Newbie 1928 - The Climax - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:34 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 299, RadiantCowbells wrote:Or maybe not I really haven't read

Ill try soon I promise
Like how can I not see this as scum you not wanting to engage the game man? We have 2 days 8 hrs, and all we get from you is promises of future action. Where is the fire and brimstone you usually bring to games because you expect to die d1 or n1?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:35 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Because I bring the same fire and brimstone as scum and generally lurker me is in fact town me :?:
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Ryno56
Ryno56
Goon
Ryno56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Ryno56 »

In post 297, Voted wrote:Ryno, why are Radiant Cowbells, Overkill and ScreamingNoodle towny to you? I want reasoning.
Mainly because they lack anything suspicious. The others have things which make me suspect them
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Voted »

In post 298, Formerfish wrote:Im confused, you quoted a post i made towards RC using it to support your idea about how i should feel about Redemption?
Does the fact that you posted it towards RC devaluete it?
I have a feeling from the post that you think that Redemption's only read, his only contribution can be scummy. Did I misinterprete it?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:40 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 303, Voted wrote:
In post 298, Formerfish wrote:Im confused, you quoted a post i made towards RC using it to support your idea about how i should feel about Redemption?
I have a feeling from the post that you think that Redemption's only read, his only contribution can be scummy. Did I misinterprete it?
I said that Redemption could be scum setting up a 1v1 on town me and someone I wasnt sring at the time. I now have a scumread on Ryno, so that kinda changes things doesnt it?
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:49 am

Post by Voted »

In post 304, Formerfish wrote:
In post 303, Voted wrote:
I said that Redemption could be scum setting up a 1v1 on town me and someone I wasnt sring at the time. I now have a scumread on Ryno, so that kinda changes things doesnt it?
based on
In post 275, Formerfish wrote:I'll take this page top to remind everyone that we have less than 2 1/2 days until deadline.

Our largest wagon, Voted, is at 3 votes (Over, Yyotta, Redemption) or (RVS, RVS, RVS).

Then we have 5 single votes and 1 vote holstered.

We need to start talking about who we would be ok with lynching here.

My votes go onto RC, Ryno, or Noodle.

Anyone wanna talk about this?
I think that the post implies that you are opened to accept possibility that Ryno is town. But then Redemption is your big suspect. You didn't post his name there. So you are almost certain that Ryno is scum? Then why post 3 names? That is what I don't like about the post.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:55 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 305, Voted wrote:I think that the post implies that you are opened to accept possibility that Ryno is town. But then Redemption is your big suspect. You didn't post his name there. So you are almost certain that Ryno is scum? Then why post 3 names? That is what I don't like about the post.
I think what I said was that my read on Ryno evolved due to our interactions, and that new form changed the way I looked at things in the past involving him, including Redemption putting us in a 1v1, because now I can see scum in that 1v1 where before I didnt have a sr on Ryno.

You are putting a lot of effort into having me describe why I dont scumread one person over another. You arent saying anything really about the reads I have made, just the one you want me to make.

3 names were to show where I am willing to go to compromise on a lynch. I would like RC or Ryno first, but would settle for Noodle.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:03 am

Post by Voted »

In post 306, Formerfish wrote:
In post 305, Voted wrote:I think that the post implies that you are opened to accept possibility that Ryno is town. But then Redemption is your big suspect. You didn't post his name there. So you are almost certain that Ryno is scum? Then why post 3 names? That is what I don't like about the post.
I think what I said was that my read on Ryno evolved due to our interactions, and that new form changed the way I looked at things in the past involving him, including Redemption putting us in a 1v1, because now I can see scum in that 1v1 where before I didnt have a sr on Ryno.

You are putting a lot of effort into having me describe why I dont scumread one person over another. You arent saying anything really about the reads I have made, just the one you want me to make.

3 names were to show where I am willing to go to compromise on a lynch. I would like RC or Ryno first, but would settle for Noodle.
Good. Thanks for answering me.

If Ryno is scum then Redemption is almost townlock, right?
So you want to lynch Ryno, if he posts good defence
RC if he posts good defence
Noodle.

