Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2019 8:29 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.05

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

The Grand Sham
(2): TTTT, u r a person 2
TTTT
(2): The Grand Sham, Alexander489
Eggs
(1): Voted
u r a person 2
(1): zeebu
zeebu
(1): RCEnigma

Not Voting
(2): Eggs, Saladman27

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-05-24 22:00:00).

Mod notes:
Everyone is here!
Last edited by Plotinus on Mon May 20, 2019 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2019 10:03 pm

Post by Voted »

Sham, could you more elaborate your read on Eggs, please?
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 4:46 am

Post by Eggs »

Grand Sham and Alexander, would you mind going through the thread and picking out your best two or three guesses at who is Mafia please? And why?
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 11:23 am

Post by Saladman27 »

If you can't, do what I do and give us Town reads instead, they're just as helpful
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by TTTT »

In post 117, The Grand Sham wrote: TTTT, why did my Falnders-like post give you a scum read on me? Is there anyone else the appears to be scum to you? How can they pretend that you're not in the game since you colored me as scum after my first post?
1. it was overenthusiastic and team-building
2. not really
3. through the wonders of imagination
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by TTTT »

In post 111, Alexander489 wrote:VOTE: TTTT
is this RVS or based on your reads?
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 2:40 pm

Post by TTTT »

@Voted
I know all you want is to talk about eggs
I'll share my thoughts on eggs if you share your thoughts on Sham
deal?
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 9:52 pm

Post by Eggs »

VOTE: The Grand Sham

L-2.

Need your opinions please.

So far you haven't shown any sign of trying to find who is town/scum. Your only reads, in , seem to be entirely based on your read of the prevailing thread opinion not your read of the individuals concerned.

Please convince me otherwise. Say something new.

4 days.
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 9:55 pm

Post by Eggs »

Not a massive fan of a day 1 TTTT lynch. I think he should be relatively high on the investigative priority list as a mislynch there would be unfortunate.

I think we can do better.
zeebu
zeebu
Goon
zeebu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 1:12 am

Post by zeebu »

In post 124, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 87, The Grand Sham wrote:If he does I would be happy to pull mine. Are you also voting with TTTT, Enigma?
But then immediately follows with this post implying the opposite.
im not sure what you mean by this post?
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 1:24 am

Post by Eggs »

He's saying that Grand Sham voting TTTT thinking he's scum (because he voted a townie and scum vote townies) is towny from a new player perspective.

But then Grand Sham says that the scum read isn't real and the vote will therefore be pulled once TTTT unvotes i.e. it was purely a defensive vote.
zeebu
zeebu
Goon
zeebu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 1:32 am

Post by zeebu »

In post 135, Eggs wrote:He's saying that Grand Sham voting TTTT thinking he's scum (because he voted a townie and scum vote townies) is towny from a new player perspective.

But then Grand Sham says that the scum read isn't real and the vote will therefore be pulled once TTTT unvotes i.e. it was purely a defensive vote.
thats what it seems like, but i still want to hear it from RCE. just felt like there was more meaning behind it.
zeebu
zeebu
Goon
zeebu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 1:38 am

Post by zeebu »

eggs, what do you think of salad?

in particular is last three posts 89 99 128
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 am

Post by Eggs »

Not a fan at all. He's given (incomplete with no scum) reads which is something but otherwise not contributing. But he is asking others to? Better than nothing i guess but....not helpful?
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 1:58 am

Post by Eggs »

To elaborate on 'not helpful', I this is also scum-indicative to a non-zero extent which depends on the player involved.
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 2:02 am

Post by Saladman27 »

I’m just really stumped and can’t do reads on my own, I can’t even ask questions.
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 2:03 am

Post by Saladman27 »

*myself
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 2:06 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

i think eggs is town
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 2:07 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

I won't be surprised if salad is town
103-11 0-2
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 2:26 am

Post by Eggs »

In post 140, Saladman27 wrote:I’m just really stumped and can’t do reads on my own, I can’t even ask questions.
Just give it a go. Doesn't matter if you're totally wrong, just a couple of comments on posts that stood out to you since your last post, each time you post.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 3:23 am

Post by Voted »

In post 131, TTTT wrote:@Voted
I know all you want is to talk about eggs
I'll share my thoughts on eggs if you share your thoughts on Sham
deal?
I am sorry, but I would like to refuse your generous offer; I want to give place to Salad/ zeebu/ Sham to share they opinions about Eggs so they contribute same interesting posts. Salad/ zeebu/ Sham, do you also think that Eggs is faking his activity so he seems towny?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 3:35 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 145, Voted wrote:I am sorry, but I would like to refuse your generous offer; I want to give place to Salad/ zeebu/ Sham to share they opinions about Eggs so they contribute same interesting posts. Salad/ zeebu/ Sham, do you also think that Eggs is faking his activity so he seems towny?
Wait, you don't want to talk about other slots because you think it will stop them from posting?

