Mini 2074: Madness at Port Arthur (Game Over)

Fuscezu
Fuscezu
Goon
Fuscezu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 4:08 am

Post by Fuscezu »

In post 193, insomnia wrote:what's faphing
faffing around i.e. spending an inordinate amount of time accomplishing not much of worth.
Fuscezu
Fuscezu
Goon
Fuscezu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 4:09 am

Post by Fuscezu »

In post 198, insomnia wrote:Big Thanos Boi snaps his fingers.
Ive never seen a single avengers movie. Although ironically I know all the spoilers for Endgame.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 4:57 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 177, RCEnigma wrote:That makes two of us. However this is a different setting, I'm one of the strongest players she had to face off against and I'd argue most if not all present are better players than me. I don't expect her to panic but I also don't expect her to be so dismissive of early scumreads on her slot. It's not a strong read but my initial impression.

I'm always going to default to town side on slots that try to transition out of rvs unless it's generating social reads, which I didn't get from this game. Plus Shiidaji proposing the persivul/irrel team read townie to me because it's a nontown statement if that makes sense.

What I mean is it's considered antitown to make assumptions around preflip associations and I think Shiidaji is cognizant of that. So at best it's an attention grabbing statement that scum generally avoid. Also it encourages town to consider new perspectives which opens the door for scumhunting even if it isn't directly done by him. I dont know if that was really the intention but that doesn't change my mind all too much.
If you’re town I think you’re wrong in townreading Shiidaji for early play
If you’re scum, though, interestingly I think you’re spewing Shiidaji town a little bit here
I guess all I’m saying here is scum!RCE makes me think town!Shii but town!RCE doesn’t affect my Shii read
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 4:58 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 171, Miss Kobayashi Maru wrote:today i townishly slept through all my alarms, townishly rushed to work, put in a good full towny day, townily went to the gym afterward and then returned home where I am now. reading the thread and striving to do so with the same townish zeal I put into everything else I did today
Totes locktown
Actually though I have basically no read aside from a slight tonal townread here
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 5:00 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 165, RCEnigma wrote:With that said I'm on the other side of the fence from both of you since I think CC is probably town on demeanor and I kind of like shiidaji.
Talk to me more about CC “town on demeanor” and explain why it’s more likely than “newbscum playing the part of cheerful-newb”
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:05 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 125, skitter30 wrote:i'm pretty sure the rules say that v/la should be pm'd and not posted in thread; it kinda makes sense for this to follow your post pointing out that this game has plurality lynching - he probably went back to read the rule post and then saw the thing about v/la so mentioned it
That's either an uncannily keen observation...or you read ahead and are only pretending to be doing a post by post catch-up.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:08 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 135, skitter30 wrote:i kinda feel like the op meant for the jk's to be alignment neutral, but the below kinda slipped/insinuated by mistake taht they're town-aligned (or, at the very least, that the jk's being alive is helpful to town which would imply that they're probably not scum). i'm not sure if we were supposed ot have that info tho
I don't get this. I don't see how mod accidentally typed the sentence, or why you would even speculate about that.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:19 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 175, Miss Kobayashi Maru wrote:I'm surprised at you handing her a townread so easily after that last newbie game
Why, did she play a good scum game? What number was it?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:22 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 179, ClearlyClarity wrote:Feels like a lot of the experienced ones are debating mafia theory rather than anything about this game too so I'm kinda just hoping for a brainwave rn.
This feels like an excuse not to post. There's been some setup spec, but not that much. And personally when I was a newbie I was pretty interested in role mechanics. Why aren't you?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:28 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 180, funkybike1 wrote:
Debating theory/outguessing the mod always tends to be a thing in these games. It very rarely works.
The text of the OP regarding the Jailkeepers was intentional; this is
not
a confirmation that both are Town.
Oh come on. You mentioned it publicly for a reason.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:29 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 202, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 177, RCEnigma wrote:That makes two of us. However this is a different setting, I'm one of the strongest players she had to face off against and I'd argue most if not all present are better players than me. I don't expect her to panic but I also don't expect her to be so dismissive of early scumreads on her slot. It's not a strong read but my initial impression.

