Micro 865: Let’s Talk About an Ongoing Game [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:54 am

Post by TheBrie »

In post 6, podoboq wrote:
In post 4, Buki wrote:there's some new faces here
The only players I have any experience with in here are TemporalLich, Umlaut, and TheBrie.
Long ago experience. Unless you have an alt I don't know about. But it was one of my best games.

Clemency only said Howdy.
VOTE: Clemency

Off to work now. Much work.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:55 am

Post by TheBrie »

@Buki I think i played with Fumuki. Red Flag, about a year ago. I was scum lynched first day. Can't actually remember how you played.

Clemency could be construed as being defensive. I can't remember how Clemency plays though. Anyway, I prefer it when people do engage in RVS, so it was as good a reason as any for voting. Better than voting Ausuka for the reads lists. (Do I get in the next one?)

It's funny to see the wildly different reads in the discussion thread. They're probably unbiased, but also not subject to in game pressure, so they don't have to temper anything or be serious.
Compare Mastina and Korina.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:55 am

Post by TheBrie »

In post 36, mastina wrote:
In post 17, TheBrie wrote:
In post 6, podoboq wrote:
In post 4, Buki wrote:there's some new faces here
The only players I have any experience with in here are TemporalLich, Umlaut, and TheBrie.
Long ago experience. Unless you have an alt I don't know about. But it was one of my best games.
Clemency only said Howdy.
Off to work now. Much work.
Town, but going to be mislynched before the end of the game. :shifty:
Thanks, but I actually don't get mislynched. (An alt was taken out by a vig, but that doesn't count)
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 49, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 48, Buki wrote:It's not really no reason but yeah, kind of a slippery rope.

VOTE: NMSA

I think this is the true most scum equity slot right now, he came to the thread and even with all this early discussion he simply goes off to make a fluff post
"early discussion" not really, there was only a handful of things to comment on last I checked, none of which were consequential enough to warrant attention. Also VOTE: Ausuka this is not RVS.
Why is it then? This vote came before Ausuka's question controversy, so it's not that.
In post 52, Ausuka wrote:
In post 49, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 48, Buki wrote:Also VOTE: Ausuka this is not RVS.
If it's not RVS you should explain it.
So your vote on me was still RVS? Especially as you quickly abandoned it?

(Also, there's a formatting issue here. It wasn't Buki who voted, it was NMSA.)
In post 55, Buki wrote:Ausuka recent posts could go either way for me

either try hard town or try hard scum

but...
In post 54, Ausuka wrote:what does "shading arguments" mean?
this is actually bad posting
Ausuka does 'bad posting' though. There a bit of a mannerism thing in there, especially with the rest of the controversy. I think it's NAI. And not the worst of questions. Sometimes its not quite clear what a person actually means. I actually wouldn't mind an answer to it myself. i know what shading is, but I don't know what NMSA was actually trying to say about Ausuka.
In post 76, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 62, RAS wrote:Buki's town.
Agree, I'd never put in the work to find evidence like that as scum.
Was that meant to be sarcasm?
I'm leaning town a little on Buki, but that comment sounds like it could be sarcasm, yet has nothing outside to indicate that it is.

UNVOTE:
No one is pinging me right now, and if people thought I actually had a scum read on Clemency... Actually it's probably my fault if they did.. I shouldn't give a stupid justification for my RVS votes unless I want the thing actually discussed.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 42, Ausuka wrote:
In post 34, TheBrie wrote:Clemency could be construed as being defensive.
I don't get what this means really. "could be construed" as being defensive? Do you believe it or not?

