Mini 2074: Madness at Port Arthur (Game Over)

ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:26 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 208, Persivul wrote:
In post 179, ClearlyClarity wrote:Feels like a lot of the experienced ones are debating mafia theory rather than anything about this game too so I'm kinda just hoping for a brainwave rn.
This feels like an excuse not to post. There's been some setup spec, but not that much. And personally when I was a newbie I was pretty interested in role mechanics. Why aren't you?
Because I'm not you. :] I keep to myself in games I'm not confident about.
Call me whatever you want...
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:28 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

I am actually quite interested in the mechanics of this game, though. What's the usual meta for Mini Theme games that have a closed setup?
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:31 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 221, Miss Kobayashi Maru wrote:
In post 178, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 176, Miss Kobayashi Maru wrote:even if you took that seriously I'm really confused what thought process led to this post
shh i'm dumb today
It's just that it felt sorta like a leading question to me. Like you expected Tris to be townreading skitter and scumreading me for not posting or something

idk why you'd do that as scum, but I'm confused by it in general. Especially since you know I'm often not available until the evening and it's weird to see you talking to somebody else about my lack of activity as if you aren't aware of that
(Don't make fun of me for this, but) I didn't mention that you had been at work when I questioned tris because I was suspicious of that reading based on complete lack of inactivity, but — it's irrelevant now, it was a joke that sailed over my head like a headless flying chicken.
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:33 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 223, Miss Kobayashi Maru wrote:
In post 208, Persivul wrote:
In post 179, ClearlyClarity wrote:Feels like a lot of the experienced ones are debating mafia theory rather than anything about this game too so I'm kinda just hoping for a brainwave rn.
This feels like an excuse not to post. There's been some setup spec, but not that much. And personally when I was a newbie I was pretty interested in role mechanics. Why aren't you?
FWIW

as an identically new player I'm interested in the setup stuff but don't really feel like I can participate in it or constructively comment on it, so I can understand it contributing to newbie stage fright
I missed this post, but yeah, this sums it up
Smile
Smile
Goon
Smile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:34 am

Post by Smile »

Hellooo I'm here and this is completely unrelated but I just became a corporate slave wooooohoooo

catching up

btw Cure Happy's busy lately but she'll show up.

- Cure March
Smile
Smile
Goon
Smile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Smile »

In post 94, ClearlyClarity wrote:three people: -comments on arbitrary scumminess of an innocent intro post-
me: -old man shrug meme-
In post 82, tris wrote:@Clarity Are you town? And, does anything from anyone stick out to you?
No point in answering the first question. :D

I like the Pretty Cure hydra. Y'all are neat.
I feel like if a new-ish player is a wolf then they would sound a little bit more tense than Clarity here? (yes pocket me harder)
idk her meta but she gains magical girl points from March

- Cure March
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:39 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 1, funkybike1 wrote:Game-Specific Information and Role Interactions
37. This is a closed setup... for the most part. Some elements of the setup are public and listed below.
38. There are two Jailkeepers in this setup. The first time they both target each other, they are both protected. The second and subsequent times, they are both roleblocked and not protected.
39. The Mafia is the only groupscum faction in this game. There may or may not be additional scum or third-party factions.
40. There are no bastard elements in this game; I will never deliberately lie to you outside the bounds of normal gameplay. All investigative roles are Sane unless they are explicitly told they have a chance to be non-Sane.
41. There are no Cults, Survivors, Jesters, or Unjesters. The role you receive is the role and alignment you will have for the entire game unless your role PM specifically tells you otherwise.
42. This game begins on Night 0. No killing actions may be taken on Night 0, but all other Night actions may take place.
K so I have a couple questions regarding this:

