Micro 874: Generic Micro Normal (game OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:53 am

Post by Saudade »

Tbh id send some of you back to the newbie queue
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:54 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1697, Saudade wrote:Im what stands between your lynch and nomnoms sweeping this table
Theorically no, since Cheeky is the only one that has full control of this game. So none of us actually has power here, which makes me go mad given that she is not going to take the easy solve. And it probably makes you mad too given she believes I am town.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:56 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I don't think you're town nom.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:56 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Hence you're not in the townblock.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:57 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1334, nomnomnom wrote:Alright, they went with the masons.

Didn't want to lynch creature yesterday but I realized the town stubborness and was willing to take the compromise to get a better push today. I felt guilty for giving in when I knew that slot had low chances to be scum but eh, what can you do.

I want to lynch between Saudade and Blake today. Really should have lynched saud yesterday but what can you do.
In post 1335, nomnomnom wrote:Also I guess the mailman part explains why they did not out earlier, probably wanted to pick a conftown and mail them.
I was pretty salty about letting scum Creature get away in one of my last games before my hiatus so I said fuck it. Not again.

VOTE: Blake Belladonna

I didn’t even know that variant existed. I’m familiar with the one that if your target successfully receives an item, it’s replaced by a bomb or poison.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:57 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1345, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1344, TDC wrote:Yeah, but you want to start with mjl.
MJL is a wildcard and I'm not willing to risk a F3 solve with MJL in it. I refuse.
I can’t think of many players off of the top of my head that would fake claim as miller as scum Day 1 other than Flavor Leaf.

A good fake claim in my opinion is one they doesn’t get you lynched. That's it. There's really no way to break it down into “good roles to fake claim" and "bad roles to fake claim". It all depends on the given situation. Now Mary Jo’s claim has accomplished that so far but it’s not something that’s going to get her to end game. And quite frankly, I don’t see any reason why she fake claims miller unless she’s not confident in her abilities or play at all. Even then, I expect her to just opt to lurk or be non-committal.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:57 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1355, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1354, TDC wrote:
In post 1351, nomnomnom wrote: Mason and miller go together as well as apples and oranges. Why put a single miller in a game where there are high chances where masons are likely to be the only REAL power of town? Especially when one of the masons happens to be a mailman on top of that?
Why not?
Because there is no inherent synergy between the roles? I know that nonsensical miller spots happen but like, it should be obvious as to why these roles don't go too well together in terms of theme
I’m terrible at setup speculation but if I’m remember correctly, masons can be used as a substitute cop role. The masons clearing one another is seen as similar to an investigative role since it's two confirmed town.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:57 am

Post by nomnomnom »

There is only one case where you can believe I am scum, it's the case where you somehow believe that Blake and TDC are both town, and that I am copying my own scumgame from Catloaves again, which essentially consisted of tricking the remaining townies into a solve that was not correct. Nothing else makes sense.

So if you prove to yourself that TDC and Blake are TvT, alright. But it's not, so good luck.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:57 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1391, Blake Belladonna wrote:nomnomnom is still blatantly town despite this push, I don't think it's within her scumrange to be able to stream of consciousness in this level of detail as scum.
cheeky is confirmed mason.
MJL I'm throwing in the town bin mainly because I somewhat remember her reads being a lot more flat and forced as scum (I helped mod starcraft mafia, so I was able to see things that nobody else has), although I admit she was well out of her element that game and need to double check this with other games first before writing off on it.
Saudade had a trajectory towards the end of day yesterday that I felt was townspewish, I got the impression that he would be playing a more consistent tight game as scum, and pushing so aggressively back against the push on him AND the lynch target for the day doesn't seem like a scum thought process for me.

That leaves LUV and TDC.

LUV is pretty easy if you look at how his reads evolve over day one; his trajectories are very jagged and not consistent from post to post, and also not consistent from how he's approaching the game and other slots. I'd need a lot more time to build an actual case on this since this type of read is heavily based on gut for me, but I found it pretty blatant when I did see it.

TDC is a strong partner choice for two reasons:

1. TDC, when you really look at his ISO, is the very definition of scum looking busy. He isn't legitimate sorting anybody this game, he's asking questions and yet not taking the answers anywhere. He's slipping into the blind spots because his content looks good enough on the surface to pass as a solving ISO, but there is no actual solving there.
2. TDCs first post contains two separate instances of incongruence. First, look at his LUV read and tell me that looks natural. Then look at his Blake and Skitter reads and tell me that his reasoning warrants a stronger scumread than that. Second, look at how he explains his reads in the first place. It's strange that a player that looks to ply with more of an oldschool approach plays like somebody from the hyperposter era when it comes to giving reads in just that one instance, which is also relevant because of how little raw sorting there is in his ISO.
In the words of Not Mafia: “Shut up scum.”

