Newbie 1934: Tundra (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:31 pm

Post by Eggs »

In post 559, teacher wrote: You moved off me after this, but of everything I wanted to say Friday, this post was the most jarring. You were voting me and pushing me. Why the shift?
My case on you was massively stretched obviously. I wanted to see Bob's reaction to me putting the argument he had put against FL earlier. There were a few reasons.

Test Bob as he was still my #1 lynch
Test Bob+teacher and FLs post suggesting that as the team is what prompted me to do it at that point
Pressure you into posting more
And actually I didn't have a great gut-read on you, you were probably #3 after Bob and Nav at that point

I switched because I had everything I was going to get from the above - Bob flaked so no result, you posted more. then bobslot comes back.

I'm not going to defend my reasoning in my posts on Friday. Bobslot deserved a much more careful read through than I gave it at that point.
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:15 am

Post by Eggs »

Still working through this and my head still hurts.

Preliminary thought - scum!FL would have an excellent win chance if he convinced town that {irrelephant/teacher} contained a scum, in the absence of power roles that seems like it would end the game?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:05 am

Post by teacher »

Battery’s dying and this is scum.

VOTE: raya

L-1
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:40 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 594, teacher wrote:
In post 389, Ausuka wrote:Baezu replaces Uncle Bob!
should the deadline have frozen from the start of the replacement search til the replacement, as it did with magnet/raya? Asking because it adds appr 36 hrs.
No.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:40 am

Post by Ausuka »

Votecount 1.10
Raya36 (4) - Voted, Cinnamon, Irrelephant11, teacher
(l-1)

teacher (2) - Flavor Leaf, Baezu
Baezu (1) - Eggs
Cinnamon (1) - Raya36

Not Voting (1) - Menalque

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2019-06-03 06:33:40).
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:19 am

Post by Menalque »

FL does the fact that both teacher and irrelephant are on the Raya wagon have any bearing on your analysis?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:19 am

Post by Menalque »

intent to hammer in -12 hours
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:26 am

Post by Menalque »

Also, I’m not committing here (I still haven’t read his ISO but I do think you were making sense yesterday) but if I were to get on the teacher wagon I’m still not sure we have enough votes before deadline.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:29 am

Post by teacher »

He was making sense. But further to your question, you’ll note elephant and I have been voting together almost all day - elephant, bob, Voted, and now Raya.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:35 am

Post by Menalque »

I’m planning to read back through as much as I can (I’m about to fly from Bogota to Cali and i need to sort out a hostel when I arrive, so “as much as I can” may not be loads) before I choose a final vote. I think FL may have it right but I also think Raya seems scummy. I’m very unsure at this point.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:38 am

Post by teacher »

Hostel world is good if somewhat expensive.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:43 am

Post by Menalque »

Precisely that — I looked and it’s about 10% more expensive a night so I’m planning to ask around upon arrival, I know which general area luckily and have a few places in mind.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:05 am

Post by Voted »

25 pages? OK, I have same catching. I think I saw samething about me claiming. Now. Is it still requested? I think that it is just giving free information to mafia.
Anyone wanting from me samething other?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:21 am

Post by teacher »

You should not claim. Raya should.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:22 am

Post by teacher »

what happens w this deadline and raya’s imminent flake
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:48 am

Post by Ausuka »

Replacing Raya36.

Deadline will be frozen at 2 days, 0 minutes, 0 hours until a replacement arrives due to very close proximity to deadline.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:01 am

Post by teacher »

VOTE: unvote
I’m still happy w this lynch. But a double replaced slot almost cannot be redeemed, leaving aside Nav and Rayas affirmative scumminess.

I’m eager to Baezus answers to my questions and Flavors to Menalques. Im feeling pretty good about my reads, but would also love to hear elephants reasoning whenever the new ball and chain grants him freedom.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:48 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 595, teacher wrote:Also, bae, I need broader reads from you. You’ve drowned flavor, scummed me, and shaded eggs, voted, and cinnamon. That’s rather shadesided and definitely ignores three slots.
Is this what you’re waiting for from me or were you referring to a different question? My folks are in town so the earliest I can get to this is tonight
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Teacher’s obviously scum...:lol: he’s posturing so hard.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:52 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Actually, that’s kind of townie.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:02 am

Post by teacher »

