Mini 2074: Madness at Port Arthur (Game Over)

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 863, skitter30 wrote:
In post 831, RCEnigma wrote:So I'm not incentivized to defend FL here but it's likely the worst Lynch for day 1 at least. I think persi voting there is town however, I'd prefer targeting scumreads over a slot that may not be a threat to town in the first place.

VOTE: Tris
you've convinced me that you're town but not really that Tris is scum but I'll sheep it.
uhhhhhh
is this talking to me?

this is ... not a good vote

UNVOTE:
That was to Persi. I didn't know you were voting Tris. It basically comes down to Tris being in my null piling and trusting that Persivuls push comes from town over scum. Not that I necessarily read them as scummy.
funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by funkybike1 »

skitter30 wrote:@mod can you prod clearly and brown eyes please?
I was literally in the process of doing that as you were making that post. ClearlyClarity, ceejayvinoya, Fuscezu, and Brown Eyes have all been prodded.
I've quit the site. Don't PM me; I won't respond.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by skitter30 »

tyty :)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Only played with CC once, my read on her was more of a personality based read compared to meta.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by skitter30 »

ok i was wondering because it looked like you posted in a few of the newbie games i just skimmed

how do you think her personality here comapres to her personality in that game? and her content here vs her content in that game?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I light buss, medium buss, or hard buss depending on how bad I'm playing as scum.

There's no room for townreading scum.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 3:34 pm

Post by skitter30 »

ok
i'm actually pretty sure she's scum based on meta here

there's a small chance that this is town her feeling intimadited and thus not posting but looking at her newbie towngames - town!her is engaged, and has orignal and nuanced content, both of which are features that are kinda lacking here

scum!her, to make up for that, is cheery and is more 'chatty' i guess is a good way to put it, talking about her games and her experience without actually talking about game events - look at the beginning of her iso - it takes a *very* long time before she actually produces content, and a lot of it is ? and not entirely relevant (ie focusing on how people reacted to her entrance hundreds of posts later, when most other players already forgot about it)

and i'm a little surprised tha tyou were townreading her for her tone given that you played with scum!her and from what you wrote here it looks like you townread scum!her for that too

oh and also ellitell is a thing here, if people ascribe to that tell
Show
Hiatus once more.

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 3:35 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 879, skitter30 wrote:ok i was wondering because it looked like you posted in a few of the newbie games i just skimmed

how do you think her personality here comapres to her personality in that game? and her content here vs her content in that game?
They were games I followed to varying degrees. She's noticeably more comfortable in her newbie games. But it's an apples to oranges comparison since she's a newer player. Jumping into a different queue is daunting. Also I do believe she's rolled scum more than town afaik so comparing directly would probably be more favorable to her if there are deviations.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 646, skitter30 wrote:
In post 620, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 590, Chara wrote:
In post 469, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 466, Irrelephant11 wrote:Mm those aren't bad reasons, actually.
Irrelephant — you were one of the four people who commented on my post, and subsequently, one of the people I'm going to have on my radar. I'm far more defensive on this than I should be but when one-third of the game is scumreading me for my intro post I have to wonder what exactly is up with it that makes it so off. Please elaborate.
why does this make you think there's scum in the group of players who didn't like your intro post?

i might have missed you already talking about this, but that sort of post is (historically) one that could come from scum and could be poked at at the beginning of the game. and by that i mean commenting on the speed of the game like that.
the fact that it's this many players should tell you it's NAI, unless you think scum as a whole was going after it.
I’m perfectly willing to overlook one or two people going “eh I don’t teally like this entrance” after the fact, but when four people felt the need to chime in on one post it gives off a major LAMIST vibe (“yeah I totally scumread that post too, fellow townies!”) Especially when it’s hundreds of posts later when some people have completely forgotten about it.

Perhaps I should revise to say that I specifically read the latest few players who jumped on the “clarity’s intro is scummy” wagon.
Wasnt fuscosco's post hundreds of posts later because he was ... reading the thread thru for the first time there?

Like that's a very different context than how you're presenting it here?
also this
Show
Hiatus once more.

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I think that's a fair assessment, I was already pushed on that by MKM I believe. I don't think I read her town here for the same reason I read her town in that newbie game though.

