caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:40 am

Post by caf19 »

Brandi wrote:Also I'm a bit confused as to why Mike is number 2 on your list. He may have not been posting today, but I don't think that means hes been lurking....
He was my number 2 in post 127, for the reasons I stated in that post. Since then, he hasn't posted, and I'm not going to let him slide down my list just because he hasn't been noticeable. Otherwise, scum could just lurk their way to victory every game. Please note this is different from just attacking someone for lurking and nothing else, mike was suspicious and then started being silent.
Brandi wrote:Isn't that exciting though? I feel pretty excited myself whenever I awaken to see this game has a bunch of new comments that I haven't read yet. Its like getting a handful of candy that you've never tasted before. =)
It is kinda exciting, but also makes me feel like I'm not posting enough heh.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:30 am

Post by armlx »

Brandi wrote: Absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
What?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:38 am

Post by Brandi »

armlx wrote:
Brandi wrote: Absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
What?
Wikipedia: Argument from Ignorance
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:40 am

Post by armlx »

Hardly the same thing, though at the rate Bazza is going down I am starting to think it was more of an OMGUS then a distancing technique.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Brandi »

Also, dear God Armlx, how many games are you in? How can your mind not explode from being in more than 4 at a time? You must really love mafia *___*
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:43 am

Post by armlx »

Brandi wrote:Also, dear God Armlx, how many games are you in? How can your mind not explode from being in more than 4 at a time? You must really love mafia *___*
I'll just say a lot and leave it at that.
mike-zim
mike-zim
Townie
mike-zim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:43 am

Post by mike-zim »

wow alot has happened sinse i last looked. i am just confused. Bazza looked so guilty 2 pages ago now it looks like it was a poly to draw out scum. Making him town. or he has pulled a fast one by saying it was a ploy.

i will have to look at it further but bazza is still my number 1 suspect.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:46 am

Post by Brandi »

The fact that bazza had no evidence on his suspicions towards Caf is not any reason to believe that there should be a suspicion on him.

No one had really said anything against Caf until now, and at the rate bazza has been throwing out suspicions I'd say that thats even less of a case.

But yes, Bazza's list does appear to be OMGUS.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:50 am

Post by armlx »

mike-zim wrote: or he has pulled a fast one by saying it was a ploy.
This is my personal opinion. I've only ever seen a trap not based on role PM wordings catch scum once. I have seen scum claim traps many more times, and people "trap" town members just as many.
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by Bazza-Scumfinder »

The OMGUS, i was not aware of....but perhaps the reason i am suspicious of them is because they are attacking me (who i know to be townie) (not a plea...fact)

I was going to put Q-Man on my tentative town list because i felt that 2 of the three on my mafia list were definitely townies....but then i realised there was no evidence which suggested at all that Q-man was not mafia. As for the Angelmouse argument, her post when she came back seemed pro-townie to me.

i am almost at the point of giving up, i have argued the inflated arguments against a bandwagon which now seems irreversable against people who fail to see my logic. I have so many Law assessments approaching in college and am part of another mafia game on spogg.com. I will go back and try to answer as many of the arguments against me as possible, but to be honest most of them are inflated and ALL of them are moves of a townie. Armix on the other hand should be dead, there is strong evidence against him, and if i die on Day 1 i urge everyone to go after him and Darox.

This may seem like a plea, in a sense it is. But i feel like i'm posting to a brick wall. Perhaps i am not as affluent or subtle in expressing my opinion as Armix and his mafia bud (Darox, or maybe Caf) but i feel that if people re-read the evidence will speak for itself.

*going back to read and post now*
I find scum!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by armlx »

Claim and/or die please Bazza.
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:32 pm

I am a Normal Townie.

And i know that i will probably die, but one good thing that will come of it is hopefully the townies will go after you and Darox afterwards.....

Role-fishing another mafia trait, congrats on making yourself even more suspicious to other people.

My suspicions on Darox were due to a progression of thought, NOT OMGUS.

As for Caf19, although she seemed pro-townie near the beginning, she pushed the FOS,HOS,VOTE thing a bit too much and inflated it. She also questioned my vote on you, which was based on evidence.
I find scum!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by armlx »

No, you are at L-2 with at least 2 people not voting you strongly considering it. If you think that is role fishing, please see:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8429

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8406

Several MD threads where it is discussed as well. Basically, when someone is close to a lynch, a claim is expected if not effectively required if that player expects to live. My math says L-1 is the correct point for newbies, but this is definitely equivalent to L-1.
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:37 pm

Armix- perhaps your "Caf and baz are mafia buds" was infact you distancing yourself from Caf, which in my opinion is a plausible 2. Afterall, you and caf are already on my scum-list together.

was your post about me distancing from her to cover up you doing it?
I find scum!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by armlx »

Bazza-Scumfinder wrote:Armix- perhaps your "Caf and baz are mafia buds" was infact you distancing yourself from Caf, which in my opinion is a plausible 2. Afterall, you and caf are already on my scum-list together.

was your post about me distancing from her to cover up you doing it?
No, it was an analysis of your play given the most likely correct assumption you are mafia. However, as was mentioned, your list was actually all those who were attacking you, making it a much more likely OMGUS.
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:41 pm

Wouldn't you prefer i read the evidence against me and refuted it???

