the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 10:56 am

Post by the worst »

In post 2, Morality wrote:TASK FORCE

• If Naomi Misora dies, you will also die. You will not be revealed.
• Once per game, you may choose the next player to become the Holder of the Death Note.
• You will win if you complete one of the following.
- Matsuda shoots Kira.
- 3 Task Force Missions Success and L's name is NOT written in the Death Note
• If Naomi Misora dies, you will also die. You will not be revealed. • Once per game, you may choose the next player to become the Holder of the Death Note. • You will win if you complete one of the following.- Matsuda shoots Kira.- 3 Task Force Missions Success and L's name is NOT written in the Death Note
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 10:57 am

Post by Baezu »

So then what’s the use of the power to choose the death note holder?
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 10:58 am

Post by Chara »

In post 595, the worst wrote:
In post 593, Chara wrote:
In post 589, Baezu wrote:What makes you think Chito isn’t town?
because a 50% chance of being scum is too high, even if i scumread insomnia?
From the perspective of someone who knows 0 alignments on the failed mission this is tougher. :( sorry.

How are your reads weighted atm?
i think you misunderstood me. i'm not trying to convince you i should be on the next mission proposal. Chito as the Death Note, and they're picking.
i was saying from my perspective i don't want Chito in. you don't know i'm town so you don't have that perspective.

i'm fairly confident in you town and TLK town. no read on Penguin. insomnia i got bad feelings from in how he pivoted his reads and explained himself after passing that mission from Baked Nips, the fervor was only there after you questioned him and the initial "sure this is cool even if i'm paranoid" doesn't match, to me, the later explanation of it being to test one of the people from the first mission.
i don't know how to feel about Baked Nips, but the feelings got worse after the last mission proposal. Baezu i can kind of see for town but she also makes me nervous because i want to avoid gambles, and she feels like one.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 10:58 am

Post by the worst »

Rem knows who the scumteam are and there's an identical town power. So there is no clear scum motivation in doing it (i.e. it could have been the town guy); it gives either scum a mission, or forces town to use a veto.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:00 am

Post by the worst »

In post 569, Chara wrote:i want to take the worst, and i like singleton and TLK for town as well. that's four including me.
This was your mission proposal, I think. If achievable I'd like to avoid taking anyone from the first mission..if I did take someone, it'd have to be someone I townread (Chito alone atm)
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:00 am

Post by Chara »

In post 601, Baezu wrote:So then what’s the use of the power to choose the death note holder?
if we can choose the next holder, we can circumvent a situation where scum is the holder for a certain mission after teams have been vetoed four times. since the fifth time would be an auto-fail, we would have no choice but the pass the mission scum picked. even with an outed scum Death Note holder there would be no way to avoid sending their team out.
i know i explained this confusingly so if anyone can explain it better please do so.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:01 am

Post by Baezu »

But we only have one of ren/ryuk in the game right?
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:01 am

Post by Chara »

In post 604, the worst wrote:
In post 569, Chara wrote:i want to take the worst, and i like singleton and TLK for town as well. that's four including me.
This was your mission proposal, I think. If achievable I'd like to avoid taking anyone from the first mission..if I did take someone, it'd have to be someone I townread (Chito alone atm)
we can't avoid the first mission
and
two players from the failed mission. there wouldn't be enough left without hitting an inevitably scum.

but i see your point. that's why i was trying to figure out who to trust from my gut proposal.

and i thought you townread Baezu?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:01 am

Post by Chara »

In post 606, Baezu wrote:But we only have one of ren/ryuk in the game right?
yes, it's one or the other.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:02 am

Post by Baezu »

I agree with tw on this chara
Show

The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:02 am

Post by The Last Knight »

It can't change previous missions. It only can affect the current mission bring voted on. And it might not be in the game. We should definitely play around it regardless.

Pedit. This was in response to Baezu but it seems like it was answered.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:03 am

Post by Baezu »

And I agree with chara about insomnia,

Still unsure about baked nips
Show

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:05 am

Post by the worst »

In post 607, Chara wrote:
we can't avoid the first mission
and
two players from the failed mission. there wouldn't be enough left without hitting an inevitably scum.

but i see your point. that's why i was trying to figure out who to trust from my gut proposal.

and i thought you townread Baezu?
I do townread Baezu. Sorry, did I explain something poorly?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Chara »

i thought you were saying that Chito was your only townread, but now i see it was that Chito is the only player you townread from the failed mission.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:08 am

Post by Chara »

In post 609, Baezu wrote:
I agree with tw on this chara
it's a weird sort of annoyance to have to explain that i
get
it, and also that i'm not going to refrain from proposing that i go on missions when i know i'm town, even if i know from an outside point of view the numbers aren't good to be grabbing from the failed mission.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:13 am

Post by the worst »

TLK I think is pretty transparently towny. I get the impression scum might be his preferred alignment but I think he's playing earnestly and not opportunistically. He also hasn't used his towncred for evil which is comforting. :]

Chito (lol your ID is in the player list :<) feels pretty much like regular Krazzy. Possibility he picked frustration and shading me were the correct ways to pocket me in this list given our recent meta; I'd rather operate on the basis that he is town and let him prove me wrong if I'm wrong.

