume nm was voting for me because he found me scummy, which i didn't assume then, and it's got nothing to fo with why i thought his actions were townish, as I've also stated in the quoted post. No contradictions here.

Even later when nm posted his reasoning he doesn't specificslly say im scummy, just that im artifically ttying to get into town leader position, so how could i ever agree with you on that front? Maybe he does think it's scummy (which granted, is a fair assumption to br making), but unless he spells it out, I'm making assumptions, which is dangerous.

You're making connections that don't exist.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:12 am

Post by Exilon »

On the moomn topic, i think your analysis is okay. A recap is a recap but at the very least you're making an alignment analysis.

I don't agree with some conclusions. I think what he does could likely come from a townie. This may change upon further study but right now, i stand by it.

It seems from the post your final conclusion is that his actions are more likely to be from a scum mindset. Is this correct?
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:37 am

Post by Froce »

It took him more than one day to simply read your single paragraph reply and think about switching his vote. More than likely he totally ignored you but then found two votes on wilky and promptly jumped on him. Ironically you're the one who's making unlikely assumptions here. There's no reason to even look into N_M's votes as serious reads, which brings me to my other point:

I didn't know that at the start of the game, which was when I'd made the interesting comment. Fact is, what I said is directly proportional to your later comment:
In post 221, Exilon wrote:The reason is, ifhe were scum, at the time of his first vote, it would be easier to target someone else already being voted for.
A vote on you, at that stage of the game, was interesting. It means he didn't try to pick an easy target (someone being already voted). This is very clear and can be quickly construed from my original comment but you refuse to do so. You're so hung up on "tell me if he's town or maf" that you ignore all other stuff. First of all, voting somebody, especially 3 or 4 pages in, is NAI (non-alignment indicative). As such, I was doing to the best of my abilities to give an opinion on N_M voting you (my comment was prompted by Gimmick who was trying to question N_M). Where's the issue? I don't see any. Then came your out-of-place post complaining about how I'm not productive and blah blah. Seriously? Then you follow it with a useless question and expect an answer. Then, when I'm being honest with you that that's all I have to offer for now (I wasn't gonna vote N_M if that's what you wanted), you start complaining about how my words don't match my actions.

My advice would be to read the post carefully and make out the meaning accurately. Simply mentioning someone in a post isn't fos'ing them. I typed a ton just on Moomn, yet I don't particularly "fos" them. For all the people asking for reads, I don't have a good one. So why do I type so much? I'm primarily trying to help town. I lay things out, make note of people's conversations and reactions, try to put two and two together and hopefully end up somewhere. I've been criticized by nearly half of the players here for what can only be summed as not making a tidy little post like Pvt, or Voted in which I say exactly a few words about every player (often with a lot of redundancy) and arrange them in a list. And if I'm grossly misunderstanding the complaints (because you made no decent effort to talk one-to-one), then why did Moomn confirm that this is exactly why he's voting me?

Sorry, back to giving advice. Yeah, try to make more attempts at understanding my posts because it's not difficult at all. While actually some of you might have vague wording that I'm supposed to make out what they mean before posting.

For a closer I wanna point out the massive double-standard you're on this game. So I'm your fos, for (I don't even know at this point) something something not contributing something something empty comments, and both Moomn and N_M are townish? I suggest you look at the post count, for one. Actually, no more suggestions. Here's what I'm gonna try. I'm gonna keep my answers short and concise (though I kinda like rambling). That way, I can be townish too like the other guys! I think I answered your post here.

----

Just noticed your new post, and, I guess it's an alignment analysis because what I was doing is pointing out instances I didn't like with Moomn's game. I mean, absolutely, all that could stem from town. What I'm looking at is town logic vs maf logic. This is complicated because it's very easy to see town as having maf logic, and the perspective changes from person to person. For example, I might see Moomn's hastily voting and lack of attention he pays to the game even while determining his reads as maf logic. I might see him ignoring engagement as maf logic (staying safe, not getting exposed). You, though, can see it as town logic, as in, town who is unable to read the game properly and who is a little confused because of being V/LA for a large portion. You can see him as inexperienced, and not able to form comprehensive reads, so you simply give him the benefit of the doubt.