Ryno, you have a problem. Make as detailed analysis of people as possible. Not only whether they are towny or scummy, but exact posts you don't like about them.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Voted »

Meanwhile I might as well get same constructive posts from Noodle.
VOTE: ScreamingNoodle
You need to post same reads.
Do you think that Ryno is scum or town?
How about Redemption?
Is Fish scum trying to mislynch people?
Do you agree with my reads in 161, 162?
Spoiler:
In post 161, Voted wrote:I will try to make several reads. Its early, so they can change.
Scale: 1/8 - scum, 8/8 - town

Ryno56

Calls Formerfish scummy.
In post 59, Ryno56 wrote:
In post 56, Formerfish wrote:
In post 53, Ryno56 wrote:Getting scum vibes from Formerfish
Oh yeah? Go ahead and vot... wait what? His vote was already on me? That's awful convenient that his rvs vote turned into a real vote.
lol what?
In post 85, Ryno56 wrote:
Oh yeah? Go ahead and vot... wait what? His vote was already on me? That's awful convenient that his rvs vote turned into a real vote.
I've already explained that this post really stands out to me as scummy
// No, you haven't.
In post 148, Ryno56 wrote:'Oh yeah? Go ahead and vot... wait what? His vote was already on me? That's awful convenient that his rvs vote turned into a real vote.'

This is so weird and seems scummy. Fish absolutely SCREAMS 'scum acting town leader' to me
He just keeps commeting one post, this is his only contribution. No pressure, no deeper analysis. 2/8
Post more reasons why you read Fish as scum. Quote his most scummy posts

Screamingnoodle

NULL READ - not active, you promised to post reads.
You have only 2 days if you want to help us D1.

YyottaCat

Many filler posts.
In post 74, YyottaCat wrote:ZOL is most likely redirecting votes to Redemption so he would be safe. But that means we'll probaby lose the chance of catching scum on day 1. Since he is scumread for me, so my opinion on that is that we ignore his redirection attempt and vote for ZOL. But I think as of now we should §TIAW§ and find out his §NETPRAR§.
ZOL had only random votes on him, so at least I don't see any point in redirecting.
Nevertheless, you tried to put pressure on him. I like people trying to pressure other people.
Apart from that she posted same reads. But again, filler posts. 4/8

Redemption

In post 36, Redemption wrote:
In post 33, RadiantCowbells wrote:but r u mafia tho
I'd be stupid to say yes even if I was. So I'm straight up gonna say no.

I am not mafia.
Heheh, finally sameone with my way of thinking!
In post 81, Redemption wrote:There is so many people that I would quote right now so I'll just answer as best as I can to anyone that suspects me. Basically, all I did so far is answering cleverly and honestly to you guys' questions. If you think that's a good lead for town, that's an easy win for mafia.

On the other hand, I got a super good read for you guys. I'm seeing Ryno d1 voting for Fish. Then, later on, Ryno calls out Fish as he already lynched him super early in the game. Then, later again, Fish gets defensive about an unexplained lynch.

I want some input on this, including from Ryno and Fish themselves. But for now, I see one of them as scum, meaning that they must not be from the same alignment.

P.S: I know that you guys suspect me because of my honesty and will probably be even more putting out that much theory so early in the game. Just know that I'm ok with it. I'm ok with the fact that it will put me in danger and cost me the game. All I'm trying to do is make you guys see the position that I'm in so that you can tell what is my "agenda", if you will. But the fact that people already suspects me this early tells me I'm doing wrong. So I might change my gameplan, if I ever make it far in the game. Just give me a chance and try to understand what I'm trying to do. Thank you!
Yeah, your only read. Apart from this, only filler posts.
Has same amount of contribution as Ryno56 so... 2/8
Post more opinions.
In post 162, Voted wrote:
Iconeum (replaced Saladman27)

Saladman27

Nothing to read here.

Iconeum

Has similar observations as me.
In post 138, Iconeum wrote:
In post 85, Ryno56 wrote:
I've already explained that this post really stands out to me as scummy
no you didn't? you called formerfish scum
before
that particular post was made? so why again do you think formerfish is scum? i'm not saying ur wrong, i just wanna know your thoughts behind it, and maybe specific posts :)
Yes, finally sameone who makes other people posts relevant information. 7/8

Formerfish (SE)

Only filler posts, posts where he defend himself, no pushing other people, no reads. 1/8
until this post
In post 103, Formerfish wrote:
In post 102, RadiantCowbells wrote:It's legit. But if it's wrong and I change my mind I'll say it was fake.
Then I can't work with you. I'm town, so if you're using the tell you think you have on me it's not a reliable tell.

If you are town you should be more willing to work with me as you know I am of use to town no matter what. You seem to be treating me like how you complain about how people treat you. This kinda leads me to think you aren't town.

Let's try this.
What do you think of redemption?
He tries to make other people post.
Then he makes same posts where he asks questions.
In post 121, Formerfish wrote:
In post 118, Ryno56 wrote:*silence*
You could talk to fight back against that silence.

What do you think about RC obvtowning Redemption?

How do you feel about the 1v1 that Redemption is setting up?