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt day 1.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 882, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 879, skitter30 wrote:ok i was wondering because it looked like you posted in a few of the newbie games i just skimmed

They were games I followed to varying degrees. She's noticeably more comfortable in her newbie games. But it's an apples to oranges comparison since she's a newer player. Jumping into a different queue is daunting. Also I do believe she's rolled scum more than town afaik so comparing directly would probably be more favorable to her if there are deviations.
i can understand that but on aggregate ... there's a lot more similar here to how she played scum than how she played town in the newbie queue
Show
Hiatus once more.

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

She will definitely have trouble finding her footing as the game progresses if she's scum.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by skitter30 »

like i gues i feel like town!her doesn't need to search for a way to engage or to produce content, which i feel is happening here - her content doesn't feel ~natural~ if that makes sense
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i guess this could have been a p-edit but i basically feel like she's already failed to do so and that it's scum-indicative for her
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by skitter30 »

brb
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: cleary
Show
Hiatus once more.

Fuscezu
Fuscezu
Goon
Fuscezu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 5:36 pm

Post by Fuscezu »

Prodge
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by ClearlyClarity »

Now I know how Egix felt in 1929 lol
Call me whatever you want...
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 6:15 pm

Post by ClearlyClarity »

Skitter, despite your case on me I feel like you're town for this:
In post 873, skitter30 wrote:(i'm doing a little hw on her rn)
Can't imagine that you'd take the chance to fake a case on me by holding the burden of proof so early, unless you deliberately waited as a gambit. I'm trusting it's the former.
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 6:28 pm

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 887, skitter30 wrote:like i gues i feel like town!her doesn't need to search for a way to engage or to produce content, which i feel is happening here - her content doesn't feel ~natural~ if that makes sense
It isn't. I've sheeped off people's reads to compile the mess of a readslist I made because I felt like I
needed
to post something. To say nothing of how I check this thread at least a couple times every day and catch up and I just don't find anything noteworthy to comment on. In Newbie 1929 — which I presume is the game you read as my activity was the highest it's ever been there — circumstances were different: game was active, lobby was enjoyable, scum played very shiftily. Posting anything in this game feels like chugging on a marathon with mud-covered roads with a 10 ton chain attached to my leg. I know I keep repeating this but I don't know how else to explain why my reads in this game have been nonexistent.
In post 673, ClearlyClarity wrote:I'm just not feeling this game. I'm out of my league. I'm reactive rather than proactive here because I don't know where to begin and the best thing I can do is nod along. I think my flaky play here ought to be town-indicative due to how evident it is that I'm acting completely on my own
This bears repeating too

The only other person in this game that's about as new as I am is MKM's slot (both of them) and for scum!me to basically have absolutely no reads of my own or no direction in my posting would have to be attributed to another newbie as my scumpartner. As scum I do lurk a lot more and post fluff/filler but I'm serious about winning — if I'm scum here with pretty much anyone other than MKM's slot (maybe CJ too idk) I absolutely would ask my scumbuddy to coach me, even to use me as a scapegoat if it helps the scumteam. Unless you think I'm 3p scum, but. If FL's claim holds water then another 3p sounds like a bit of a stretch. :neutral:
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by ClearlyClarity »

Oh yeah, regarding scum!me in Newbie games being cheery and talkative: I'm not exactly having the time of my life in this game, so.
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 6:43 pm

Post by ClearlyClarity »

Ok I feel a bit bad now about how I wrote that. I'm willing to have a conversation with someone about FL's claim if anyone wants to
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 6:45 pm

Post by tris »

In post 896, ClearlyClarity wrote:Ok I feel a bit bad now about how I wrote that. I'm willing to have a conversation with someone about FL's claim if anyone wants to
What about it?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 7:00 pm

Post by tris »

If he's going to be cooperating with the town, he ought to be doing some scumhunting or something. That's my thoughts.
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 7:03 pm

Post by ClearlyClarity »

The part where he's a 3p that's better lynched later. I can't think of a role where that's a possible thing. If Survivors and Jesters are out, and SK doesn't fit the criteria, then what?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”