Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:56 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2072, RCEnigma wrote:Dammit A50, now we have to fight.
Nah. We both know we don't want to lynch Liger today. We both agree on a town core, and we probably agree on many other reads. You get to lead the town tomorrow though, so this is kind of my last wish.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:00 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

VOTE: Pops

If A50 and UR both want this then I’m on board too, though I do think Liger’s a better flip and shouldn’t ever live to lylo.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:27 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 2075, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2072, RCEnigma wrote:Dammit A50, now we have to fight.
Nah. We both know we don't want to lynch Liger today. We both agree on a town core, and we probably agree on many other reads. You get to lead the town tomorrow though, so this is kind of my last wish.
Yeah but if not today then it has to be tomorrow. If we have 4 scum and pops/Liger both flip town we're out of luck.

It's also unfortunate for pops that the wagon flips to him when he's the reason Liger isn't hammered yet.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:48 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

But that’s what makes pops fit nicely into my theory that if Liger’s Town then scum stayed off that wagon.

And yeah it’s kind of a pre-flip associative but we have 3 confTown today and I want to take advantage of our numbers while we can because scum are going to start picking us off one by one.
Liger_Zero
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:50 am

Post by Liger_Zero »

Almost & Alchemist: We have to lynch liger today, because if he is around that is going to cause issues later in the game.
Me: I agree, we should lynch me today
Almost & Alchemist: Okay lets lynch Pops.
Me: No.....thats not what we agreed to!
Liger_Zero
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Liger_Zero »

In post 2065, RCEnigma wrote:I'll fight anyone that wants a pops lynch today.
I am with you.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:58 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 2079, Liger_Zero wrote:No.....thats not what we agreed to!
To be fair I also agreed to you investigating Wisdom. Which I knew then I was going to investigate him myself anyway but yeah.
Liger_Zero
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:00 am

Post by Liger_Zero »

I think I need to use reverse psychology on you Alchemist just to get you to do what I want lol
Liger_Zero
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:00 am

Post by Liger_Zero »

Don't vote me Alchemist.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:06 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

The funny thing is that I almost made a post earlier saying that I would switch to a wagon if A50 and UR agreed to it but it got ninja’d by a post from you saying we should still lynch you anyway so I just didn’t say anything secretly hoping we would still lynch you.

But then they did agree and commit to the pops wagon anyway so here I am.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2079, Liger_Zero wrote:Me: No.....thats not what we agreed to!
With all due respect; I wouldn't count too much on my own reads if I were you. I mean, you're clearly having an off game. How about you play game and vote Pops for now?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2078, Alchemist21 wrote:But that’s what makes pops fit nicely into my theory that if Liger’s Town then scum stayed off that wagon.

And yeah it’s kind of a pre-flip associative but we have 3 confTown today and I want to take advantage of our numbers while we can because scum are going to start picking us off one by one.
Pre-flip associatives are the kind of high-risk, high-reward lines you need in a town that's behind catching up. Town is way ahead right now, so this seems like a bit of a Hail Mary in the first quarter.

If I flip town, are you going to lynch Liger the next day anyway? If lynching me will sate your paranoia and send you down the directions I've posted about (Ico, Volxen, not Liger, not RCE), I don't think I mind that much, given the lead. But I'm now very worried you are going to do Not That and follow the more common trend of not following dead townies' suggestions. See: PPG was NKed and Volxen has had a hall pass for doing whatever they like ever since. Lining up two misses and funneling dialogue in a large that already missed a full day 2 is looking like a really scary throw here.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2085, Almost50 wrote:
With all due respect; I wouldn't count too much on my own reads if I were you. I mean, you're clearly having an off game. How about you play game and vote Pops for now?
You posted from your PT that you had myself and URAP as scum. And Alchemist investigated URAP and was surprised to find that it cleared URAP. So maybe every player in this game should play with an equal dose of humility. It's a great tool against natural confirmation bias, whether you're having a bad game or the best game of your life.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Liger_Zero
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:51 am

Post by Liger_Zero »

In post 2085, Almost50 wrote:
I feel like I am playing game, and the way you guys are going expecting me to just fall in line seems pretty condescending. I was open to my lynch because I agreed with your guys analysis that me being alive would be negative in the long run, that is me saying that as town knowing I flip as town.

I don't think I am being an open against any plan that goes on, I don't agree with your analysis that pops is scum here. Maybe I am wrong, but if he flips town then we are back to where we were today and then I will feel I have to fight against my lynch.

