he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:05 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 844, u r a person 2 wrote:
Hey, do you guys think
rui rui would be more likely to check into this thread prior to the deadline as town or as scum? Scum, yeah?

And even if you don't think it's alignment indicative,
I think we can all agree that it's pretty anti-town
to not be around much at all in the last few days before the deadline while being wagoned?

This is clearly the better choice for today, and
I'm disappointed with those of you who did not see that.
Manipulative language central.
In post 855, u r a person 2 wrote:
dark green
= conf!town
light green
= town read
red
= probably scum

Please let me know if I got your alignment wrong. Thanks!

Sashaddin (5)
:
u r a person 2 159
Ausuka 162
bob3141 180
Exilon 360
Garmr 456

u r a person 2 (4)
:
Inferno390 79
skitter30 398
RuiRui 484
Sashaddin 501

RuiRui (2)
:
ChannelDelibird 174
Egix96 233

Exilon (1)
:
High Risk Gamble 24

Not Voting: Lil Uzi Vert 538
Names in red = rule of three
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:15 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1095, u r a person 2 wrote:i think he's town.

if he's scum, he's playing a good game. Not as good a game as gamr is playing if he's scum

but a very good game, nonetheless
(Referring to Exilon)
This aged well... urap must have
conveniently forgotten
this by the time D5 rolled around.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:26 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1221, u r a person 2 wrote:i think ausuka is town

I def don't want to lynch outside those 4 players today

and your excilon case got me to rethink. you're right about iioa, and there were also a couple turns of phrase somewhere in the walls of text that pinged me

skim through hrg again for me? and don't forget the predecessor. I think that's our best shot today tbh

VOTE: hrg
In post 1238, u r a person 2 wrote:ooooh it is ausuka scum, huh

VOTE: ausuka

I dunno how i missed the over-explaining

but this would also make a shit ton of sense for how I'm interpreting this gamestate rn
This turnaround happened waaaaaaay too quickly
Obvious case of bussing

--

That seems like a good place to take a break for today
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Detective Pikachu »

In post 1243, u r a person 2 wrote:Yeah that's what I meant.

I'm not going to do a meta dive to see if it's really the same, I'm just not.

But if you're not scum, help me out here because this game state feels like we're no where close to landing on a scum lynch

and i think that gives you scum equity all on its own
In post 1244, Ausuka wrote:i'm literally voting someone who you said you would vote. i've explained why they're scum here. what more do you want?

how is it metadiving if I literally give you the posts in a spoiler. you don't even need to actually read it, just notice that I post big posts as town too.
In post 1246, u r a person 2 wrote:I meant that I'm not going to do a metadive to confirm. like 2 posts does not a meta read make
Does this read like s/s to you egix?
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:08 am

In post 1257, u r a person 2 wrote:VOTE: bob

this is where my heart truly is.

maybe a new perspective from the IC-slot will kick this game into gear
Hmm why did you move back to bob here after being on ausuka for like.... Half a page and 2 interactions?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:31 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 909, Egix96 wrote:
In post 857, Inferno390 wrote:Thumbs up from me
VOTE: Gamr
I think we start here.
Is urap still his buddy in your mind?
In post 2329, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 1257, u r a person 2 wrote:VOTE: bob

this is where my heart truly is.

maybe a new perspective from the IC-slot will kick this game into gear
Hmm why did you move back to bob here after being on ausuka for like.... Half a page and 2 interactions?
My heart wasn't in it. I was looking to stir things up because of the gamestate, but I seem to recall thinking that ausuka was right. She was similarly overexplainy as town in the posts she linked, and that really was my only pretense for voting there. So I looked elsewhere. I was flailing all about in that moment because the gamestate didn't feel pro-town in it's stagnancy.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:33 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

but like,

I don't see the svs motivation for that interaction at all?
103-11 0-2
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:48 pm

urap did you know your iso is three pages this game and processing any one page of it is like, exhausting lol
In post 1797, u r a person 2 wrote:VOTE: egix