- I saw the speculation on the alignment of the double JK earlier but I've never suspected that they could be any alignment other than town. If mod wanted roleblocking scum, wouldn't they just make them Mafia RB? Unless mod wanted to purposely misread town by making one scum JK?
- If mafia is the only groupscum faction and there's additional scum, does that mean that scum is in a third-party? Are they the only scum of that hypothetical third-party?
- Third-party factions indicate roles like SK or Survivor iirc? I haven't ever played in any games with those roles, what's the meta?
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:39 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 230, Smile wrote:I feel like if a new-ish player is a wolf then they would sound a little bit more tense than Clarity here? (yes pocket me harder)
idk her meta but she gains magical girl points from March
Yes! I've always wanted magical girl points. :cool:
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:40 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

Mislead*, not misread
Smile
Smile
Goon
Smile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Smile »

Yeah man I'm not feeling CJ's posts

- Cure March

@Clarity Meh I've seen Mafia have roles they normally don't get to be mindfucky in terms of set up spec. Not like mafia JK isn't common anyway
Smile
Smile
Goon
Smile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:49 am

Post by Smile »

In post 101, Fuscezu wrote:#realtalk

insomnia seems too eager
irrel is playing a game I dont really like but cant call scum
percy is looking nulltown
Im tired of the sailor moon bit already
I wish clarity would have not mentioned how new they were. I get paranoid about small things.
i get you on insomnia
it's almost fight-picky in a wolfy way

You'll have to deal with someone else for calling us sailor moon later
- March
Smile
Smile
Goon
Smile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 10:01 am

Post by Smile »

wow I don't find anything else except for this 1v1 between insomnia and percy recently

in which case, :popcorn:

(btw the way insomnia didn't immediately retaliate and instead voted in a second post loses magical girl points for him. I refer to 213 and 214)

- march
Smile
Smile
Goon
Smile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 10:01 am

Post by Smile »

In post 236, Smile wrote:wow I don't find anything else except for this 1v1 between insomnia and percy recently
interesting

(btw the way insomnia didn't immediately retaliate and instead voted in a second post loses magical girl points for him. I refer to 213 and 214)

- march
I accidentally a word
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 11:49 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 167, tris wrote:
In post 153, skitter30 wrote:
In post 83, tris wrote:Also, skitter's response to the wagon is very scummy.
not sure scum!tris says this really?
Why not?
In post 159, Fuscezu wrote:
In post 158, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: ceejay

yay caught up :)
rather like this vote. I felt that I was premature for thinking ceejay was kind of wagonhunting, but this helps.
This feels like a town thought process.

-----------------------------

Goodnight all!
idk
doesn't feel like something scum!you would have said in the 911 emergency game
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 11:51 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 170, ClearlyClarity wrote:I knew that.

:facepalm:
i mean ... if you thought tris was being serious what did you think about the quality of the read (that she thought my silence was scummy and MKM's was townie) ... like did that make sense to u at the time? did it affect how you read tris?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 11:54 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 179, ClearlyClarity wrote:Tbh I'm a bit intimidated by the amount of clearly experienced players in a bigger game than I'm used to, not to mention it's a semi-closed setup. Feels like a lot of the experienced ones are debating mafia theory rather than anything about this game too so I'm kinda just hoping for a brainwave rn.
don't feel intimidated, other people here just played a few more games than you, is all :) in a few games from now *you'll* be the experienced player :)

wrt the latter sentence - i feel like a lot of the discussion has been about this game too? not sure that mafia theory has really been dominating this game so far. where do u see that happening?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 11:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 181, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 146, skitter30 wrote:
In post 81, ceejayvinoya wrote:Hi I'm around :P

VOTE: Chara

Her posts are dull.
what do u mean by 'dull'?
Their early posts were not interesting.

Which struck me as blending in for some reason.
i'm not sure i agree with u that chara's early posts were not interesting

i'm also not sure that that having 'not interesting' posts is indicative of trying to blend in?
Show
Hiatus once more.

