Goon
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:36 am

Post by Golden RASpberry »

ask and you shall receive
why edgar allan foe is really obviously scum

a spiritual successor to "why cheekyteeky is the last scum and you are all pocketed trash"

Spoiler: TRT
like i mentioned i found TRT's posting explicitly scummy. i was somewhat confbiased by the fact i found EAF's drop in activity really alarming already but i think it's worth revisiting the real earlygame to an extent

so TRT scumread isn't super strong. they made a lot of earlygame posts which were kind of unrelatable stances and did nothing to advance the gamestate. contenders:
In post 16, The Renais Twins wrote:skygazer's opener was scummy
it was #skygazerposting; rc didn't want to engage with skygazer so he casually shaded her.
In post 35, The Renais Twins wrote:what are the odds that PP/Mary interaction was SvS
In post 70, The Renais Twins wrote:by information you mean 'well RC hydra died n1'
In post 72, The Renais Twins wrote:is that... not why you're advocating for it? so that you don't have to read me?
In post 74, The Renais Twins wrote:that makes me sad.
^ closest thing to game related posts and lacked any teeth
In post 89, The Renais Twins wrote:okay let's try this

VOTE: Yumeko

her entrance is essentially exactly the same as her entrance in a past game where she was scum and I have other
spicy
reasons to think that she's scum

leggo
never mentions yumeko again this is transparently a false swipe. i appreciate this is liable to come from town pulling off a reaction test etc. but it is very important to rermember (to an extent) that we're talking about radiantcowbells here. his reaction tests and gamestate pressure as town/scum are pretty markedly different. he is Good Town and plays hard. as scum, ime he is terrified of playing his hand against players he should be able to read.

i'll also accept that the thing rc does where he suggests players are dubiously motivated for not townreading him is something that he does as both alignments. but please consider that as town, he makes an active effort to discern whether players are misreading him or mislynching him: in this case he's treating mary saotome as basically already town with a bad read. not a 'gotcha' but another thing to consider.

keeping meta to a minimum here but we have surely all played with rc or seen him in action. a messy early d1 is his time to shine - he's very skilled at creating content and advancing the gamestate in a fashion where people alignment tell. here he's making all the right posts to project that he's RCing and he has great reads and is advancing the gamestate. but he's not actually doing anything. he claims Skygazer scumtold in her opening posts yet holds his vote for Yumeko in 89 for a ~secret tell~. he never revisits the ~secret tell~. he engages with mary like she's already town. this can conceivably come from a town player but this isn't a town!RC approach; the fangs are missing. he isn't interested in creating content. he isn't interested in advancing the gamestate. he's resisting a 'hostile'/assertive advance on skygazer (he thinks she has scumtold and is buds with her. this is the correct opportunity for him to pressure her and get an alignment tell as town; he does nothing). this posting is scumtelling.

the rest of his iso is lukewarm townreads/"i'm calling you town because you called me town"reads on mary/pp. a dismissive engagement about his own alignment with fusco. comes close to game-relevant but is basically a setup strategy in effort to dismiss reads. justification of lynching a lurker. then a nearly-naked vote of;
In post 231, The Renais Twins wrote:VOTE: Schiavetto

their posts are probably the most independently scummy of all the absent slots
fam in his 30 posts in the game the dude made no effort to engage with anybody. he made his 'you should be townreading me' posts and setup gamed but this is a cheap imitation of RC. there's no teeth. there's unambiguously sorting. he hands out a couple of free townreads (which look more like scum antiassociatives than legitimate reads fmpov given i don't really see where he found those slots AI; but whatever). his votes were *exclusively* shade-throws; none of these felt good and exploring thread context i don't really see how he's achieving them. this is a pretty wolfy opener but not a checkmate.

i'd probably call my read at this point a "hard null"; the slot hasn't meaningfully interacted with the game. allowing RC meta that in itself is scum indicative, if weakly. EAF is the player who's exhaustively scumtold.