I buy ausuka claim

Busy until about noon pst
I guess I always thought Ausuka's claim was pretty bad so I'm kinda at a loss as to why you ever bought it, but I guess the question here is whether scum is the one that ignores the IC's argument and buys the neap claim vs. Egix who at about this same time basically sheeps me on Ausuka.
In post 1801, u r a person 2 wrote:I see no reason not to believe it atm? I don't think ausuka had a reason to soft their result. They weren't dying over inferno really ever
Seems like really weak reasoning
In post 1836, u r a person 2 wrote:There should be more votes on egix =/
Still kinda weird to me that you come back on Exilon yesterday after this
In post 1842, u r a person 2 wrote:You'll have to wait if you want me to sift through and remind myself why (I'll do it, but not now), but I've been town reading ausuka for most all of this game

Bob has been scummy af, garmr's hider play seems like a great way to get over the hump to day before lylo and he seems like just the kind of guy to look at bob and say 'okay, if we're going to keep you alive we're going to have to get creative' And I've had a low-key paranoia about him forever (I'm not sure I ever mentioned it, so scum read me for that if you'd like)

You, I was quietly second guessing my town read on by the end of d1, and I was starting to actively question it I think end of day yesterday (might have been beginning of this day, but wherever I started pointing questions towards you). And like, you've modded a town game of mine, played scum as a partner of mine, and played as tvt with me. So you being so wrong for so long, switching to a town read on me with no explanation, and now switching back is ??? This is simply not my scum game and of everyone in this thread, you should be the one able to see that.

More to the point, egix is fucking scummy and we should have lynched him yesterday.

put it all together and that's where I'm at. We're pretty heavy into PoE territory here, and obviously scum has slipped under the radar for a couple of days now, so I'm not even sure I can make great cases on any of them.
there's so much damn paranoia in this post lol; I know you ended up concluding they were town later but like, was bob ever really 'scummy af'?

Also, what happened to this:

but this would also make a shit ton of sense for how I'm interpreting this gamestate rn
Like I guess you moved off Ausuka, but I guess given that this was kinda one of your more recent reactions to Ausuka before 1842 and I need to double check again but I don't remember you coming out with a super strong tr on her after this post
In post 1436, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1434, skitter30 wrote:ausuka is a she. can you say the bit about ausuka agian, not following what you're trying to say exactly
sorry ausuka I didn't mean to misgender you.

I was saying that I think one or two of bob/egix are scum independent of a read on ausuka. So scum!ausuka requires me to believe there is at least one scum on them right now, which I don't really have a reason to believe, or that they are both town
Like the 4th potential dumbtell from you although I kinda doubt you would intentionally misgender a scumbuddy just for theater. That being said like, how do you forget Ausuka is a she?
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:55 pm

Really annoyed that this is a game where I have to choose between the guy who takes every position on every slot and half the time ignores what I'm saying vs. the guy who takes no position on most slots but tends to kinda agree with what I'm saying

Like, I don't think it's right to say Egix is scum because he was like "huh what the IC is saying about scum is reasonable" which is basically the excuse he offers for his ausuka vote coming out of nowhere otherwise -- he looked at my argument that Ausuka said nothing about HRG and was like, yeah that seems kinda susp.

vs. ignoring the IC's argument that Ausuka is scum and saying it's time to lynch Egix; only to then in 5way decide that Exilon is his pref
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I do know that it's long, and that's why I haven't plowed into it to town case myself lol

I don't know how I forgot Ausuka is a she. I may not have made the association in the first place, and I may be guilty of using he as a default if I'm typing quickly and don't check. I do try and check tho.

I think bob probably wasn't scummy af. but you gotta understand that I'm alive today because I've been loud, yet ineffective at pushing scum, and generally all over the place. That's why I'm alive rn
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:56 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

like if i had been loud with good reads I'd have been gone n1 or n2
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:57 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

i mean, you tried looking through my iso. If I'm scum, this is a fucking masterpiece
103-11 0-2
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:58 pm

I'm having a really hard time not complaining about bob's hammer every post and I think that's one of the reasons I'm having a hard time totally focusing on this game. I'll see if I can't get some caffeine and come to some sort of conclusion tomorrow.

