Newbie 1925 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by Micc »

MaryJoLisa replaces wilky.

I'm willing to consider a deadline extension. Please send me a PM if you care strongly either way and I'll make a decision by this time tomorrow.

Votecount 2.03
Sashaddin (2) -
TTTT, JPD
TheASC (1) -
Schiavetto
MaryJoLisa (1) -
zeebu

Not Voting (3) -
TheASC, MaryJoLisa, Sashaddin

With 7 players alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 2 is in (expired on 2019-04-24 20:20:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:07 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa »

Hey guys!

*reading back*
The Oxford comma is only technically optional.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:51 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 203, ClearlyClarity wrote:Quick reads list:

Town:
teacher
, Sashaddin

Townlean:
Schiavetto, JPD

Null:
TheASC, ZestOfLife

Scumlean:
zeebu

Scum:
TTTT

Need more content from players on null.
Strategically, his partner should be one of those four. That's where I'd put them in my read list personally anyways.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

@JPD: Schiavetto, who only spoke briefly of CC in before hammering with confidence (Boom) is my main suspect for now. I'd say it's reasonable to think scum would have bussed here. Easy town cred to be gained.
VOTE: Schiavetto
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:56 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 358, Schiavetto wrote:BTW, @teacher, remember to address me at some point so we don't get accused of being partners~*~*~
This feels weird. Like trying to make an alibi or something. Especially since Teacher got nightkilled.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:00 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 376, TheASC wrote:Current thoughts:
ASC
-----
zeebu,
Schia
teacher

-----
TTTT, JPD, Sasha
-----
Clarity
, wilky
This might be why ASC is alive instead of teacher. He didn't read Schiavetto as scum.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 492, Sashaddin wrote:I tried to quote a post I think I read but I can't find it. You were saying that you were running out of town reads at some point and that's why I got the feeling you were less assured.
FOUND IT! I FINA
fuckina
LLY FOUND IT! :P
It's !!
Ok, so I'm not crazy now. There was one! :D
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:22 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

There's small one's like him saying TTTT and I are his top town reads then saying TTTT and ASC are his top townreads 20 minutes later. Says he read stuff to change his mind, but I don't believe it happening in that time frame. In the first 14 minutes he made two other posts about different people. That leaves 6 minutes to read ASC's ISo and re evaluate his town reads.

There's the issue with him "misremembering" a post of TTTT's to justify his thought process for Zeebu killing teacher. Turns out this post didn't exist.
Well right now ASC has 32 posts. If he had that amount at that moment, that's an average of 11 seconds a post, most being one-liners. That's a lot of time for a single post, count it out. It's totally true.

I found it, it exists!
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:23 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

The above was quoted from
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:39 pm

Post by TheASC »

In post 513, Schiavetto wrote:If they were on the wagon, I have trouble picturing them as second-position (especially when second-pos player, Sash, was the next-most popular lynch). Not ruling it out, though.

Third-position or off-wagon feels more likely
This sounds like it's a lot more specific than it actually is. Fourth flipped as confirmed town, Fifth is Schia who would see himself as confirmed town, First is TTTT who most of us have a strong town read on and second was discussed already in the post. This leaves third-position (me) and the three people off-wagon (other than Clarity of course).
In post 529, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 358, Schiavetto wrote:BTW, @teacher, remember to address me at some point so we don't get accused of being partners~*~*~
This feels weird. Like trying to make an alibi or something. Especially since Teacher got nightkilled.
I agree that feels a little off, although not sure how much can be read into this.
In post 530, Sashaddin wrote:
ASC
-----
zeebu,
Schia
teacher

-----
TTTT, JPD, Sasha
-----
Clarity
, wilky
This might be why ASC is alive instead of teacher. He didn't read Schiavetto as scum.
Why exactly would I be killed? Yes, I've had experience with Schiavetto, but I'm nowhere near as good a player as some of the others here. I haven't been particularly active this game and haven't really been town read by many people here.

-----------------

Also, we're coming up on the end of the day. We definitely need an extension and/or consensus lynch today. I'm not too sure about who though - maybe zeebu, Sasha or wilky's replacement (MaryJoLisa)? I suppose it all depends on what we get from these slots over the next day or so.
No Setup:
Here are numerous abilities allowing you to deduce the numerous mafia members hidden among you and protect others.

TheASC:
hehe love <3
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:46 pm

Post by TTTT »

@MJL
feel free to do your catch-up read without the flips :wink:
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:56 pm

Post by TTTT »

strategically Sash looks scummy
but tonally he feels town
there's no fake anger at being SR
just frustration with his poor play
Schiavetto
Schiavetto
Goon
Schiavetto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:01 am

Post by Schiavetto »

@Sash Nah. You're doing that thing where you decide someone is scum, and then retroactively apply that suspicion to everything they've done in order to support your read (rather than drawing a conclusion based on what you've observed). Confirmation bias is one hell of a drug!

The biggest argument I can see for scum!Sash rn is they're fickle with lynches in a way that can be read as desperate/panicky. TheASC mentioned here how quickly Sash changed their tune on zeebu. I think there's some heft to that, esp. considering how the unlynch on zeebu came immediately after a votecount which made it apparent that their zeebu-push wasn't gonna take off--so they switch things up, they poke around and see what else works (i.e., they try for me).

It's weird to me, though, that out of the four players they highlighted scum!Sash would go for me in particular. I'm going to try to lay this out clearly, but bear with me--if Sash is last scum, they know that all four of those players flip green, regardless of role. They could probably get away with going for ZoL-slot, but that point's been talked to death today--no reason to lynch the inactive slot; wouldn't do much for their image. They could go for JPD, but he's had some decent contributions since he's been back with us and there's the risk of it seeming retaliatory. For scum!Sash, the most sensible push out the bunch would probably be TheASC--somebody's already on the wagon, and as would-be last scum, scum!Sash would have more to benefit from that wagon defensively speaking.

