Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:31 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 542, skitter30 wrote:More detail if u want later (ie prob after work when i'm at a pc) but it feels kinda pontificating-y and looks like readslist i make when i'm scum and feel like i need to give reada on everyone
There's a lot of words that feel like they're ~there~ to be there so that People See You Have Reads (tm)

Kinda hard to explain (esp without pulling individual quotes up) but i'll try again tonight if i did a bad job explaining this
I understand the general idea, no worries.

I can appreciate why you might take it that way, but I'd like to note a couple of things in response:

1) You are not the first one in this game to suggest that I'm explaining my thought processes too much, as if worried that people won't be able to clearly see me doing town things. To be clear: this is what I am like as a person. I am verbose, and I want to be sure that what I am saying is not misunderstood, because misunderstandings happen easily over text communication and they don't help the town. It's also often true in my experience that if you are having discussions with another player because you think they might be scum, you need to frame that discussion towards other players every bit as much to the person that you are investigating. After all, getting scum lynched doesn't work by convincing the scummy player that they are scum. You have to convince the rest of the town. So they need to be able to clearly look at the conversation and understand why I'm asking what I'm asking and how it's relevant.

2) I
did
feel like I had to give reads on everyone, because I had been busy and therefore quiet for a few days and not been able to say much more than 'RuiRui is scummy' and 'Urap is annoying me'. It's unusual for me to be in a forum game where I pretty much have no experience with any of the other players, and it means that there is a certain pressure to do more work to be readable without a lot of shared history that makes it easier for people I know to sort me based on less information.

I also firmly believe that Day 1 is a bad time for townies to get fixated on their personal wagons of choice, with compromise usually the order of the day. So, if the RuiRui wagon doesn't get going, or the Sashaddin wagon collapses, it's helpful for people to know where I stand on everyone (even if that answer is 'I don't have much of a read') so that the town can better come together on a lynch with which the most people are okay.
#greenshirtthursdays
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:33 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 549, Garmr wrote:
In post 548, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 547, Garmr wrote:God I don't want a last minute lynch on a spontaneous wagon.
why not tho
1 sash is going to flip scum.
2.less information than wagons that have been going all day.

Unless you wanna lynch inferno?
Well I highly doubt this comes from town
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:35 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 550, u r a person 2 wrote:inferno? he's almost certainly town.

Why inferno??
Check my interaction and reasoning in my iso
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:36 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

i don't have time to iso you, could you point me to the posts you want me to find?
103-11 0-2
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:37 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 552, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 547, Garmr wrote:God I don't want a last minute lynch on a spontaneous wagon.
why not tho

Well I highly doubt this comes from town
Doubt you posts come from town
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:38 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 554, u r a person 2 wrote:i don't have time to iso you, could you point me to the posts you want me to find?
246 onwards should hive you a idea.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:40 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 491, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 274, Ausuka wrote:I think that Sasha is scum, but I think it would be a mistake to lynch Inferno next. I kind of feel like Sasha has been trying to buddy Inferno, and if they were partners and Inferno was committed to not bussing he would vote Ruirui. What he's done instead makes himself look bad on a Sasha scumflip and doesn't really help save him, imo.
How has Sasha been trying to buddy Inferno? They have little to no interactions with each other and he seemed to make it very clear that he didn’t want to get involved in the spat with Exil.
In post 304, Ausuka wrote: Also I feel like his play has been to try and buddy Inferno? Like, first he calls Inferno's massive case great, then joins him on Urap, then Garmr forms his Inferno push and Sasha comes to his defense, recycling the same "opportunistic" line Inferno used, in .
this is why i think this; i don't think it's a "gross misrepresentation" at all.

@sasha: i don't think you're necessarily playing badly? if you want to get better at playing, something you could is reading old games, and looking at what scum do. you can learn how scum behave and when you're scum you can try and avoid those kinds of behaviours. at least that's what i do.

i can't think of anyone i'd like to lynch more than sasha. i'd like their flip here and i don't particularly feel like urap is scum (although i guess i don't exactly have a reason to think this, they just feel genuine to me) and inferno seems tunnely-town like he is usually.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:41 am

Post by Inferno390 »

why not tho

Given that the only “spontaneous wagon” going on is UR2, this reads suspiciously like scum worried that his partner is going to get lynched out of nowhere because the wagon he’s been pushing falls apart. Plus saying I should be lynched, especially when widely townread indicates to me that he’s scum that wants to get rid of me.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 558, Inferno390 wrote:
why not tho