However, this doesn't protest the fact that he would be a suitable lynch early on, along with another particular player. He is most definitely an easy push (as you can see by the bandwagons) and there's no saying he can't or won't get bandwagoned again in future days, and the people doing it would probably have convincing arguments. Like I said in another post, there are obvious lynches and then some more slightly riskier ones.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:16 am

Post by Exilon »

The first part of your post is unclear and I'm having a hard time connecting it with my previous post.

It seems the reasons why i think you're scummy aren't totally clear and you would like to explore that further.

I'll try to address that right now to thr best of my ability.
First, ill destroy the notion that there's any double standard between you, moomn, and n_m. Here's why your levels of contribution differ in quality:
They're using their votes and they're committing.

Next, i will try to summarize why i think you're scummy. These are general points.
A) coaching people with intent to look helpful
B) not comitting to a read and / or reads; refusing to vote;
C) at times suspicious wording;
D) selective paraphrasing;
E) hyperbolizing own activity and contribution

About the 2nd part:
Dude i asked a yes or no question. You answered with a complex wall of text. Anyway, From what i understand, your answer is a yes and you also understand my perspective in how i can him as townie.

I don't disagree he is a bad lynch.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:19 am

Post by Exilon »

I mean i agree he is a good lynch candidate for d1
Sorry
Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:40 am

Post by Moomn »

I wont be making any good posts probably for about 36 hours. Exilon your run down of why Froce is scummy is basically my exact thoughts. I will reaffirm that i dont mind taking an L (-0) but that i have specifically not claimed anything and that it is in fact a hefty mislynch. That being said as long as people will go into day 2 knowing i meant what i said im all good. <3
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:21 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Skygazer replaces wilky. Hello Skygazer!
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:21 am

Post by Skygazer »

hi
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:35 am

Post by Froce »

In post 231, Exilon wrote: I'll try to address that right now to thr best of my ability.
I appreciate you responding as quickly as you can.
In post 231, Exilon wrote: First, ill destroy the notion that there's any double standard between you, moomn, and n_m. Here's why your levels of contribution differ in quality:
They're using their votes and they're committing.
You just confirm what I said about you caring only about votes. Votes or reads like a tr or fos is only the end product of a process of applying the data to your intuition and creating a conjecture that you deem fit. Some people are very particular about this process. They like to do it as objectively as possible without biases getting in the way. Not_Mafia and Moomn are the antithesis of this. Also, it's completely false to describe N_M as "committing" when he virtually just votes the player getting bandwagoned at different times. Moomn I also wouldn't call committing because his excuses are very weak that he's not even trying. They kinda sounded copy-pasted from yours (which were already weak). It's bad to allow people to get away with cheap reads without putting them to the sword. Mafia then have an easy time deflecting and protecting themselves and don't have to do a lot of work to appear townie.
In post 231, Exilon wrote: Next, i will try to summarize why i think you're scummy. These are general points.

