Vorkuta

Not Voting (2):
EvilDeanius, Flubbernugget

With
alive, it takes
to hammer.
Day 1 ends in
(expired on 2019-06-22 09:30:00)
DP- after isoing, would actually move above URAP. Can’t call out one thing. I’m liking what they are doing.
Last edited by ofrhz on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ
Goon
NerfedBuJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:07 pm

Post by NerfedBuJ »

In post 657, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 545, NerfedBuJ wrote:So it is strange. Either he is scum's pick for day 1 mislynch or he managed to pocket me despite being even more annoying than usual. (No offence vork it's not you it's just how you post)
I don't like either of those options.
I guess you kind of answered it. I think vorkuta is lynchbait this game a lot of the time. I don't know if it's being pushed by town or by scum rn tho.

Is there another option that you would like better? It's weird to say that you think everything points to these two options but that you don't think either of those options are right
I'm not saying I don't think either of those options are right. I was saying that I think both of these options are bad.

Admittedly the 2nd option is more of a personal problem not a problem for all town but town not seeing eye to eye on reads is not good. I'm going to defend my townreads so if one of them is wrong I would be standing in the way of a scun lynch.
In post 670, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 651, skitter30 wrote:i can see buj sincerely believing that policying the miller claim day before lylo is optimal

(i just saw him park on someone he was townreading because they claimed scum so)
I guess. That whole post pings me tho. Like, the idea of rushing a post in the middle of the meeting to make sure your town read gets out there a week or whatever before eod? I see a scum motivation for that, but not really a town one outside of exuberance for playing the game~

I could see scum wanting to make sure they were out ahead of them becoming a consensus town read for credit tho

do you think I'm way off base here?
This might be the first thing you've said that's pretty townie, because it's not something I would typically expect scum to come up with for a fake case.

But I posted because I saw a growing wagon on an early miller claim which is a bad strategy imo to lynch miller claims day 1. I townread cinnamon which made it even worse as a push. What was particularly concerning is that it looked like it had real potential to grow because it was being pushed by nero who has a substantial amount of influence in games on average. I had no idea at the time he was fake pushing. I felt at the time that it was urgent enough to warrant publicly opposing the wagon.
I'm not really a watch from afar kind of player.
My main is BuJaber.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:12 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 720, Detective Pikachu wrote:I think it means he's taking off the hot nurse uniform and putting on his pajamas
The problem is that since writing hat post I’ve had an urge to watch that music video, but I can’t remember the actual name of the 80s song, just the girl in the video :facepalm:
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:18 pm

Post by Detective Pikachu »

End of Blind Man by Aerosmith?

Spoiler:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean there's blink 182 that has a hot nurse in their vids but that's not 80's. There's Whitesnake that had a girl dancing on a car in a video that I thought you were talking about earlier.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:30 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

I know everybody has forgotten page 3 by now but why was cinnamon discussing their modifiers?????
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:31 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 730, Flubbernugget wrote:I know everybody has forgotten page 3 by now but why was cinnamon discussing their modifiers?????
WOOOOOOOOOOW
"Vork are you really confused about editing your sig?" ~Formerfish
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:07 pm

Post by Saladman27 »

Flubber, please reread the game, even your drunk posts.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:42 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 660, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 564, nomnomnom wrote:I guess I'll give Vork this point, it's that people only followed Vork's case when Skitter appeared in the thread and made that case despite me presenting the exact same arguments. THAT is strange.
If Vorkuta is town, would you say that makes skitter town?

Like, is it some combination of scum and town following town skitter? or do you think the same thing happens in a world with scum!skitter?
I think I can't reasonably assess Skitter's alignment by considering that push alone. This is the kind of thing you look back to in a few days to see what was up with that imo.
In post 661, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 567, nomnomnom wrote:tbh that fact alone means that if vork is actually town, teacher is probably 100% scum here. And even then that kind of observation makes me think that it could be an equally good lynch for today.
wait, why
In post 662, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 571, nomnomnom wrote:When you have two people making the same case but the one that was made later down the road with the exact same argument has a player joining it simply because it actually took off this time, that's scummy. And that's what teacher did here.
??

you were only voting vorkuta for like 50 posts, and teacher had no posts during that time

real life is a thing
I agree but the fact that teacher sheeped with extremely weak reasons is kind of the main thing that drew my vote there. That's why I voted him and not Dunn, who had a previous case on Vork.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:46 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 686, teacher wrote:
In post 638, skitter30 wrote:honestly i'm kinda surprised that the wagon didn't go higher - a lot of people have proclaimed vork to be a scumread but have expressed reluctance in actually voting him
I absolutely agree.

