Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4250 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:13 am

Post by Wiisp »

In post 4249, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4248, Wiisp wrote:I just did
And it's trash.
U wanna argue that a majority of scum piled on a town wagon just to secure a Lynch that's not even needed for them? A fucking dude that claimed to be a tracker, sure hun, you do you... I think your whole play this game is trash, so I guess we can't both be happy
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4251 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:16 am

Post by Something_Smart »

A lot of people try to play scum like they would as town. I would definitely not rule that possibility out. And it's not as though no lynch would have been achieved without scum help so they wouldn't really be changing anything. There's not really a compelling reason to believe scum would have avoided that wagon.

And tracker's not exactly a weak role.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4252 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:16 am

In post 4250, Wiisp wrote:I think your whole play this game is trash, so I guess we can't both be happy
This reads like a TMI
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4253 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:20 am

Post by Wiisp »

In post 4252, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4250, Wiisp wrote:I think your whole play this game is trash, so I guess we can't both be happy
This reads like a TMI
u wot m8
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4254 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:23 am

It sounds like you're claiming that I played badly while not acknowledging that I could be town or scum, and the implications for each on the strength of my play are different.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4255 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:25 am

Like if I'm scum I played WELL in beating back an early wagon, and it just so happened that the one slot that was tunneling me (for clearly NAI shit, no less, which is par for the course for Maria) just happened to be a hider.
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4256 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:27 am

Post by Wiisp »

In post 4254, Something_Smart wrote:It sounds like you're claiming that I played badly while not acknowledging that I could be town or scum, and the implications for each on the strength of my play are different.
Well at this point, you dying would be a god send at this point, so w/e you flip holds no merit to me

You are at like a 5% chance of flipping town and a 95% chance of flipping scum at this point, would I cry if I was wrong, nope
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4257 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:29 am

So when you said I played badly, did you mean that I played badly as town, or that I played badly as scum?
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4258 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:32 am

Post by Wiisp »

In post 4257, Something_Smart wrote:So when you said I played badly, did you mean that I played badly as town, or that I played badly as scum?
That would require me to know without a doubt your alignment, but it's more so if you are town, you are playing in a way that looks more scummy, and I can't deduce a reason for this, if you are actually town
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #4259 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:40 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 4187, Reasonably Clever wrote:
In post 4184, Papyrus wrote:VOTE: Chemist
In post 4185, Something_Smart wrote:Isn't Chemist the reason PB disappeared?
In post 3794, Chemist1422 wrote:
there was not a night action performed on PB that caused him to disappear, unless it was mine
So there are roles that can make slots vanish? This is kind of giving me Labrynth Jareth vibes, because scum!Random accidentally caused the whole underground thing to happen.

But why PB, why does chemist use whatever PR he presumably has on PB and then he mysteriously vanishes, possibly similar to how Ank, tw and Saj did in that game.

Hmm, that doesn’t look too good for Chemist but what’s the scum motivation in claiming that though?
If I were to explain I’d out my role, but we were in a neighborhood that was partly the cause of it
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4260 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:40 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'm wondering if SS is self resolving or not

but I feel like he would've played that angle already if so
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #4261 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 4236, Shining Dreamers wrote:And I was instalynched in a game, because of the guilty. There were no second thoughts, no weird defenses made. So why are people defending SS and second-guessing the guilty on them when they didn't do it for me when I was guiltied? This reeks of favoritism and hypocritical behavior.

If you can insta-lynch me over the guilty, then do the same with SS. Otherwise, I will assume you like him more than me and blacklist all of you on the grounds of you being biased.
What kind of AtE is this
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4262 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:45 am

Post by Wiisp »

In post 4260, Dannflor wrote:I'm wondering if SS is self resolving or not

Well he claimed to give a specific food item, that he believes should flavor lock him as town, to brown eyes... I did argue we could wait one more day, but meh "mechanics over overall play"
This is exactly what we didn't argue when we pile drived Vedith last, and I'm no saint, since I voted him, but again I don't believe we need mechanics to solve a game
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #4263 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:48 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

Also it turns out yeah I did do the thing to PB

Oops
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4264 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Shining Dreamers »

In post 4237, Reasonably Clever wrote:
In post 4234, Shining Dreamers wrote:
In post 4223, Reasonably Clever wrote:
In post 4218, Shining Dreamers wrote:
In post 4171, Reasonably Clever wrote: So people want to lynch SS, SD today, right? Just skimming over a few pages, I really think SS is town here. I didn’t see it at first but his responses seem pretty townie to me. Why are we lynching him? I was tl SD. Is it within the realm of Mastina’s scumrange to deathtunnel like this? I remember she deathtunnelled town!Xtoxm in ND and no one could get through to her in that game. She came up with some theory based on his posting activity iirc, that in her mind, made him confiscum. So, If her reads are anywhere as bad this game, I’m not puttung too much stock in them.
Maybe because there is a hider guilty on them and no one gave the reasons why there can't be one?
No, you don’t know that for sure. Do you know for a fact that they didn’t hide behind RWBY or that there’s 0 chance of a possible vig in this setup? RC had one of those in Labrynth remember and I don’t remember about uPick since I got force replaced out of that.