The guy subbed in with over 20 pages to read. We had a miller claim from an obvious newbie, two confirmed town in Cheeky and Skitter claiming the game is close to being solved, and a tunneling Saudade or better yet, brick wall. TDC was the only player to have picked up on the fact that Skitter and Cheeky were masons and couple that with Mary Jo claiming miller, that’s basically 3 confirmed town.

Nom has been transparently town. That leaves me, you, and Creature. He made an attempt to figure out how to sort Saudade in his big catch-up post in . Further clarified that in and .

I feel I’ve been as close as to transparent as I can be. Maybe not on the level of Nom but pretty close. There was quite a bit that Creature could’ve expanded on but that’s like pulling teeth with him in most cases so I can see why he opted for a summary of the wagon on as opposed to combing through his ISO. That only leaves just you.

You completely ignored his initial attempt to sort you in in and . Gave off a cheeky tone (pun not intended) when he asked about your Saudade hop in . Opt to ignore him in and . You don’t get to flat out ignore questions and claim people are being or political or looking busy.

Second reasoning is another disgusting reach by you. The class of 2017 did not invent hyper posting. I repeat. The class of 2017 did not invent hyper posting. Fate for example did what we were doing back in the day. We got criticized because we are perceived to be not as good as the old regime.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:57 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1422, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1402, TDC wrote:I buy MJLs claim and would be surprised if nom was town.
This... is not a town post.
Urgh. One second.
In post 1423, nomnomnom wrote:This is not town... this guy... is just...
Blanket reads...
:?:
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:57 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1447, Saudade wrote:Shes hot
In post 1448, Saudade wrote:I mean town
:lol:
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:57 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1454, Saudade wrote:LUV doesnt like to play mafia it seems

I don’t but the CEO (Skygazer) makes me. Don’t think I’m getting out of this contract anytime soon.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:58 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1563, CheekyTeeky wrote:It bothers me that saudade has been thrown around yet noone ever votes him. The closest I got to lynching him was a 2p wagon day 1.

Blake hammer and admitting her scumgame has improved is giving me pause.

Where the hell is LUV.
I was sleeping :lol:

I’m not sure why? You have to take risk and mix it up constantly as scum or you become predicable. Hammering shouldn’t affect your read.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:58 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1651, Saudade wrote:Where is uzi pussy bitch scared to post i bet
It’s called having a life. Friends and family, work, errands, hobbies other than mafia. Lately it’s been watching the Bruins trying to win their seventh championship and the enigma that is Kawhi Leonard and the Toronto Raptors.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:58 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1667, Saudade wrote:
In post 1664, Blake Belladonna wrote:Can you quote it for me Saudade?
Im phone posting im not getting it for you
Iso me and look for the capslock ur scum nomnom!! Post from me
:igmeou:
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:58 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

That was a long read. Were you guys up all night? :dead:
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:00 am

Post by nomnomnom »

LUV, I honestly have only one hangup in this whole thing. I'm fairly sure you are town, but there's one thing that makes me scared of lynching Blake here.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:02 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

LUV how long were you holding onto those posts for?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:02 am

Post by nomnomnom »

If I didn't have that fear, I would probably have committed to Blake already, but I can't ignore it.
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:08 am

Post by Blake Belladonna »

Will lynching me put the game into perspective?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:08 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1719, Blake Belladonna wrote:Will lynching me put the game into perspective?
That's my fear. Cheeky will never reconsider TDC's case if you flip town. Otherwise we would already be in night 2.
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:12 am

Note how much sorting there is in LUVs catchup.

Literally none.

I don't know how I can make this game any more obvious, but if it takes realizing I'm town to realize it, then lynch me. I strongly doubt that there is a point this game where I stop being a paranoid scumread barring a TDC scumflip, and even then I am not confident in it.

Everything is laid out in my ISO. The scumteam is LUV + TDC. Minor chance of MJL, but I don't believe it's very likely. Everybody else is a distraction scumread.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:13 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1716, nomnomnom wrote:LUV, I honestly have only one hangup in this whole thing. I'm fairly sure you are town, but there's one thing that makes me scared of lynching Blake here.
Just made them? I already don’t like playing mafia so I damn sure can’t be bothered to do the whole catching-up in real time that Skitter or other players do.

Don’t want to anymore into this as it’s not relevant but I tend to approach the game similar to Mastina in regards to posting when I’ve been away for long periods of time.
In post 1718, nomnomnom wrote:If I didn't have that fear, I would probably have committed to Blake already, but I can't ignore it.
What’s the hang up?
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:14 am

The hard defense of TDC is very cute too, I will say that much.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:15 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Omg fine. VOTE: TDC I'm fully over this game.
Good luck.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”