Also I get what Clemency is saying and I don't think his pov is scummy at all.
Nah. I don't. It was a comment along the lines of "Hey, if I or anyone else were looking for more stupid reasons to vote Clemency, we could say he's defensive. Because he's actually responding as if I really cared whether he had a reason or not. And thus defending himself."
And now by that definition, I'm being defensive. I do think you care.
Also I was tired. Far too close to midnight.
In post 39, TemporalLich wrote: Asides from my answer to Buki's question being a point against TheBrie, the rest of her ISO is pretty much "I don't get mislynched"
I'm not allowed to reply to comments in the discussion thread? Honestly I don't know how I've never been mislynched.
In post 60, RAS wrote: I dislike Brie's defensive comment towards Clemency in . I don't feel like he was being defensive in any way and it's a bit far-fetched to call that defensive.
I'm not sure if I like it either.
(Wait, were you saying I was defensive? I though I didn't start that until now. :] )
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 48, Korina wrote:
In post 27, YyottaCat wrote:Because that loks like an excuse(#25)……………VOTE: Clemency
???
This vote doesn't make sense to me. I could see it being RVS, but... even then... like... wtf?
Agreed.
Korina wrote:
In post 34, TheBrie wrote:It's funny to see the wildly different reads in the discussion thread. They're probably unbiased, but also not subject to in game pressure, so they don't have to temper anything or be serious.
Compare Mastina and Korina.
What about us?
Just the disparity of your reads. Not you as people.
Korina wrote:
In post 48, Buki wrote:It's not really no reason but yeah, kind of a slippery rope.

VOTE: NMSA

I think this is the true most scum equity slot right now, he came to the thread and even with all this early discussion he simply goes off to make a fluff post
Honestly agreeing on this.
Might be a point.

Been pinged now. Kinda.
VOTE: YyottaCat

Also, I meant to say I townread RAS.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:05 am

Post by TheBrie »

So I see the argument for TemporalLich being scum and it makes sense. But I also feel like I might just be getting carried away by what everone else said and at time point in the day you certainly don't need a blind sheep to come and hammer.

Looked at some of the players I don't know. Yyottacat is newish, posting so far seem typical early game, and should contain more usefulness in the future. I now don't expect much more from Clemency whatever his alignment.

And now I'm going back to enjoying my weekend.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:29 am

Post by TheBrie »

In post 161, YyottaCat wrote:*But nobody came*
Does that mean something?
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:26 am

Post by TheBrie »

Can't talk now. I had a full day of work and was out in the evening. 11:30 pm now and have the same work again tomorrow. I'll make some time tomorrow evening, as posting when I'm tired can have poor outcomes. I think Moongrass is town though on initial impression.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:36 am

Post by TheBrie »

In post 99, podoboq wrote:Hmm, I hadn't disected why I was killed that hard. I assumed it was just because I had decent reads and scum didn't want me to participate, but that doesn't really make sense because they didn't stop me from doing that.

Best guess is actually that scum
didn't
think I was a likely mislynch. I have a tendency to obvtown some of the time, and people who've played with me, like Fumuki, would know that, and have a reason to nightkill me.

Umlaut and TheBrie both saw me do that as scum. I don't think they've played with town!me before.
Oh, I'll say something anyway. Interesting line of thought.
I think podoboq is saying he obv towns as both alignments, but I'm not sure. My games with him were so long ago I forget his alignment. Maybe one of each. Checked and that's kind of it, but he died night one in the town game. And it's been too long to any information to be of use.about two years.

Night.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:09 am

Post by TheBrie »

In post 107, podoboq wrote:OK, but really guys, I think Fumuki is scum, and I don't think the players are reading this thread anymore.
I'm reading it now. But work hasn't given me time to analyze anything. Haven't done much more than gut reading and I'm usually rubbish at that. Not trying niw as I should be sleeping.
Why'd you think he's scum.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:10 am

Post by TheBrie »

Managed to tap submit when trying to put a question mark on the question.

Why do you think Fumaki is scum?
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:58 pm

Post by TheBrie »

Ausuka's argument for why Yyotta is scum sounds alright. NMSA's vote comment could be what Moongrass thinks, or could come from town who by POE thinks it's unlikely both Ausuka and Yyotta are town, and that it's more likely Ausuka is scum constructing a fake argument than town who is wrong. But still think Yyotta is more likely scum.

I'll mostly likely vote Yyotta, but I need to run ISOs first, and I'm certainly not ready for the day to be over.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:14 pm

Post by TheBrie »

And I do want to consider Fumuki due to podoboq's unbiased opinion. So ISO.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:48 am

Post by TheBrie »

What I got from ISO. Too tired to interpret it. Tomorrow sometime.

Ausuka: Is not scum with buki/fumuki. Interaction with TemporalLich felt towny.

Buki/Fumuki: Not sure about what to think about the Ausuka shading debacle. don't think he's scum with Yyotta either. I'm not pocketed here. Action around Temporal lynch didn't feel towny. His reads shift a little on NMSA and Moongrass, but reasonably.