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 11:57 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 94, ClearlyClarity wrote:three people: -comments on arbitrary scumminess of an innocent intro post-
me: -old man shrug meme-
In post 82, tris wrote:@Clarity Are you town? And, does anything from anyone stick out to you?
No point in answering the first question. :D

I like the Pretty Cure hydra. Y'all are neat.
This was the only post in retrospect. But not attempting to pander to her scumreaders came off town to me.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 11:58 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 220, Irrelephant11 wrote:Also my point about Shiidaji is not just that I disagree with you about your read on Shii (I don’t feel especially strongly about Shii yet anyway), just that your reasons for townreading Shii are bad imo
Ok. What makes them bad?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 182, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 154, skitter30 wrote:
In post 100, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 96, Chara wrote:i like them too. it's cute.

Shiidaji: i liked insomnia's entrance and agreed with what he said about both elephant and Percy, two players i'm townreading so far. and he feels good, feels organic.
you feel marginally less good and less organic with the focus you've chosen right now, and i have to echo insomnia's point of you appearing to make judgements based on what you think someone's playstyle should be rather than what it actually is. you can contrast that with what i feel from insomnia with a genuine desire to understand.

it's great to see you as well! i hope we can have a fun game together again. <3
This is an improvement.

UNVOTE:
i dont' like this trajectory on chara much at all really
I don't like that you don't like this.

Can you elaborate?

I'm terrible at physics.
you voted them for having 'dull' posts.
chara's posts became better in (i presume u mean have more content? more original takes?), so you unvoted

i kinda felt like your chara vote was at least semi-serious but when you pushed there and they posted content you just ... dropped the vote without engaging anywhere else. i feel like town, who finds that their semi-serious vote (which presumably was used to try to pressure and/or push someone, like you did with chara here, by voting them for having 'dull' posts) becomes invalidated or negated for whatever reason, would then try to find some other place to engage or push (not necessarily by voting again but by at least pushing/engaging elsewhere) but you didn't

your engagement just kinda fizzled out there when you dropped the chara vote and it felt kinda .... flat. or like lacking the inquisitive mindset that prompts town to sort people

idk i hope that makes sense

what don't you like about the fact that i didn't like this
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 12:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 205, Persivul wrote:
In post 125, skitter30 wrote:i'm pretty sure the rules say that v/la should be pm'd and not posted in thread; it kinda makes sense for this to follow your post pointing out that this game has plurality lynching - he probably went back to read the rule post and then saw the thing about v/la so mentioned it
That's either an uncannily keen observation...or you read ahead and are only pretending to be doing a post by post catch-up.
i'm good at noticing/putting together details like this
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 206, Persivul wrote:
In post 135, skitter30 wrote:i kinda feel like the op meant for the jk's to be alignment neutral, but the below kinda slipped/insinuated by mistake taht they're town-aligned (or, at the very least, that the jk's being alive is helpful to town which would imply that they're probably not scum). i'm not sure if we were supposed ot have that info tho
I don't get this. I don't see how mod accidentally typed the sentence, or why you would even speculate about that.
idk
In post 2, funkybike1 wrote:Since I'm sure at least one of you skimmed through the rules: There are two Jailkeepers. I suggest that the Town try and keep them alive.
the tone of this kinda read to me: this is important info and i don't want you to miss it (and thus not be careful about trying to keep them alive, which would be bad for town) which is why i'm highlighting it so pay attention!!!!!!
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 226, ClearlyClarity wrote:I am actually quite interested in the mechanics of this game, though.
What's the usual meta for Mini Theme games that have a closed setup?
i'd love to answer but i don't understand the question, sorry
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 236, Smile wrote:wow I don't find anything else except for this 1v1 between insomnia and percy recently

- march
i kinda think insomnia is town actually
why is he less townie for voting in the second post?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Smile
Smile
Goon
Smile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by Smile »

In post 248, skitter30 wrote:

- march
i kinda think insomnia is town actually
why is he less townie for voting in the second post?
It feels like an afterthought
like "oh yeah I'd normally scumread the guy in a similar situation"

- March

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”