Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I don't think "scum motivation" matters when it comes to reading you. But there's an obvious one here: the lie is part of the narrative you want to push in this game, specifically the EXPLANATION (i.e. paper trail) as to why you behaved the way you did. Are you going to tell me this isn't something you do as scum?
All that me saying that you didn't correctly scumread me in FOTM does is give you additional space to maneuver. I don't have to give you that space.
If I were scum I could just say lolno Shoshin never misreads me then walk away when you do end up calling me scum b/c no one ever consistently reads me.

What narrative do you think that I'm pushing by conflating (you misread me <-> you only nullread me when I was scum) and why am I doing it as scum?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1528, RadiantCowbells wrote:And I recognize that she didn't read me correctly in FOTM, and she's probably recalibrating because of that which is the only reason I gave her this much space, but if she were town she should be a lot more scared that going after me would entirely derail the game. I don't think this is how she approaches me.
This is RC lying about me.

Why would scum RC lie about me in this way?

Because it explains why he behaved the way he did.

Why would town RC lie about me in this way? Actual error.

What's more likely? I don't know. I'd like to get more flips before pushing RC. I also hold out hope that cop will check him.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:26 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 1575, RadiantCowbells wrote:why am I doing it as scum?
meme clearly
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:27 pm

My actions have reasons. I lynched Grapes because I wanted towncred. I lynched you because in the long game I didn't want to have to put in the mental energy to keep you from lynching me or Lycanslot. I lurked instead of preventing mislynches because I was scum. Looking for scum motivation has a purpose, it just requires you to not play like a level 0 player.
This is RC lying about me.

Why would scum RC lie about me in this way?

Because it explains why he behaved the way he did.

Why would town RC lie about me in this way? Actual error.

What's more likely? I don't know. I'd like to get more flips before pushing RC. I also hold out hope that cop will check him.
How do you know that they haven't already? Serious question
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by Shoshin »

RC, why didn't you want the cop to check me yesterday?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Hmm I can kinda see Celica town.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1580, GuyInFreezer wrote:Hmm I can kinda see Celica town.
You see what I was saying about the early posts, no?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:29 pm

Because I thought that you weren't SvS with the person that I thought was clearly scum.

If your argument is that I wanted to keep you around as a mislynch, why was I trying to get you to explain yourself and potentially spew yourself town instead of just calling you scum with Creature and NSG as company?

I'd be perfectly happy to have you copped as scum because then I can nightkill you and no justification has to be made for it.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I would say something else but preflip association is known to be a bad bad thing
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I thought you were pushing me as scum yesterday, RC?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:30 pm

At no point did I push you as scum yesterday. In fact you would have been lynched yesterday if I hadn't been defending you on associatives + bad idea to lynch you D1.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by northsidegal »

hi

kinda hate this game, but yeah
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:31 pm

What are your reads NSG?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 1583, GuyInFreezer wrote:I would say something else but preflip association is known to be a bad bad thing
Should I say it?
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:31 pm

Sure.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:32 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I don't think preflip associations are a bad thing.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1439, GuyInFreezer wrote:So technically, without any read bias, at least one scum in {Shoshin, RC, northysidegal, Fumuki}.
It may look like I just threw 1/3 of the playerlist and calling there's one scum, but those are actually list of whoever I think are "competent" enough to see the doctor tell out of Baezu.
my nightkill choices have historically been terrible, although i appreciate your calling me competent

things fall apart
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:36 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 206, Celica wrote:
In post 5, Pretentious wrote:If I could just...uhm, interject for one moment. I think we should start this game by talking potential strategy for this. I looked over and went over the setup thinking of possible scenarios for it after I got my role PM.

I believe the best strategy here is for one of the doctors to claim, and then the cop claim. From there the claimed doctor can just play a Follow-The-Cop game, and scum are forced to kill one of the doctors. After that, the Cop is already claimed, and the last remaining doctor can spam protect the cop until scum figure out who the other doctor is.

This makes it so the cop will, at the very least, get 2 investigative results, and that’s only if the second doctor is found by Night 2. On top of this, this essentially makes it so if scum decide to fake claim Doctor, they will be caught out by the second doctor eventually anyways, and the cop can just continue investigating elsewhere.
In post 6, Pretentious wrote:Oh, nevermind. Cop becomes Macho after the first doctor dies.

@Scum Team - I know that I probably made it seem like I am a doctor with that post, but I am not a doctor. Don’t shoot me.
In post 8, Pretentious wrote:
In post 6, Pretentious wrote:Oh, nevermind. Cop becomes Macho after the first doctor dies.

