Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 920, Performer wrote:vork have you any experience with anybody here??
In post 6, Vorkuta wrote:Hi again to Not_Mafia, Gamma Emerald, LUV, Penguin, and schadd, and hey to the rest of you!
Technically schadd was a mod and my "ongoing" game with chennis just ended
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Hey Vorkuta...you think my tone here is similar to our recent Open game?
<(") | (")>
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

Pretty damn similar, (lol at performer checking into that game just now)
My "meta" read on you is more based on BTXI as you were more.... heated/active/involved and couldn't be your laid-back self.

Also how bad would you feel if N_M pushed you this game? :P
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 12:41 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

You think I was laid back in 755...huh...not what I was expecting.
<(") | (")>
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 12:43 pm

Post by Performer »

other interesting things noted from chenn's iso (based on likelihood of red flip): defense of pikachu multiple times, saying pp/schadd/redemption aren't townie
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 926, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 920, Performer wrote:vork have you any experience with anybody here??
In post 6, Vorkuta wrote:Hi again to Not_Mafia, Gamma Emerald, LUV, Penguin, and schadd, and hey to the rest of you!
Technically schadd was a mod and my "ongoing" game with chennis just ended
+1

I did a quick check & saw you & pp were there too with chen.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 927, PenguinPower wrote:Hey Vorkuta...you think my tone here is similar to our recent Open game?
that's funny because I myself can't meta read you that well, pp...which also brings me back to thinking mary's reads list about me was strange. she said I largely relied on tone reading? That's not the whole picture, it's just one of many things I use in scum and town hunting (this is just an elaboration @mary).
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 1:08 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 921, Performer wrote:
In post 904, Psyche wrote:mjl do you have any intuitions about the difference bt your town and scum game
why would you ask mary about her meta differences... :roll:
to see if she'd tell me
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa »

Look through my past games. I don't see a consistent trend, but I'm looking at it from the inside.

I have it in my head that you're studying psychology. Maybe you mentioned it in the speakeasy or something. Is that right?
The Oxford comma is only technically optional.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by Redemption »

In post 912, Detective Pikachu wrote:Penguin and Redemption, why are you still voting me?
It's a bit of a loaded question, but for now, just know that I think you're a good vote. I hope town is going to pick up on it. There's not much time left (I just read till there btw)
WIN RATE: town: 1/1 scum: 0/0 over-second-half-of-the-game survival : 0/1
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 4:10 pm

Post by Redemption »

I have no faith that anyone will be voted for d1.

If I unvote Pikachu and vote for Chenn, they both will be tied for 4 votes (according to Vorkuta's count). But I'm tempted to say that Chennisden is neutral now. I'm making some new reads on some people but I do welcome some input on popular opinions
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 4:15 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa »

We'll lynch someone by the end of D1 I'm sure.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 4:20 pm

Post by Redemption »

Right now, it tightens around Chenn and Detective Pikachu. I'm tempted to go for Detective Pikachu (I'LL EXPLAIN WHY TOMORROW)
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa »

I'll probably go that way too.

I mean, you know you're scum, and I know you're scum, but I can't effectively convey that to 6 other people to get you lynched. :( So given the time crunch, I'll probably cave on Pikachu or Chennisden to push a lynch through.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Performer »

mary stated redemp as her only scum read, then stated due to a deadline and being unable to convince people, that she'll just sheep onto a pika or chen lynch. and in her reads, it sounded like she thought pika was town due to the pr claim.

so after all that tunneling for redemption scum, this post of a change of vote is downright fishy.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 6:18 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa »

* shrugs *

I will not be successful with my Redemption push and I feel bad trying to really dig in and push someone who takes these wagons so personally. A lynch, any lynch is better than no lynch. At least then we get information.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 6:18 pm

Post by Performer »

I'd like to hear a reads list from LUV, and after rereading redemp's reads list, it makes no sense that he said schadd & I posted sufficient content yet are NULL. Lol...?
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2019 7:28 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

In post 941, MaryJoLisa wrote:* shrugs *

I will not be successful with my Redemption push and I feel bad trying to really dig in and push someone who takes these wagons so personally. A lynch, any lynch is better than no lynch. At least then we get information.
But you're not
really
pushing for him. I asked you for a more complete read and you said you'd provide it, but instead you continue to just say he's scum.

Also, I thought you thought he wasn't actually taking his wagon personally, and that it was just a ploy to come off as newbtown. That's the central point of your case against him. So if you really believed that, you wouldn't care if he reacted negatively to you trying to start another wagon on him, and actually you'd have incentive to try to needle him some more.

