Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2849 (isolation #400) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2839, Tchill13 wrote:setup mods expect town PR's to play as poor as possible and they expect scum PR's to play excellent
Yeah, this is setup balance 101. The first step is to look at what happens if town shits the bed and scum plays amazing. The second step is to look at what happens if town plays amazing and scum shit the bed.

That has nothing to do with the site meta of towns not doing well.

As far as the complaint of towns failing to synergize, this was a REALLY good example of that. RC/Vork/JP all correctly identified each other. I correctly identified Egix. RC worked with me until we came to the point where our paranoia on each other disappeared. Scum woke up in an unwinnable position BECAUSE town managed to work together.

And really, if you're mad enough to blacklist over the day one wagon, maybe examine why you thought an ascetic claim was enough to slip the noose in the first place.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2851 (isolation #401) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2846, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 2844, Vorkuta wrote:Teach me your ways
Figure out the setup before scum
Think of a possible role that could fuck with scum's night actions
Claim
Laugh at them after they fuck up their night actions
Don't do this Vork. GiF is fairly unique in his ability to judge WHEN fakeclaiming is a good idea, and bad fakeclaims are way worse than good fakeclaims are good.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2876 (isolation #402) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2872, Tchill13 wrote:That's fine. Idc if I do. Egotistical players will never value logical opinions if it's not in their favor.
Eh. I'm an ego and I'm pretty damn logic oriented.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2879 (isolation #403) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2873, GuyInFreezer wrote:Tactical replace outs or not, replacing out because being pressured is an unethical move regardless of the alignment.
+1

imo the only reason to replace is because you are incapable of continuing to play, presumably bc RL.

If I had the ability to make a siterule, it would be that a replace out is a 2 week signup ban. Always.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2884 (isolation #404) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2878, RadiantCowbells wrote:i think my method of scumhunting has essentially no counterplay. i have no more difficulty reading the best scum players than the worst and i don't usually struggle against people going all out to fool me.
I have a plan for snowing you as scum, actually. Someday I might even be able to use it.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2897 (isolation #405) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by Jingle »

No, because you're clearly a compulsive liar.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2930 (isolation #406) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:33 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 2901, Firebringer wrote:Also always lie about your role as town. And your results. IF town doesn't know anything the scum won't know anything.
Clearly wrong. The only correct way to play mafia is to quote your role PM in the first post. That way you're never mislynched.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2931 (isolation #407) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:49 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 2917, mastina wrote:1v1 between two town roles--absolute worst possible case scenario for town roles possible, yes?
I mean.... No less so than a gunsmith getting a vig guilty. Which is a thing that the role gunsmith implies is possible in a setup. I submit that loyal as a modifier implies the capacity for a roleblocker just as much as gunsmith implies the potential for a vig or a mafia doctor. It's just a role that requires interpretation. The fact that cop doesn't require interpretation makes it a comparatively shitty role (as far as fun, not power) to loyal, tracker, or other investigatives.
In post 2920, mastina wrote:Encryptors as one of the weakest scum PRs
Encryptors are amazing town utility because daychat is the norm. The ability to maybe take away scum's ability to coordinate is AMAZING. That even discounts the need scum has to protect that individual slot. Daychat itself is the amazing scum utility.

fite me
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2932 (isolation #408) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:55 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 2929, Tchill13 wrote:I don't understand why ppl have the ability to replace back in. Replacing out is THE last resort.
They kinda don't, but no one realized at the time, afaict.
Da Rulez wrote:Once a replace-out request has been made public by the moderator, the player replacing out is to stop posting in the game.
The player is not allowed to replace back into the game
or rescind their request. If a moderator wants to allow any deviation from these rules, it must be stated explicitly in their rule set.
I actually wouldn't have a problem with replacing into a slot you'd replaced out of in certain situations, (You lose internet access and your previous slot requires replacement again 2 months down the line when you get it back) but it is explicitly against the rules.

As far as replacing out being the last resort, I 100% agree. Hence my opinion of the signup ban for repping out. It's not a punishment so much as insurance that means a player doesn't just sign up for 5 games and rep out of all but one because they're less fun. Sign up for what you can handle. If you can't handle what you've got because *reasons*, that's fine, just make sure to take the time to deal with whatever the problem is before signing up for more.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2935 (isolation #409) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:20 am

Post by Jingle »

I include daychat in most of my setups because I think it tends to be more fun than not having daychat for the scumteam. I also balance with daychat in mind.

If day chat isn't in one of my setups (like the messenger based one I ran last year, for example) there's a reason for it, because, again, I think daychat is more fun than no daychat.

Basically, I'm arguing that I shift the baseline because I wanted to take a contrary opinion to mastina, mostly because I like to argue.

Fite me.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2939 (isolation #410) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by Jingle »

I agree that godfather is more garbage-y than cop, fwiw. :P

And I would argue that the fact that I wasn't the only one who seriously considered a RB as a scumrole supports my opinion.

I will say that this game makes me intrigued as to the possibility of revisiting townsided setups from years ago in the new meta.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2943 (isolation #411) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Jingle »

FWIW, Tchill, I hold nothing against you. If you don't want to play in games with me I'll respect it though.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2944 (isolation #412) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:08 am

Post by Jingle »

I will say that I hope you change your mind, because from what I remember you were fun to play with in the past.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2946 (isolation #413) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:25 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 2941, John Pierce Gantt wrote:Few people mentioned my tone being weird. I hope it does not put me in any unnecessary trouble in my future games.
New players just tend to be tonally off. It'll smooth out a bit with time, and a bit more with people getting used to you. :]
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2947 (isolation #414) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Jingle »

Hey, if anyone wants to join a low-effort game, BoP 3 is in the micro queue right now. I have a backlog of games to run, and the sooner this one fires the sooner I can start pumping out fresh blood.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”