I do think that Egix has the capacity to spew himself town and that it's kinda disappointing he didn't do so in this game if he was town, while there are scum games and town games that look fairly similar for him, there are town games that clearly are outside his scum range but this isn't really one of them if he's town, at least not on a cursory investigation
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:02 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

The argument for scum!egix isn't that he sheeped you

it's that he never cared about the direction of the game one way or another.

He wasn't flaking, but he wasn't trying to get involved at any point.

any post in my iso, no matter how misguided, is full of WIM.
103-11 0-2
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:06 pm

In post 2336, u r a person 2 wrote:i mean, you tried looking through my iso. If I'm scum, this is a fucking masterpiece
I mean, rapidly changing positions on scum teammates is something that you might see from Gamma Emerald on like, a really good day of his scum play. I would say unquestionably you want this win no matter what your alignment is.

I would say that the varied different types of dumbtells/simple mistakes has me thinking that you decided to spew yourself as not s/s with Ausuka in very indirect ways that I think not a lot of people look for which is... idk. But your read development on her is also so all over the place it's not totally impossible you wanted to just create a massive range of noise. I feel like my reads don't flip flop quite as frequently as yours do tbh. You're like "Ausuka's town. Now she's scum. No she's been town all along. Now she's scum tho because poe." Like on the one hand it's hard to fake that level of back and forth but on the other there's certainly potential scum motivation for distancing while she's safe and then hard defending when she's actually going to get lynched in 9s.

But honestly I still feel like I haven't even begun properly analyzing this game, I keep kinda just wishing Egix would claim scum and self-hammer because he realizes that if I sit down and focus for more than 10 minutes I'm going to conclude he's scum most of the time here. I will say that this level of apathy isn't outside his townrange but *apathy is actually slightly scum indicative for him* so there's that.

There's also his early game play and his like, weird and awkward introduction in RVS about his town streak is something that I think doesn't come from scum very frequently
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:07 pm

In post 2338, u r a person 2 wrote:any post in my iso, no matter how misguided, is full of WIM.
Yeah this is pretty fair, I just don't want to lose this game because Egix, as town, decided he wasn't going to try for like... two days?
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:16 pm

In post 2340, Detective Pikachu wrote:Yeah this is pretty fair, I just don't want to lose this game because Egix, as town, decided he wasn't going to try for like... two days?
Kind of a funny double entendre, cause I meant game days 4 and 5, but actually it also works for the two real life days I gave him to case you because his case on you is kinda not as good as yours. Like I know graveyard is like "Pikachu just hammer teh scum already, it's obvious," but it's a lot easier to say that with spoilers.

Like, you want this win so much more, but:
-I didn't like the sasha hammer
-I didn't like the exilon vote
-I don't terribly like your initial defense of ausuka on a reread

there are reasons to have real doubts on you being town in ways that frankly there weren't for exilon, and while you might think you were obvtown you also, if you were paying attention, would have realized I always lynch you over exilon in 3-way if it did come to that, hence why there is a part of me that's worried the exilon push was specifically to play into bob since you felt more comfortable winning a 1v1 with egix

that'd be a pretty savvy play but I also feel like I hadn't been particularly subtle with my townread on exilon until 5-way which was when I wanted the uncleared slots to actually say stuff about each other, I guess I really misplayed by not communicating a bit more of the pace I wanted with bob but I guess I just don't assume masons are gonna lulhammer when they are not the ones who have to be alive in 3-way if they're wrong

that being said if that was your play, I kinda guess maybe you would have said more to bob in 5 way? the naked vote doesn't really match this tinfoil very well so I'm still basically thinking egix.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:30 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 2328, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 1243, u r a person 2 wrote:Yeah that's what I meant.

I'm not going to do a meta dive to see if it's really the same, I'm just not.

But if you're not scum, help me out here because this game state feels like we're no where close to landing on a scum lynch

and i think that gives you scum equity all on its own
In post 1244, Ausuka wrote:i'm literally voting someone who you said you would vote. i've explained why they're scum here. what more do you want?

how is it metadiving if I literally give you the posts in a spoiler. you don't even need to actually read it, just notice that I post big posts as town too.
In post 1246, u r a person 2 wrote:I meant that I'm not going to do a metadive to confirm. like 2 posts does not a meta read make
Does this read like s/s to you egix?
I know it was s/s, so why does it matter whether it reads like it or not?
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:42 pm

I mean, from your point of view, you know it is s/s.