Given that the only “spontaneous wagon” going on is UR2, this reads suspiciously like scum worried that his partner is going to get lynched out of nowhere because the wagon he’s been pushing falls apart. Plus saying I should be lynched, especially when widely townread indicates to me that he’s scum that wants to get rid of me.
That logic Is horrible. Scum have the ability to nightkill you dolt. Think about it. Also yes I am frustrated the wagon I been pushing is falling apart because I want to lynch scum
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:57 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 557, Ausuka wrote:@sasha: i don't think you're necessarily playing badly? if you want to get better at playing, something you could is reading old games, and looking at what scum do. you can learn how scum behave and when you're scum you can try and avoid those kinds of behaviours. at least that's what i do.
Thanks for the idea. I like the idea of seeing it from the scumside. That's what I miss I guess, I only had 2 scum roles out of like 12 games, one of those two being my first game ever. I didn't learn much needless to say.
Do you have some classics to suggest?
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:00 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 549, Garmr wrote:1 sash is going to flip scum.
No, I'm not going to... I'm a vt.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:01 am

Post by Inferno390 »

And they’re not going to use that nightkill to, you know, kill confirmed town like LUV?
And what does the nightkill have to do with Gamr!Scum not wanting UR2!Scum to be lynched?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 562, Inferno390 wrote:And they’re not going to use that nightkill to, you know, kill confirmed town like LUV?
And what does the nightkill have to do with Gamr!Scum not wanting UR2!Scum to be lynched?
Why would you shoot the confirmed townie first? There's probably other power roles in the game there could be anything from a doctor, to a watcher or a cop anything. Only a noob scum team would shoot the first night.

Ok lets pretend that sash is town and we lynch them what do we lose? a vt.
In post 561, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 549, Garmr wrote:1 sash is going to flip scum.
No, I'm not going to... I'm a vt.

If his scum that's great.

Now lets say that UR2 is town either a power role or scum. Bang scum know 3 roles lynched one and can just leave Sash a wifom bait. A player as exprienced as you should at least know that much right?

Honestly I don't care to much if ur2 does get lynched but if someone that I town read like Bob or Ausuka nah uh.

Also funny how you accuse me of trying to falsely shield UR2. I literally caught you shielding sash. Difference is I found all the links and shit as well yours to solidify it. Yours is a hollow shell with two purposes. To try and shake my claim of you shielding sash and trying to throw shade at the same time depending on how people will react.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:41 am

Post by Inferno390 »

If I’m trying to shield Sash, then why the heck did I say that a) I was okay with a Sash lynch and b) I would hammer the slot?

I really don’t appreciate the attempt to make me look as dumb as possible in order to discredit what I’m saying.
I’ll respond to the rest of this later when I have tome.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:46 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 564, Inferno390 wrote:If I’m trying to shield Sash, then why the heck did I say that a) I was okay with a Sash lynch and b) I would hammer the slot?

I really don’t appreciate the attempt to make me look as dumb as possible in order to discredit what I’m saying.
I’ll respond to the rest of this later when I have tome.
..... Are you fucking kidding me. We spent pages arguing about it I said you were partners with sash and trying to derail his wagon with out getting on the counter wagon and you fucking act like it never happened are you fucking reading the game.

Don't try and play dumb you only did said those things to cover up and a)Just because you say something, doesn't mean your doing it. It's mafia people lie and your earlier actions say different. b)Yeah after I drilled you hard enough after multiple posts, so you can preserve your image.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:19 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 557, Ausuka wrote:
In post 491, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 274, Ausuka wrote:I think that Sasha is scum, but I think it would be a mistake to lynch Inferno next. I kind of feel like Sasha has been trying to buddy Inferno, and if they were partners and Inferno was committed to not bussing he would vote Ruirui. What he's done instead makes himself look bad on a Sasha scumflip and doesn't really help save him, imo.
How has Sasha been trying to buddy Inferno? They have little to no interactions with each other and he seemed to make it very clear that he didn’t want to get involved in the spat with Exil.
In post 304, Ausuka wrote: Also I feel like his play has been to try and buddy Inferno? Like, first he calls Inferno's massive case great, then joins him on Urap, then Garmr forms his Inferno push and Sasha comes to his defense, recycling the same "opportunistic" line Inferno used, in .
this is why i think this; i don't think it's a "gross misrepresentation" at all.

@sasha: i don't think you're necessarily playing badly? if you want to get better at playing, something you could is reading old games, and looking at what scum do. you can learn how scum behave and when you're scum you can try and avoid those kinds of behaviours. at least that's what i do.

i can't think of anyone i'd like to lynch more than sasha. i'd like their flip here and i don't particularly feel like urap is scum (although i guess i don't exactly have a reason to think this, they just feel genuine to me) and inferno seems tunnely-town like he is usually.
I missed this on my catch-up. What I get for skimming :lol:

I don’t see how agreeing with ones analysis in the most non-enthusiastic way is buddying. I also don’t see the second point either and I don’t see why he attempts to buddy Inferno there as scum. Inferno wasn’t voting for him at the time and didn’t really have the intention too either.