What do you think about the interactions between RC and me?

If the game is dragging people just need to post. Post about things you see in game. Post about thoughts you have about the state of the game. That's the point of this game and this queue specifically.

This is especially true for the newbies who are still trying to figure out the game and how to best play. Just post. If you are town don't let scum hide in silence, force them to interact or risk outing themselves by not.
It feels like town post to me.
The other half of his game is 6/8.
Lets make average of his posts. 7/16 ≈
4/8

RadiantCowbells (SE)
In post 97, RadiantCowbells wrote:Ii have the most posts the inactivity isn't on me.
No, you are inactive. You are posting fillers.
In post 113, Formerfish wrote:And you didn't answer about your Yvotta read.
In post 114, RadiantCowbells wrote:I have other priorities. I'll properly engage this game tomorrow.
You didn't.
Not posted reads at all, no pressuring. Expect on FormerFish.
In post 135, RadiantCowbells wrote:wait

started with hi post

he's scum get him boys
In post 110, RadiantCowbells wrote:In the game I called you scum correctly I essentially refused to engage you and just reiterated no you're scum no you're scum until you gave up and lurked. I don't see how you can call me overzealous in this game when I've made little to no effort to actually push your lynch through.
I like these posts. 3/8
Post same deep reads, please.

0verki11 (SE)

Few posts, but usually not fillers. Can't see pushing in his posts. 5/8
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 307, Voted wrote:If Ryno is scum then Redemption is almost townlock, right?
So you want to lynch Ryno, if he posts good defence
RC if he posts good defence
Noodle.
If Ryno is scum, I think that Redemption town equity rises.

And no, its not reall about defenses to my pushes, its where I can get people on board. I can make a push on people all day, but this is a team game and it only matters what I can get support for.

RC is a strong player and if he is town would be good to have around. My sr of him is based on him not acting the way I think he should. Its not a deep case and I dont expect many people to follow me there yet. You yourself have said you dont like the idea of lynching an SE day 1.

Ryno is my next strongest lead and would like to see him hang. I feel like I have been laying the groundwork for a case against him with the interactions I sought out and were met with variying degrees of success. If people couldnt get behind my case on Ryno I would compromise and my 1st comp choice would be Noodle.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:20 am

Post by Screamingnoodle »

In post 288, Voted wrote:Why is Noodle so more scummy than Redemption? They both haven't posted anything of values at all.
Well, in the least I attempted to try. Do you have a definition of what you value as a post. I at least gave an opinion on what my reads are. Though, I admit, I haven't been very active where I should be. (Hoping to change that. ;) )
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:23 am

In post 308, Voted wrote:Meanwhile I might as well get same constructive posts from Noodle.
VOTE: ScreamingNoodle
You need to post same reads.
Do you think that Ryno is scum or town?
How about Redemption?
Is Fish scum trying to mislynch people?
Do you agree with my reads in 161, 162?
Did you not read the whole post I made earlier? I was sure you did as you responded to it. In a negative way, BTW. Please tell me how I'm being confusing, because I guess I don't understand why my opinion's arn't reads?
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:35 am

Post by Voted »

In post 277, Screamingnoodle wrote:As I've been in the shadows, I'll give some content and answer some questions about myself. I feel that in the more recent games I've played, introductions are almost always missed. I'm answering some questions put forward for everyone.
// not reads

If everyone would mind answering the same questions, I feel it would give us all a better idea on some reads and actual content vs everyone getting angry or offended. (Since we are approaching D1, I hope we can get answers from people soon.)
//not reads

Questions -
1. Are you new to Mafia? Have you played online before, or completely new to the game?
2. If you have played Mafia before, what roles do you like to play, which roles do you dislike? If you haven't played before, what roles do you like or dislike?
3. What type of hobbies do you have?

My answers -
1. I am not new to the game. I have played a couple of times. However, it's few and far between that I can find time to dedicate to it. I have played forum games before, but I can't say I've had good experiences yet on MafiaScum yet. I am hoping that changes with this game.
2. I like to play town power roles. I don't like being Mafia. Simply because of my personality. Lieing (sp?) to deceive is not my strongest trait. I'm a terrible liar; which has got me into trouble in previous games. I prefer to be true and honest, which is why I like to challenge myself in playing this game.
3. In what time I can find, I like to make candles. (professional grade, not soy wax based)
//not reads

As far as reads, for me, it's too early to tell. But I'm TERRIBLE at reading scum/town based off a few posts. It's very difficult for me to tell the difference between sarcasm when it comes to online games when all someone is is an avatar and words on a screen.
// not reads

I have found in the past that usually people who are overdefensive are scum trying to overcompensate. So, FormerFish does read as scum for me. Redemption in my opinion is reading as town power, but could be a deception. Ryno is null to me at the moment... but leaning scum if anything because of taking things personal.
// 1 read, you are not pushing him

Just my 2 cents, so far. If you want details on why I feel this way I'm happy to share.
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:51 am

In post 279, Formerfish wrote:
In post 277, Screamingnoodle wrote:I have found in the past that usually people who are
overdefensive
are scum trying to overcompensate. So, FormerFish does read as scum for me.
Spoiler below for sake of space. In response to the above.

