Mini 2074: Madness at Port Arthur (Game Over)

tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by tris »

Sometimes I do feel like I want people to vote for me. I don't know why.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 5:57 pm

Post by tris »

VOTE: Clarity
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 906, Irrelephant11 wrote:I'm kinda fine with a Clarity lynch because I agree with skitter's points about her meta. Otoh, her response that she'd be doing better if she has experienced partners rings sorta true, but there's situations where scum might bus her early or something so that's not exactly a clearing reason.
Can't shake the feeling Smile is a good lynch and skitter's avoiding it, though
Oookay but

Who do you think is actually bussing me right now? Like... to bus me you'd have to actually interact with me? And no one's interested in engaging in discussion with me except to tell me how I'm not saying anything? And even if my scumteam was planning to bus me I'd still be looking for advice on whom I should townread/scumread so that it aligns more with their reads and subsequent bus. I wouldn't have absolutely no reads whatsoever
In post 908, skitter30 wrote:b) so that's the thing, i think that you being unable to think of anything to say is scum-indicative of you, based on your prior games. in your towngames you were able to post content that showed you were thinking about the game, even if it was wrong or looked kinda scummy - it was there. in your scumgames you don't. you post a lot, but it's mostly fluff, and the actual content is very surface-level observations. and here that's kinda what you're doing. you posted a lot of fluff and you don't really have content - most of what you say doesn't track as a coherent thought process.
Right, but even in my scumgames I still try to post
some
sort of faux-reads. Like, I'd know the alignment of every player in the game and be able to bullshit up some sort of case for lynchbait or my partner or w/e. Tbf this is a game with 3p elements, but I'd still be able to bus my partner or assume that a given player is highly likely town in this scenario.

Idk. I feel like I'm being gone after because I'm lhf who's easy to scumcase due to my having played less games than everyone else here and not being familiar with other players' meta. I suppose having newbie lynchbait is useful when there's only two days left to go to settle on a lynch and everyone else's reads are everywhere
Call me whatever you want...
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by tris »

Do you think anyone going after you is scum?
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 6:51 pm

Post by ClearlyClarity »

No actually, since I read both irrel and skitter as town. You're more of a wildcard though.
Call me whatever you want...
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 10:53 pm

Post by Persivul »

Since we can't agree on who's scum, we could, you know - lynch the claimed 3P who we're eventually gonna have to lynch anyway.

If you're not wary of Flavor and this claim - you should be.

Do you see him doing any analysis and trying to lynch scum?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 2:34 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I have no idea which lynch I want most.
Clarity/Fuscezu/Smile/FL seem to be the ones that might happen. We have 26 hours. Anyone got a strong reason to not lynch any of this list?

I get the feeling the people I townread are just sorta *generally* townread and ditto for my scumreads, which means either I've had an outsize influence on the game and have good reads or scum are happy with the current consensus because there's still a good chance today will end in a mislynch
But that gamestate read isn't helping me figure out which of Clarity/Fus/Smile is/are scum and which are scum-led counterwagons
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 2:37 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I think Clarity townreading me and skitter is maybe town-indicative? It's easier to push a counterwagon if you label your own wagon as the scum-designated mislynch. I also don't entirely disagree with clarity's points about having no reads, since scum have more information, not less.

Brown Eyes might also just be scum here hmmmmm
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 2:38 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

VOTE: Smile
Their posts on the last page pinged me a bunch, though I'm not 100% sure I can explain why. I'll try to explain anyway I guess so that this vote doesn't just add to the list of potential-scum-defending-scum-by-shifting-wagons
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 2:48 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I think my main problem with is that Beauty is basically just saying "I'm voting fusc, because I think tris might be scum". There's a lot of words but the thing that's missing is definitely any actual reason to vote fus.
In post 918, Smile wrote:Maybe it's because a lot of what you said in RVS wasn't very funny and can be read as light reads rather than jokes. I look back at your reads over the trajectory of the day and some of your read developments particularly coming out of RVS just look fake. Look at your joke and give me one reason not to see it as weak distancing? OK sure, you can say, 'haha that read was a joke' but there's basically no difference between one of your jokes and someone else giving a basic gut reaction. Except that in each case your later reads on your "joke reads" ends up being townreads.

-Beauty
In post 922, Smile wrote:The issue for me is more that your RVS has a lot of joke reads, which says to me that you weren't really trying to sort people but were just playing politically instead.

I feel like you're trying to goad me back into voting you right now though which is weird.

Maybe you're not groupscum?

-Beauty
Then these two posts are bizarre. Which if I'm right about who Beauty is, that's a word I've used to describe their scumplay before - But regardless, "you weren't really trying to sort people but were just playing politically" is a terrible terrible scumread on tris' early posts that reads to me like a blatant refusal to believe something completely believable and very likely - that tris was joking - in favor of just *choosing* to scumread tris.

I agree with tris' point that "If fus flips scum, I'd look at tris" probably doesn't come from scum trying to bus their partner (though that was already kinda obvious from the survivalistic vote) - but it does read to me like "If fus flips town, I'll probably still just scumread tris" because the only reason Beauty gives for voting fus is that tris is probably scum

I also think {Brown Eyes, Clarity} isn't a pair of people town!Smile sheeps here near end of day. I think skitter is right that the vote is for survival
If this flips scum like 3-4 people become much townier in my eyes

Oh also the way Beauty tries and basically fails to scumread tris --> then tries to label them 3P to get away with scumreading tris --> then just sorta drops it and disappears without any real conclusion does NOT feel like scumhunting
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 2:50 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I could settle for a Flavor lynch but if he's really 3P my internal setup spec-ometer (which is not reliable) says killing him D1 makes the setup an uphill battle for town.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 3:03 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 935, Irrelephant11 wrote:I could settle for a Flavor lynch but if he's really 3P my internal setup spec-ometer (which is not reliable) says killing him D1 makes the setup an uphill battle for town.
Why?