Spoiler: EAF til end of day 1: part 1 (team vote hammer)
to be frank EAF's openers in / + contain an unvote and uninteresting setup spec. i will be holistically ignoring them.

his first game interaction is 320:
In post 320, Edgar Allan Foe wrote:Yeah, Titus you're a setup breaker. Both calling to go random AND shutting down discussions on the alternates?

Scum, or Dunce Cap?

I think scum.

VOTE: Titus
this read is very silly!
he pushes titus immediately after his replace in because basically:
- she is the queen of setups
- she is advocating randomness/pissing away the core mechanic of the game

this is vague setup speculation disguised in a vote. it's not game advancing, and he's not making an effort to sort titus nor expose her if she's a wolf; he's making noise and throwing his weight around. if you're kinda thinking "well he's pushing titus so surely that's game advancing..." please consider two things. firstly: this was during the party phase; his vote on titus was literally entirely for noise. secondly: this is a principally setup speculation related vote and as i'll step through he makes no effort to meaningfully evaluate titus' alignment.

in essence he replaces in and pushes titus with no tangible pressure, and without evident intent to either read her alignment nor intent to get her lynched.

his only acknowledgements of her in the interim are;
In post 351, Edgar Allan Foe wrote:Much engage, such wow, Titus.

Where's the stone cold lawyer who tells the cop off for pulling her over for a light out? You'd normally salivate being directly challenged on effectively being accused of dragging your heels.

Did she die with the color green?
a dismissing rheotrical post, and the 'met irl'/ID teasing stuff, and
In post 441, Edgar Allan Foe wrote:
In post 434, PenguinPower wrote:I like Titus for town too.
Sell me this pen.
asking penguin for his read on titus which he never either comments on or acknowledges. this is until
In post 645, Edgar Allan Foe wrote:UNVOTE:

My heart ain't in this Titus shit anymore.

There's a thing she STILL hasn't picked up, it would seem. Old habits die hard.
he unvotes her citing that he still has an individual towntell which she hasn't exhibited but his heart is no longer in the lynch. i'll circle back to this, because i skipped some of his posts to focus on his titus trajectory. it's all important i promise.

his posting in between is below with context;
In post 568, Edgar Allan Foe wrote:
In post 539, Inbred Lannisters wrote:
In post 538, Kirari Momobami wrote:You're not going to get 6 people to coalition you and dup in the next 20 hours and continuing to try to send townreads into the house party is playing against wincon because it's really looking like we won't get a consensus at all. If the send is randomized it should be exclusively composed of scumreads or lynchbait poes.
Would you support healing {us, Duppin}?

- Cersei Lannister (Volxen)
If you had to swap Duppin out, who would you put in. Now, same question but yourself.. Does that have the same answer?
In post 579, Edgar Allan Foe wrote:
In post 577, Inbred Lannisters wrote:Edgar and Duppin, you guys should sheep us and HEAL: Inbred Lannisters, Duppin

- Cersei Lannister (Volxen)
It would appear you skipped my post stating I'd likely do so but had some questions about the next tier of your reads.
he asks the Inbred Lannisters for consideration of the second tier of their read list (outside of themselves/duppin, who do they like): nothing else in his ISO suggests he was actually invested in this read. he wasn't interested in sorting the Inbred Lannisters as far as I can tell because the responses were never acknowledged and he drops a naked townread of them in his readlist. this is a question to appear busy.

after Lannistergate (nancy voting {IL, duppin, fusco, EAF} in then Auro healing {IL, duppin} over her) he reactively votes Nancy's 4p block.
In post 633, Edgar Allan Foe wrote:I prefer the 4-block.

HEAL: Inbred Lannisters, duppin, Fuscosco, Edgar Allen Foe

I have slightly nudges about this, but it's better than the other options on the table.