From my point of view, it doesn't particularly look like s/s.

Vis-a-vis, you probably would want to convince me that it is.

I can win this game by doing one of two things:
-Correctly identifying town
-Correctly identifying scum

If I see things from urap that make it harder to see him as scum, generally you would need to address those things.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:58 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 2343, Detective Pikachu wrote:I mean, from your point of view, you know it is s/s.

From my point of view, it doesn't particularly look like s/s.

Vis-a-vis, you probably would want to convince me that it is.

I can win this game by doing one of two things:
-Correctly identifying town
-Correctly identifying scum

If I see things from urap that make it harder to see him as scum, generally you would need to address those things.
Hm

So then my interpretation of it is urap deciding to push on his own buddy without properly thinking it through, leading Aus to have to fight back so that their house of cards wouldn't collapse, so to speak.

So are you saying you aren't getting a "*grits teeth* please stop bussing me" vibe from 1244?
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:12 pm

OK let's look at this again. I remember feeling resistance to Egix being scum primarily for , which is a post that I think very infrequently comes from scum. This is the main reason I resisted redirecting the Sasha wagon onto Egix in earlier game. I'm pretty sure you're alive in lylo pretty much because I townleaned you for most of the game due to 1063.
In post 21, Egix96 wrote:Town AGAIN? Really? Sigh...

VOTE: Ausuka

No naked votes allowed reeeeeeeee
Actually don't hate this awkward opening and it's the sort of weird thought process slightly more likely to come from town
In post 32, Egix96 wrote:
In post 29, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 21, Egix96 wrote:
Town AGAIN? Really? Sigh...

No naked votes allowed reeeeeeeee
Something about the tone of the bolded bothers me.

Do you dislike playing town?
No, not at all. But I'm amazed that I've managed to rand town five times in five mini normals. No idea what the actual odds are of that but it's a stark contrast from my rand luck in open queue...
Seems kinda ok?
In post 104, Egix96 wrote:
In post 39, skitter30 wrote: i don't particularly like this post, the first line kinda feels like you felt the need to randomly share that you're town which feels a little ????? and meh
In post 40, u r a person 2 wrote: yikes

VOTE: egix
In post 44, ChannelDelibird wrote: If you were town, I would find it pretty hard to believe that you were genuinely astonished to be so (you know what the odds are every time you join a game!), especially given that apparently you've been scum in other game formats anyway. Maybe there'd be a "huh, OK then!" to yourself upon reading your role PM but caring so much that you brought it into the thread in such an overblown "wow, can you believe it!?" sort of way? No, it doesn't feel right.
I made my opening line OTT on purpose because I knew that people would react to it, and I hoped to gauge people's alignments early on based on said reactions. So:

- skitter's reaction reads slightly towny to me, my gut tells me it's more like awkward town than waffly scum

- urap2's is null I'm afraid

- But CDB feels like he's being too aggressive here. Not sure if the overexplaininess (my laptop redlines that, is that even a word?) is normal for him but to me it feels like scum taking the bait. Like, if he's scum, he's probably thinking "oh, awkward town, better push on him".
This kinda ruins my reason for wanting to tr you early tho, since now your weird sort of natural expression is reimagined as a reaction test that doesn't really amount to much and doesn't really seem to have a sort of town agenda.
In post 165, Egix96 wrote:
In post 125, ChannelDelibird wrote:Feeling pretty iffy about RuiRui so far. Most of her posts so far are pretty surface-level stuff ("Inferno, you're moving too fast with your reads" without really talking about what that might mean, or "well now nobody can use that for info" after the comment about reactions to LUV) without truly engaging in anyone's alignment. Need to see more evidence of desire to actively uncover the scum rather than just reacting blandly to a random post here or there.
*Reads her ISO*