Even if you’re right about GoT dying because they hid behind scum, both your slot and ironically SS’ seem to think you can determine what they decided, solely based on their posting, in that you know with 100% certainty who GoT hid behind and unless you actually have evidence of GoT visiting SS, it is nowhere CLOSE to a hard guilty on them.

Do you know how many times in games I have had NAs that I changed my mind on like a gazillion times, even up to the last minute before deadline?

This is far from a hard guilty and you need to come up with a far more compelling reason, if you want me to sheep your SS read.

The only lock case anyone has made so far, is that GoT almost certainly crumbed hider. I completely believe that part of it anyway.
Except that they were Weak Hider. Roles with 'weak' modifier only die when they target scum, something that majority of players seem to be overlooking.
No, I’m aware but that’s why I also thought it not inconceivable that they chose a safe target but yeah, definitely possible but the part I don’t see, is how is your slot so sure on who? I know you’re basing it on who they voted but I think if I were weak hider, I’d probably choose a slot who I feel confident is town but not likely to be the NK, so maybe someone other than RWBY but that’s 100% how I’d play it anyhow.

So, if hider theory is correct as to how they died, than they most likely chose someone they were wrongly tr. That’s my best guess on that.

So, possible deep wolf iow.
Okay, then do tell me why would they crumb that they were gonna visit SS, then died and flipped hider?
Reasonably Clever
Reasonably Clever
Goon
Reasonably Clever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4265 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Reasonably Clever »

In post 4239, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4233, Reasonably Clever wrote:Why do you think there’s scum between Wiisp, Pap, me and tw?
Scum clearly expect me to be lynched today. I would expect that they wouldn't all line up into the "lynch SS" camp, and it seems natural for one to defend me for towncred. Hence one scum in the people who have come the most to my defense. (Wiisp is included because he has defended me even though he's not presently doing it.)
How are Dann and SD connected at all?
They are the two who have been pushing the most consistently that I am guiltied scum. I doubt they're BOTH scum, but if SD is actually town then Dann looks a lot worse (I don't think I need to explain why SD is scum).
I don’t think you can automatically assume that. In DnD mafia for instance, all of the players strongly trying to stop Lovebird mislynch were town and except for two players actively pushing her lynch, the remaining scum steered clear. No scum in that game tried to derail that lynch, actively or inactively.
Hydra of Cerberus v666 and Nancy Drew 39
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4266 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:51 am

Post by Wiisp »

In post 4261, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 4236, Shining Dreamers wrote:And I was instalynched in a game, because of the guilty. There were no second thoughts, no weird defenses made. So why are people defending SS and second-guessing the guilty on them when they didn't do it for me when I was guiltied? This reeks of favoritism and hypocritical behavior.

If you can insta-lynch me over the guilty, then do the same with SS. Otherwise, I will assume you like him more than me and blacklist all of you on the grounds of you being biased.
What kind of AtE is this
uggh, though this post reeks of, (X happened to me and Y was the outcome, so it's unfair that it's different here), a common scum argument

Though there's a multitude of good posts form this slot since day 2 started, that I don't think are fake, so I wouldn't hold this above those
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4267 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:52 am

My role cannot confirm me as town or cause me to die, if that's what you mean.
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4268 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:53 am

Post by Wiisp »

In post 4267, Something_Smart wrote:

My role cannot confirm me as town or cause me to die, if that's what you mean.
but your flavor a long side your role can, which is what you argued at the start of this day?
:Wotface:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4269 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:54 am

My point is I'm not an IC or friendly neighbor or something like that. If SD is right about how flavor works then I'm not even soft cleared, but the flavor clear was a soft clear and not a hard one.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4270 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:57 am

In post 4266, Wiisp wrote:uggh, though this post reeks of, (X happened to me and Y was the outcome, so it's unfair that it's different here), a common scum argument
It read more to me like Yume complaining about people not treating her fairly, which she complains about a lot.
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4271 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:00 am

Post by Wiisp »

In post 4270, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4266, Wiisp wrote:uggh, though this post reeks of, (X happened to me and Y was the outcome, so it's unfair that it's different here), a common scum argument
It read more to me like Yume complaining about people not treating her fairly, which she complains about a lot.
Well that's a conclusion I can't come to, because again "meta", I don't understand why you all keep arguing meta to me, a player that has never played on this site... Who only knows a few players in this game
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4272 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:01 am

It's not an argument, it's just a fact. Now you know, and you can look at that post in a more informed way.

...or you can ignore it, but selectively ignoring evidence is the definition of confirmation bias.
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4273 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Wiisp »

In post 4272, Something_Smart wrote:It's not an argument, it's just a fact. Now you know, and you can look at that post in a more informed way.

...or you can ignore it, but selectively ignoring evidence is the definition of confirmation bias.
what's the evidence? Your word?

I'm not voting her anyways, I already stated on a macro level she's exceptionally townie, I'll lose to her slot if me and her live to lylo if she is scum
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4274 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:14 am

Post by Wiisp »

I'm at the point where I want to talk to other people, but they aren't producing new content, or ever around in real time...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”