Newbie 1928 - The Climax - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:21 am

Post by Screamingnoodle »

In post 321, Voted wrote:Noodle, you have only one read - on Fish. It is not wise to lynch an active player early on. Even if he is scum. With this thesis being said who do you think that is a good day 1 lynch? Why?
Do you read town sameone?
I've said before my weakest points in this game are reading. Now that I've caught up from the massive ninja (as posting my big post and why I have read FFish, as I promised) I'm not sure what to think.

I agree with you that it's not wise to lynch an active player early on, especially one who is actively prodding and questioning others. Which is why now I am very torn on FFish. Ryno is actually looking more scummy to me with that (after also looking into Ryno ISO).

I also agree with FFish on this quote from below.
In post 309, Formerfish wrote:
In post 307, Voted wrote:If Ryno is scum then Redemption is almost townlock, right?
So you want to lynch Ryno, if he posts good defence
RC if he posts good defence
Noodle.
If Ryno is scum, I think that Redemption town equity rises.

And no, its not reall about defenses to my pushes, its where I can get people on board. I can make a push on people all day, but this is a team game and it only matters what I can get support for.

RC is a strong player and if he is town would be good to have around. My sr of him is based on him not acting the way I think he should. Its not a deep case and I dont expect many people to follow me there yet. You yourself have said you dont like the idea of lynching an SE day 1.

Ryno is my next strongest lead and would like to see him hang. I feel like I have been laying the groundwork for a case against him with the interactions I sought out and were met with variying degrees of success. If people couldnt get behind my case on Ryno I would compromise and my 1st comp choice would be Noodle.
FFish, Please explain why I'd be a comp choice? Because of inactivity until now?
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:27 am

Post by Screamingnoodle »

Also, I've noticed YottaCat fall off the face of the planet. Are they being replaced as well?
Ryno56
Ryno56
Goon
Ryno56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:28 am

Post by Ryno56 »

Is there a reason for lynching me over someone who isn't active?
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:38 am

Post by Voted »

In post 327, Ryno56 wrote:Is there a reason for lynching me over someone who isn't active?
Then push sameone who isn't active.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Voted »

Noodle, good. You started to push Fish.
About reads. Even bad reads can help. You know that scum is overdefensive. Can you see other overdefensive people here?
Ryno56
Ryno56
Goon
Ryno56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:59 am

Post by Ryno56 »

VOTE: YyottaCat

I would like to request we lynch YyottaCat, who has been inactive for a long time.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:01 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

No. They're inactive for a reason.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Ryno56
Ryno56
Goon
Ryno56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:10 am

Post by Ryno56 »

How do you know that?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:22 am

I know for a fact they had mod issues
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Ryno56
Ryno56
Goon
Ryno56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Ryno56 »

How long will these issues persist? Is there someone you'd rather lynch in their place?
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:55 am

Post by Voted »

Radiant, who do you suggest lynching?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 325, Screamingnoodle wrote:FFish, Please explain why I'd be a comp choice? Because of inactivity until now?
Ill give the cliff notes version.
In post 58, Screamingnoodle wrote:I'll try and pop on when I can.
In post 156, Screamingnoodle wrote:Hey, sorry for being so crazy late.
Your activity is part of it, but its also part how you went about your activity. If you are going to be inactive, own it and declare l/va. If you say you are going to pop in when you can I find it hard to believe that from Friday the 19th to Wednesday the 24th you had no time. And even after you showed back up and said you were going to read it took you a day to post, which is when we get your questions
In post 277, Screamingnoodle wrote:Questions -
1. Are you new to Mafia? Have you played online before, or completely new to the game?
2. If you have played Mafia before, what roles do you like to play, which roles do you dislike? If you haven't played before, what roles do you like or dislike?
3. What type of hobbies do you have?
Random Question Stage is something that you could have done at the start of the game, if you had been playing, but at post 277 you are a bit late to the party.

