Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 325, u r a person 2 wrote:
CBY could be scum. I don't have a lot of experience with them but I think I expect better questions.
This is based on the time they were active, btw, I don't think there's a good argument to be made here for an activity tell considering they have not been active on site
I dont see how these two things are connected. It feels like a non-sequiterquote="In post 330, u r a person 2"]I think that if Exilon is town that makes Garmr town nearly 100% because of that interaction about a gambit[/quote]
Why?quote="In post 334, u r a person 2"]Oh, it is me spewing town, you're right about that. If you're town, that should be a good thing from your perspective. Why isn't it?[/quote]
I agree this is a bit wonky of a take by Infernoquote="In post 339, u r a person 2"]I'm going with tunneled on this one[/quote]
Here's another thing I wanted to strike at on first glance. Reading the context though it's a little better but I still feel it's off angle from URAP2's approach thus far
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1575, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 325, u r a person 2 wrote:
CBY could be scum. I don't have a lot of experience with them but I think I expect better questions.
This is based on the time they were active, btw, I don't think there's a good argument to be made here for an activity tell considering they have not been active on site
I dont see how these two things are connected. It feels like a non-sequiter
In post 330, u r a person 2 wrote:I think that if Exilon is town that makes Garmr town nearly 100% because of that interaction about a gambit
Why?quote="In post 334, u r a person 2"]Oh, it is me spewing town, you're right about that. If you're town, that should be a good thing from your perspective. Why isn't it?
I agree this is a bit wonky of a take by Infernoquote="In post 339, u r a person 2"]I'm going with tunneled on this one[/quote]
Here's another thing I wanted to strike at on first glance. Reading the context though it's a little better but I still feel it's off angle from URAP2's approach thus far[/quote]
EBWOP
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1571, Exilon wrote:
In post 1566, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1561, Exilon wrote:Quick impression tbh I'm feeling my jimmies being rustled by this repeat of bob voting immediately after Garmr on a wagon (CDB, day 1)
that's rly weird especially considering Garmr's claim
What about the claim makes it weird?
Garmr hid behind Bob
It's associative
It's too many associations for it to be a coincidence
I guess I get it but I don't agree
<Embrace The Void>

u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 1:15 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I said the line in red because I thought it made the case stronger. I was basically saying "I think this is scum for x, and don't misconstrue this as an activity read because it's scummy regardless of their inactivity."
103-11 0-2
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 3:28 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 1563, u r a person 2 wrote:scum equity basically boils down to the chance that a slot has to flip scum.
Ok thanks, this is so not what I thought it was. I thought it meant "value of a flip"and not "% of scum"
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 3:34 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 1546, Garmr wrote:There's only two reason why they would do this Sash is scum or
sash is so bad this game
his basically honorary scum members.
My thoughts exactly. I'm more of a distraction to town than a helper this game. I think it would be safer to get rid of me, but basically advocating for my own mislynch is kind of going against my wincon....
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 3:35 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1579, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 1563, u r a person 2 wrote:scum equity basically boils down to the chance that a slot has to flip scum.
Ok thanks, this is so not what I thought it was. I thought it meant "value of a flip"and not "% of scum"
np. It's a term that originates from poker (pot equity), where it actually has a meaning closer to what you're talking about.

In poker, it's (% chance to win the hand)*(money in the pot) so in that realm it really does mean value rather than % chance of success

but in mafia it has a simpler meaning
103-11 0-2
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Actually I feel like there is a function that works like pot equity: "%chance of being scum × threat level as scum". That's what scum equity should be
<Embrace The Void>

u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I don't like that definition =(

policy lynching RC is anti-fun ;P
103-11 0-2
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

Spoiler:
In post 1547, bob3141 wrote:
In post 1514, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 1508, Garmr wrote:Can I just point out the fact Sash has stopped trying to solve game and been hiding behind my vote for ages. Sash will do more than rui, Sash will post content they said.
The three lynches du jour are Skitter, Ausuka and Egix.

Ausuka seems the most scummy one but not by much. I reread her iso a couple of times over the last few days and I think I begin to have an idea what's down.
Egix seems town. I read his iso and it seems mostly clean to me. He also tried to meta me to know me, which is towny
Skitter is the one that could the most be scum, but she appears more towny than Ausuka to me. Her massive iso gave me a headache.

I don't find anyone in here particularly scummy, but knowing this, I think I'd lynch Skitter because of strategy but Ausuka might be a reasonable choice too.
This and other things just makes me feel i was originally right about you being scum. And that the reason your lynch failed was simply because your partners pushed a counterwagon.

After ausuka responses, Im feeling now he is the least likely of what i identfied as group B to be scum. That being ausuka , you(sach) and urp2.

Now to your post. You say you dont find anyone in that list particularly scummy yet in you say you could see ausuka as scum. Which to me feels alittle contradictory. So as i read it, You find ausuka the most scummy of 3 players you dont find to be scummy yet you can see him as scum.