Vork started taking off, getting to four votes and Salad indicating interest in going to five, around . But then Salad and Nom switch the momentum to me -- for joining them on someone they scumread (and, in noms case, was also voting).

I absolutely agree that same reads=/ same alignment. But the logic here is escaping me. I think I had been pretty clear from the start that I agreed with Cinnamon/Urap/Nerfed's take on the miller claim, and didnt like Vorkuta/Nero's push. Once Nero town-told, my progression to Vork would seem to be natural (as indeed it was). If Nom really had been trying to get inside my head, I think this would have been clear.

As a result, I think Nom's push at me is a bit of counterwagoning from the one other active slot I didnt call out earlier as town or scum.
I have never played a single time with you and from an outsider perspective this is simply a naked vote and sheeping the more popular wagon.

Also this counter-wagon point is strange because not only causing a counter-wagon would be nonsensical given I pushed to hell and back to have a push on Vork when I started pushing him and so that explanation for starting a wagon on you makes no sense, but it also draws no conclusion from it which makes me think you like to fence-sit about your reads about people. This is starting to be a trend with you.
EvilDeanius
EvilDeanius
Townie
EvilDeanius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:58 pm

Post by EvilDeanius »

In post 659, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 557, EvilDeanius wrote:
In post 550, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 545, NerfedBuJ wrote:Either he is scum's pick for day 1 mislynch
Why would scum pick town!vorkuta as a day 1 mislynch? I mean objectively speaking if you were scum here, wouldn't your mind go towards the more lurk-ish people, where it's easier to make a case on? Because that's definitely easier than to go against a player like vorkuta here.
Because you get the loud/good players out of the way early, so you can mislynch the lurky players later with little resistance. You always try to mislynch/kill those with thread presence early.
Why did you choose to make this the subject of your first post after 10+ pages of content?
This was supposed to be closely followed by a reads list I'm half way through. But unfortunately irl stuff got in the way, then I got distracted and it's still only like half done rn.

Main issue I'm having is alot of my reading ability relies on meta, and as alot of you also seem to be quoting meta as reasons to vote each other, I'm finding it difficult to place people. I wanted to challenge myself by coming to a different site where I didn't know anybody to help improve this, but so far it's not gone well. Though I also know that my D1s are typically rather weak compared to my plays later in the game.. I'll work on the rest of the reads list today, but I know it's a fairly busy day for me today, so I can't promise anything.

Just some things of note so far:

Miller claim is v. likely town to me rn.

Vork v Nom reading as TvT to me.

Lynch pool for me as of rn is Teacher/Pika. I've not really disliked anyone on teacher's wagon so I can see it being pure, whereas Pika is kinda just gut atm. There's not alot there that I particularly dislike but there was a point where people seemed to start talking about him for lack of proper content, at which point he then switched to pushing on others who also hadn't done anything/alot. The timing just seems like a deflection to me, it seems off.
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:12 am

Post by Detective Pikachu »

In post 735, EvilDeanius wrote:There's not alot there that I particularly dislike but there was a point where people seemed to start talking about him for lack of proper content, at which point he then switched to pushing on others who also hadn't done anything/alot. The timing just seems like a deflection to me, it seems off.
This is a good observation insofar as people pushing me for content when I don't really feel like doing things on day 1 tends to work, but I don't think it's a great reason to "gut" scumread me

Can you expand on your Vork townread (given you list him as TvT with nomnom)? That's been the basis for a good part of Dunn's iso so it would help me if you could comment on whether you see Dunn's push as townie if Vork town is one of your stronger/only reads.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:43 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 706, Nero Cain wrote:
I'm sorry, but this just feels so much like a scum strat.Why is he town again?
I'm not really townreading him
I'm not scumreafing him either; most of what u said here just isnt super compelling to me
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:44 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 707, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 705, skitter30 wrote:Urap how are you reading me?
I'm not even really trying yet, skitter.
I think you're easily in your town and scum ranges
Ngl this post kinda makes me want to vote u ...