@Scum Team - I know that I probably made it seem like I am a doctor with that post, but I am not a doctor. Don’t shoot me.
Okay, so I know this actually make sense it seem like I AM actually a doctor, and that I was going for that kind of WIFOM, so I’m just gonna claim. I am a doctor.
Hm, I really like this series of posts. I could be over thinking or maybe I'm just looking into this too much but a lot of things are going on here. I think Pretentious knew the set up before he made that post and his whole reaction up to the next 2 posts were 100% planned. It's not like if he's a fake doctor he's gonna get cc'd because it's wifom and if he really is a doctor scum might not even know it with all this. It's a group of posting to me that feels super planned in advance. It's just a question do you think it's town or scum and I honestly think it's quite townie.
<-- Weird reason
In post 20, Shoshin wrote:Baezu feels townish, though. That's something to discuss!
If my guess is correct I strongly disagree with this statement. I just need to see if what happens does happen. I could be misreading tone here, but let's wait and see.
<-- Hedge
In post 39, CultOfAthena wrote:1. It's page 2. I have nothing I'd like to say right now.
2. I'm going to play exactly at my own pace—that doesn't mean that I
intend
to do little—and if you have a problem with that you're going to need to find a way to cope with it. .

You will never lynch me this game.
I don't know how I feel about this post. I've townread it and scumread it in the matter of a minute. On one hand it's super defensive. Because RC's post was pretty mild, not even in an accustory manner so it makes me question this. On the other hand the confidence that comes from this post (mostly the last line) feels genuine like the whole post itself feels like Athena believes what they're saying. Perhaps it's best I read into other stuff that's not this, but I'd like to bring it to attention for other people to talk about so I can hop off this fence.
<-- Hedge
In post 41, CultOfAthena wrote:Just how I talk. I don't intend to come off as all that aggressive.

At the same time, I don't appreciate some demand for me to do a song and dance. You should know this.
Oh, I should've read the next post because this kinda makes me feel like Athena then if we take the perious post into consideration.
In post 49, Skellen wrote:VOTE: Pretentious

Not really caring if his proposal makes sense, it just feels not genuine/staged. On one hand he thought about it after he got his role PM and suggests it here later, on the other hand he realizes just 1-2 minutes later after posting his fault with the Macho Cop mechanic. I don't buy that. Also I just hate WIFOM right at the beginning.
This to me feels like a scummy pop in and vote. It refuses to acknowledge the key thing Pretentious did and points out stuff that could be considered scummy. They talk about wifom and how it could be staged. But not about how those posts shot the game right out of RVS and gave us something to debate and talk about. The whole post just feels manipulative to make something look more scummy then it really is to me
<---- Decent Reason

VOTE: Skellen
In post 1356, Celica wrote:Uh, Jeez I thought the Wizard would flip scum too even if I had no active say in it. (Considering I was debating if I really wanted to read the 40 pages.) Not that surprised at Baezu being doctor since I tried to make people not talk about all the fake claims.
Fumuki you're the same user that just got replaced right? Just for clarification.
I kinda wanna actively lurk a bit and wait for other to post, kinda because I liked the way I caught up before. But if people wanna ask me stuff go for it and I'll make sure I don't get 40 pages behind again.
Last edited by mcqueen on Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:39 pm

Post by northsidegal »

hi, gif.

i'm not sure if we've ever been alive in a game together. if we have, i can't remember. i'm glad you're here, at least. i hear good things about you from everyone and i've liked your play so far

things fall apart
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 1593, northsidegal wrote:hi, gif.

i'm not sure if we've ever been alive in a game together. if we have, i can't remember. i'm glad you're here, at least. i hear good things about you from everyone and i've liked your play so far
What is this conspiracy theory
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by northsidegal »

@mod can you please include a list of players currently alive somewhere in the opening posts

Spoiler:
Eyes without a face
Creature
Egix96
Dr Worm
northsidegal
Emperor flippyNips
Celica
Fumuki
Shoshin
RadiantCowbells
GIF

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by northsidegal »

(i'm aware that i'm not giving reads, by the way.)

things fall apart
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Its ok. Not giving reads this game simply means that you're agreeing to sheep me.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by northsidegal »

unsubscribe

things fall apart
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Anyway I actually attempted to read through Dr Worm despite the CAPITALs and FUNSIES

I think I feel more solid on town there.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “Completed Open Games”