Clemency: Not enough to get a feel from him, but not out of character or scummy.

RAS/Moongrass: RAS read on Buki feels real. Was one of Temporal's scum reads. He was a bit heavy with his own scum reads of Temporal. He scum read podoboq too. Then Moongrass comes in and I overall get strong town feels. The reads feel natural. The initial town read on Ausuka less so, but how it changed wasn't scummy.

NMSA: His posts aren't especially towny and I can see that it's suspicious how he was around the temporal lynch, but [url+viewtopic.php?p=10890894#p10890894]Post #141[/url] shows that he had so good reasoning behind voting there. There's also a feel around him that makes me doubt he's scum. He's sort of too blatant about what he does. Maybe. Temporal though he was town so that's a plus.

podoboq: Besides his posthumous scum read on fumuki, he might have had a slight scum lean on Yyotta.

TemporalLich: I sort of want to go by his lead rist, but it seems too easy, and I do know better than to trust town to read accurately. I wonder what he would have though of Yyotta's hammer. He didn't say anything. Don't follow why he changed his read on fubuki either.

the brie: (Yes, I isoed myself.) Past me wasn't that helpful. My scum lean on Temporal came from the mixed influence of podoboq, RAS and Fumuki. Not sure what that means.

Yyotta: Basically terrible, but also not against town meta. wish they'd say something.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:54 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 228, Clemency wrote:big oof
Can't you at least attempt to do something useful? Don't skate by on the fact that you're no one's major scum read.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:20 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 230, Ausuka wrote:i don't really think it's very fair for someone to have to replace into yyottaslot here
Are you suggesting we lynch it first then? That's maybe less fair.
In post 231, Clemency wrote:
In post 229, TheBrie wrote:
In post 228, Clemency wrote:big oof
Can't you at least attempt to do something useful? Don't skate by on the fact that you're no one's major scum read.
but that's like my whole thing
Do you want me to vote you? Please give thoughts about something.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:39 am

Post by TheBrie »

When exactly was I pushing a policy lynch? I'm not trying to push anything but people's involvement.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:39 am

Post by TheBrie »

In post 239, TrainDriver wrote:
In post 238, TheBrie wrote:When exactly was I pushing a policy lynch? I'm not trying to push anything but people's involvement.
Just in time to be included in this post.
In post 224, TheBrie wrote:Ausuka's argument for why Yyotta is scum sounds alright. NMSA's vote comment could be what Moongrass thinks, or could come from town who by POE thinks it's unlikely both Ausuka and Yyotta are town, and that it's more likely Ausuka is scum constructing a fake argument than town who is wrong. But still think Yyotta is more likely scum.

I'll mostly likely vote Yyotta, but I need to run ISOs first, and I'm certainly not ready for the day to be over.
You think that Ausuka's case is "alright" when it is clearly a policy lynch.
i meant the part where she said that if Yyotta was town, there would be less resistance, and that scum would have lynched it. But now considering that there's not been mush time and that scum can't lynch anyone without town help, it's at least as likely to have been held back by cautious townies.

I thought there was a chance you were referring to my response to Ausuka possible wanting to policy lynch the slot since it was getting replaced. If you'd done that it really would have been misconstruing me. But I don't think you were.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:49 am

Post by TheBrie »

Ausuka may be tunneling here, but it's very honest sounding. I think she believes what she's saying. (Yes, I am echoing Moongrass, thanks for noticing. Moongrass is town.)

In post 252, Flavor Leaf wrote:226 looks super political to me, but maybe that’s just gut.

I feel I’ve gut read Brie as scum correctly before, though, but I don’t have a lot of familiarity with a decent amount of players here.
You mean the time when I was a serial killer?

I like Flavour's entry, but I'm not sure I can read him. He does sound like this at town, but previously I thought he was manipulative, and shot him because his reads were wrong.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (isolation #20) » Sat May 04, 2019 10:56 am

Post by TheBrie »

Sorry for not being on, and being pretty out of it this game. I've had a busy few days. Guests, being out, booking international airfares and more work than usual.
I've still got to catch up.
I was on a couple days ago, but didn't post because I wanted to check with the mod about something. I did not vote for Train Driver. I haven't voted since Day 1.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (isolation #21) » Sat May 04, 2019 11:06 am

Post by TheBrie »

I'm still in just woke up mode, but skimming neither rules out the possibily of a Flavour Ausuka team, or makes it seem more likely. Flavour sounds like toen trying to figure stuff out than scum trying to push just anything, and I'm not paranoid.