VOTE: MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2019 12:37 am

Post by MaryJoLisa »

In post 943, LuckyOtter wrote:
In post 941, MaryJoLisa wrote:* shrugs *

But you're not
really
pushing for him. I asked you for a more complete read and you said you'd provide it, but instead you continue to just say he's scum.

Also, I thought you thought he wasn't actually taking his wagon personally, and that it was just a ploy to come off as newbtown. That's the central point of your case against him. So if you really believed that, you wouldn't care if he reacted negatively to you trying to start another wagon on him, and actually you'd have incentive to try to needle him some more.

VOTE: MaryJoLisa
The ISO with me, Redemption and Vorkuta illustrates my position on Redemption well enough. But as I was re-reading it to make my response to you, I recalled Vorkuta saying it was shitty to lynch a newbie D1 in his second game after he was lynched D1 in his first game. I agreed with that, but then I felt like he was manipulating us when he's saying he's very familiar with how this game works.

He also said certain posts want to make him commit suicide. It's hard to tunnel someone when RL self-harm is on the table. I think he's a good lynch choice, but it can wait for D2 or D3 when he's gotten a better feel for the game and can better defend himself in this new environment.

UNVOTE:
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2019 2:43 am

Post by LuckyOtter »

No it doesn't illustrate your position well enough. You've focused entirely on his early game play and 'flailing,' which you now say was put on, but you also said this:
In post 888, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 887, chennisden wrote:Redemption discussing the DP movie is scummy because it feels like a substitute for actually playing
Everything he does is scummy! I've been sitting here wondering how no one else sees it.
This would implicate his later interactions as well as his reads, and I'm not seeing any effort from you to analyse his posts or engage with him to push him on his reads, etc. But you keep asserting that you're making a push to make yourself look active when, looking over your ISO, you're really not doing hardly any scumhunting at all.

Let's say you're right on Red. Who would be his most and least likely scum partners?
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2019 2:49 am

Post by LuckyOtter »

@anyone, legit question, what happens if our mod doesn't come back? Can we call for a backup mod? Should I go scour Arden looking for him?

Also, is that why activity has kinda died down? Or are people just ready to settle on pikachu?
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2019 3:20 am

Post by MaryJoLisa »

In post 945, LuckyOtter wrote:No it doesn't illustrate your position well enough. You've focused entirely on his early game play and 'flailing,' which you now say was put on, but you also said this:
In post 888, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 887, chennisden wrote:Redemption discussing the DP movie is scummy because it feels like a substitute for actually playing
Everything he does is scummy! I've been sitting here wondering how no one else sees it.
This would implicate his later interactions as well as his reads, and I'm not seeing any effort from you to analyse his posts or engage with him to push him on his reads, etc. But you keep asserting that you're making a push to make yourself look active when, looking over your ISO, you're really not doing hardly any scumhunting at all.

Let's say you're right on Red. Who would be his most and least likely scum partners?
I don't really have a strong position in this game, period. I see Redemption as scummy and I saw Vorkuta throwing him some cover. When I figured out that the player is not new at all to this game, I pointed it out and Vorkuta didn't seem phased by my revelation. For that, I thought Vorkuta might have been Redemption's partner.
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2019 3:24 am

Post by MaryJoLisa »

In post 946, LuckyOtter wrote:@anyone, legit question, what happens if our mod doesn't come back? Can we call for a backup mod? Should I go scour Arden looking for him?

Also, is that why activity has kinda died down? Or are people just ready to settle on pikachu?
For me it is. We haven't had an official vote count for almost 4 days. It took a long time for Gamma Emerald to be replaced and we're sitting around with the CDB slot who hasn't checked in in 6 days. :?
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2019 5:25 am

Post by Performer »

In post 946, LuckyOtter wrote:@anyone, legit question, what happens if our mod doesn't come back? Can we call for a backup mod? Should I go scour Arden looking for him?

I've seen in at least 1 game that the normal queue mod or another administrative staff will step in to resume the moderation duties. In that case, the host (if no valid reason) will get punished in some way for severely failing moderation duties . In terms of Arden, I hope you don't mean Arden area in Sacramento lol.

Activity dying is worrisome because that's very conducive for scum, and I'm not sure where you got the idea that we're settling on pika....we've not been a very unified group.

Since the mod didn't update his recent vc and it's been awhile, I propose an idea to pp: that we have someone come help resume moderation duties today.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”