NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5075 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:02 am

Post by NanceFloor »

In post 4477, Moongrass wrote:
In post 4473, NanceFloor wrote:@Moon, why haven’t you responded to this?

Why veto a slot that was A) not in failed coalition and B) no good reason to sr?
A)I included two slots in the coalition and two slots not which seems to be what most of us are doing. My 4 choices are who I would like sorted without losing a potential high input town slot like Ank/PB.
B)I disagree.
Maria has some scummy posts.
In post 4484, Moongrass wrote:Or you could tell me why she's town instead of pushing me off my read just because you said so
In post 4491, Moongrass wrote:
In post 4487, NanceFloor wrote:You’re the one saying she has “some scummy posts”, so why won’t you back that up?
I'll elaborate when I feel like it. I trust you have eyes and Maria has a short ISO. It's not rocket science.
In post 4548, Moongrass wrote:I look forward to the arguments that my slot was scummy after I'm killed. I'd be very amused if the veto was all town and we systematically kill off 4 town.

Also, no I don't have to explain anything to anyone. We are all responsible for our own reads and I don't get into the habit of being backed into a corner by overzealous town who wouldn't listen anyway.
Hydra of Dannflor and Nancy Drew 39
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #5076 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:03 am

Post by Skygazer »

tbf im mostly SRing maria's slot for being paired up with my slot
pretend this is an insightful signature pls & ty
replacement queue
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5077 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Moongrass »

Yeah I'm ignoring the blind tunnel. Anyone can cherrypick to bias their read. I'd rather people just get a veto done.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5078 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:06 am

Post by Moongrass »

Also think about why it's a good idea to coalition again because cost-benefit analysis says it's not worth it.
NanceFloor
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5079 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:07 am

Post by NanceFloor »

In post 5073, Moongrass wrote:
In post 5064, NanceFloor wrote:
In post 5046, Moongrass wrote:I'd rather base my veto off the dance pairings than put 2 town from the coalition up for the kill just to waste our repick on having another coalition fail. That's me though, you were all going to do what you wanted anyway.
You are aware that your predecessor essentially townlocked that slot, right?

I think that’s a lame excuse for vetoing a slot that was neither in failed coalition nor a consensus sr. You said some of her posts were “scummy”. So when do you plan to link/quote them for us?
I'm not reading the whole game so I'm basing my reads on the events and ISO skims. I really hated maria's comment about mbaki being obvscum after skimming the beginning of his ISO because 1. I expect her to have a good read on mbaki and 2. She said that at the time people started scumreading me so it just served to inflame the suspicion further. I am not impressed with her play so far/her lack of real contribution so I'm happy to PoE from what is already known and take it from there. I don't understand the rush to use our retrigger when there are plenty of events left. We only have to use it before we select an event that doesn't block a kill. I'm surprised that noone is really thinking about the info from the 8-ball and Dance. Coalition isn't worth it until we have more info than oh there's scum in both groups...like no shit.
Both of you read PB/Ank as town, why does her read on you trump that?

Tell me how your sr on her isn’t an OMGUS because that was your entire basis for sr us. You’re only jumping off of us now, because PB and Sky are obvtowning us.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5080 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:08 am

Post by Moongrass »

Has tmck even agreed to go with Titus' plan? Because if that's the route you all choose tmck has to repick coalition tonight.
NanceFloor
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5081 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:10 am

Post by NanceFloor »

In post 5074, Moongrass wrote:
In post 5072, NanceFloor wrote:
In post 5059, Moongrass wrote:
In post 5055, Creature wrote:If we're going to include four coalition members, then I'd rather do NF + Sky + Chem + Clem.
Sky replaced Taly and Taly was heavily townread which is why I think Maria is scum for being paired with them in the dance.
I thought you said she had “some scummy quotes”, which you never explained. Now it’s her being paired with Taly slot. Okay. :shifty:
There's literally nothing I can do to convince you you're being dumb so you can just assume I'm scum instead of constantly trying to engage me in a pointless 1v1.
No, what’s “dumb” here is vetoing a slot that was A) not in failed coalition nor B) a consensus sr.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5082 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:10 am

Post by Moongrass »