Don’t mean to be hung up on this but I’m just not following how you reached that he was buddying. It has been one of the reasons why I’ve been reconsidering Sasha.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:37 am

Post by bob3141 »

sorry if any one finds it difficult to read my posts. I tend to miss punctuation marks e.g. comma and often dont realise that ive actualy not types teh small words. I think them but soem how my fingers dont type them lol. Even when i proof read my mind tends to fill the gaps. With me only beign able to notice that those small words actualy arnt tehre when i reread it teh next day

e.g. I saw a ship and its sailing to teh harbour. Can end up as I saw ship and sailing the harbour
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:52 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 488, Sashaddin wrote:Here my ideas in case I go:

Town:

Inferno
Ruirui
ChanelDelibird
Skitter

Scum:

Bob
Garmr (not that sure anymore though)
URAP2
So whats your reasoning behind each of your reads.

Also I find it a bit odd that you say you still think Im scum. Even though you tried to back pedal from your original vote on me. When you replied to my requstion regarding the reasoning behind your reads at teh start of the game. Where you tried to claim you missunderstood my post that you used as pretext to vote for me. With your bais for you vote being rather reachy
High Risk Gamble
High Risk Gamble
Goon
High Risk Gamble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:10 am

Post by High Risk Gamble »

I haven't forgotten about the game I just had something come up sadly.
This is my next priority.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 545, skitter30 wrote:
In post 539, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 527, skitter30 wrote:
In post 492, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:What do you like about Asuka’s 274?
Its sufficiently nuanced in a way that i thinj is hard (but not impossible) for her to fake
What do you think about the gross misrepresentation she made about Sash’s interactions and thoughts on Inferno?
I acknowledge that i see this but i need to get back to work so tonight
I dont particularly agree with her saying that sash is bussing inferno (ie i dont see it) but i also wouldnt really call it a gross misrep either

I think she made some decent points in that scum!inferno would be behaving differently if he were partners with sash (ie hopping on the rui wagon to give it some momentum, and that scum!inferno would probably be cogent of the fact that he'd look bad on a scum!sash flip given how he's been behaving thus far)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:15 pm

Post by skitter30 »

@channel:

i totally get wanting to be understood and being verbose in an attempt to making yourself understood (i'm usually a wallposter, i guess i'm in a pithy posting phase rn). it wasn't exactly that you were verbose, more that it felt ~insincere~ in some way, kinda like making a post about the reads was more important to you than the reads themselves if that makes sense.

like i said before ur player profile (kinda similar to my own, uses a lot of logic) is in my blindspot because i want to townread people that make sense and you're reminding me a lot of scum!versions of other players that i know have trouble reading for just this reason (specifically scum!seph in this game). obvs you're a different player than him but a lot of how i play is by drawing comparisions to things i've seen before to try to gauge what's happening *here* and that's what i'm being reminded of rn.

i'm aware that this is a ~vibes~ sort of read and that there isn't that much for u to respond to really but i'm trying to listen to my gut more and that post just reminded me a lot of the readslist i make as scum
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 563, Garmr wrote:Now lets say that UR2 is town either a power role or scum. Bang scum know 3 roles lynched one and can just leave Sash a wifom bait. A player as exprienced as you should at least know that much right?
r u arguing that we shouldn't wagon urap lest town!him is forced to claim and scum will now know three roles?
or did i misunderstand and you're saying something else?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 568, bob3141 wrote:So whats your reasoning behind each of your reads
Skitter and Inferno: Inquisitive, speak to everyone, try to understaand the game beyond the first level. Curious and reflexive. Two similar styles that inspires me town confidence.
Delibird: His shorts sentences made more sense to me when read with a town perspective than a scum one. It's something I like to do with that kind of posting. But this is from instinct, not rationale.

URAP2: Tunnels me from the start of the game and immediately challenges most of who would townread me. I feel he's scum trying to get a townie out to get a better odd for a PR nightkill. He hasn't given me an inch.
Bob: Apart from that post I picked on you've been pretty clean. Sorry. Dunno why I still had you red.
Garmr: My early feeling of a hungry werewolf has dulled. He's definitely hungry if he's town though. Maybe a tiny scumlean? He was good at scum when I played with him... so it seems I can't rule this possibility out :(
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 454, Sashaddin wrote: - Bob seems nervous scum, like post 97 below
I tried to find a bad post because I was mostly townreading everyone, I found that one. Having more time I reread it, and think I had misunderstood the content in the first place.
In post 568, bob3141 wrote:Also I find it a bit odd that you say you still think Im scum. Even though you tried to back pedal from your original vote on me. When you replied to my requstion regarding the reasoning behind your reads at teh start of the game. Where you tried to claim you missunderstood my post that you used as pretext to vote for me. With your bais for you vote being rather reachy
That what happened, didn't rememer posting this. Yes, I was reachy...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”