Mini 2074: Madness at Port Arthur (Game Over)

Smile
Smile
Goon
Smile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by Smile »

Enlighten me on the insomnia read though?

- March
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 231, ClearlyClarity wrote:- I saw the speculation on the alignment of the double JK earlier but I've never suspected that they could be any alignment other than town. If mod wanted roleblocking scum, wouldn't they just make them Mafia RB? Unless mod wanted to purposely misread town by making one scum JK?
- If mafia is the only groupscum faction and there's additional scum, does that mean that scum is in a third-party? Are they the only scum of that hypothetical third-party?
- Third-party factions indicate roles like SK or Survivor iirc? I haven't ever played in any games with those roles, what's the meta?
a) scum jk aren't particularly uncommon and fit a bit of a different setup niche scum rb; being a jk is not inherently town indicative

b) groupscum with the possibility of more scum to be indicates that this game isn't multiball and that any other scum outside the groupscum would be by themselves (ie not part of another scum group)

c) sk is probably the most common (scum unaligned with groupscum who can kill); i've seen survivor too (some varient of needing to survive till endgame); other types of 3p exist but i'm not recalling any offhand

actually as i write this i'm remembering krazy's starcraft mafia 1 which had 2 3p's, each of which were unaligned with each other and groupscum. one was a witch (can control another player and force them to take their action on someone else) and the other was arson (which iirc think is a specific type of sk varient in that they can douse people at night and then choose a night for everyone they doused to die, or somethign along those lines).
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 249, Smile wrote:
In post 248, skitter30 wrote:
In post 236, Smile wrote:wow I don't find anything else except for this 1v1 between insomnia and percy recently

in which case, :popcorn:

(btw the way insomnia didn't immediately retaliate and instead voted in a second post loses magical girl points for him. I refer to 213 and 214)

- march
i kinda think insomnia is town actually
why is he less townie for voting in the second post?
It feels like an afterthought
like "oh yeah I'd normally scumread the guy in a similar situation"

- March
i can kinda see the afterthought bit but like i've definitely seen town do something similar (ie not vote immediately, but shortly thereafter); i've done that; sometimes it just doesn't occur to me to vote till a little later

insomnia's had a few posts that i thought were kinda townie;

i liked (and the followups in his next couple fo posts); i felt like it indicated that even thought it was rvs he was already trying to sort out people's motivations, which i think is townie.

and reskimming his iso that's apparently the main thing that i liked from him thus far
not a strong read but i did like how he was approaching the game in rvs
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Smile
Smile
Goon
Smile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 1:03 pm

Post by Smile »

Maybe I can word it better

214 feels like an afterthought like "I should be scumread Percy right now" instead of "I am scumreading Percy right now" because the sudden shift in tone from 213 to 214. 214 and after are much more aggressive. not just becuase 214 is a different post from 213.

41 is okay. I don't feel as strongly as you about it but its slightly positive. meh

- March
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by Chara »

i was going to put some effort in here, but then skitter did town things and i decided i could rest instead.

also, as someone who holds onto its vote far too much, i don't find insomnia's not immediately voting to be a bad thing, really.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 5:18 pm

Post by tris »

I think there was something else I meant to respond to, but I lost it.
In post 183, ceejayvinoya wrote:Ugh I have fuscezu and tris as townleans for some reason.

Maybe chara too.

I like irrel and rcenigma for town
Why is rcenigma town?
In post 238, skitter30 wrote:
In post 167, tris wrote:
In post 153, skitter30 wrote:
In post 83, tris wrote:Also, skitter's response to the wagon is very scummy.
not sure scum!tris says this really?
Why not?
In post 159, Fuscezu wrote:
In post 158, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: ceejay

yay caught up :)
rather like this vote. I felt that I was premature for thinking ceejay was kind of wagonhunting, but this helps.
This feels like a town thought process.