So if no one in that list strikes you as scummy then why did you say you could see Ausuka as scum?

-----

Second apart from your push on both me and gamr I have not seen you enquire anywhere else. This level of focus seems very odd. You talk about saying you could vote for ausuka or skitter yet nothing there is original there.

You gave no details about what you read in ausuka iso. So that has no substance
Both egix and skitter. you did the same - no substance

And there are few players Ive not seen you intereact with like gamble. Its why for a bit i thought he was your partner as i couldnt see any serous attempts from you to read him. Felt to me like scum trying to avoid associations. So my question is what do you think about every player and what made you think that. And not just e.g. you read there iso. What in theer iso stuck out to you

---

Thirdly I dont like how you seem to be offering your vote for two players in the same post as you just said they dont look scummy to you. If they dont look scummy to you why woudl you think lynching some you dont think is town is reasonable or a good strategy

It exactly matches you reasoning for killing Rui. Every lynch you seem to say ok it will give us info.

This all makes me I was right day 1 about you being scum

VOTE: sach
I'm sorry my style doesn't matches yours. I'm not too wally by nature, and English is not my first language so I don't read, compute and write at the same speed as you do perhaps. That's why I have tendency to make shorter posts. Also, I don't see everyone always justifying their reads...."Bob is town" was pretty popular this game, without any explanations coming with it. Regarding who I speak with, well I mostly interact with those who interact with me too or the ones I am curious about. I don't have an interest for everyone Day1, there are too many players so I focus on the ones I have the most... "affinity" ... with at first.
Regarding Ausuka, Egix and Skitter.... when someone asks you for susbstance, but it's already late and your wife is fuming, I can go iso skimming but deep diving is not time-appropriate. Is it still worth it I go on detail since you scumread me?
About your third point, Skitter wanted to lynch me exactly for info Day 1, so what's the difference here?
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 1581, u r a person 2 wrote:np. It's a term that originates from poker (pot equity), where it actually has a meaning closer to what you're talking about.
Yes, I play poker too that's probably why I thought it worked that way.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 1582, Gamma Emerald wrote:Actually I feel like there is a function that works like pot equity: "%chance of being scum × threat level as scum". That's what scum equity should be
Clever
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1583, u r a person 2 wrote:I don't like that definition =(

I don't do that because I don't go all-in on the first hand, I wait and learn the table
<Embrace The Void>

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1584, Sashaddin wrote:Skitter wanted to lynch me exactly for info Day 1, so what's the difference here?
this isn't true; i wanted to lynch you day1 since at that point i felt like you were the least-bad option
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 5:54 pm

Post by Detective Pikachu »

Gamma between skitter and ausuka which are you more confident in being town and why?
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 6:49 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 859, skitter30 wrote:sash was *always* a better lynch yesterday than ruirui (for everyone other than sash obvs), just from a purely mechanical perspective given that sash had claimed, rui hadn't, and rui was a lurker who was, at least in part, getting wagoned for lurking and it was not at all guaranteed that they'd come and claim before eod (and, guess what, they didn't)
With what you said in mind, I now understand that what I thought was a need for info on Day 1 was a mechanical thing. I can see why a certain post looks stupid now. :(
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 12:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

Did you think i was trying to lynch you for info this whole time? Because i never said that and i said something similae to the post you quoted at least four different times
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 4:06 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1543, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 1532, Egix96 wrote:Ah, so it's not that skitter has more scum equity per se, but rather that you would gain more info from her interactions with other players? I see.
It seems I don't understand "scum equity". I thought my reasoning was about scum equity. Can someone teach me in a few lines?
"Scum equity" = likelihood of being scum, for me.
I'm not a poker person...
In post 1551, Gamma Emerald wrote:This bring a 5 letter word to mind
You mean 5-letter
abbreviation
:nerd:
In post 1583, u r a person 2 wrote:policy lynching RC is anti-fun ;P
Just don't approach him in bad faith... simple ;)
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 4:08 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 1583, u r a person 2 wrote:I don't like that definition =(

And yet it should always be done
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 4:15 am

Post by Sashaddin »

Spoiler:
In post 737, skitter30 wrote:i will vote sash before i go to sleep tonight if the wagons look similar to how they are now; i don't think he's going to flip scum but no-lynching day1 is dumb
In post 742, skitter30 wrote:
In post 739, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 729, skitter30 wrote:which ones?
, and 635
You tell me if they are town to you...
Dont like the first post, the second two are nai imo

VOTE: sash

^^^^ entirely a compromise eod vote. I dont scumread him and i dont think he's flipping scum
In post 747, skitter30 wrote:lack of being town is a fallacious argument for voting someone
(and it's scummy that you're pushing this and we should really be voting u but whatever at this point in the day)

on balance i feel like sash is a better compromise wagon

(both in terms of likelihood to happen + i'm kinda gut-town on rui whereas sash i just don't think is scum; which is not at all the same thing as thinking he's town. he made a few townie posts, sure, but none of the reasons people are scumreading him are good and holistically he's like .... null)
In post 820, skitter30 wrote:
In post 818, ChannelDelibird wrote:I will admit that percolating on it all today has made me less certain than I was. However, I do feel pretty good that Sash is town
I dont think either are flipping scum, at this point i kinda think we have to cut out losses and go with the least-bad option

