Newbie 1934: Tundra (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 143, thenavneet wrote:
In post 141, thenavneet wrote:Alright I have some time now so I'm gonna try hard for a bit
This ended up not being true. Bah hate work some days. I'll tryhard later at night but I'll allow people to SR me based on these 2 posts
This needs both a prod and a vote

VOTE: navneet
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 12:05 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Prodding thenavneet.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 181, Irrelephant11 wrote:I don’t think navneet is scum based on how many votes he’s gotten tbh
Did the wagon feel real to you?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I don’t have any questions or need for deeper reads yet.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Menalque »

My new strongest scumread is
Voted,
by a tidy amount. See below for why. Other than that I still think that Eggs is the second best for scum, and I'm confused why no one else has pressured him when at least 2-3 others have commented that the L-1/L-2 'mix-up' is a good objective reason to be suspicious.

Reasons to lynch voted:

In post 176, Voted wrote:
In post 115, teacher wrote:
In post 62, Voted wrote:
In post 61, Voted wrote:thenavneet is in L-2, right? Lets put him on L-1 so we get from RVS
VOTE: thenavneet
E: forgot to add the signature so you don't lynch me for fakehammer
I don’t get the e? Plus 61 is actually a double vote from 24 - what’s the point?
I din't wanted to get lynched for a joke.
This is weird. There's no rational reason to think that adding your signature makes you less likely to be lynched for fakehammer. Being particularly concerned about being lynched also seems scummy. Other players (i.e. Cinnamon, who I think is probably town) had what I thought was a more natural response in showing some concern about the logic for why they were being pushed for a lynch without seeming genuinely afraid of it. Likewise, when votes have come my way it hasn't particularly bothered me as I've assumed it was just to add pressure. At this point, voted wasn't really anywhere near at risk. Therefore the concern is excessive.
In post 178, Voted wrote:Actually, list of who I would like to see lynched D1. I will dismiss SEs, because I don't like lynching experienced players D1.
The consideration should not be "is this player experienced" but "has this player done things that seem scummy/that advance the ends of scum". Often, that may be harder to determine with an SE or they may avoid doing it too early on. But it's a bad policy to not consider SEs for a D1 Lynch. It seems scummy and like an attempt to get SEs on side, which also fittingly comes at a point, along with your general activity, when I think people were starting to view you more and more as scum.
In post 182, Voted wrote:Eggs posts reads. Menalque only pushed Eggs for only one thing. D1 you are only guessing who is scum so there is huge chance of mislynch (actually, I have never played a game where town would lynch scum D1). Mislynching good and active player hurts town a lot.
Also, active scum can help town more than lurking town.
In post 189, Flavor Leaf wrote:Eggs and Cinnamon are my stronger town reads right now.
Confused by how more people are not calling this out. This is terrible logic. Active scum are almost certainly not going to be helping town unless they are very bad. On the contrary, good active scum are going to be able to get pushes for wagons on lurking town using
exactly
this logic right here. Yes, active town are more helpful than lurking town. But it's a ridiculous claim that having people actively trying to distort the game in their favour being more active (and therefore arguably more likely to be townread if activity is seen as town-indicative) is more beneficial to town compared to town not posting much.

Eggs related:

In post 147, Eggs wrote:VOTE: Voted
Where did this come from? If I'm right and voted is scum, then this could be used as evidence to defend yourself from scum charges tomorrow, i.e. it's a pre-emptive bus.
In post 166, Eggs wrote:
In post 161, Menalque wrote:I honestly don’t see why Bob is being scumread.
Things that are bothering me:

and are an interesting concern/weak read. By he's townreading someone purely on the basis of voting FL, so presumably he has a hard read at this point? Otherwise that is a free pass he's just given out.

and are too easy. 'Points are reasonable' is very noncommittal and 'keeping options open' maybe?
Okay, this is the thing that -- if someone else starts acting suspiciously -- is most likely to make me stop seeing you as scum. Your objective actions are why you're still high for me, but I like the point about switching to a hard read out of nowhere. Also I feel like saying that my points were reasonable when even I'd admit that a couple of them were stretchy given the overall information at that point may have been trying to pocket me, which kinda worked. Overall though, FL doesn't seem scummy to me, so I'm not buying this as a theory. If Bob's votes end up looking funny tomorrow and yours don't, I could get behind him as Voted's partner.

Other stuff:

In post 152, Cinnamon wrote:One thing that I would really like to hear about are reads on the SEs and their interactions so far. I really don't like that they are all thinking along the same lines
As I believe I mentioned in one of my last two posts, I like this. If there were two of them coordinating, I feel that this would be very likely to be picked up on by the third who would necessarily be town. If one of them is scum, it's harder to predict, but so far I see nothing that seems weird or scummy to me. Then again, I think I'd be less likely to pick up an SE doing that in any case. If I start reading any as scum I doubt it'll be until day 2 based on voting patterns for whoever gets lynched today.
In post 162, teacher wrote: Indeed, the tone comment is odd from someone who writes
Okay, I'm curious. What bearing does that post have on the fact that I don't think tone is very useful for determining who's scum and who's not?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Menalque »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Voted
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Menalque »

That's L-2.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 2:18 pm

Post by Menalque »

Also, I realised I fucked up my formatting in the long post: please ignore the bit where I've quoted FL's #189.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I also think Voted is scum
I also also seriously doubt Menalque is scum here ever
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Goon
Cinnamon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 5:51 pm

Post by Cinnamon »

I agree, Menalque seems really town here
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 6:03 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Like I said Menal vs Eggs was TvT.