The fact that i just claimed N-Townie means that the list of people (power-roles) for mafia to shoot at Night is now narrowed down. Therefore, it wasn't a very pro-townie thing for you to request. I gave it because i didn't want to seem resistant with people already suspecting me. The fact that 2 people are ONLY considering voting me means that they felt me refuting the evidence was a better option.
I find scum!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by armlx »

No, it was. You are probably going to be lynched as vanilla does nothing to help you. The point is just to make sure you aren't a confirmable power role.

3 + 2 = 5 BTW. I'm pretty sure no one has expressed that you are town though.
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:49 pm

Armix is a good (experienced) player who has many of you guys fooled...being so vocal against him wouldn't be to my benefit even if i were mafia because i would die on Day 2.

the reason he is probably winning this argument is because he has his mafia buddy helping him....this means there is One townie on me and one townie on him. he also has his mafia bud arguing against me (most likely Darox) which makes the case seem stronger than it really is.

The fact is, the case is (or at least should be) stronger against Armix.

Armix, would you like to give evidence against anyone else??....you are afterall supposed to be looking for TWO mafia members. Not counting/accepting the Caf argument unless you present other scummy traits.
I find scum!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by armlx »

Well, as I said, I've come to realize you haven't pointed to Caf as your list was a pile of OMGUS. Probably not Clammy for reasons I have stated, not Mike again, Brandi I see as legitimately newbie town in this scenario.

That leaves Qman, Darox, and Angelmouse. Darox I'm not seeing as a buddy with you right now, so he's probably not an optimal lynch until later. So either Qman or Angel mouse.
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:01 pm

If people were to re-read the posts they should recognise my motives have ALL been pro-townie.

To one of your arguments against me not voting early on: That could just as easily be a townie trying to act pro-townie thasn a mafia trying to act pro-townie.

Wow i had no idea 3+2 was 5 Armix, but thanks for sharing that with me Scum.

After i die, my name will be so relevant (scumhunter) and hopefully my team will not sway from my thoughts and kill you and Darox. This game is sooo irritating when nobody listens to you. I may get best Newb for finding the scum on the first day (then again the mafia have been pretty good at swaying peoples thoughts on me)

Armix, the fact that i refuted most of the arguments you placed against me yet you still use them and have not answered my rebuttals is frustrating....you have obviously decided to concentrate on killing one person regardless of what they say or do to disprove your points.

I have been far more liberal and have accused different people, because as a townie i am not aware of who my fellow townies are. You on the other hand have not accused other people because you have no interest in finding out who your fellow townies are.....you have put all of your effort into killing me, with total disregard to other players. Except of course for the "extra notes on players" which was to say the least vague.

You didn't want to commit to saying people were townie because you know on Day 2 after i'm gone you are going to have to look back and find things that are suspicious. Yet you didn't commit to them being scum wither because you don't want people to be against you. about people
I find scum!
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:07 pm

armlx wrote:Well, as I said, I've come to realize you haven't pointed to Caf as your list was a pile of OMGUS. Probably not Clammy for reasons I have stated, not Mike again, Brandi I see as legitimately newbie town in this scenario.

That leaves Qman, Darox, and Angelmouse. Darox I'm not seeing as a buddy with you right now, so he's probably not an optimal lynch until later. So either Qman or Angel mouse.

LOL, easy targets because they are hardly ever here to defend themselves. I suppose this kinda nullifies part of my last post to you not committing to players.

But the fact that you have said the active players are most likely townies, is PURELY to keep them on side. You still never gave your opinion on caf there....and Darox was not a tentative town with you why??? (distancing)

I now wish to make my post about Armix being mafia with either Darox or Caf 100%....Sorry to whichever is Town (probably Caf) but i can't see any other viable combination....
I find scum!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by armlx »

Your arguments are getting more and more desperate.

Please show me where you have responded to all of these and I haven't counter argued that you are wrong

Not voting early
The Flippant thing on brandi
Your reaction to the random vote having to do specifically with you, not the fact he was randoming several pages in AND OMGUSing it.
Wanting to lurker press this early
Only inciting arguments between Me+Brandi and Mike + Brandi
Your false scenario of the Mike + Me issue
The appeal to emotion
The about face on me + mike, going against your progression of logic argument
The OMGUS of Darox on your scum list after he attacks you

1) Not voting early is NOT pro-town. Its an easy way for scum to hold back until they can commit safely somewhere.

And I did comment on who I thought was townie in the post you are attacking. You just fail to realize the idea that only so often can you D1 completely eliminate a suspect.

Also, sorry, let me rephrase. 3 + 2 = 5 = lynch.
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:25 pm

Whatever happens i am happy....

Day 1- I die, am revealed as Townie and you and Darox will be killed if the rest of the townies have any sense. also i get back to studying and my other mafia game.

Day 1- You die, only one mafia is left between Darox and Caf, i may die Night One but the rest of my team will hopefully continue by killing one of the two (starting with Darox)
I find scum!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by armlx »

Or, more accurately:

D1: You die, are revealed mafia, town moves along and finds your scum partner.
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:28 pm

Armix are you confident enough to say that if i die and am not mafia, you will die on Day 2 without protestation.

Because if you die and are Townie i would happily let everyone kill me off and i'd also eat my left ear.
I find scum!

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”