I'll admit, you're not wrong there. She does feel underwhelming compared to last game so far.
Really don't like this post, I would say it primarily reads fake rather than scummy but fake can be scummy
In post 176, Egix96 wrote:
In post 171, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:What are your thoughts on Sash? I like Asuka’s breakdown of Sash’s vote on Bob.
I think Sasha's reasoning for voting bob is pretty reachy but I don't think it makes him scum. (meta reasons)

I'd like to see a bit more content from him before giving a full-fledged read.
On the one hand, I like that someone in this game bothered to townread Sasha. On the other hand, using meta as an excuse to pocket Sasha seems like something scum would do, given that you don't really expand or explain this reasoning or really engage at this point to derail the wagon. The problem here is there's no way to separate this from you garnering towncred for a green flip given your lack of involvement
In post 204, Egix96 wrote:
In post 185, Sashaddin wrote:I think I'm going to quit playing Mafia, I always end up being lynched in the first days and that doesn't help town at all.
Assuming that you're not faking here: :(

But I have personally never witnessed you being lynched in a game (in schadd's game you got NKed iirc, and then in Mewtaph's game you were in danger at one point but I helped to turn things around and get scum lynched instead) so I don't get why you're upset here.
I don't hate the townread on Sasha but I do feel like a large chunk of your early iso is like exclusively focused on his slot. I *could* see that if you planned to solve around him, but I don't get the impression that's what you're doing, and white knighting someone you think won't scumread you later is something scum can do
In post 702, Egix96 wrote:
In post 695, High Risk Gamble wrote:
In post 233, Egix96 wrote:Yep, I can dig this.

VOTE: Rui
It reads as you have this slot an null or at a post scum lean, correct me if I'm wrong?
Is this really the strongest read you have to go with at this stage?
I generally find forming townreads to be easier than forming scumreads. Normally on Day 1 of a game I end up having a good number of townreads but rarely any strong scumreads, only leans in that direction.

So yes, at this point RuiRui is the closest thing I have to a full scumread.
On the whole this can easily come from town but there are certain types of scum players that struggle to advance any sort of agenda in the early game and eventually just try to come off as though they have to be talked into bussing which they will eventually do. Like the strategy here would be to conflate passivity with sorting when they're not the same thing.
In post 703, Egix96 wrote:
In post 700, High Risk Gamble wrote:Skitter just really pings me with their posting and just feels like a lot of empty posting.
Now that's a spicy read.
What exactly was spicy about the skitter scumread? I feel like there's no reason to see this as not s/s
In post 769, Egix96 wrote:
In post 742, skitter30 wrote:
In post 739, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 729, skitter30 wrote:which ones?
, and 635
You tell me if they are town to you...
Dont like the first post, the second two are nai imo

VOTE: sash

^^^^ entirely a compromise eod vote. I dont scumread him and i dont think he's flipping scum
If you're voting just to compromise, Rui is a better choice here
You just said HRG's scumread of skitter was "spicy" but this kinda doesn't feel like you engaging with someone that you just were inclined to re-evaluate based on a fresh read from a slot you didn't know was scum (HRG)
In post 1056, Egix96 wrote:
In post 966, bob3141 wrote:And i think this little proding has drawn out sash sucm partner. It ceratinly explains why chb was killed rather than some off teh wagon

Looks like high risk gambler is sash partner
In post 965, High Risk Gamble wrote:We're not voting Sash or URA today.
Sash is just an easy target right now for a mis lynch.

If you think Sash is scum, then hold on to that for now until I can be bothered to explain why you're wrong and explain to me why X or Y are scum instead so we can work towards an actual lynch.
Gamble is practically begging to be lynched if Sasha flips red. Seems way too obvious for them to be scum together if you ask me. It would be wiser to just bus.
Very, very easy to see this as S commenting on another S
In post 1063, Egix96 wrote:
In post 987, Garmr wrote:Bob is town.
In post 991, Inferno390 wrote:Yeah Bob is town here.
In post 1006, skitter30 wrote:i think bob is town
Whatever you three are seeing, I'm not seeing it...
In post 1135, Egix96 wrote:That's sad to hear :(
In post 1250, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1249, Exilon wrote:Im vla until Tuesday, sorry guys
Goodbye other me :(