People are welcome to sheep this one or the two-block. Just please don't do nothing, lest RNJESUS fuck us over for the lulz?
bolded is an incredibly wolfy throw-in. "slight nudges" is softing the existence of scum in the towncore, which partyscum desperately needs to establish to avoid being PoE'd. within the context i'm also not sure where we're meant to see his 'slight nudges';
1) he's been treating the inbred lannisters as town; didn't acknowledge their response to his questions about their reads; doesn't appear to have considered their alignment very heavily publicly
2) duppin doesn't exist in his iso yet later becomes his other highest townread
3) fusco becomes his third-highest townread and also doesn't exist elsewhere in his iso
4) edgar allen foe is himself

i think this is a kind of perspective slippy shade-throw; he hasn't had an earnest go at reading the slots he's healing. he cites slight nudges yet lists them all as strong townreads below. the only motivation i can see for phrasing his post this way is at a subconscious level if he needs to keep lynches alive in the towncore; i can't think of another way this sentence ends up said. the "better than the other options on the table" comment is completely bizarre as well given that he's allegedly voting on an alliance with all of his strongest townreads yet has...slight nudges...?

this catches us up to the titus unvote in , talk about a personal tell he won't be revealing (or apparently paying any attention to per ), and the great readlist of post .

let it be noted before we go into this readlist that his only explicitly stated read so far has been titus. who he scumread based on poor setup speculation; asked PP to qualify a read on; didn't mention again nor engage with PP's read; unvoted in ; stated he had a personal towntell he hadn't seen yet in . all this time, he was vanity wagoning titus with fuscosco. votes also didn't count as the party mechanic hadn't been resolved yet. i am firmly of the belief that this is not just a fake read, but distancing.

it's obvious that he townreads the block he healed but the fact he questioned IL over it then never followed through on the question doesn't give the impression that he has actually done any work to achieve the reads. it is a also a healblock which he is sheeping, citing "some nudges" as a qualifier of concern.

as a sidenote he has also holistically ignored the 6p wagon which formed on anime person while the party mechanic was being resolved.
In post 653, Edgar Allan Foe wrote:My town tiers from most to least are something like this right now? Ish? My feelings fluctuate like Trump's net worth.

{Inbred Lannisters, duppin}
~GAP~
{Fus, Penguin, RedPanda}
~GAP~
{Titus, Kirari}
~LINE OF LYNCHABILITY TODAY~

Strongly doubt my top line is wrong. Possibility of me being tricked well by the middle line. Not super solid on the third line.

I feel there's good odds of hitting scum among the lurkmass that's s(h)itting around. I would like to lynch from that pool unless I see a compelling argument otherwise.
credit where credit is due: when he was asked for a read on kirari he responded "wouldn't lynch today" in 652. he also mentioned that he liked her early posting but she couldddd be scum. think this is better condensed into my commentary on tho.

so first tier;
the top tier is IL/duppin. this is fine in and of itself, and like it's the zeigeist of d1 reads. auro/duppin were already kinda acting like they were masons or smth so not something to criticise. what issss concerning is reminiscing on him questioning IL "who would you replace duppin with; who would you replace yourself with; are they the same person". he hasn't given either slot realistic consideration, yet mentioned his ~slight nudges~ and has an expectation on IL to have considered how to adjust the next tier of their readlist upwards. i personally don't think duppin was actually that transparently towny on d1 but i never get the feeling this is something that's occurred to EAF. i think this tier was included to coast and it's pretty obvious that he's put no work into sorting either of the slots.

second tier;
fuscosco/pp/redpanda - he has mentioned exactly none of these slots except for asking pp for his read on titus. welp. i got nothin

third tier;
titus/kirari. this one is slimy.
1) "i thought titus was scum when i replaced in because lolmechanics but i mystically resolved my issues with her by the time votes actually had any weight and like i have a personal towntell on her which she hasn't done but i guess she's town now"
2) a weak townread on kirari which again hasn't been mentioned til now. i can't see much motivation for this read being included outside of NK distancing but NKA is a wormhole and i won't be going into this. please consider that this read is not town indicative, and his titus read is explicitly scum indicative.
I feel there's good odds of hitting scum among the lurkmass that's s(h)itting around. I would like to lynch from that pool unless I see a compelling argument otherwise.
^ this is contextually extremely concerning. he was worried about scum!titus. he's starting to consider that kirari may be scum. he is townreading all of the other active slots. he is currently not voting anybody to create any pressure. this is definitely a readlist, and he wants it to look like it's coming from a solvey towny pov (he's explicitly the deepwolf in this scenario, and i believe he's using it for optics/to make himself look better, not to hide another wolf). but the more you drill into it, the less sense it makes both holistically and in the specific context of his reads' trajectory. at a more cliche level, he also has no sense of urgency to his sorting and nothing which gives me a feeling that he's trying to find teh scumz. it's towny-sounding noise.