I'm not saying you're wrong, just want to understand.

As I see the gamestate: I have my personal reasons for reading you as town. Aside from that, everyone's been pretty bland. There's no strong reads either way. There's a lot of lurking and we're probably going to end up with a plurality lynch, so we won't get much info from the wagons. So, we lynch a 3P who claims that he'll need to be lynched later anyway (at LYLO, which is way suspicious - no coming back if he's lying), and give the PRs a night for actions.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 3:08 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Well mainly I mean to say that if he's telling the truth about his role it sounds powerful and if he's telling the truth about his wincon he can win with town. So killing him kills a strong semi-town PR
Which are of course reasons why it's a stellar fakeclaim he might just ride out to D2 or later but it does give me pause (and this is besides the fact that town!him would potentially make the same fake claim, though I don't believe very strongly that this is the case)

Smile, otoh, I scumread.

But your points are good too, which is why, like I said, I'll vote FL if the votes are there.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 3:10 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

How do you read Smile, Persivul? Do you agree/disagree with my recent posts about them?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 3:11 am

Post by skitter30 »

I know it's close to deadline, will be here tonight after work
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 3:22 am

Post by Persivul »

I think I figured out Flavor. Not precisely, but in general.
UNVOTE:
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 3:42 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 938, Irrelephant11 wrote:How do you read Smile, Persivul? Do you agree/disagree with my recent posts about them?
I agree, and also agree with skitter in . Also I read their full ISO (and fuscezo's). I was giving them a bit of a pass because I think a 5-headed hydra would likely look bad/strange regardless of alignment (and was pointing PRs to them for that reason), but yeah, they're pretty bad.
VOTE: Smile

People should vote for smile or fusc, or if another wagon is desired, start it ASAP.
Smile
Smile
Goon
Smile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 5:10 am

Post by Smile »

Actually sheeping brown eyes is 90% of the reason I want fusco. I don't know why you think I wouldn't? Read undertale, she tends to just have the best reads. Its almost like she is the type of player that would win awards for her townplay. I guess some of the rest will of what I said wasn't that compelling because sheeping brown eyes is literally where I started.

And why exactly do I not want to survive? There is nothing pro-town about being mislynched as town.

As for your other points, no, I wanted fusco before tris and my read on fusco brought me back from tris being the best wagon. Tris is probably just town actually. why are you misrepping like every single thing I wrote?
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 5:14 am

Post by insomnia »

I'M HERE
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 5:14 am

Post by insomnia »

Ah, smile not lynched yet. well.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 5:15 am

Post by insomnia »

At least I'm rallying the troops and hit you with that S T R A P
funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 5:31 am

Post by funkybike1 »

Only 24 hours remain until the end of the first Day. I'm sure none of you need to be reminded, but it's a plurality lynch, No Lynch if there's a tie.
Brown Eyes and ceejayvinoya have each received their second prod.

VOTE COUNT
7 of 13 votes are required to lynch.
Smile (4):
insomnia, Chara, Irrelephant11, Persivul
Fuscezu (3):
Brown Eyes, ClearlyClarity, Smile
ClearlyClarity (2):
skitter30, tris
tris (1):
RCEnigma
RCEnigma (1):
Fuscezu
Irrelephant11 (1):
Flavor Leaf
Not Voting (1):
ceejayvinoya
Deadline is in (expired on 2019-05-22 12:00:00)

I've quit the site. Don't PM me; I won't respond.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 5:32 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 942, Smile wrote:Actually sheeping brown eyes is 90% of the reason I want fusco. I don't know why you think I wouldn't? Read undertale, she tends to just have the best reads. Its almost like she is the type of player that would win awards for her townplay. I guess some of the rest will of what I said wasn't that compelling because sheeping brown eyes is literally where I started.
Brown Eyes has all of 3 posts. You can't possibly be confident she's town at this point. Why would you sheep someone if you're not pretty sure they're town?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 5:41 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 942, Smile wrote:Actually sheeping brown eyes is 90% of the reason I want fusco. I don't know why you think I wouldn't? Read undertale, she tends to just have the best reads. Its almost like she is the type of player that would win awards for her townplay. I guess some of the rest will of what I said wasn't that compelling because sheeping brown eyes is literally where I started.

And why exactly do I not want to survive? There is nothing pro-town about being mislynched as town.

As for your other points, no, I wanted fusco before tris and my read on fusco brought me back from tris being the best wagon. Tris is probably just town actually. why are you misrepping like every single thing I wrote?
Please quote your reasons for voting fuscezu from before my 934. If you can, I'll agree I must have misrepped you. If you can't, I stand by my read of you.

survivalism is scummy when it seems to take precedence over lynching scum.

Ditto what persivul said re:Brown Eyes.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 948, Irrelephant11 wrote:If you can, I'll agree I must have misrepped you.
This was meant to say "if you can quote a scumcase from you on fus, then I'll agree...."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”