Why arent u trying to read me yet?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:46 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 726, NerfedBuJ wrote:This might be the first thing you've said that's pretty townie, because it's not something I would typically expect scum to come up with for a fake case.
I didnt really see that post as being townie tbh; dont think it's a weird thing for scum to fake either really
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 636, skitter30 wrote:
In post 571, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 569, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 564, nomnomnom wrote:I guess I'll give Vork this point, it's that people only followed Vork's case when Skitter appeared in the thread and made that case despite me presenting the exact same arguments. THAT is strange.
In post 567, nomnomnom wrote:tbh that fact alone means that if vork is actually town, teacher is probably 100% scum here. And even then that kind of observation makes me think that it could be an equally good lynch for today.
I feel like I missed a post or something, how does that make teacher scum?
When you have two people making the same case but the one that was made later down the road with the exact same argument has a player joining it simply because it actually took off this time, that's scummy. And that's what teacher did here.
tbf the two people voting when u pushed it were {you/dunn}
the people voting when i pushed it were {me/you/dunn} until teacher voted

so i'm not sure that it really 'took off' before teacher voted there given that the wagon comp was exactly the same + me
@nom: still dont really understand the 'teacher voted the wagon after it started taking off' narrative
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:53 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 735, EvilDeanius wrote:Lynch pool for me as of rn is Teacher/Pika. I've not really disliked anyone on teacher's wagon so I can see it being pure, whereas Pika is kinda just gut atm. There's not alot there that I particularly dislike but there was a point where people seemed to start talking about him for lack of proper content, at which point he then switched to pushing on others who also hadn't done anything/alot. The timing just seems like a deflection to me, it seems off.
i kinda think that a lot of pika's posts are like ... subtly townie
there's nothing that i can point to as being a smoking gun that just shouts: he's town!

but on balance a lot of his posts seem to be coming from a townie mindset, or approaching things from a townie frame of mind, or picking up on things that i think a townie would notice

and there's a bunch of minor posts like that
Show
Hiatus once more.

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:08 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 740, skitter30 wrote:@nom: still dont really understand the 'teacher voted the wagon after it started taking off' narrative
the greater point is that teacher is sheeping with his vote here and I feel it reinforces NC's point earlier about his vote serving no purpose. He gave no justification to be on Vork's wagon here which is relevant when we're starting to push Vork together yeah? On retrospective the thing urap said about the little amount of time there was between me pushing the wagon, unvoting, then rejoining the wagon when you revoted him and people following it was very little.

I still think this is warrant of a vote though, and I still think from early analysis that there must be one scum in {teacher/Vork}
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:10 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 742, nomnomnom wrote:On retrospective the thing urap said about the little amount of time there was between me pushing the wagon, unvoting, then rejoining the wagon when you revoted him and people following it was very little.
urgh nonsense wording

urap's point was right and I think that I was being a bit silly with this but that doesn't matter much in the greater reason why I'm voting here*
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Who is town reading Skitter? Like, yes, I know town can be wrong. It's possible that I'm wrong about Teacher but isn't there the slightest possibility that she's just scum?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:20 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Biggest takeaway as of page 9 is that nom can't generate scum reads
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:32 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 731, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 730, Flubbernugget wrote:I know everybody has forgotten page 3 by now but why was cinnamon discussing their modifiers?????
WOOOOOOOOOOW
In post 732, Saladman27 wrote:Flubber, please reread the game, even your drunk posts.
I'm not following your issue here.

The minute cinn said "I'm a miller and something else" the only focus should have been on the miller claim
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:41 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 305, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 292, NerfedBuJ wrote:Page 12 ego game solve for the post-game brag:

Town: nomnom, cinnamon, skitter, dunn, nero cain, evil D, flubber, vork

Leftovers: urap, saladman, teacher, Pikachu