20 minutes later, the party mechanic is resolved and we see a spicy change.

Spoiler: EAF til end of day 1: part 2 (the lynch)
i'm gonna skim through this a bit because frankly it's transparently scumposting.

: lannisters, who are your scumreads/POE? (explicitly not sorting; gauging mislynches)
: defends pp townread on the basis of "tone". redpanda, i'm surprised you don't find this disturbing for starters as PP is a tremendously hard toneread unless he posts fairly feverishly. side note that he also did not reflect on PP's titus townread which makes me further think it didn't have much impact on EAF's own reads.
: "we disagree about pp; how about raya?" (tickling a mislynch; no sorting/mention of raya's slot)
: lannisters, is your lynchpool just {raya, bob}?
: panda, what are your reads?
: mind blowingly soft defence of redpanda citing activity levels and lack of reaction to being called obvtown; the gamestate has advanced well past the point where tells like these are required to force reads. what's more, redpanda has exhibited more poignant towntells than the ones he lists here.

noting at this point that EAF has put virtually no work into sorting any slots; his efforts after his readlist are exclusively asking his townreads for their scumreads and angling his way towards a lynch without allocating any effort to sorting the more quiet slots (nor reevaluating his potential scumspects within the active players {titus, dead anime person}).

=== drawing a line here as the party mechanic resolves at via rand, allowing EAF into the party ===

vote on hell knight; subpar post but nothing i'm gonna waffle abt
he is asked for his read on titus and quotes his readlist in #707. i think this is pretty scumtelling, and is a distancing tell; in a general sense town are comfortable talking about their reads on slots like these when they are shifting as actively as EAF's read on titus is shifting. on the flipside scum tend to be quite hesitant to produce new content and comparatively proud of content they've already produced; he's obviously happy with the readlist and i do think it was meant to look like a town readlist. so he's quoted that rather than engaged with his active shifting thoughts. i think this is very telling that he doesn't have active shifting thoughts on reading the slot.
In post 953, Edgar Allan Foe wrote:Yeah... this is coming off rather like somebody scrambling to unload a wagon onto anything else, quickly.

Means the wagon at present is mostly or more likely, ALL town.

Hell Knight (4): Yumeko Jabami, duppin, Edgar Allan Foe, Inbred Lannisters

Makes me feel better about Yumeko, even!
this is a moving read on yumeko which is very exciting but to look at it from a technical vca point of view:-
(4)
:
yumeko, duppin
eaf, IL
)
early votes on a wagon are at rand more likely to be town. in context, for him to question one of their motivatins he would either have to 1) rescind on his duppin townread which would be very difficult, or 2) consider yumeko scum who has started a wagon against a partner (hell knight).

these are the more opportunistic votes; EAF basically has the prime position for turning a vanity wagon into a wagon at 3/8 required to lynch. to throw shade for opportunistic votes he would need to challenge IL's position on the wagon which is again very difficult.

at this point the dude's PoE is entirely lurker slots:
to join the wagon without this kind of qualifying comment would mean that he is assuming lurkerscum is bussing lurkerscum
. so i think that there is direct scum motivation in making this comment, but simultaneously believe that the comment was made to look like town while joining a kinda squicky wagon.

there are no more meaningful sorting posts until the end of day one. not one. check it. the closest thing is saying he wishes people he doesn't have reads on would engage him; again, not looking to sort them. just shading them for not approaching him.