But no, instead, Sash comes out here in full goddamn daylight and lynches me w/ some headass logic and a read on me that's more characteristic someone trying to brute-force a sudoku. They plugged in a 4 a while back, and they were so certain they'd almost solved the thing--because if this slot is a 4, then that means this square is... and then in this square you could.... but no, wait, that doesn't work. This square already has a 4. They plug in another number and try again (only to, eventually, hit another wall).

Their reads come across more like troubleshooting than like anything I'd expect from scum. TR that slot.

@TheASC et al. re: [x] I see how that might come across as fluff, gimme a sec to expand on it a bit
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:22 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 537, Schiavetto wrote:But no, instead, Sash comes out here in full goddamn daylight and lynches me w/ some headass logic and a read on me that's more characteristic someone trying to brute-force a sudoku.
I litterally laughed incontrollably for close to a minute! Waaaaaah! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Schiavetto
Schiavetto
Goon
Schiavetto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:35 am

Post by Schiavetto »

Following up on 513/537:

I'm no expert in wagonomics, but I do dabble--and typically mid-wagon players stand the most to gain from bussing. Anything too late looks desperate (or in some-cases, anti-town, as a few of you seem to consider my hammer), and anything too early is an unnecessary risk. There's something to be said for parking an early lynch on your partner and reaping that sweet, sweet towncred--when they flip red and you're seen as a longtime supporter of the wagon. But Day 1? Cui bono? T^4 has nothing to gain from that move, esp. considering they were p widely townread at that point yesterday. No reason to suspect a hardbus at this stage--more likely, if scum was on the wagon, they were hiding somewhere in the middle (2-4th position in this instance).

4th-pos was NKed, so we can rule that out.

2nd-pos is a bit more interesting, but as I was saying earlier, had they been partners, Sash would've had nothing to gain from joining that lynch. In fact, looking at some of the lynchcounts from that day, if we read the two as partners (Sasha and Claire sonds like a Europop/electronica duo btw), it's practically suicide for one to have lynched the other there.

Meanwhile, 3rd-pos comes at an appropriate time--Sash is sitting at 3 votes, and seems to be favored. It's a great opportunity to plant a lynch on CC and establish some distance--but then teacher shifts. At that point, there's no way for the 3rd lyncher to pull out without it looking sketch. They can't bail, so they park.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:38 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 537, Schiavetto wrote:The biggest argument I can see for scum!Sash rn is they're fickle with lynches in a way that can be read as desperate/panicky. TheASC mentioned here how quickly Sash changed their tune on zeebu. I think there's some heft to that, esp. considering how the unlynch on zeebu came immediately after a votecount which made it apparent that their zeebu-push wasn't gonna take off--so they switch things up, they poke around and see what else works (i.e., they try for me).

It's weird to me, though, that out of the four players they highlighted scum!Sash would go for me in particular. I'm going to try to lay this out clearly, but bear with me--if Sash is last scum, they know that all four of those players flip green, regardless of role. They could probably get away with going for ZoL-slot, but that point's been talked to death today--no reason to lynch the inactive slot; wouldn't do much for their image. They could go for JPD, but he's had some decent contributions since he's been back with us and there's the risk of it seeming retaliatory. For scum!Sash, the most sensible push out the bunch would probably be TheASC--somebody's already on the wagon, and as would-be last scum, scum!Sash would have more to benefit from that wagon defensively speaking.
1. Yeah, I tried from a new angle, and the first thing that sprang to my eyes was your quickhammer. That's why I got a small interest on you right now.

2. The last time I was scum, for the record, I got to lylo because I wasn't nightkilling the most obvious target. I'm not afraid to gamble! viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77764
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:05 am

Post by MaryJoLisa »

ASC
-----
zeebu,
Schia
teacher

-----
TTTT, JPD, Sasha
-----
Clarity
, wilky
Awww. Did this post give it away? :(
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:58 am

Post by MaryJoLisa »

Well that stinks. I joined the game to play with Teacher, TTTT, and Clearly Clarity. At least there's TTTT.
Schiavetto
Schiavetto
Goon
Schiavetto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:11 am

Post by Schiavetto »

...did Mary J. Blige just whiteflag or am I tripping?
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:12 am

Post by TTTT »

BFFs 4ever
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:12 am

Post by TTTT »

^@MJL
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:20 am

Post by MaryJoLisa »

In post 543, Schiavetto wrote:...did Mary J. Blige just whiteflag or am I tripping?
What is whiteflag?
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:09 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 541, MaryJoLisa wrote:
ASC
-----
zeebu,
Schia
teacher

-----
TTTT, JPD, Sasha
-----
Clarity
, wilky
What are you trying to say here?
No Setup:
Here are numerous abilities allowing you to deduce the numerous mafia members hidden among you and protect others.

TheASC:
hehe love <3
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:24 am

Post by MaryJoLisa »

In post 547, TheASC wrote:
In post 541, MaryJoLisa wrote:
ASC
-----
zeebu,
Schia
teacher

-----
TTTT, JPD, Sasha
-----
Clarity
, wilky
What are you trying to say here?
Here's some background on that comment:
In post 535, TTTT wrote:@MJL
feel free to do your catch-up read without the flips :wink:
TTTT knows that I'd have liked to do a full read-through of the game without looking at flips. I got to about post 175 before I noticed these reveals had been quoted on this page. But that's okay! I'll just do a regular read-through knowing the outcome of D1 and N1. I got a good sampling of first impression reads on a lot of the slots.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:36 am

Post by TTTT »

confirming that makes sense to me
doesn't mean she isn't scum
but that checks out from my POV

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”