In post 5079, NanceFloor wrote:You’re only jumping off of us now, because PB and Sky are obvtowning us.
I trust PB's read on you even if I hate the idea that you play this way as town.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5083 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Moongrass »

In post 5081, NanceFloor wrote:No, what’s “dumb” here is vetoing a slot that was A) not in failed coalition nor B) a consensus sr.
I've talked a lot about why I'm not going with consensus. You are literally blind tunnelling me.
NanceFloor
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5084 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:12 am

Post by NanceFloor »

In post 5076, Skygazer wrote:tbf im mostly SRing maria's slot for being paired up with my slot
I’m leery of scum WIFOM unless I also think that slot is independently scummy, so I’d use dance pairings to back up my reads, not the primary basis for them.
NanceFloor
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5085 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:13 am

Post by NanceFloor »

In post 5078, Moongrass wrote:Also think about why it's a good idea to coalition again because cost-benefit analysis says it's not worth it.
You don’t want a 2nd coalition? Why not?
NanceFloor
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5086 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:15 am

Post by NanceFloor »

In post 5080, Moongrass wrote:Has tmck even agreed to go with Titus' plan? Because if that's the route you all choose tmck has to repick coalition tonight.
Who is in Titus’ coalition again because I’m not vetoing PB?
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5087 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:16 am

Post by Moongrass »

In post 5085, NanceFloor wrote:
In post 5078, Moongrass wrote:Also think about why it's a good idea to coalition again because cost-benefit analysis says it's not worth it.
In post 4978, Moongrass wrote:Titus you keep pushing your tactics as the ideal but you don't seem to really believe it. The weak objections to the gamestate aren't helping, any thoughts on how the PoE would work better through coalition vs 1 of 4 would be appreciated.
In post 4991, Moongrass wrote:
In post 4989, Titus wrote:
In post 4968, Moongrass wrote:PB don't bend. Who do you scumread besides those who must not be acknowledged?

Titus what's the two PoE pools if your second coalition faila?
The first coalition ool and the second coalition pool. None of them would have overlapping players minus tmck.
But if both fail it doesn't tell you anything except that tmck is town?
In post 4996, Moongrass wrote:Titus why go through using our retrigger to do that when we could just look for the 1 and 2 scum anyway because I am close to certain that there's no way all 3 scum got into the first coalition.
In post 5009, Moongrass wrote:
In post 5004, Titus wrote:
In post 4996, Moongrass wrote:Titus why go through using our retrigger to do that when we could just look for the 1 and 2 scum anyway because I am close to certain that there's no way all 3 scum got into the first coalition.
Because it mathematically eliminates scumteam. Being confident and leaving zero outs are two very different things.
I answered this question for myself as soon as I posted. You're one of those people which isn't a bad thing. It just seems that it's a waste as the repick is one-shot and there are plenty of events that will PoE for you without us using the shot so hastily.
In post 5046, Moongrass wrote:I'd rather base my veto off the dance pairings than put 2 town from the coalition up for the kill just to waste our repick on having another coalition fail. That's me though, you were all going to do what you wanted anyway.
In post 5063, Moongrass wrote:Yeah which is again suboptimal and why I don't see the point of vetoing from the coalition.
NanceFloor
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5088 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:16 am

Post by NanceFloor »

In post 5086, NanceFloor wrote:
In post 5080, Moongrass wrote:Has tmck even agreed to go with Titus' plan? Because if that's the route you all choose tmck has to repick coalition tonight.
Who is ultimately vetoed doesn’t really have anything to do with what repicker chooses.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5089 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Moongrass »

In post 5088, NanceFloor wrote:
Who is ultimately vetoed doesn’t really have anything to do with what repicker chooses.
If you're vetoing from the coalition to follow titus' plan if redoing the coalition once two town are killed from that veto then the next day coalition has to picked the previous night for the plan to work. Otherwise we're picking veto from the coalition for no reason.
NanceFloor
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5090 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:22 am

Post by NanceFloor »

Spoiler:
In post 5087, Moongrass wrote:
In post 5085, NanceFloor wrote:
In post 4978, Moongrass wrote:Titus you keep pushing your tactics as the ideal but you don't seem to really believe it. The weak objections to the gamestate aren't helping, any thoughts on how the PoE would work better through coalition vs 1 of 4 would be appreciated.
In post 4991, Moongrass wrote:
In post 4989, Titus wrote:
In post 4968, Moongrass wrote:PB don't bend. Who do you scumread besides those who must not be acknowledged?