Spoiler: EAF d2, skipping fluffposts bc there's a Lot of them and this duck needs to sleep
In post 1683, Edgar Allan Foe wrote:
In post 1681, Cabd wrote:
In post 1677, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1666, CheekyTeeky wrote:Caymans sounds nice!
Need to find a way to get there now!
You can try to use your newfound time to go back and elaborate on the reads detail you owed me.
God fucking damn it I've been so good about it.

Mine.
shading pp for underexplained reads while not evaluating anything himself, nor adding pressure to slots, nor meaningfully reevaluating his townread on pp
In post 1698, Edgar Allan Foe wrote:
In post 1694, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1692, Edgar Allan Foe wrote:Ah. I was looking for something more substantial but you're forgiven given vacation.
I mean - it's not just the vacation. I get a lot of my reads based on how slots treat me. RedPanda doesn't know me so I don't really see a problem with how he's treating me. Fusco has seen how I play, so I don't really get his read on me.

That said, I was sus of Kirari for similar reasons so it's not 100% accurate. But, it helps me.

Don't give me a pass because of vacation-mode.
And what do you make of MY treatment of you?
....shading pp again. pp responds being unsure of how to handle him, but having him as town.
EAF doesn't react to his. he posts nothing til 1721 responding to my fanboy moment in 1717 making me think he's read PP's response and thought literally nothing of it

so here you go: he was not re-sorting or reconsidering his pp read. he was fishing for a townread. he got one. he left.
In post 1893, Edgar Allan Foe wrote:I am fully aware I've not been super active.

Part of this was trying out a new style, the other half is that I have family visiting from out of state.

More activity tomorrow.
valid, groovy as gravy
on the 9th of june 2018, 'tomorrow', edgar allan foe wrote: *crickets*
In post 2187, Edgar Allan Foe wrote:I mean shit man, minus the fact that I know it's wrong by nature of my role PM that's a pretty convincing case? Fuck, I'd vote me if I wasn't me, based on that case. I accept my lynch, unfortunate as it is. Seems my attempt sot change my playstyle to be less hyperactive just resulted in my stuff turning to shit. Apologies. At the very least let's replace me with Golden within the party, because there's ~0.0001% odds it flips scum.

Let me use the maximum amount of time available to put down plans for what happens when their solve ISN'T accurate and we have to re-calibrate.

And then I'll root? Rot? From the dead PT.
we have the dream response to our case on him.

let's approach this from two perspectives.

firstly (the incorrect perspective):
Edgar Allan Foe is town. his readlist was legitimate. he's been reconsidering his read on PP, just didn't feel like sharing with the class. he's been actively reevaluating us all and secretly sorting us behind closed doors. cabd is an absolute beast mode town player, for all intents and purposes. say he's cracked out the infamous meta binder and he's preparing to case the fuck outta the scumteam. he comes back, sees an incorrect scumcase on him and.....
responds by.......
admitting it's a good case.........
without trying to solve the game.......
or sort anyone...................

... you see why i'm having a hard time swallowing this perspective.

secondly (the correct perspective):
Edgar Allan Foe is scum. he's come back and seen us case him, correctly and accurately. he realises he's in a spot of bother and decides to go into antispew mode by posting virtually nothing except looking like he's rolling over. best case scenario: town either doesn't powerlynch him because they're too busy being INCREDIBLY SILLY, or town does lynch him but it looks like he's rolled over and taken a bus from the big bad duck and RAS. worst case scenario: he's powerlynched, and he hasn't produced any more content which can be read for associatives.

this is almost certainly how he has treated the post.

thirdly (almost always also correct perspective):
he is scum. with Titus. he has come back and seen an accurate case on him, including the suggestion that he was distancing from his actual scumbuddy. he froze and decided to try not to spew either that we're correct about Titus, or the identity of the third scum.

Spoiler: tl;dr bc you don't want to read this tremendous wall of quack
In post 2053, Golden RASpberry wrote:
Part I: EAF’s Approach

His early game posting is focused on setup and mechanics as opposed to actual tells. There’s little content in his ISO, and he hasn’t outed any reads outside of his weak Titus read. He’s shown no evidence he’s trying to sort anyone this game, and a lot of his posting is giving me the impression he’s trying to get town-read. There was some distancing made between EAF and Titus, however this read is largely Duck-lead, so he’d be much better off explaining that than me.

