Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 11:17 am

Post by Raya36 »

Read up and I'm here to talk. I'm all for the housepet strategy. I still have to read more besides just my initial read through before I pick who I feel best about healing but so far I think these two should be in the party.

HEAL: Mary, Hellnight
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 11:20 am

Post by Raya36 »

It seems PP, Sky and me are the other generally proposed pets? I'll take a look into the other two now
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 11:20 am

Post by RedPanda »

Looking at the mechanic, This is what I believe we should do- Isolate the strongest town reads. In my mafia experience, It's easier to find townies than scum because some townies behave like scum and some of them lurk and post fluff which doesn't help at all. Let me read up now.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 11:24 am

Post by Raya36 »

@PP
Any reasoning for these votes:

Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 11:33 am

Post by Raya36 »

I'm ok with this as well

HEAL: Sky
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 11:41 am

Post by Raya36 »

I don't want titus, kirari, fuscosco, or lannisters in the party.
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by RedPanda »

Thoughts on the first page.

There are three people that have given me decent reads and I want to thank skygazer for it.

There are three interpretations you can get from it. He's either joking or its scum trying to waste such a powerful mechanic(although that's a stretch) or its a reaction test and skygazers next few posts show that he knows what the best move for town is and he was looking for people not calling him out for the first post. But I'm not going to give him a town read for this. This could be a scum gambit. Skygazer is null slightly leaning town and his read will change based on how he scumhunts in the future. He's already given me info on his play so if he starts fluffing and failing at scumhunting then my read will change.
In post 20, Schiavetto wrote:People all around, you gotta (Come geddit) ♪ ♫
From the left to the right, make noise ♪ ♫

Anyway, TRT, I'm actually gonna disagree with you there - 410's entrance felt more like good-natured joking from town than anything else. What makes it scummy is the way he doubled back and called attention to it in 14.

I have a slight town read on schiavatto for this. This post is risky for scum to do cause it can backfire. Although I don't fully agree with his sentiments, that could be a way a townie would perceive Skygazer.
In post 22, Kirari Momobami wrote:Skygazer seems to want attention. Talking about mech over reads early is scummy, and saying I'm scummy for not calling her scummy is scummy, but moving from not wanting to talk about mech to immediately talking about mech is. . . maybe townie?

Every choice we make is a gamble. But even so, we still gamble. For we enjoy the risk.

HEAL: Mary Saotome
HEAL: Kirari Momobami
I have a slight town read on kirari for this. Although I am guilty for the same reason, Scum would try to infiltrate by trying to act in the best interests for town. But I don't think that applies to skygazer. he's either scum pulling a cheeky gambit or townie who wants to lead people to lynch scum.

And speaking of using talking about mechanic to appear town. Uncle bob is the one in my gut who I feel is scum trying to act townie.
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by Fuscosco »

In post 380, Raya36 wrote:I don't want titus, kirari, fuscosco, or lannisters in the party.
Nobody has tried to add these.
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:27 pm

Post by RedPanda »

In post 35, The Renais Twins wrote:what are the odds that PP/Mary interaction was SvS
strong town read on renais for this.
In post 53, schadd_ wrote:you can only add people and they never get removed
WHATTTT? Although I still think adding strong town reads is better because most townies are bad being townies. I think we should only add 3 of our strongest town reads into the party. I'm not good at figuring out the optimal number so I'm going to defer to someone else but the logic is to lynch from the bigger pool unless there is a kill in the smaller pool.

In post 64, Skygazer wrote:
In post 55, Yumeko Jabami wrote:The way I see it, we should manage the party and the lynch using separate rules - we lynch people who are likely to be mafia, but we don't necessarily send people who are likely to be town to the party. Mmm, I think any plan that involves trying to send townie people in is flawed.
Why??? Not liking this post at all, feels like you're writing a paper and trying to get your word count up

VOTE: yumeko
Completely agree with this.

I have a slight gut town read on michael scott for post58.
In post 69, Mary Saotome wrote:What about putting no one into the party for day 1 and we try to play day 1 normally and go about it after we get a flip? That way we have much more information to work with
I don't agree with this at all. We either lose one of our strong townies and can narrow the mafia down or we keep our strong townies safe. The other way is just asking to lose one of our strong townies.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:29 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 378, Raya36 wrote:@PP
Any reasoning for these votes:

Yes.
<(") | (")>
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Care to share?
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by Fuscosco »

In post 90, Yumeko Jabami wrote:HEAL: Mary Saotome, Yumeko Jabami, Kirari Momobami, PenguinPower, SkyGazer

VOTE: Hellknight

Skygazer and Hellknight are switchable for me
Who are you scum/town reading here/
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by Fuscosco »

Id vote sky. who trs her?