There is plenty of content at this point that you could gleam information on and follow up on from there. Instead you ask random questions that most of the list hasnt given a shit about and you dont seem to care if people answer them or not.
In post 278, Screamingnoodle wrote:Myself being guilty in this, I completely agree with you.
Posts like this just annoy me. Its like you are looking for a pat on the back for realizing that inactivtiy hurts town, and you are renouncing your prior hurtful ways.

Then you bandwagoning on me about my tone and level, and when I ask you to show where I have been defensive you end up agreeing with my posts in your spoiler... And none of what you quoted showed how I was being defensive.

Thats about it. For now.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 327, Ryno56 wrote:Is there a reason for lynching me over someone who isn't active?
Yes.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:27 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 331, RadiantCowbells wrote:No. They're inactive for a reason.
Do you know what that reason is? When you directed people to her wiki it was empty.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 330, Ryno56 wrote:VOTE: YyottaCat

I would like to request we lynch YyottaCat, who has been inactive for a long time.
Gotta case? Or do you think that her being absent from the thread is damning enough? I mean, I'm down if you think you have the goods here. How sure are you of her being scum based on her activity?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Replacing YyottaCat. Deadline will be on hold if replacement goes past the 48 hours left mark.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/he

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:38 pm

Post by 0verki11 »

inactive doesnt mean scum.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 274, 0verki11 wrote:Can you quote one post that makes you feel this way Ryno
Over, you good with him not responding to you at all here?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:09 pm

Post by Redemption »

Sorry guys, I might be the only one that had two prod, yet I'm still here. Always around one time boys.

What the fuck? Why is there 14 pages now? There was like 6 the other day XD

There is now soooooo much material to go over, fuck me. Missing a day hasn't changed a thing at all.

First I'll adress Iconeum's arrival. The fact that the first thing he said was that my answer to the "are you scum" question was awkward was uncomfortable. I was to say your profile pic was cool, but nooooo (jk it's awesome, keep it up Iconeum ;;; ). In addition, I noticed that Iconeum made the same remarks as I did about Ryno and Fish (feeling driven and overdefensive). Great minds think alike.

Ryno hasn't made any good reasonable reads until the 7th page I believe, I was going to propose to lynch him but now he looks like he's just a like a you-push-me-I-push-you-back-newbie, I'm getting hesitant about him.

Former Fish, idk what is going into you but I didn't like the fact that you got into such a fuss with a new mafia player, I was expecting more from you man.

Btw, can anyone make a connection between ZOL and Voted's plays to see if it's a scum role?

I see Voted that brings up my ZOL lynch, not even mentioning that I did it as an unserious-very-start-of-d1-lynch (yes I like overextended words, shat-ap :p ). Other than that, he is the complete polar opposite of Formerfish: over offensive X) Not like the man in the mirror in any case XD

I don't get why people say I don't post much. Surely compared to Fish and Ryno, I'm well under ig. And the fact that Voted tells me that I haven't posted anything of value so far is insulting because I always make reads since the game started. As you can tell, nothing changes, still thinking about who to lynch though. RC and Iconeum are clear to me.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by Formerfish »

VOTE: Ryno
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:10 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Over, you around?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:19 pm

Post by Formerfish »

VOTE: ZestOfLife Mafia has 5 letters and this is the first person gg ez one scum dead. EBWOP totally not post farming. just dont role scum ez. dont know if I like how Redpemption reacted there. I meant roll scum as in getting a scum rolecard. wolfy post. Yvotta explain me and RC reads, and ZestOfLife actually. I can see them and im not from US.

Yvotas reads are kind of trash not a fan of the ZOL or the RC reads as they arent explained well. Redemption and Yvotta are a possbile team here probably. Can you quote one post that makes you feel this way Ryno, inactive doesnt mean scum.
Your entire body of work. Weak srs on Redem and Yyotta, correct? Vote is on Voted still right?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:05 pm

VOTE: Redemption

ok

finally read the game properly

casing this asap
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:18 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 347, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Redemption

ok

finally read the game properly

casing this asap
Wasn't he recently a TR of yours? What changed?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:19 pm

i had barely read the game.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”