Baezu has been playing this with a pretty straight bat; her posts ring curious and solvey and I don't think she is pushing an agenda here. Her absence is net entirely NAI, and I suspect the fact she got some shade for not being around at all earlier is probably town indicative.

PenguinPower approached me and helped me calibrate reads on rep-in which is something I suspect is town motivated. It's possible he's just scum trying to pocket me at this point, and I haven't seen anything from him which breaks his scumrange yet. But net he's slightly more likely town than scum fmpov.

Baked Nips is rand.

Chara is another person I'm looking for some scumrange breaking content from. :c so far it doesn't feel like its as 'all in' as town!Chara usually does.

Insomnia I'm flip flopping on hard. I got very negative energy when he was briefly here in realtimes so I'm somewhat predisposed towards scumreading him rn. I'll fix this if he's town. :cool:

Singletonking picking up on my townslip was towny. His breaking strat attempt felt reasonably organic in reread. Kind of waiting for more from him.

It feels weird townreading everyone I have a reasonably strong read on :(
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:14 am

Post by the worst »

also my insomnia/Chara t/s read is obviously off the table. :facepalm:
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:14 am

Post by Baezu »

I honestly think that there was only one bad guy on the field mission because if there were two we probably would have seen two fails
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:15 am

Post by Baezu »

Failed*
Show

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:19 am

Post by Chara »

In post 615, the worst wrote:Chara is another person I'm looking for some scumrange breaking content from. :c so far it doesn't feel like its as 'all in' as town!Chara usually does.
half of me wants to prove you wrong, half of me is just tired of maintaining my townread-as-town record since it was broken recently.
are you sure you aren't selectively remembering very memorable moments of me as town and thinking that i have to uphold that at all times? that sounds so exhausting, there's no way i could.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:19 am

Post by the worst »

They have daychat. Did you catch stk's pickup on my townslip?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:20 am

Post by Chara »

In post 617, Baezu wrote:I honestly think that there was only one bad guy on the field mission because if there were two we probably would have seen two fails
since scum have daytalk, there could easily have been two scum that just coordinated their votes. i just don't think it's likely because i don't scumread Chito and because having two possible town to blame is a little easier than having only one.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:21 am

Post by the worst »

In post 619, Chara wrote:
In post 615, the worst wrote:Chara is another person I'm looking for some scumrange breaking content from. :c so far it doesn't feel like its as 'all in' as town!Chara usually does.
half of me wants to prove you wrong, half of me is just tired of maintaining my townread-as-town record since it was broken recently.
are you sure you aren't selectively remembering very memorable moments of me as town and thinking that i have to uphold that at all times? that sounds so exhausting, there's no way i could.
I am to an extent! The shadow of scum!Chara loiters at the back of my memory...and while I don't necessarily expect you to come in like a hurricane, I don't think I've seen anything that makes me go "aww yes that's town!Chara", if that makes sense?

Telling you what I'm looking for would be highly counter productive but I don't expect you to live in the thread powertowning and break 1k posts or anything like that.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:21 am

Post by Baezu »

Well crap, then you’re right tw we can’t be sure there was only one scum on there
Show

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:31 am

Post by Chara »

In post 622, the worst wrote:I am to an extent! The shadow of scum!Chara loiters at the back of my memory...and while I don't necessarily expect you to come in like a hurricane, I don't think I've seen anything that makes me go "aww yes that's town!Chara", if that makes sense?

Telling you what I'm looking for would be highly counter productive but I don't expect you to live in the thread powertowning and break 1k posts or anything like that.
i can't believe i'm being BoPed with my shit winrate. at least let me get to some notoriety first.

that's sort of a joke. but only sort of.
you don't need to tell me what you're looking for, i already know. i'm usually fairly townread in general because i'm easy to talk to and i say things that make sense. i'm not combative and i make little mistakes sometimes that make me seem more honest.
that's true in my scum and my towngames. but as town i'm never afraid to speak and i can freely talk about any of my thoughts without needing to hide them. as scum i have no such freedom so i have to be constantly checking what i've said in the past so i don't say something contradictory. i also hate AtEing as scum so i avoid doing so whenever possible, while as town i have no such qualms since i'm only being honest, and i check myself so i don't say something toxic.

that's my entire impression of my own meta in a nutshell.

i can't expect you to know all of this about me, but i would rather you actually read my play in
this
game and not wait for a towntell that might not come because you don't have a complete understanding of the difference between my town and scumgames.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”