I'm always going to default to town side on slots that try to transition out of rvs unless it's generating social reads, which I didn't get from this game. Plus Shiidaji proposing the persivul/irrel team read townie to me because it's a nontown statement if that makes sense.

What I mean is it's considered antitown to make assumptions around preflip associations and I think Shiidaji is cognizant of that. So at best it's an attention grabbing statement that scum generally avoid. Also it encourages town to consider new perspectives which opens the door for scumhunting even if it isn't directly done by him. I dont know if that was really the intention but that doesn't change my mind all too much.
If you’re town I think you’re wrong in townreading Shiidaji for early play
If you’re scum, though, interestingly I think you’re spewing Shiidaji town a little bit here
I guess all I’m saying here is scum!RCE makes me think town!Shii but town!RCE doesn’t affect my Shii read
Yeah if you're reading Shiidaji scummy then it's implied you think I'm wrong. But that itself doesn't make me wrong.

Besides scum!me doesn't vouch for both of Shiidaji and CC.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:31 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 204, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 165, RCEnigma wrote:With that said I'm on the other side of the fence from both of you since I think CC is probably town on demeanor and I kind of like shiidaji.
Talk to me more about CC “town on demeanor” and explain why it’s more likely than “newbscum playing the part of cheerful-newb”
Because it was indifferent newb. Which is imo bolder and less likely from someone that may feel outclassed.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:33 am

Post by Persivul »

Debating theory/outguessing the mod always tends to be a thing in these games. It very rarely works.
not

VOTE COUNT
7 of 13 votes are required to lynch.
Shiidaji (3):
Chara, Irrelephant11, tris
skitter30 (2):
Persivul, insomnia
Irrelephant11 (2):
Shiidaji, RCEnigma
Fuscezu (1):
Smile
Miss Kobayashi Maru (1):
ClearlyClarity
ceejayvinoya (1):
skitter30
ClearlyClarity (1):
Miss Kobayashi Maru
Not Voting (2):
Fuscezu, ceejayvinoya
Deadline is in (expired on 2019-05-22 12:00:00)

In post 189, insomnia wrote:Can someone make a scum case on ceejay? I thought his unvote looked townie, I don't get all the votes on him
All the votes? There's one. Someone's not reading the thread, but trying to act all townie by challenging a (nonexistent) wagon.

VOTE: insomnia
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:39 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 212, Persivul wrote:
not

VOTE COUNT
7 of 13 votes are required to lynch.
Shiidaji (3):
Chara, Irrelephant11, tris
skitter30 (2):
Persivul, insomnia
Irrelephant11 (2):
Shiidaji, RCEnigma
Fuscezu (1):
Smile
Miss Kobayashi Maru (1):
ClearlyClarity
ceejayvinoya (1):
skitter30
ClearlyClarity (1):
Miss Kobayashi Maru
Not Voting (2):
Fuscezu, ceejayvinoya
Deadline is in (expired on 2019-05-22 12:00:00)

In post 189, insomnia wrote:Can someone make a scum case on ceejay? I thought his unvote looked townie, I don't get all the votes on him
All the votes? There's one. Someone's not reading the thread, but trying to act all townie by challenging a (nonexistent) wagon.

VOTE: insomnia
votes, suspicions, I'm playing 3 games atm and 2 on another site
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:42 am

Post by insomnia »

It feels rather shallow to vote based on such a weak push. Did you even read my other posts or you saw something that you could've easily jumped on?

You put words in my mouth in the beginning and now are pushing me based on not paying attention.

VOTE: Persivul

Bring it dude, you picked the wrong tunnel
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:47 am

Post by Persivul »

Spoiler:
In post 187, insomnia wrote:
In post 176, Miss Kobayashi Maru wrote:
In post 168, ClearlyClarity wrote:tris — thoughts on this after skitter posted and MKM still has not?
even if you took that seriously I'm really confused what thought process led to this post

VOTE: Clarity

delayed OMGUS ftw
I feel like this is a safe spot where scum would park their vote for a while, I'm getting weird vibes off of this.

