Micro 870: Lynch Happy

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Austerity
Austerity
Goon
Austerity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:42 am

Post by Austerity »

In post 295, Vex Vience wrote:aust, why are you defending nl rn? care to explain?
My first instinct is to defend players who are getting wagoned, especially if I don't agree with the reasoning behind the votes on them.

Also, I just joined this game and I don't want to see a lynch so soon. And yes I know the deadline is only a few days away but like I said, it's an instinct :P
Show
Austerity
Austerity
Goon
Austerity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:46 am

Post by Austerity »

In post 296, Vex Vience wrote:also do you have a readlist youd like to post?
pretty much has it. I'll add you as leantown due to your recent questioning to get:
Iconeum, no lunch
Clemency, Elsa, Vex
NMSA, Pvt (null)
urap2
In post 297, Vex Vience wrote:also also, aust, are you an alt? if so, mind sharing who you really are?
I mean, if I wanted to out who I was I would have just been playing on my main :P

If you're wondering about your experience with me, we've seen each other around but we haven't played together much, if at all.
Show
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:48 am

Post by Jingle »

I can confirm that Austerity is probably not Jingle. At least 60% accuracy there.
This is a Parachute.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its only

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:50 am

Post by Vex Vience »

you only have one scumread? whys that?
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:51 am

Post by Vex Vience »

also, whos a higher tr for you? ico or nl?
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee

#CultsArentBastard
Austerity
Austerity
Goon
Austerity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:52 am

Post by Austerity »

In post 294, Vex Vience wrote:because as scum you have to pay attention to a lot of things when making readlists, esp your partners.

if your partner is acting scummy, do you call them out for it and possibly bus them or do you call them null for it and hope nobody calls you out on it?
if not, are you associating yourself with your partner too much? if you or they get lynched, how likely is it that everyone else puts it together youre on the same team based on your readslist?
not only that, but how are you gonna call out people as scum in your readlist? if youre gonna call out the easy targets, you run the risk of looking like youre just sheeping and have it backfire because of that. if you call out the hard targets, you have to actually make a case which can backfire horribly.
Yeah but like, this is assuming that the scum player has put zero effort into faking reads thus far and has to do all the work the night before the assignment is due. Scum players will have already made a lot of these decisions by the time they're asked to give a readlist.
also, you have to make your readlist look like you put forth actual effort into it. too little effort and it seems like you didnt try. too much effort and it seems like youre faking a townie thought process.
This is equally true for town, though. Town give low effort readlists all the time (see: me copying my previous post and adding one name).
Show
Austerity
Austerity
Goon
Austerity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:53 am

Post by Austerity »

In post 303, Vex Vience wrote:you only have one scumread? whys that?
Because forming good scumreads D1 is hard for all but a select few people. And while post people solve this problem by forming BAD scumreads, I solve it in a different way ;)
In post 304, Vex Vience wrote:also, whos a higher tr for you? ico or nl?
They're approximately the same.
Show
Austerity
Austerity
Goon
Austerity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:53 am

Post by Austerity »

In post 306, Austerity wrote:
most
people
Show
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Jingle »

Holy shit. I'm a little too drunk for this rn. I just tried to expand Austerity's sig for a solid 30 seconds.
This is a Parachute.
Austerity
Austerity
Goon
Austerity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Austerity »

In post 308, Jingle wrote:
Holy shit. I'm a little too drunk for this rn. I just tried to expand Austerity's sig for a solid 30 seconds.
:lol:
Show
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:58 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 305, Austerity wrote:
In post 294, Vex Vience wrote:because as scum you have to pay attention to a lot of things when making readlists, esp your partners.

if your partner is acting scummy, do you call them out for it and possibly bus them or do you call them null for it and hope nobody calls you out on it?
if not, are you associating yourself with your partner too much? if you or they get lynched, how likely is it that everyone else puts it together youre on the same team based on your readslist?
not only that, but how are you gonna call out people as scum in your readlist? if youre gonna call out the easy targets, you run the risk of looking like youre just sheeping and have it backfire because of that. if you call out the hard targets, you have to actually make a case which can backfire horribly.
Yeah but like, this is assuming that the scum player has put zero effort into faking reads thus far and has to do all the work the night before the assignment is due. Scum players will have already made a lot of these decisions by the time they're asked to give a readlist.
actually? no. even if youre basing it off the old one, you still have to show that your reads are changing, which means the above section always comes back. lets say im scum here, alright? when i go to fake my readlist, i have to rely on that over and over. yes i can make a no-effort readlist, but how would that help me? itd make me look more suspicious if im posting that low-effort readlist over and over. if i wanna get tr'd and avoid the lynch, id have to put some effort into it. even if im making a new one, the list always comes back.
also, you have to make your readlist look like you put forth actual effort into it. too little effort and it seems like you didnt try. too much effort and it seems like youre faking a townie thought process.
This is equally true for town, though. Town give low effort readlists all the time (see: me copying my previous post and adding one name).
i dont see the point of your counterargument on that. yes, obviously town does it too. but they do it less frequently than scum would. no?