Unfortunately yes, I always thought that because of those posts I was more "valuable" than Ruirui because Ruirui was less active. I still think my pov is somewhat right, but it looks it wasn't your main intent.
The more I play, the more my both fun and confidence levels look like this:
I'm at the question mark right now.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 4:40 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

lolol - at least the valley is narrow~
103-11 0-2
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 5:00 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1427, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1409, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1328, skitter30 wrote:kinda. i'm not sure that's the best path to take but i do think they need to be resolved before lylo after everything; idk if there's any way to do that in this game outside of a lynch

at the same time i don't think he's actually flipping scum but i do think the slot is going to be a distraction until it flips
:igmeou:
couldn't you say this for literally every wagoned slot ever? you're not even voting sashaddin; when do you plan to do this?
i could, and have said this about other people in other games. i've never actually voted someone over this tho, so much as kinda mulled the possibility over to myself
i don't get it? you don't want to vote sasha?
skitter30 wrote: do think that leaving him unflipped at this point will be a distraction until he *does* flip irregardless of his alignment given yesterday and how today started

and if he's town i'd rather flip him like today than closer to lylo
i really don't get the vibe from this post especially considering you were responding to inferno proposing a sasha lynch?
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 5:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

I do in like an abstract sense but i dont think i would actually vote someone for that reason

Like it's something i want to happen but i've never been able to actually vote someone i don't scumread for a reason like this, even if i think that's the optimal move in a theoretical sense

Idk i hope i explained that better
Show
Hiatus once more.

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 5:11 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1430, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1412, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1396, skitter30 wrote:If you want a line-by-line response i can do that, but not till i'm at a pc(much) later today

I think that you're basically using this argument with me as a way to stay engaged with the thread and to look busy - since this argument started this is basically what you've been posting about, and what your content is about.

But despite this, you're not actually doing anything about it - vote me if you think i'm scum, don't spend a week writing walls in my direction and dancing around the read.

(I believe there's scum in exilon/garmr byw)

Also a lot of the things you're calling me out on a personality thing; we have very different definitions of pushing (as i went over already with hrg iirc)

Kinda hard to interact with ausuka more when she hasn't really been posting. And of course i voted ausuka cuz i think she should be pushed, why would you say i voted hef 'not because she's scummy or should be pushed'? And yeah i at least partially switched off of you since it wasn't getting traction. Thjs is scummh because ....

I also don't think it's fair to attribute the stall in the game to me given that i'm easily one of the most active players ffs.
you've made no attempt to interact with me: you simply parked a vote on me. I don't need to be active for you to do that. You just need to post something in the thread and when I'm here I'll respond to it.
Also, you voted me on the 12th of may. I had posted that day, the day before, and the day before that. If you actually wanted to interact with me and sort me that way you could very easily have done so.
ok fair enough.
hi ausuka, i feel like you've been skating by this game for quite a while, and id ont' have a good sense of your read or for what you're thinking this game.
i think your stated scumreads lining up exactly with the people on your wagon is quite awful
where do you get that impression? i made a bob push recently, which sure was very likely wrong, but i definitely wouldn't call it skating by?

what i'm thinking for this game is
{aus, detective pika pika} obv
{garmr, bob} i don't really see why scum pulls off this fakeclaim here; garmr wasn't under that much pressure.
{urap, exilon} seem genuinely scumhunty
{gamma, inferno} feel kind of town and i don't have any points against either

this leaves {sasha, skitter, egix}; i was tr'ing sasha based on bob's push who i was scumreading more but that's clearly wrong so ? unless urap or exilon is scum, there is exactly 0 scum on the initial sasha wagon fmpov which is pretty damning for him. egix i didn't really townread him and i thought his push on me was weird (you posted three times since 1191 but now i'm gaining popularity you bring it up?) for you i've brought up a few points and for someone who isn't scumreading anyone and is pushing a nullread you seem to be really insistent on trying to lynch said nullread.

i mean i see why that looks bad. but i was townreading a lot of players who are not those three on my wagon and not you three, so you three were kind of suspect anyway, and for you and egix it was the way you pushed me that seemed suspect, so there's a reason for it.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 5:14 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1458, Detective Pikachu wrote:is it mechanically correct for me to ask that no protectives be on me tonight? I do think IC death + weak death --> guilty is better than IC alive + weak death + lots of wifom on weak result

I'm not sure this is correct but the thought occurs to me that theoretically the protective should be on garmr?
garmr protects himself with his role i'm pretty sure so being on you is still the best move.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”