In post 617, Baezu wrote:
In post 595, teacher wrote:Also, bae, I need broader reads from you. You’ve drowned flavor, scummed me, and shaded eggs, voted, and cinnamon. That’s rather shadesided and definitely ignores three slots.
Is this what you’re waiting for from me or were you referring to a different question? My folks are in town so the earliest I can get to this is tonight
And
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I’ve stopped in to say I’m grateful for the time extension and
The main reason I’m townreading FL right now is that only RadiantCowbells is the only scumplayer who has ever made town!me feel like scumreading him would be a dangerous or scary proposition, which is how I’ve recently felt regarding FL. If he’s scum he’s done a great job of making me nervous to explore the idea out loud by setting up a situation where if I ever scumread him it’s proof that he’s right that im scum. This makes me townread him because that’s a very hard thing to do. and
In a world where Raya slot is town and FL is town I think there’s a 0% chance {teacher, cinnamon} has 0 scum. Put another way, I think there’s always 1-2 scum in {me, FL, teacher, cinnamon} if Raya flips town. Put yet another way I have ruled out all scumteams that consist of two of {Menalque, Baezu, Eggs, Voted}, based purely on BoP’ing myself + Flavor Leaf. and
I still think the double replace out slot is scum

Kay we’re going to dinner see y’all tomorrow
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Goon
Cinnamon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by Cinnamon »

Wow this was a ton to catch up on. I'm pretty busy today so I likely won't be able to post again until tomorrow but I'll just say where my head is at. I still think that logically Raya is the most scummy slot right now, but I'm starting to feel that Irrelephant is the scummiest player currently. Their reads and pushes have been all over the place and their actions, while plentiful, don't seem to be done with the intent of helping town. One major example of this that I found quite weird was their strange interaction with my slot. They spend a ton of posts and time debating the alignment of my slot, then they finally do a full ISO analysis and come to the conclusion that I'm leaning town. However, this very quickly shifts to a scumread off of what seems to me to be a potential associative with Teacher. To me, this suggests that the way they are reading the game is meant more to appease town than to actually solve the game.

An example of this is
In post 621, Irrelephant11 wrote: In a world where Raya slot is town and FL is town I think there’s a 0% chance {teacher, cinnamon} has 0 scum.
which is quite inconsistent with earlier logic that he agreed with.

Spoiler:
In post 511, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 508, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 506, Menalque wrote:
In post 501, Flavor Leaf wrote:As scum, Baezu sheeping me would have changed the game state more. Instead, it kind of halted it.

Scum does not give me more power in this situation, and the fact that I’m so individualistic thinking against the grain indicates that I’m at least partly right or scum would abuse it.

Explain the first part to me more, how does Baezu sheeping you lead to more of a change in the game state if she’s scum? How did her sheeping you halt it?

Second part, explain to me how scum abuse it if you’re not right?

This whole post was a bit unclear to me.
Baezu and I both on Teacher as town, why would scum ever not push it if Teacher is town? They’d rather have a Raya lynch over teacher? One that would incriminate them much harder after a green flip?

If Baezu is scum going on TownTeacher, what’s the point in that?

Baezu-Raya scum team I guess could counteract that. Idk. If I’m super wrong, why is scum not taking advantage of me being wrong. I’d take the blunt of the damage for it.
Hey now I see inside your head
This post makes sense to me

If he agrees with this logic, then in a world where teacher is town and I am mafia, I am definitely pushing teacher as that would be a good mislynch on a strong player where I do not take much of the blame. In fact, he's called me out previously for my bold, early push on the SEs and I think he would be able to see that I would absolutely use that as a reason to push on teacher. And yet, despite that, he chooses to phrase his post in 621 in a way such that either teacher or I could be mafia which, while it looks right, goes against logic that he's previously agreed with. This suggests to me that his scumread on me right now is completely fabricated.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by Menalque »

I know I intented but I saw the extension so consider that revoked. I still haven’t had time to read. I should V/LA but I’m saving that for when I go to the Pacific coast and won’t have signal for 48 hours.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:35 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 621, Irrelephant11 wrote:I’ve stopped in to say I’m grateful for the time extension and
The main reason I’m townreading FL right now is that only RadiantCowbells is the only scumplayer who has ever made town!me feel like scumreading him would be a dangerous or scary proposition, which is how I’ve recently felt regarding FL. If he’s scum he’s done a great job of making me nervous to explore the idea out loud by setting up a situation where if I ever scumread him it’s proof that he’s right that im scum. This makes me townread him because that’s a very hard thing to do. and
In a world where Raya slot is town and FL is town I think there’s a 0% chance {teacher, cinnamon} has 0 scum. Put another way, I think there’s always 1-2 scum in {me, FL, teacher, cinnamon} if Raya flips town. Put yet another way I have ruled out all scumteams that consist of two of {Menalque, Baezu, Eggs, Voted}, based purely on BoP’ing myself + Flavor Leaf. and
I still think the double replace out slot is scum

Kay we’re going to dinner see y’all tomorrow
This honestly makes no sense as a reason to town someone.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”