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:59 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 306, Austerity wrote:
In post 303, Vex Vience wrote:you only have one scumread? whys that?
Because forming good scumreads D1 is hard for all but a select few people. And while post people solve this problem by forming BAD scumreads, I solve it in a different way ;)
you have to lynch someone rn. who and why?
you defending nl tells me that nl is a higher tr for you. why would you say theyre both the same then?

#CultsArentBastard
Austerity
Austerity
Goon
Austerity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by Austerity »

In post 310, Vex Vience wrote:but they do it less frequently than scum would. no?
I don't know about that, I think that most players are predisposed to give readlists of a certain level of depth regardless of their alignment.

Besides, from what you're saying it sounds like scum would do it less because for some reason they feel they'll be scumread for it.
Show
Austerity
Austerity
Goon
Austerity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by Austerity »

In post 311, Vex Vience wrote:you have to lynch someone rn. who and why?
Urap2 because they're at the bottom of my readlist. Duh.
you defending nl tells me that nl is a higher tr for you. why would you say theyre both the same then?
They are both the same. I'm defending nl because they're being attacked for reasons I disagree with.

I would defend anyone, even a scumread, if they were attacked for reasons I disagreed with.
Show
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 293, Austerity wrote:
In post 284, Vex Vience wrote:ok, but why arent you providing them in the first place? you should be able to, no? saying "just look at my iso" makes it seem like you're trying to waste time.
Counterpoint: being defiant when asked to do something easy is a towntell.
is it?
103-11 0-2
Austerity
Austerity
Goon
Austerity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by Austerity »

In my experience, anyway. Scum are usually quicker to comply in order to appear helpful, whereas town are more likely to have an "I do what I want" attitude.
Show
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 315, Austerity wrote:In my experience, anyway. Scum are usually quicker to comply in order to appear helpful, whereas town are more likely to have an "I do what I want" attitude.
I think this varies from person to person, and also in HOW they comply/don't comply.

sort of unrelated example: I find that scum is more likely to comply by quoting a previous answer than to restate their answer in new words. Perhaps because they already spent the time and effort to come up with a phrasing they feel comfortable with.
103-11 0-2
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 269, Clemency wrote:i s2g no lunch is just throwing his vote everywhere to look like he doesnt have a target
Would you please quote the votes I have made which substantiate this post? I frankly disagree that I am "throwing my votes everywhere".
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 2:40 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 270, Clemency wrote:
In post 266, no lunch wrote: Additionally, I am starting to suspect that I am the lyncher target.
like why would you say this if you're actually town in a game where the entire point is for mafia to bluff being lynch target
I had not considered that the point of this setup is for mafia to bluff being lynch targets at all. There are some very dubiously motivated posts regarding why I should be lynched, and very little sorting of my slot happening.

Do you disagree with this assertion? Why did you elect to shade me and suggest my gamestate read is alignment indicative rather than focus on the alignment indicative parts of my posts?
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 2:41 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 274, NotMySpamAccount wrote:Aight, I tr Clem now.
Would you please explain your Clem townread?
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 281, Austerity wrote:
In post 275, u r a person 2 wrote:yezh, okay, except you're just lecturing us and telling us we should "lynch somebody who is unlikely to be town aligned" instead of posting a readslist.

You could have posted a readslist 10 times over in the time it took you to make these two posts! No one is asking you to go into a brand new game and craft reads from scratch. Like you said, you HAVE reads, already. You just would rather throw around paragraphs of ate rather than give them.

Is it really so hard to see that NL is scum here?
Why is any of this scum indicative?
I acknowledge that I am a prime target for white knighting in this gamestate. However, Austerity is the only person who is sorting rather than voting me from frustration.

I will be reconsidering this positively but suspect I am more grateful than certain of him being town.
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 284, Vex Vience wrote:re:bolded - why tf would you wanna appear scummy to begin with nl? i dont see any benefit to townies, (unless youre the cop), to appearing scummy in the first place. the only way itd make sense is if youre the cop and you dont wanna get nk'd, but even then, youre such a low-profile target imo that mafia would be stupid to shoot you.

so why purposefully look scummy?
I believe you misunderstood my implication.
I am not intending to look like I am mafia. Therefore if I am looking as though I am mafia, I have made an error. I do not believe others are pushing me for alignment indicative reasons.
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 2:49 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 299, Vex Vience wrote:and also, id like to mention that these reads feel extremely safe. it feels like he doesnt wanna dedicate to anything extreme and just wants to stick with the safe reads. thats not a townie thing to do imo because i think town is more likely to take a more extreme stance than scum.
Do you believe there are non-safe stances to adopt in this gamestate? This game has not been interesting.
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Post by no lunch »

u r a person 2, how well do you remember northsidegal's Geriatric Half Mast Nightless?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 323, no lunch wrote:u r a person 2, how well do you remember northsidegal's Geriatric Half Mast Nightless?
I remember correctly reading you and then losing that read, but I don't remember why.
103-11 0-2

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”