insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 3:38 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 465, Baezu wrote:
In post 457, the worst wrote:Don't worry Baezu I'm town <3
how do you feel about insomnia?
Like I said, he either doesn’t understand what having 2 out of the 3 people from the failed M1 means probabilisticly or he’s scum.

Leaning towards the latter
You weak wolves are failing to understand that if I’m villager, I’m only pushing one potential scum in the mission. But when you are informed minority, it’s quite hard to understand uninformed majority simple thought process.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 3:39 am

Post by insomnia »

I’m locking baezu as scum btw. Seems I was right from day one.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 3:40 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 452, Baezu wrote:
In post 367, PenguinPower wrote:Hey duck!

We seem to have somewhat similar reads. Why do you read singleton as town?
Could the worst finally be scum?!
Scum.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 3:43 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 454, Baezu wrote:
In post 404, Chito and Yuuri wrote:
In post 314, insomnia wrote:I'd take a me - singleton - chara - to be determined team composition or I riot
Chito: So in what world does this make sense? We just have a mission fail, and so your response is to nominate two of the people on the team that failed?
Probabilisticly, there is a 50/50 chance that one of the two people from the failed M1 is scum...

Either a)this wasn’t well thought out or b) insomnia is scum

Either way,
vote:veto
Ignoring the fact that chara was on the mission to shade me.

From a villager!me PoV, it’s fucking dumb for Chito and Baezu to say “You’re pushing 2 people in the mission that have failed the first one” referring to me and Chara. I know I’m town, so I’m only pushing a 50% scum chance on the mission.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 3:43 am

Post by the worst »

Insomnia sell me on scum!Baezu? Or just show me what you're seeing as scum there?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 3:45 am

Post by the worst »

In post 475, insomnia wrote:
Like I said, he either doesn’t understand what having 2 out of the 3 people from the failed M1 means probabilisticly or he’s scum.

You weak wolves are failing to understand that if I’m villager, I’m only pushing one potential scum in the mission. But when you are informed minority, it’s quite hard to understand uninformed majority simple thought process.
In this case why not leave yourself in and omit Chara? I think that's a more fair question.

There might be a temptation to form a faux guilty by having a slot knock missions back b2b with you but you currently have a dichotomy of {Chito, Chara} which fypov absolutely must contain scum if you're town.

Why not solve that? => why suggest a team with yourself + one player with a 50% chance of being scum + another player at rand?
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 3:51 am

Post by insomnia »

I love gambling and being right.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 3:52 am

Post by Chara »

In post 470, the worst wrote:Reading the ~tone~ I also think you're all uncomfortable with my slot which means this is hardmode

I need four real strong townreads and so far I have
two
i'm even more uncomfortable with how you've attempted to make the scumread on me seem like a very advanced thought, while the read itself boils down to "Chara hasn't brought its town ferocity, it only seems like it has". i want to know what you mean by this and what you know about my scumgame in more detail.

but what really bothers me is you managed that entire catchup without giving any indication you wanted to interact with me. maybe the scumread was that attempt, but given all you've done is apply meta very vaguely that my game right now isn't good enough to be my towngame, there isn't much discussion to be had.
you mentioned that i would agree with you on this point, actually. why is that?

also, why do you think Chito is town now?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 3:53 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 455, Baezu wrote:
In post 404, Chito and Yuuri wrote:
In post 314, insomnia wrote:I'd take a me - singleton - chara - to be determined team composition or I riot
Chito: So in what world does this make sense? We just have a mission fail, and so your response is to nominate two of the people on the team that failed?
Ftr- Chito town, TLK town

These two should be on every mission
When you warrant a town read on someone that has been on a failed mission, I reckon you ought to say why you think that said person is town. Otherwise, your case on me is hypocritical.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 3:58 am

Post by Chara »

i don't see a Chito/insomnia team because i have't found anything that looks like signaling. i also believe it's a stronger move for scum to be the only scum on the first mission, because it gives exactly one more option for taking the fall for the mission failing.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 4:01 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 480, the worst wrote:
In post 475, insomnia wrote:

In this case why not leave yourself in and omit Chara? I think that's a more fair question.

There might be a temptation to form a faux guilty by having a slot knock missions back b2b with you but you currently have a dichotomy of {Chito, Chara} which fypov absolutely must contain scum if you're town.

Why not solve that? => why suggest a team with yourself + one player with a 50% chance of being scum + another player at rand?
You kind of answered the question yourself, what else is there you want me to answer on this? Doesn't the fact that I am pushing one player who was on the mission imply I have decided they're the other town on the mission?

If scum failed the first mission (which is a dumb move btw) then I'll take on their mistake. I'll transform our loss into success. There's no reason for me not to solve the dichotomy and go for another completely new variable that I have no information on. I'm picking a team BASED on information from the first mission. You trying to make me search where I don't have clues is iffy.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 4:05 am

Post by the worst »

In post 482, Chara wrote:
In post 470, the worst wrote:Reading the ~tone~ I also think you're all uncomfortable with my slot which means this is hardmode

I need four real strong townreads and so far I have
two
i'm even more uncomfortable with how you've attempted to make the scumread on me seem like a very advanced thought, while the read itself boils down to "Chara hasn't brought its town ferocity, it only seems like it has". i want to know what you mean by this and what you know about my scumgame in more detail.

but what really bothers me is you managed that entire catchup without giving any indication you wanted to interact with me. maybe the scumread was that attempt, but given all you've done is apply meta very vaguely that my game right now isn't good enough to be my towngame, there isn't much discussion to be had.
you mentioned that i would agree with you on this point, actually. why is that?

also, why do you think Chito is town now?
Did you need me to signal that I want to interact with you? :c I thought that was a given. I absolutely love interacting with you.