Her opening could be town, but what since?
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:37 pm

Post by Fuscosco »

In post 19, Uncle Bob wrote:Titus, I'm interested in if you can get the minesweeper approach to work. I couldnt.
hmmmm? I assumed this was an off siter. But if not i scumread it
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 385, Raya36 wrote:Care to share?
I feel it's fairly easy to infer and since it doesn't really have a strong impact on the game, feel free to.
<(") | (")>
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by Fuscosco »

In post 249, duppin wrote:I'm leaning town Fuscosco but my reasoning is honestly very weak. His content in itself is fine but I don't really find it alignment indicative, it's more so the way he spam posts multiple posts in a row. It just feels genuine as in he keeps coming up with something else to add, which I'm not even sure is necessarily towny but I'm getting towny vibes from it nonetheless.
I dont remember your meta, but this is fine sentiment. I wouldnt call it AI, but I would call my tone and lack of direction town. A scumsco would want to find a chink to exploit, and would be probing many players.
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by RedPanda »

In post 80, Uncle Bob wrote:
Vote: Yumeko

Her plan is unhelpful.
nice bob!
In post 87, Schiavetto wrote:@Mr. Mifflin - Yes, that's who I was referring to. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds issue with that aspect of it - jokes are jokes, and the fact that people chose to treat the comment as a joke rather than a scumtell doesn't warrant as much suspicion as Sky seems to have invested in it.
In post 64, Skygazer wrote:
In post 55, Yumeko Jabami wrote:The way I see it, we should manage the party and the lynch using separate rules - we lynch people who are likely to be mafia, but we don't necessarily send people who are likely to be town to the party. Mmm, I think any plan that involves trying to send townie people in is flawed.
Why??? Not liking this post at all, feels like you're writing a paper and trying to get your word count up
This is a weird response given posts 60-64 from you.

I work at a school and this week's been weird in terms of coverage/workload so I hope you'll forgive me for being scarce. Will follow up in-depth tonight.
I don't agree at at all. Skygazer is hunting for scum(I still have the same read though cause I don't want to make a decision on a strong player.) Yumeko is not.
In post 90, Yumeko Jabami wrote:
In post 89, The Renais Twins wrote:her entrance is essentially exactly the same as her entrance in a past game where she was scum and I have other spicy reasons to think that she's scum
ok.... go on? Because otherwise this seems pretty opportunistic coming from you
In post 86, Kirari Momobami wrote:HEAL: Mary Saotome, Yumeko Jabami, Kirari Momobami, PenguinPower, SkyGazer

HEAL: Mary Saotome, Yumeko Jabami, Kirari Momobami, PenguinPower, SkyGazer

Skygazer and Hellknight are switchable for me

Don't like Uncle Bob in post 80... why does my plan being unhelpful even mean I get voted? I don't like the reasoning, or lack of connections between voting for scum and voting because you disagree (it seems scummy)

If we know 5 town right now, we don't need the party mechanic to win anyway - that's a flawed argument. We don't need to win twice as hard, we need to not lose momentum twice as hard by both being wrong on the lynch and thereby being wrong on who is town in the party

Seriously though, if you can name 5 town right now, and everyone agrees, and they're all town.... we win without the party mechanic. Needless to say that's easier said than done
I'll explain it to you. The party mechanic can be used two ways. either like a mass doctor to protect town reads from scum even if a scum manages to sneak into the group or narrows down the scum. Adding too many members to the party is not in the best interests for town. And scum would want to ruin the mechanic by adding more members which would make the intel we get confusing. I'm not liking your posts at all even more now.
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by Fuscosco »

In post 249, duppin wrote:I also find Sky slightly town, I mainly liked her earlier posts.
I also want to townread Kirari. I wasn't really a fan of her first posts, but I thought #211 was a good post.
I actually agree with a lot of this post, except that my TR of Sky wore off quickly. It just got stale.
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by Fuscosco »

I TR RC slot
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by Fuscosco »

Null on PP, townlean on Lannister; but most based on Volx head tonals
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:48 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 389, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 385, Raya36 wrote:Care to share?
I feel it's fairly easy to infer and since it doesn't really have a strong impact on the game, feel free to.
Then in that case could I hear some more current reads from you?
In post 387, Fuscosco wrote:Id vote sky. who trs her?

Her opening could be town, but what since?
I don't tr Sky but I wouldn't be willing to vote there yet. My biggest problem with her is that most of her posts were mechanics related which I could see scum hiding behind to seem like they're participating. That's not enough for me to vote on, however, I definitely would like her in the party.
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:49 pm

Post by Fuscosco »

Still willing to pressure titus.

If we are going to put towns into the hood, I think Foe and duppin are good

HEAL: foe, duppin, fus
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:49 pm

Post by Fuscosco »

In post 395, Raya36 wrote:That's not enough for me to vote on, however, I definitely would like her in the party.
I dont have a good town meta on her yet, but she definitely feels different than what Ive come to expect from her.
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:50 pm

Post by Fuscosco »

BAE COME PLAY! Whos the other head there again?

VOTE: titus
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:50 pm

Post by Fuscosco »

ffs percy

Return to “Completed Open Games”