This makes no sense and sounds like a made-up reason to only focus on one slot.
103-11 0-2
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 3:46 am

Post by RCEnigma »

So I have a current town block of myself, eggs, urap, salad that I think is pretty solid but is still only 4 slots and not poe'able. I tend to have pretty spot on early suspicions I end up talking myself out of but I'm convincing myself TTTT is scum more and more.

I don't really want to get into preflip associatives but I think I have a general idea of who the partner would be and I find them both individually scummy.

Anyways, TTTT's responses aren't convincing me he's town. For one he's fine with the apathy it seems, and allowing the new slots to lead the game. It's alarming for me specifically considering the game we played with voted and salad could have easily been derailed for the same reasons and was a critical point touched on post game.

I intentionally attempted to create a conflict with TTTT, somewhat like an aggression check that he immediately backed off of instead of pressing my motives. Forcing a 1v1 early probably would have been a good topic of discussion a level above rvs discussion.

The more that slots are forced to make a hard stance and pick a side the better for town to snuff out actual intentions. But he won't be pressured if the issue isn't pushed so
VOTE: TTTT
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 3:48 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 136, zeebu wrote:
In post 135, Eggs wrote:He's saying that Grand Sham voting TTTT thinking he's scum (because he voted a townie and scum vote townies) is towny from a new player perspective.

thats what it seems like, but i still want to hear it from RCE. just felt like there was more meaning behind it.
Townies tend to reaction vote slots that are accusatory of them and I would have townread it outright if Sham didn't flip the thought process in the very next post.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 3:49 am

Post by Voted »

In post 119, The Grand Sham wrote:
In post 118, u r a person 2 wrote:I called you scum primarily for this:
In post 51, The Grand Sham wrote:Hey folks!
but also for this:
In post 51, The Grand Sham wrote:please forgive all dumb/stupid/moronic/imbecilic and oblivious to the obvious mistakes that I make. That being said, let's find us some scum!
At a general level, you exhibited a tell I call "new player awkward entrance" (the name is awkward, too, I know). Basically, new scum get their role pm, and everything they think of saying to open the game feels awkward af to them. The result is a stilted entrance, much like the one you exhibited. This awkwardness tends to calm down after a bit of not being caught, so it's easiest to see at the start of the game.

A subset of that is the "Hey guys!" tell. Again, this is only for fresh players. For whatever reason, new scum players are statistically significantly more likely than new town players to greet the entire thread. e.g., "hey guys!" "Hello!" "Hi everyone." "Whats up guys"

This doesn't apply to individual greetings like "Hey TTTT!" or "RCE, GS, nice to see you again"

I didn't want to out it until everyone had given an entrance, but i think that's the case. And either way, it's time to get this show on the road.

Okay, so I play a ton of One Night Ultimate Werewolf. On our boards, we're quite goofy over there. My opening post was a reflection upon that.
You call it stilted, I call it goofy. And I'm probably going to continue to do that on the next game because that's who I am, D1 lynch or not because, call me crazy, but I like to have fun in my games. The visceral annoyance I felt at being immediately accused of being evil wasn't something I had expected with such immediacy and I probably reacted poorly as a result.

My brother, Kison on these boards, warned me of the argumentative nature of this game and to not to get too upset over it. It's a different flavor of the same idea but I'm not yet nuanced on it. But again, I like to have
FUN
. If this is some meta that I can't work around then blah blah blah, but I'm going to be me around here, like it meta or no.

So again...
hey folks! I just got off the bus and I heard that this town has a Mafia problem. Let's go out and lynch us some scum and laugh at them as they soil themselves while twitching at the end of our well tied noose!

Do I undestand it correctly, that you use very similar opening posts in One Night Ultimate Werewolf as was your opening post here?
Including that hey folks thing?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”