A) coaching people with intent to look helpful
If you mean me giving you advises, this is coming from the part of me that thinks you might be misguided town. Of course if there's a chance to have a town-town interaction I'll try to build that up and avoid getting fos'd. But no, I'm not actively trying to "help" any specific person on like say how to play mafia or how to scumhunt. I don't think I'm qualified to do that since, you know, I'm a newbie, this is a newbie game. And really I didn't start doing that until my last post so kinda premature to build any read around it.
In post 231, Exilon wrote: B) not comitting to a read and / or reads; refusing to vote;
Well, why not say, committing to NOT voting? Yeah? That should take committment, the fact I haven't voted thus far, with multiple wagons occurring throughout. I'm not "refusing" to vote because nobody is pushing anyone. Say, if wilky came back, and he told me to vote Moomn or you're his partner or something. If I stall the vote at that moment then that would in fact be refusing. But what I'm doing now, I'm weighing things up with the time we have left. We still have some, and there are a couple people with votes from a while ago that might want to switch with the game progression since they placed the vote. I'm being careful and making sure the town makes the best lynch possible. Voting is very important because that's the stage where mafia can confuse the town (also called vote-splitting, kinda what we see right now, bunch of votes on everyone with weak to no consensus opinion). In short, I'm adamant that voting right now wouldn't be a good move and that I should wait a tiny bit more.
In post 231, Exilon wrote: C) at times suspicious wording;
All I'm doing is commenting from my perspective and being honest with what I have, which is about the best thing town can do at this point. Slight tip, on forums I wouldn't really look for something "suspicious" or a slip (tongue slip) like that. The reason is cause you get all the time in the world to read, think, type, refine, and then post how you feel. Like think if you're mafia, you'd try your hardest to omit anything that might seem even slightly suspicious from your posts. On the flip side, town won't actually bother to do that, they have little to be afraid of and all that matters to them is being truthful.
In post 231, Exilon wrote: D) selective paraphrasing;
I'm not sure if this is referring to when I'm talking in place of other people or when I'm rewording my earlier posts. There's nothing wrong with that, I think, especially when a post is page 4 and I have so much more info now that I can connect or trace back to it. I'm trying to follow everyone's logic right from the start and how it evolves with the game. When players post scarcely or take long breaks inbetween that's definitely not easy or reliable to do. However, I'm not taking any breaks and posting in about a steady stream, so reading me from the beginning and following my logic should be easy.
In post 231, Exilon wrote: E) hyperbolizing own activity and contribution
Okay, this, I can see one being annoyed with it. Though, I don't think it's really unfair. This is a direct result of you (and several) calling me out on things related to activity and contribution, things that I feel I've already covered extensively. I think you need to look at this from my point of view. I was told that I was not contributing immediately, and this somehow continued up until now, 20 posts later. When there's only one thing people are constantly on your back on something, be it posting substance*, you're going to challenge that notion and try to prove your innocence. That's what I did. No, I'm not telling people to tr me because I'm active, because I never did that and I'm sure you know. I'm telling the people fos'ing me for something like that why they're wrong. (now that we reached this point, I'm still unsure on what to call it, which might be the most frustrating thing about it. people fos'ing you and you don't even know why. I'm gonna go on a limb and say it's a form of fencesitting? fencesitting is how it sounds, mostly used for people not voting until very late when everyone has already taken sides. Mafia can use this tactic to place the deciding vote. But you should know there's a difference between town-fencing and scum-fencing).
In post 231, Exilon wrote: From what i understand, your answer is a yes and you also understand my perspective in how i can him as townie.
I don't think it's fair to think Moomn is townie at this point, unless you're, again, grasping at straws about how he could be town (that's what it seems like you're doing with both of them). In contrast, someone that might be fair to see townie, though I don't, is PvtUrist. At least he made some posts, and has some interesting opinions.

However, as I mentioned in my previous post, I don't have overwhelming evidence that Moomn is either alignment. It's just not possible for me at this stage. You can keep seeing him as townie, and he can get lynched, and flip town, and you would be right. Then we'll go into more depth on why he was town, and why another player could've been a better lynch.
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:39 am

Post by Froce »

Hello! What a coincidence, I was reading an old game today and it had you in it. Anyway your spot is kinda good.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:41 am

Post by Skygazer »

oo which game

i've been gone from mafia for a bit until like the start of this month

hi NM!!
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:48 am

Post by Froce »

It was game 1881
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:58 am

Post by Skygazer »

NM is good at mafia for the record.

Sorting him can be tough sometimes, though.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 52, Voted wrote:Exilon - defensive and offensive. Either town trying to scum hunt or scum trying to lynch town. Further investigation necessary.
This feels unnecessarily fence-sitty
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:16 am

Post by Skygazer »

oh shit we have less than two days
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:41 am

Post by Froce »

NM hasn't been great this game though. In fact although he's got one vote on him I'd say he's in a pretty dangerous position. But if you can meta him in later days, we could keep him for now.
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:20 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

Apologies for recent Inactivity, a whole lot of logs and reads coming over the next few hours.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by Baezu »

Why aren’t more people voting for NM?
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by Exilon »

In regards to force's comments on my reasons for him:
I don't think going further with it is productive atm. I can't provide specific examples with as much detail as I'd like. I read your answers and i kept them in mind, and we can revisit some specific examples if necessary later. Suffice to say my mind hasn't changed on my read.

Regarding the most recent baezu post:
What kind of question is that? Why aren't *you* voting for him?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

-
Lycanfire
Lycanfire