If we lynch Clem and he's town, he deserves it for not trying. I'm not saying policy lynch him. This is a terrible time for a policy lynch.

I need to look at the vote count throughout today to figure out what Flavour was on about.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (isolation #22) » Sat May 04, 2019 11:14 am

Post by TheBrie »

Explain NMSA town read.

Also, DT people, when I said I don't get mislynched, that comment was kind of a joke. It's true, but I have no idea why I've never been mislynched. It's not because I have super skills.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (isolation #23) » Sat May 04, 2019 11:33 am

Post by TheBrie »

ISOed him. I see what you mean. Also liked his comment about scum!you pocketing him. Like him, I'll take the risk.
Which leaves Clem/Ausuka as my solve. Seems too easy to just come on, make two town reads and have it by POE.
Not that there's no other reason to have them as scum.
Ausuka pushing the TrainDriver lynch.

NMSA, why'd you lynch Train when you did? Also, I wish you'd noticed that when you first voted for him, it was counted as mine. (Or something like that)

But the shift in play for NMSA does make sense from a townie who hammered town and is now trying to pull a win from Lylo.

We're all terrible.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (isolation #24) » Sat May 04, 2019 11:33 am

Post by TheBrie »

Yes, but not now. Must eat breakfast, clean the house and build things. Be back later.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #25) » Sat May 04, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by TheBrie »

No really. I'm busy. And what would I want Clemency for?

Asking if I'd vote someone is obviously a test. I'd vote Clem too. But not taking time in Lylo has been lethal.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (isolation #26) » Sat May 04, 2019 11:32 pm

Post by TheBrie »

No one's voting? I'm slightly surprised.

Oooh, paranoid phrasing. I'll have to ask you for specific later.

After ISOing Ausuka, I can't shake the feeling that they're town. But that means I'm wrong abut either NMSA or Flavour. I think Flavour could trick me easier, but he'd also have to be tricking NMSA and Ausuka and be scum with Clem and I don't buy that.

Flavour, why have you changed in your reads so much? You had said Clemency sounded like town, you had listened to Ausuka more. Is Ausuka scum just POE?
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (isolation #27) » Sat May 04, 2019 11:37 pm

Post by TheBrie »

Thinking about it, a world in which there's two scum outside of Clemency and I can't see them is one where I don't deserve to win. Also, if Flavour were scum I think he'd have gotten somewhere by now, and NMSA/Ausuka is highly unlikely. Though I suppose when there's only three people active, and you need three votes, you can only lynch the people who aren't around. But still, Flavour is town. Clemency has to be scum.

Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #28) » Sun May 05, 2019 1:06 am

Post by TheBrie »

Sympathy. I still think I town read him, but if I'm wrong and you're town, Flavour has been very clever and manipulative, and of course you're mad at yourself.

But I don't feel manipulated. So If I'm wrong, sorry.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (isolation #29) » Sun May 05, 2019 10:16 am

Post by TheBrie »

Good job scum.
I should have known better than to vote then, but I was afraid of getting more heavily scum read. And I didn't care enough.

Earlier in the day I nearly decided to lynch Ausuka over Clemency because that'd cover the slight chance of Ausuka/Flavour. But I didn't think it was the case, and didn't want to look like I was protecting Clemency. And then I started town reading Ausuka. I always misunderestimated Ausuka.

If we had lynched Ausuka, we'd probably have won. Cause town!Flavour should have been the nk.
If we'd lynched Ausuka, who'd you have night killed? (Considering I'd have been in smart mode)
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #30) » Sun May 05, 2019 10:18 am

Post by TheBrie »

This type of lylo is why I don't like mountainous so much. I do better with logic and understanding what went on in a night than with gut reading.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (isolation #31) » Sun May 05, 2019 10:56 pm

Post by TheBrie »

You might have been able to convince one of us that Flavor wasn't killed to cause WIFOM. But I think I would have gotten it once I had the association to go off.
Show

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”