-----------------------------

Goodnight all!
idk
doesn't feel like something scum!you would have said in the 911 emergency game
I think it's comparable to how I was with my vote on ofrzh in RVS. I don't really see what you're talking about.
In post 254, Chara wrote:i was going to put some effort in here, but then skitter did town things and i decided i could rest instead.

also, as someone who holds onto its vote far too much, i don't find insomnia's not immediately voting to be a bad thing, really.
I don't see skitter as town yet. What's making you think that?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 5:24 pm

Post by tris »

In post 183, ceejayvinoya wrote:Ugh I have fuscezu and tris as townleans for some reason.

Maybe chara too.

What's the difference between fuscezu and me, and irrel and rcenigma here?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 6:14 pm

Post by Chara »

awkward charisma, interesting contributions. in four words.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 6:58 pm

Post by Chara »

though i'm not sure of the scum motivation of ceejay finding a problem with me, then unvoting once the problem had been resolved. the post he quoted was the first one that really held any thought process from me.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:00 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 186, insomnia wrote:
In post 181, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 146, skitter30 wrote:
In post 81, ceejayvinoya wrote:Hi I'm around :P

VOTE: Chara

Her posts are dull.
what do u mean by 'dull'?
Their early posts were not interesting.

Which struck me as blending in for some reason.
So you scum read "not interesting" posts? I don't see anything interesting in your posts.
I mean it looked like something anyone can just write. It offers nothing new.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:01 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 190, Fuscezu wrote:I dont wanna go too far without my P's input, but I feel like it was a 'catch and release' kind of play. He's looking for a good wagon in a scummy way, and made a big deal about unvoting. without immediately revoting, which is always scummy.

A good towny isnt going to unvote even a light scumread for a good post or even a few good ones. He did.
can you explain this to me slower? I didn't get it.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 241, skitter30 wrote:
In post 181, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 146, skitter30 wrote:
In post 81, ceejayvinoya wrote:Hi I'm around :P

VOTE: Chara

Her posts are dull.
what do u mean by 'dull'?
Their early posts were not interesting.

Which struck me as blending in for some reason.
i'm not sure i agree with u that chara's early posts were not interesting

i'm also not sure that that having 'not interesting' posts is indicative of trying to blend in?
refer to the reply I gave to insomnia.

it's not really indicative in the sense of "oh they did this, that must mean this.". But it's a start. Remember it was my rvs vote.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:13 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 244, skitter30 wrote:
you voted them for having 'dull' posts.
chara's posts became better in (i presume u mean have more content? more original takes?), so you unvoted
yes.

i kinda felt like your chara vote was at least semi-serious but when you pushed there and they posted content you just ... dropped the vote without engaging anywhere else. i feel like town, who finds that their semi-serious vote (which presumably was used to try to pressure and/or push someone, like you did with chara here, by voting them for having 'dull' posts) becomes invalidated or negated for whatever reason, would then try to find some other place to engage or push (not necessarily by voting again but by at least pushing/engaging elsewhere) but you didn't

your engagement just kinda fizzled out there when you dropped the chara vote and it felt kinda .... flat. or like lacking the inquisitive mindset that prompts town to sort people

idk i hope that makes sense

what don't you like about the fact that i didn't like this
I simply don't like it in the sense of "Awwww, I'm not being townread. :( "

And there was nothing else I liked to pursue at that time, among setup spec and Irrel's wagon building on you.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:16 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 255, tris wrote:I think there was something else I meant to respond to, but I lost it.

Maybe chara too.

Why is rcenigma town?
I like his posts, he makes more sense to me as town.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:17 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 256, tris wrote:

Maybe chara too.

I'm more confident on irrel's and rc's
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:18 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 258, Chara wrote:though i'm not sure of the scum motivation of ceejay finding a problem with me, then unvoting once the problem had been resolved. the post he quoted was the first one that really held any thought process from me.
:]
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 1:04 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 223, Miss Kobayashi Maru wrote:as an identically new player I'm interested in the setup stuff but don't really feel like I can participate in it or constructively comment on it, so I can understand it contributing to newbie stage fright
Fair enough. I used to talk out the mechanics even though I was frequently wrong, but that's me I suppose.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 1:11 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 226, ClearlyClarity wrote:I am actually quite interested in the mechanics of this game, though. What's the usual meta for Mini Theme games that have a closed setup?
Not exactly sure what you're asking, but FWIW: tomorrow someone will likely push for massclaim, but most will say no and it won't happen until D3 or D4. I have no clue why, but a lot of people think they can solve a closed game from the claims. IMO it usually just makes it easier for the scum to pick their NKs. BUT, this is semi-open, and although mod is now denying it, I think the JK info can be used to our advantage.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 1:12 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 229, Smile wrote:Hellooo I'm here and this is completely unrelated but I just became a corporate slave wooooohoooo

catching up

btw Cure Happy's busy lately but she'll show up.