VOTE: Miss Kobaamwgmagmwam [/v]
In post 188, insomnia wrote:VOTE: Miss Kobayamfasmmwaghoahwpa

there ya go

I'm waiting for a little more content as I don't like your posts thus far

One could say exactly the same about your push and vote above.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:48 am

Post by insomnia »

Like you're starting to piss me off, every game you're pushing me based on shitty reasons. It feels like I'm more of a policy than anything.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:49 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 215, Persivul wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 187, insomnia wrote:
In post 176, Miss Kobayashi Maru wrote:
In post 168, ClearlyClarity wrote:tris — thoughts on this after skitter posted and MKM still has not?
even if you took that seriously I'm really confused what thought process led to this post

VOTE: Clarity

delayed OMGUS ftw
I feel like this is a safe spot where scum would park their vote for a while, I'm getting weird vibes off of this.

VOTE: Miss Kobaamwgmagmwam [/v]
In post 188, insomnia wrote:VOTE: Miss Kobayamfasmmwaghoahwpa

there ya go

I'm waiting for a little more content as I don't like your posts thus far

One could say exactly the same about your push and vote above.
I'm voting for pressure, you're voting a scum read based on not paying attention. There's a huge difference in between the two, and you distorting it is lame af.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:53 am

Post by insomnia »

you ran away?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Persivul »

Because I didn't post for 6 minutes?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:59 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 211, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 204, Irrelephant11 wrote:
Because it was indifferent newb. Which is imo bolder and less likely from someone that may feel outclassed.
Show me which posts give you “indifferent” vibes

Also my point about Shiidaji is not just that I disagree with you about your read on Shii (I don’t feel especially strongly about Shii yet anyway), just that your reasons for townreading Shii are bad imo
Miss Kobayashi Maru
Miss Kobayashi Maru
Goon
Miss Kobayashi Maru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Miss Kobayashi Maru »

In post 178, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 176, Miss Kobayashi Maru wrote:even if you took that seriously I'm really confused what thought process led to this post
shh i'm dumb today
It's just that it felt sorta like a leading question to me. Like you expected Tris to be townreading skitter and scumreading me for not posting or something

idk why you'd do that as scum, but I'm confused by it in general. Especially since you know I'm often not available until the evening and it's weird to see you talking to somebody else about my lack of activity as if you aren't aware of that
"Come in" she said, I'll give ya shelter from the storm
Miss Kobayashi Maru
Miss Kobayashi Maru
Goon
Miss Kobayashi Maru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:19 am

In post 207, Persivul wrote:
In post 175, Miss Kobayashi Maru wrote:I'm surprised at you handing her a townread so easily after that last newbie game

It's less to do with with how she played, and more that RCE and I both badly misread her early in the game. I repped out and didn't really read Day 2 so I'm not sure if he ended up fixing his read on her later on, but the experience made me more inclined to be paranoid of her and I was surprised RCE wasn't feeling the same way.
Miss Kobayashi Maru
Miss Kobayashi Maru
Goon
Miss Kobayashi Maru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:23 am

In post 208, Persivul wrote:
In post 179, ClearlyClarity wrote:Feels like a lot of the experienced ones are debating mafia theory rather than anything about this game too so I'm kinda just hoping for a brainwave rn.
This feels like an excuse not to post. There's been some setup spec, but not that much. And personally when I was a newbie I was pretty interested in role mechanics. Why aren't you?
FWIW

as an identically new player I'm interested in the setup stuff but don't really feel like I can participate in it or constructively comment on it, so I can understand it contributing to newbie stage fright
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:25 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 207, Persivul wrote:
Newbie 1924, and no. I didn't play well, but I got off the radar until PoE. RCE pegged me as an early townread due to my relaxed and cheerful posting
Call me whatever you want...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”