Titus what's the two PoE pools if your second coalition faila?
The first coalition ool and the second coalition pool. None of them would have overlapping players minus tmck.
But if both fail it doesn't tell you anything except that tmck is town?
In post 5009, Moongrass wrote:
In post 5004, Titus wrote:
Because it mathematically eliminates scumteam. Being confident and leaving zero outs are two very different things.
I answered this question for myself as soon as I posted. You're one of those people which isn't a bad thing. It just seems that it's a waste as the repick is one-shot and there are plenty of events that will PoE for you without us using the shot so hastily.
In post 5063, Moongrass wrote:Yeah which is again suboptimal and why I don't see the point of vetoing from the coalition.

But we know there’s at least one scum on it. So, at least one, ideally two slots should be in veto to sort that out. I probably should unvote Creature though. I want to hear from Clem first.
NanceFloor
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5091 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:24 am

Post by NanceFloor »

In post 5089, Moongrass wrote:
In post 5088, NanceFloor wrote:
If you're vetoing from the coalition to follow titus' plan if redoing the coalition once two town are killed from that veto then the next day coalition has to picked the previous night for the plan to work. Otherwise we're picking veto from the coalition for no reason.
Yeah, I think repicker has to do it at night. I’m still not following?
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5092 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Moongrass »

That was probably hard to follow because that didn't make sense to me. I'll try again.

Titus plan:

- Veto from previous coaltion
- 2 die
- repicker chooses coalition
- form a coaltion with remaining players + tmck to see if we win the game.
- if we don't win then we know there are scum in both groups.

Without the repicker choosing coalition this plan fails and we veto'd from the first coalition pool for nothing.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5093 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Moongrass »

If we're not choosing to follow titus' plan then there's no point in choosing more than 1 or 2 from the coalition for the veto and we may as well just go with our scumreads.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5094 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:30 am

Post by Moongrass »

There's also no point in doing another coalition until we've PoE'd further. Like we could use other events that lead to no NK before tryimg again.
NanceFloor
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5095 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:31 am

Post by NanceFloor »

In post 4432, Titus wrote:VOTE: Creature Clemency Chemist Pink Ball

Join me. We can bicker tomorrow about the next step.
I don’t think PB is scum, so I won’t sheep you on that.

I would tr Creature for tr PB/Ank but scum!him also tr Ank in Topaz, so he doesn’t get towncred for that.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5096 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Moongrass »

And based on how little info coalition is giving us I wonder if that's even an opti mal choice for repick.
NanceFloor
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5097 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:35 am

Post by NanceFloor »

In post 5092, Moongrass wrote:That was probably hard to follow because that didn't make sense to me. I'll try again.

Titus plan:

- Veto from previous coaltion
- 2 die
- repicker chooses coalition
- form a coaltion with remaining players + tmck to see if we win the game.
- if we don't win then we know there are scum in both groups.

Without the repicker choosing coalition this plan fails and we veto'd from the first coalition pool for nothing.
Yes but tmck indicated he was onboard with this. I think he will go with whatever the majority decide. My hope is that we actually catch the scum in the coalition, which is most likely between Chemist/Clemency. I didn’t want to vote Creature until he A) vetoed Maria and b) offered us up as his replacement. :shifty:
NanceFloor
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5098 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:37 am

Post by NanceFloor »

In post 5093, Moongrass wrote:If we're not choosing to follow titus' plan then there's no point in choosing more than 1 or 2 from the coalition for the veto and we may as well just go with our scumreads.
Scum can only kill 2 slots, that’s why I don’t see the point of her plan.
NanceFloor
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
NanceFloor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5099 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:39 am

Post by NanceFloor »

In post 5094, Moongrass wrote:There's also no point in doing another coalition until we've PoE'd further. Like we could use other events that lead to no NK before tryimg again.
Coalition is only an option if less than 3 scum are dead. Once we’ve killed two more, coalition becomes unusable.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”