My understanding of your scumgame is *mostly* from your hydra marathon with Almost50. Your earlier posting was sound and critical and looked towny enough but had a missing depth which is discernibly different from your towngame. Do you think that assessment is unfair?

(Also sorry because I think I've done this to you at least once before) If I should have a better read than this could you show me where you think you've towntold outside your scum range? I'd he interested to see it.

I'm not dressing my read on you up as anything more than it is. You know the way I sort - my reads are in perpetual flux when I'm town. :lol:
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 4:07 am

Post by Chara »

i should stop skimming catchups, starting with not missing the entirety of page 17.
and knowing Chito is Krazy is something. it also explains the worst's townread that formed there with this entire interaction i didn't read.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 4:09 am

Post by the worst »

In post 485, insomnia wrote:You kind of answered the question yourself, what else is there you want me to answer on this? Doesn't the fact that I am pushing one player who was on the mission imply I have decided they're the other town on the mission?

If scum failed the first mission (which is a dumb move btw) then I'll take on their mistake. I'll transform our loss into success. There's no reason for me not to solve the dichotomy and go for another completely new variable that I have no information on. I'm picking a team BASED on information from the first mission. You trying to make me search where I don't have clues is iffy.
If you force this mechanical guilty please acknowledge that to the rest of us, that remains a mechanical DICHOTOMY between you and the player you have soft guiltied. Not a guilty. We would then need a lot of townies to correctly read you to even make use of your information, and you roll the dice on two failed missions.

Baezu suggesting that there may be scum motivation here is entirely valid. I don't necessarily think you're scum at the moment, but I think you should take another look at her points because I think she's been very critical.

If you think I'm not giving your plan enough credit, just fill me in (to be transparent, that's what I was asking for when I asked my last question :D)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 4:09 am

Post by the worst »

In post 487, Chara wrote:i should stop skimming catchups, starting with not missing the entirety of page 17.
and knowing Chito is Krazy is something. it also explains the worst's townread that formed there with this entire interaction i didn't read.
Yeah sorry. I forgot to answer that.
Krazzy + our conversation.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 4:12 am

Post by the worst »

If Chito is scum he's the most exposed scum prospect on that wagon, I think. He would then have had to respond to me (who loves him to bits) replacing in, starting off with him as a scumread, and deciding to balk at my decision to try to position him for a mislynch and accuse me of being scum based on a meta informed decision based on meta I wasn't informed on.

It's loosely possible this would occur to scum!Krazzy but I'm letting myself townread him on a couple of other weaker meta points. His enthusiasm and tone here are town indicative. I think he's been frustrated by things which I would expect him to be frustrated at as town, before scum.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 4:14 am

Post by the worst »

It's not quite a halo above his head, but I think it's a sound start. :) Plus talking to him felt like talking to someone very real. It's a bit like the energy I was just starting to get from PP when we were exchanging posts. I don't think we got far enough for me to have a confident read on PP yet but I doooo think he approached my sub with a kind of enthusiasm which takes some energy to fake.

But hence why he's nullishtown :3
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 4:15 am

Post by Chara »

In post 486, the worst wrote:My understanding of your scumgame is *mostly* from your hydra marathon with Almost50. Your earlier posting was sound and critical and looked towny enough but had a missing depth which is discernibly different from your towngame. Do you think that assessment is unfair?
it's not unfair.

i'm also kind of uncomfortable pointing out which of my posts here i think are out of my scumrange, because it feels rather self-aggrandizing to do so in such an explicit way. the main difference would be in that marathon my posting around my own feelings felt very stilted to me, and by the end of the game i was leaving most of the posting to Almost as i was afraid of giving myself away. as town i have no reason to hold off on a post, and as scum i do so often. but in spite of that i think i'm really hard to activity tell, because i'll get lazy unless town is about to lose, at which point i would go all in.
as for wanting to interact with me, i'm just surprised you came up with such a strong scumread without doing so first. i know you just said your reads are in flux, so it may not be as strong as i'd thought, but that's how i felt upon reading it.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 4:19 am

Post by the worst »

I think the strength you're reading into it may be augmented by the suddenness of it maybe? I did go from "yea chara is town" to "AHH I REREAD AND NOEP" at like 100 miles a second so I may have given you a bit of whiplash. :oops:

I agree that you're hard to activity tell, but I do think you often towntell via ~presence~. If that makes sense. :P
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 4:21 am

Post by Chara »

In post 485, insomnia wrote:There's no reason for me not to solve the dichotomy and go for another completely new variable that I have no information on. I'm picking a team BASED on information from the first mission. You trying to make me search where I don't have clues is iffy.
i thought BNS picked this team. i don't see you saying anywhere that Chara should be on this mission over Chito.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 4:21 am

Post by the worst »

Did you have much takeaway from my posts other than my kinda wonky approach to reading you?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 4:22 am

Post by the worst »

Oops sorry if I'm interrupting your method. We can interact later if that's easier.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 4:25 am

Post by Chara »

In post 496, the worst wrote:Oops sorry if I'm interrupting your method. We can interact later if that's easier.
haha, the two conversations are unrelated, it's fine.

and as for thoughts on your entrance, i'm sort of already townreading you. which is bad because i always townread you. i just think it's a bad entrance for scum worst to show up and scumread me when he knows how that would go, and it fits better with the scum insomnia town Chito world i'm looking at right now.

too bad there are like 5 other players in this game and two of em are on the current mission.
and speaking of
VOTE: veto
the next mission is mine.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 4:26 am

Post by Chara »

i got distracted writing that, i also wanted to say that i liked your Chito turnaround and conversation with them. and the explanation for the read on me.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 4:29 am

Post by the worst »

yay I fixed my slot!
ok let's both do awesome things then reconvene and we can read each other totally comfortably.

VOTE: veto I'm fine with this

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”