I mostly just wanna chill this weekend but if anyone wants anything from me, ask away, I'll check back later.
One thing I notice about your playstyle here that maybe I will investigate more later is your usage of emotes and sadness for certain players being around/not being around, even though you don't really seem to be hanging out with those people that much when they're in the thread. idk what to do with this just something I can look into more tomorrow when I dive deeper.
In post 1270, Egix96 wrote:VOTE: Ausuka

Yeah I don't really like the way that she pushed on bob, specifically.
In post 1392, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1378, Garmr wrote: I'm completely willing to lynch the other two since they aren't on my town list. I can even
pretend to be scum
for you while lynching them! I'll make a make pretend Private thread in game, I'll invite
another
townie
lets say Bob
, Bob is fun.
No need to pretend!

Bake 'em away, toys :cop:
What does this post mean? Not arguing this is AI btw, just curious
In post 1688, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1675, Detective Pikachu wrote:Yet I don't feel like Egix is a lurker, and this isn't really any different for his post rate than when he posts as town.
Yeah you can't really read me based on activity/post count. I'm not a heavy poster and I have a history of lurking as both alignments.

==

@Garmr: Would you say that my meta read on Sasha is a bad reason then? Should I just drop it?
Like, it's really hard to believe you believed Sasha was town if you're not really going to engage in the actual meta discussion at all. Given you bring up your own games in your own self-meta, I feel like this is a really underwhelming meta-defense reaction to a push on Sasha
In post 1785, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1781, skitter30 wrote:@garmr: yeah, weak hider didnt fit my understanding of what the setup would look like *at all* which is why the claim confused me - i was half-expecting a vigi, since it's a miller of sorts to me, but weak + detective is just ????

@exi:
A) i don't crumb usually, i forget to do so most of the time
B) why did u ask me this (and not, say, ausuka who apparently didnt crumb an inno)?

@exilon: what are you thinking of urap and gamma rn?
(Egix =/= Exi but ok)
a) That's okay, I don't usually crumb either ;)
b) I was thinking that if you had a crumb to back up your claim then it would help.

So yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and

For me, it doesn't make sense for her to barely mention the person she's supposed to have a VT check on.
Would feel so much better about this being a town push if I had not been the one to already make the argument. Unfortunately being IC is difficult because it's hard not to feel like you saw the IC pushing this slot and realized it wasn't going to endgame and it was better to get on sooner than later. But it is hard to evaluate your reaction here vs. urap straight up ignoring me and hard defending Ausuka which is more open wolfy, although he reevaluated pretty quickly so *shrug*
In post 1905, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1900, Ausuka wrote:UNVOTE:

I think that the mason PT comments above make it very clear that the masonry is real; upon urap's enquiry Garmr is instantly able to provide direct quotes in bob's style from the mason PT. In order for Garmr and bob to be scum here they'd need to have faked mason conversations in the scum PT throughout the game. And while I suppose that's
possible
it seems very unlikely for them to timesink like that for a mason claim they don't even always get to do, and while I've seen scum consider claiming mason and have even considered doing so I've never seen anyone literally fake false conversations in their scum PT. So it's very unlikely Garmr/bob are scum here.

Urap seems obvtown here and although skitter would be my ideal vote because I don't think the setup makes sense with us as t/t, I think people wouldn't want to lynch skitter over me so I'd rather go for Egix. I think that his jump on me at daystart was opportunistic - although town was obv voting me they were at least willing to act questions and consider I was town I think (det pika) whereas Egix decides I'm scum just because I didn't soft my inno, and doesn't even think about the possibility that the risk of softing an inno and possibly getting caught was larger than the practically non-existent reward of getting my result out upon getting killed - I mean who kills me n2?

Besides if egix is town who's scum? Pika, Garmr, bob, gamma, me are all out. That means only one town exists inside {skitter, egix, exi, urap} and I'm much more inclined to think that's urap, who has made me much less likely to be lynched today, while the other three have all been thirsty for my blood.

VOTE: Egix96
The thing is though that I don't really see what motivation scum!skitter would have for counterclaiming you, considering that:

- Her claimed role is not the same as yours; it's not a direct counterclaim

- It's not MyLo/LyLo yet so scum!skitter can't yet win the game by winning a claim duel with you.