Again with the idea that I've somehow overreacted to accusations of me being scum. Could you please quote me and show where you think I have done this? Also, you have me in 1v1s with both of your other scumspects, that doesnt make any sense.
Spoiler:
In post 45, Formerfish wrote:
In post 44, Redemption wrote:Test :
VOTE: VOTE: ZestOfLife
Do you need assistance?
This is something odd to me... doesn't make sense.
In post 43, Formerfish wrote:
In post 42, RadiantCowbells wrote:formerfish did you roll scum?
Nah, no scum here boss.
In post 66, Formerfish wrote:
In post 60, RadiantCowbells wrote:i think

formerfish had the misfortunate to roll wolf

i'm sorry that this happened to you, friend.
Then it looks like we need to dance early to help you see correctly. Unless you're just scum and this is how you're trying to get rid of me. Or maybe you don't mind pigeonholing people as much as you mind when it happens to you, but sure trust the read you somehow got in the first 3 pages and go with that.
In post 67, Formerfish wrote:
In post 61, Ryno56 wrote:I agree tbh. I tend not to place much weight on initial reads but Formerfish is really standing out to me right now
It's just my pheromones, don't let that intimidate you, unless you're scum, then you can be intimidated.

RC first made the Scummy claim on FormerFish. I believe due to the posts above from FormerFish. Regardless of that, These scumread.
In post 105, Formerfish wrote:
In post 104, RadiantCowbells wrote:Town and transparently so
Explain. I feel like he's setting up the makings of a 1v1 of me and ryno. I know my half of that equation and I don't sr ryno right now, so to me he is setting up 2 mislynches right now. Thoughts on that?
This post can go either way, but does shed some more light on Redemptions motives. It's very likely this is the case for Redemption and a scum lean for the big R. At the same time, this could also be a clever way of trying to divert previously scummy behavior listed above.
In post 109, Formerfish wrote:
In post 108, RadiantCowbells wrote:Yvotta is my non you scumread
Why?

And I'll point this out now, even in the game where you legit called me out as scum you didn't treat me like this. It feels a little overzealous. If you aren't scum I'd hope that this would be a game where you realize you can't read me as well as you'd like to think. Then I remember who I'm talking about and that you wouldn't care.
I can't argue with you here. It does seem that way.
In post 166, Formerfish wrote:
In post 157, Ryno56 wrote:I don't see any issue with making an RVS vote, then later deciding that the very same person is scummy. RVS is, by definition, arbitrary.
Youve said i come off weird and scummy. What about my posting can you point to as supporting evidence for the description you have provided for me? I think thats what people are getting to is that they are having a hard time seeing your read progression on me because there isnt any.
Actually, there is quite a bit above, as you can see.

This is why I read you FormerFish.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:51 am

Reading up
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:52 am

Ah I messed up the quote... I hope it doesn't cause any confusion.
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:53 am

Voted, I'm still confused.. re quoting me with nothing to say doesn't help me understand your claims.
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:54 am

Voted, how am I not pushing FormerFish? I'm just getting back in the game here myself. Please explain.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:55 am

Townreading Noodle's entrance
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:58 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Prodding Redemption. If he requires replacement then deadline will be placed on hold.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:00 am

Post by Voted »

In post 45, Formerfish wrote:
In post 44, Redemption wrote:Test :
VOTE: VOTE: ZestOfLife
Do you need assistance?
Newbie was trying to find out how to vote. Fish offered assistance so newbie could learn it.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:03 am

Post by Voted »

Noodle, you have only one read - on Fish. It is not wise to lynch an active player early on. Even if he is scum. With this thesis being said who do you think that is a good day 1 lynch? Why?
Do you read town sameone?
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:04 am

No. Just making a noted point on Redemption and actually concurring with you, but also noting it may not be obvious.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:06 am

Voted/Noodle/RC townblock pls
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:19 am

Post by Voted »

Fish, you read Noodle and Ryno as scum.
RadiantCowbells, you read Noodle and Ryno as town.
I would love to see disccusion on this theme from you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”