There’s a switch that flipped on this slot between late-day-1 and day-2, and it has nothing to do with his activity. He lost a lot of focus after the party mechanic was resolved. The timing of it leads me to believe that this is because he was added to the party list. There’s an undertone to his most recent posting, but it’s not something I’d be great at explaining.
Quest
Quest
Goon
Quest
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:38 am

Post by Quest »

TL;DR: We’re content with lynching EAF in the next ~24/48 hours. There’s no reason to run it down to the deadline when the result is inevitable and obvious.
Golden RASpberry
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:39 am

In post 2276, Quest wrote:TL;DR: We’re content with lynching EAF in the next ~24/48 hours. There’s no reason to run it down to the deadline when the result is inevitable and obvious.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:43 am

Post by Skygazer »

/his shade on me was a joke post in the context but that doesn't rlly change ur case much
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:45 am

Post by Skygazer »

i joined to sheep and b/c i trust ur reads and is what had me keep my vote

good case
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:46 am

Post by Skygazer »

someone give coffee
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:01 am

Post by schadd_ »

post from the hydra acct please
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Golden RASpberry
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:03 am

I blame Duck's obsession with mafTigers.
Golden RASpberry
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:03 am

sry we fixed our skins
my fault for trying to burn RAS' eyes with maftigers

pedit: :shifty:
Inbred Lannisters
Inbred Lannisters
Goon
Inbred Lannisters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:05 am

Post by Inbred Lannisters »

Sup Ducky
In post 2282, Golden RASpberry wrote:I blame Duck's obsession with mafTigers.
Relate so much. This hydra is maf!grey or something and also the post order's inverted. I only log in when I have to post.
Skygazer wrote:someone give coffee
Me toooo

Back to lurky lurk world, see y'all later, whoever's not been around just vote EAF in your next post pls

-Joff
We are not questioning your logic, we are denying its existence.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:56 am

Post by schadd_ »

vengaboys replaces skygazer
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:14 am

Post by Vengaboys »

VENGABOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:49 am

Post by Fuscosco »

brah thats hot
Golden RASpberry
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:03 am

fishsnek vote eaf
Golden RASpberry
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:04 am

(vote eaf please)
(quest says i sound like a bully)
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:24 am

Post by Vengaboys »

We (we use 'we' but mean 'I;' little known fact, the Vengaboys have been a singular entity since 2006) haven't had much of a chance to catch up yet (what can we say, we like to party...).

However, we have some reads that are astoundingly similar to our predecessor's reads. For instance, we're townreading the following players:
Golden RASpberry
Inbred Lannisters
RedPanda

You could say that we're townreading these players so hard that we want them in our room (our party room?).

It seems that duppin is already partying (good for you! We like to party too!) but our read there is slightly less strong than the above three.

A case has been presented against Edgar Allen Foe! It's a very good case. We went ahead and modified a little song of ours to present our first vote (granted, it's the same vote that our predecessor Skygazer made, but we like the dramatic effect of the song!)

A Song for Edgar Allen Foe
Boom boom boom boom!
I want to vote for you!
Let's vote Edgar together,
from now until forever!

Thank you for listening to our song!

VOTE: Edgar Allen Foe
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:54 am

Post by Vengaboys »

We're going to start off by isoing the best bird in this game! That's right, we're talking about...

PenguinPower!

This penguin isn't a normal penguin; he's spending a significant amount of his energy trying to get invited to a party!

Spoiler: This Penguin likes to party a bit toooo much...
In post 7, PenguinPower wrote:But...I've never been invited to a party before...

:(
In post 10, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 8, schadd_ wrote:penguin do u wanna come to my birthday party later
yes pls thx.
In post 26, PenguinPower wrote:No...it's because you didn't invite me to the party.

:(
Now these posts could be considered early-game shitposts, but it doesn't stop there...
In post 27, PenguinPower wrote:schadd at least invited me to a party.
In post 83, PenguinPower wrote:heh.