Not only that, but I find it implausible for there to be that many potential clears at this stage (IC + 2 Masons + Town Neapol + VT checked by Neapol) as that's far too townsided imo. (Scum achieving two mislynches but getting borked out of a win because they missed the PRs... doesn't seem like good balance philosophy at all to me.)
This is such a good post but I guess it just feels off (and I guess this pinged skitter too) because it's weird you don't have this sort of clarity almost anywhere else in the game
In post 1981, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1966, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1905, Egix96 wrote:The thing is though that I don't really see what motivation scum!skitter would have for counterclaiming you, considering that:

- Her claimed role is not the same as yours; it's not a direct counterclaim

- It's not MyLo/LyLo yet so scum!skitter can't yet win the game by winning a claim duel with you.

Not only that, but I find it implausible for there to be that many potential clears at this stage (IC + 2 Masons + Town Neapol + VT checked by Neapol) as that's far too townsided imo. (Scum achieving two mislynches but getting borked out of a win because they missed the PRs... doesn't seem like good balance philosophy at all to me.)
a) you agreeing with me is pinging me

b) i didn't really directly cc so much as express my incredulity that her role is town. i think she probably is a nea, just a scum one
a) You don't think that scum!me would try to downplay your claim though?

b) Do you think that you'd have been able to "express your incredulity" (as you put it) without hardclaiming?
Really dislike "a" here and also kinda dislike "b"
In post 2145, Egix96 wrote:Yup

VOTE: Skygazer

L-1
The biggest problem here is more that this is the first time reading your iso I would be aware that Skygazer is in the game; your interactions with HRG are pretty noncommittal and don't really feel that much like sorting so this does seem to kinda come out of nowhere.
In post 2263, Egix96 wrote:Well it's not me so...

VOTE: Exilon
but why exilon over urap? I dislike that bob hammered when NEITHER of your votes make sense to me and this was the critical moment we needed to actually have a conversation. but I also understand that I tend to be a bit more... slow paced than some people here.
In post 2326, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1095, u r a person 2 wrote:i think he's town.

if he's scum, he's playing a good game. Not as good a game as gamr is playing if he's scum

but a very good game, nonetheless
(Referring to Exilon)
This aged well... urap must have
conveniently forgotten
this by the time D5 rolled around.
I kinda agree that the movement of reads from URAP are one of the hardest things to deal with, but that is something I can evaluate maybe more tomorrow.
In post 2327, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1221, u r a person 2 wrote:i think ausuka is town

I def don't want to lynch outside those 4 players today

and your excilon case got me to rethink. you're right about iioa, and there were also a couple turns of phrase somewhere in the walls of text that pinged me

skim through hrg again for me? and don't forget the predecessor. I think that's our best shot today tbh

VOTE: hrg

This turnaround happened waaaaaaay too quickly
Obvious case of bussing

--

That seems like a good place to take a break for today
this is just an awkard casing post because you're making it seem like he moved from one scum to another scum too quickly?
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:15 pm

So to be clear, it's not like I can't 'find town' in both of you. The problem is I feel like I have 'more' from Urap. I have more reasons to townread him, and more things that bother me. Flip flops, annoying hammers, bad defenses of scum. However, with you, while I do like certain things for town, i.e. 1063, there's just... so much NOTHING in regard to all of the interactions with the scum slots. It's like you're just frozen with Ausuka, have interactions with HRG that don't really make sense to me, and then just bus without having any sort of coherent sorting going on preceding the bus.
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:16 pm

@Urap, what exactly do you see as the scum motivation in writing ?
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:19 pm

I mean Ausuka and urap certainly are capable of theater as scum so I guess, I mean I guess you're right that they probably weren't planning this in the PT so Ausuka was genuinely surprised if this is in fact s/s, but the annoyance at what would or would not count as a meta dive is so random and nitpicky it's kinda harder for me to see this as s/s personally
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:23 pm

Post by Egix96 »

@your response to 703

I found that read Gamble gave to be spicy because I felt like the general thread consensus was that skitter was town (and I myself was TL-ing skit at that time)
Spicy as in standing out, going against the grain

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”