- Cure March
Hey, another useless post from the hydra. Imagine that!
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 1:15 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 231, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 1, funkybike1 wrote:Game-Specific Information and Role Interactions
37. This is a closed setup... for the most part. Some elements of the setup are public and listed below.
38. There are two Jailkeepers in this setup. The first time they both target each other, they are both protected. The second and subsequent times, they are both roleblocked and not protected.
39. The Mafia is the only groupscum faction in this game. There may or may not be additional scum or third-party factions.
40. There are no bastard elements in this game; I will never deliberately lie to you outside the bounds of normal gameplay. All investigative roles are Sane unless they are explicitly told they have a chance to be non-Sane.
41. There are no Cults, Survivors, Jesters, or Unjesters. The role you receive is the role and alignment you will have for the entire game unless your role PM specifically tells you otherwise.
42. This game begins on Night 0. No killing actions may be taken on Night 0, but all other Night actions may take place.
K so I have a couple questions regarding this:

- I saw the speculation on the alignment of the double JK earlier but I've never suspected that they could be any alignment other than town. If mod wanted roleblocking scum, wouldn't they just make them Mafia RB? Unless mod wanted to purposely misread town by making one scum JK?
- If mafia is the only groupscum faction and there's additional scum, does that mean that scum is in a third-party? Are they the only scum of that hypothetical third-party?
- Third-party factions indicate roles like SK or Survivor iirc? I haven't ever played in any games with those roles, what's the meta?
JKs can be scum too, but since mod said we should keep them alive, that pretty much means that they're town, unless mod royally screwed up.

There's only one scum faction (i.e. team), but there could be a 3P, which would probably be a SK.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 3:12 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 254, Chara wrote:skitter did town things and i decided i could rest instead.
tell me more
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 3:12 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 264, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 256, tris wrote:

Maybe chara too.

I'm more confident on irrel's and rc's
have you explained the rce read? I don't see it
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 3:16 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 177, RCEnigma wrote:That makes two of us. However this is a different setting, I'm one of the strongest players she had to face off against and I'd argue most if not all present are better players than me. I don't expect her to panic but I also don't expect her to be so dismissive of early scumreads on her slot. It's not a strong read but my initial impression.

I'm always going to default to town side on slots that try to transition out of rvs unless it's generating social reads, which I didn't get from this game. Plus Shiidaji proposing the persivul/irrel team read townie to me because it's a nontown statement if that makes sense.

What I mean is it's considered antitown to make assumptions around preflip associations and I think Shiidaji is cognizant of that. So at best it's an attention grabbing statement that scum generally avoid. Also it encourages town to consider new perspectives which opens the door for scumhunting even if it isn't directly done by him. I dont know if that was really the intention but that doesn't change my mind all too much.
So if I understand correctly, your townread on shiidaji is because they did something anti-town and you think highly enough of shiidaji to expect that only town!shii would be so blatantly anti-town + by being bad it lets other people scumhunt better (which I don't agree with btw)

My response is: anti-town things are done by scum sometimes. Duh?

So I'm not really seeing the towncase
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 3:18 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

why did the game stall? scum apparently feel comfy

Let's go.... here VOTE: chara
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 3:19 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 273, Irrelephant11 wrote:why did the game stall?
well I guess this is a bit of a subjective call, maybe this game is just a bit slower
But it definitely feels like the stakes have gone down since the first few pages when takes were spicy and play felt exciting so I'm gonna ride this subjective take onto a chara wagon
join me!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”