So I really want a good reason to be voting pops and I am not seeing one here.
Liger_Zero
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:55 am

Post by Liger_Zero »

In post 1946, Almost50 wrote:^^ This is the kind of post that keeps me scum reading you independently even if I have written you out twice of being Wisdom's buddy. It's non-committal and LAMIST to the max. You're neither supporting nor opposing Liger's lynch, and it's almost like you're subtly hinting you know he's town
Like this is one of the biggest things you said about Pops, and I don't agree with this. The only thing I agree was it was non-committal but it didn't seem LAMIST. It seemed indifferent but also saying I was town and not wanting to fight it.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

What does LAMIST stand for?
"Well, I..."
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:19 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2086, popsofctown wrote:See: PPG was NKed and Volxen has had a hall pass for doing whatever they like ever since.
I was going to say this. I do prefer volxen over Pops, but I also prefer pops over liger so i didn't say it
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:20 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2087, popsofctown wrote:You posted from your PT that you had myself and URAP as scum. And Alchemist investigated URAP and was surprised to find that it cleared URAP. So maybe every player in this game should play with an equal dose of humility. It's a great tool against natural confirmation bias, whether you're having a bad game or the best game of your life.
i think i'm having a pretty okay game tbh

I was not on chenn

and i was on wisdom
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:20 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

it stands for look at me im so town
103-11 0-2
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:23 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 2086, popsofctown wrote:If I flip town, are you going to lynch Liger the next day anyway?
Probably.
In post 2088, Liger_Zero wrote:So I really want a good reason to be voting pops and I am not seeing one here.
If he’s Town, yeah we’re back to where we are with you. But there are benefits from his lynch if he’s scum. One, I think it makes you extremely likely to be Town if he flips scum based on my idea of scum avoiding the mislynch. Also if he’s scum he can probably go to endgame, and the best chance of lynching a scum pops is now while we have 3 confTown to push it.

And maybe that’s a dangerous line of thinking but there’s also this - I still strongly believe Shiro and Volxen are Town. If we add you to that list of Townreads and throw in the 3 confTown we have 6 players left in the PoE pool with 3 scum among them. So that’s a 50% chance of hitting scum. I’ll also say I have milder Townreads on Moongrass and RCE, which puts 3 scum in a pool of 4 players if I’m right.

So to me Pops makes a lot of sense as a lynch.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2094, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 2086, popsofctown wrote:If I flip town, are you going to lynch Liger the next day anyway?
Probably.
In post 2088, Liger_Zero wrote:So I really want a good reason to be voting pops and I am not seeing one here.
Also if he’s scum he can probably go to endgame, and the best chance of lynching a scum pops is now while we have 3 confTown to push it.
I don't follow your logic here. Do I have some sort of special qualities where !scumPops is harder to lynch than !scumLiger, !scumRCE, !scumShiro, any other particular slot? What is that special quality? Is it the kimono?

But more importantly I really think the logic is getting too Rube Goldberg and we're getting pretty far from urap's suggestion he made on D1 or D2 that a really good strategy is to just lynch scum.

With a lynched scum and 3 clears, -any- lynch that hits red today is close to gamewinning. Do you actually think I'm the most likely to flip red in the thread? If you do, then go with that, by all means. If not, tell me who you think the most likely to flip red in the game, and lynch that player. Connections and indirect information consequences should only ever be tiebreakers and tiny prods.

"He refused to hammer a town-aligned player*. *we haven't found out whether the player is town-aligned yet" is definitely too convoluted a case to stand on its own, so I'd want to hear something more. Bash Vedith's play, at least, before I got my role pm I was expecting I'd be getting a list of partners, to be honest.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:53 am

Post by popsofctown »

notwithstanding that I don't agree with lots of your townreads list, a final conclusion that you've worked out a blueprint for a "50%" way to win the game sounds like playing to lose.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2092, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 2087, popsofctown wrote:You posted from your PT that you had myself and URAP as scum. And Alchemist investigated URAP and was surprised to find that it cleared URAP. So maybe every player in this game should play with an equal dose of humility. It's a great tool against natural confirmation bias, whether you're having a bad game or the best game of your life.
i think i'm having a pretty okay game tbh

I was not on chenn

and i was on wisdom
Yes I wasn't addressing you and I certainly can't call "when you point a finger three fingers point back at you" on you, you haven't made a bad read yet this game (except on me, but that's only visible from my PoV). So that's why I left you out.
"Well, I..."
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Pops if you were including me in that humility statement, I bent my knee to A50 and U2 because they were in agreement about Liger and you. Just because it doesn’t work in your favor doesn’t mean the humility isn’t there. I find it incredibly scummy that you tried to defuse the wagon on yourself by attacking our credibility and shifting some focus onto Volxen, who everyone knows U2 is heavily scumreading.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2095, popsofctown wrote:But more importantly I really think the logic is getting too Rube Goldberg and we're getting pretty far from urap's suggestion he made on D1 or D2 that a really good strategy is to just lynch scum.
I do feel like this is aimed at pushing me to vote volxen which to be fair, is probabably a reasonable thing for pops to try and get me to do regardless of their alignment
103-11 0-2

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”