And I think Cinnamon is town based on play.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 6:03 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

These are actually rather strong reads, and I don’t know how to explain it better than that. Idk if that makes sense.
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 10:22 pm

Post by Eggs »

Based on his other games, I'm not sure I can distinguish town voted from scum voted. I think I would be ok with lynch here, not because of a scum-read, but on PoE and inability to potentially read as town in future. Has anyone been in a game with him as town and can sort of see any differences in play?

I'm not sure why scum flavour leaf would strong town read two potential mislynches along with menalque. Seems very anti win condition assuming those reads don't flip too easily. Suggests to me that either his partner is in {me, menalque, cinnamon}, or he's not scum.
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 10:27 pm

Post by Eggs »

Further thought, also seems abnormal to strong town read one's partner.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 10:39 pm

Post by Voted »

In post 204, Menalque wrote:
In post 176, Voted wrote:
In post 115, teacher wrote:
In post 62, Voted wrote:
In post 61, Voted wrote:thenavneet is in L-2, right? Lets put him on L-1 so we get from RVS
VOTE: thenavneet
E: forgot to add the signature so you don't lynch me for fakehammer
I don’t get the e? Plus 61 is actually a double vote from 24 - what’s the point?
I din't wanted to get lynched for a joke.
This is weird. There's no rational reason to think that adding your signature makes you less likely to be lynched for fakehammer. Being particularly concerned about being lynched also seems scummy. Other players (i.e. Cinnamon, who I think is probably town) had what I thought was a more natural response in showing some concern about the logic for why they were being pushed for a lynch without seeming genuinely afraid of it. Likewise, when votes have come my way it hasn't particularly bothered me as I've assumed it was just to add pressure. At this point, voted wasn't really anywhere near at risk. Therefore the concern is excessive.
Adding my signature will make town aware that I knew it is
fake
, joke hammer so they won't lynch me for trying to hammer sameone and pretending I though I am putting him in L-1. I have experience from Town of Salem that making jokes whisout samewhat indicating there are jokes is enough to get me lynched - hence the need of "defence".
In post 178, Voted wrote:Actually, list of who I would like to see lynched D1. I will dismiss SEs, because I don't like lynching experienced players D1.
The consideration should not be "is this player experienced" but "has this player done things that seem scummy/that advance the ends of scum". Often, that may be harder to determine with an SE or they may avoid doing it too early on. But it's a bad policy to not consider SEs for a D1 Lynch. It seems scummy and like an attempt to get SEs on side, which also fittingly comes at a point, along with your general activity, when I think people were starting to view you more and more as scum.
Not wanting to lynch SEs and active/ eperienced players is my meta. NAI.
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 10:40 pm

Post by Eggs »

Eggs related:
In post 147, Eggs wrote:VOTE: Voted
Where did this come from? If I'm right and voted is scum, then this could be used as evidence to defend yourself from scum charges tomorrow, i.e. it's a pre-emptive bus.
I'm still sheeping at this point for momentum (see you on Navneet, Irrelephant on Bob)
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 10:42 pm

Post by Eggs »

In post 214, Voted wrote: Not wanting to lynch SEs and active/ eperienced players is my meta. NAI.
Regardless of the merits, I have seen Voted say this elsewhere.

This kind of thing is why i'm struggling to convince myself I have a scum read on him.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 10:48 pm

Post by Voted »

Town me
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=79415
Scum me
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=79452

I played both games with same playstyle.
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob
Townie
Uncle Bob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2019 2:44 am

Post by Uncle Bob »

Family stuff this long weekend. Will be back tomorrow.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2019 7:29 am

Post by Menalque »

I don't have time to respond properly right now, but Voted's last post has done precisely nothing to convince me he's not the best lynch today. Does someone want to get him up to L-1? There is a dearth of serious L-1ing as far as I can see.

I'll post this evening with why I find his comments so unconvincing.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2019 7:39 am

Post by Ausuka »

Votecount 1.5
Voted (3) - Irrelephant11, Eggs, Menalque
thenavneet (2) - Voted, teacher
Flavor Leaf (1) - Uncle Bob

Not Voting (3) - Cinnamon, Flavor Leaf, thenavneet

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2019-06-01 14:03:49).
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2019 7:56 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I kind of don’t think it’s Voted either, but that’s less strong. He looks like Major mislynch bait

I’m hesitant of calling Irrelephant scum because I feel I have a tendency to scum read him, but I’m leaning there, which could just mean he’s town.

Which leaves Teacher, Bob, and Nave.

That’s where I’m at
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Goon
Cinnamon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2019 10:44 am

Post by Cinnamon »

One thing I'm noting from Voted going through his games on this site is that his play in this game is significantly different from both previous town and scum games where he played much more actively and aggressively. It seems like, for whatever reason, he has chosen to play this game differently.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Goon
Cinnamon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2019 10:46 am

Post by Cinnamon »

Because of that, I wouldn't read too much into his change in play but I still don't like his mentality overall.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2019 11:38 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 221, Flavor Leaf wrote:I kind of don’t think it’s Voted either, but that’s less strong. He looks like Major mislynch bait

I’m hesitant of calling Irrelephant scum because I feel I have a tendency to scum read him, but I’m leaning there, which could just mean he’s town.

Which leaves Teacher, Bob, and Nave.

That’s where I’m at
I like what I’m seeing from FL and Menalque recently
Cinnamon is moving up in my reads though they’re who I would get suspicious of in lylo if that makes sense

I think there’s precisely one scum between {Eggs, Voted}, echoing some of Menalque’s case but also just based on my own reads & the fact Eggs is voting Voted

Teacher had a couple moments I thought were town indicative but he’s pretty impressive as scum so I won’t say he’s a strong townread rn. I guess the fact that Nav was voted quickly early on might not be the strongest reason to townread him on its own. I don’t remember my read on bob

I’ll come back to this after this holiday :)
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”