I HAVEN'T BEEN INVITED TO A PARTY BEFORE LISTEN TO ME WHY DON'T YOU!
In post 357, PenguinPower wrote:I think I like the "house pet" strat, but I am against anything that requires me wearing a bowtie.
In post 369, PenguinPower wrote:HEAL: PenguinPower, Skygazer, Raya36, Hell Knight

If I have to wear a bowtie, I'm rocking the cane, monocle, and tophat as well.

My first party...I'm so excited.
Here he is pushing what we believe to be a suboptimal strategy (the housepets strategy). Considering Hell Knight was town, my slot is town, and GoldenRASpberry's slot is probably town, this would've done nothing other than allow obvious town slots get night killed. While the four slots in question were seen as scummy slots at the time, we believe it's very likely that scum were pushing this party. In hindsight it would've effectively done nothing, allowing powerful town-slots to get nightkilled and if PP is scum, allowing him to sneak in.
In post 659, PenguinPower wrote:I'm not sheeping anything where I don't get invited to the party. I already bought my top hat and cane.
Here he is refusing to vote for any party that doesn't contain him in it! We think this is very scummy behavior and probably +scum equity for PP

Next up, we're going to look at the amount of fluff-posts he has and compare that to other games he's in. We feel like he's fluffposting a lot more here than his townself, but we just want to go and verify that at some point today. Additionally, we remember him complaining quite a bit about fluffposting in another game we've seen him in, so we want to go check that out. Stay tuned!!
Golden RASpberry
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:56 am

YO VENGABOYS PENGUIN IS THE SECOND BEST BIRD. SECOND BEST.
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:03 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

Sorry ):
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

After reading PP's iso again and crosschecking it with other games he's played in, we don't think there's that much different in terms of surface level stuff. That being said we feel like he's quite a bit more fluffy here and we still think that his attempts to push himself into a party with two people we know are town (HK/ourself) and one slot we think is town (GRASS) makes me think he's been pushing an agenda. We're going to do a littttttle bit more digging around there but we think that he's below null at the moment in terms of our reads. So, for the people we have reads on so far:

{GRASS, Lannisters, RedPanda}
{duppin}
______
{PenguinPower}
{Eddie Allen}
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

A question for the new best bird in this game (GRASS);

Do you two have a solid read on PP yet? Do you think we're overthinking things?
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:20 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

In post 93, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: Fuscosco

I'm good lynching this.
Eh
In post 122, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 100, Fuscosco wrote:Actually, I TR PP preemptively.
:shifty:

Weird progression
In post 143, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: HK
Lynch bait
In post 437, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: Yumeko Jabami
Potential lynch bait?
In post 952, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 929, Hell Knight wrote:If nance thinks he’s obvscum and we think he’s scum, let’s vote here
Why does Nancy's view strengthen yours?
In post 929, Hell Knight wrote:I think he was buddying us when he proposed us for the party
I literally copy/pasted Kirari's suggestion...

Like...wut?
In post 929, Hell Knight wrote:And I fell for it
Fake fake fake fake.

VOTE: Hell Knight
More lynch bait, I don't really like these one-liners tonally
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

In post 2218, PenguinPower wrote:HEAL: Golden RAS

Pocketing successful.

I have to say the addition of RAS to duck makes me uberparanoid I’m not going to be able to correctly read the slot but...oh well.
The paranoia here feels like a weird shade/kind of agenda-y
We feel like tw has town-told a ton before the replace-in and is continuing to town-tell after RAS joined
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

To sum up PP, he looks very similar to his town-meta on the surface level but there's almost no gamesolving until maybe halfway through and that consists of just him pushing lynch bait/reacting to scum reads on him/asking questions that I find emptier than his usual questions (additionally his questioning here feels more like pushy whereas his town meta questions feel like he's genuinely trying to sort stuff out)

Idk, I feel like I could definitely be wrong here but I feel like PP has high scum equity especially when you consider how hard he pushed for himself to be in the party.
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:27 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

I should probably move on to another iso!!

Return to “Completed Open Games”