Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:28 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 673, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 665, skitter30 wrote:ok, why are they townie?
In post 666, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 664, u r a person 2 wrote:saladman reads are pretty townie overall i think
His first set of reads or his second? or both?
oh I see what you guys are asking

I'm talking about the reads he gave in 605-610. He's laying it all out there on request, in fairly short order. Some of them, like the read on nom I think show a townie thought process and solving. There's no immediately identifiable scum agenda outside of trying to get himself town read.
Getting town read seems like a reasoable scum agenda tho
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:30 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 847, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 571, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 569, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 564, nomnomnom wrote:I guess I'll give Vork this point, it's that people only followed Vork's case when Skitter appeared in the thread and made that case despite me presenting the exact same arguments. THAT is strange.
In post 567, nomnomnom wrote:tbh that fact alone means that if vork is actually town, teacher is probably 100% scum here. And even then that kind of observation makes me think that it could be an equally good lynch for today.
I feel like I missed a post or something, how does that make teacher scum?
When you have two people making the same case but the one that was made later down the road with the exact same argument has a player joining it simply because it actually took off this time, that's scummy. And that's what teacher did here.
This is another nonsensical read.

Skitter has significantly better communication skills than vork. That's a much better reason to attribute people sheeping skitter over vork
In post 848, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 575, nomnomnom wrote:
Vorkuta (4):
skitter30, Dunnstral, nomnomnom,
teacher
u r a person 2 (1):
Nero Cain
teacher (1):
Cinnamon
nomnomnom (1):
Vorkuta
Detective Pikachu (1):
NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ (1):
u r a person 2
EvilDeanius (1):
Detective Pikachu

Not Voting (3):
EvilDeanius, Flubbernugget,
Saladman27

With
alive, it takes
to hammer.
Day 1 ends in
(expired on 2019-06-22 09:30:00)
I also might add that it adds up to NC's earlier argument for a teacher scumread that his vote served no true purpose and was a placeholder so yeah, this is definitely the kind of thing that catches my attention. Skitter tends to be highly respected in these games and I think it could play a huge psychological factor in people's decision making here.
Hmmmm.

You seem to acknowledge to a similar degree what I was getting at, but still come to a wildly different conclusion. I'd love to talk about this but honestly I don't wven know what to ask
It's not nonsensical. I have reasons to believe that people act awkwardly around Skitter, especially scum players.

I just finished a game with her when the scums basically tip-toed around her and instantly night-killed her given the first opportunity. The scums later down that game invoked that game argument over and over again that "skitter is an extremely good player" and used that as a discrediting tactic when I tried bringing some flaws that happened in that day 1.

What I realized that game is that despite having no experience with Skitter, I already know 100% that people will react really fucking weird around her whatever alignment she is. There are already multiple weird instances happening this game like the fact BuJ put her in her townpool despite her not writing a single post, teacher following her wagon but not mine (which is not as good of an argument given the timeframe but still), etc.

For someone like me, Skitter is actually a brilliant player to work around with given that I am mostly a player that likes analyzing interactions and I am inclined to believe that scums are inherently scared of Skitter when she's town given my experience with her and reading things with a bit of perspective. I think it's the same thing happening this game. If Skitter is town this game I think it will be REALLY apparent who scums are for that reason alone. That's the point I was trying to make with that post.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:32 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 694, teacher wrote:But I’m sitill a bit directionless. And before you start saying ask questions, I don’t generally do make work unless a game is stagnant (this is not). I am a reaction player.
Kind of curious how you work with reactions when playing mafia given your schedule doesnt seem to give you a lot of time to post with people in real time
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:38 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 756, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 746, Flubbernugget wrote:The minute cinn said "I'm a miller and something else" the only focus should have been on the miller claim
*throws hands up in defeat*

Like no.
We're out of VCA, we have a ton of analysis, and it's extremely anti-town to just focus and give attention to one slot and one slot alone during ALLLL of D1.
Like ok- we lynch the miller claim D1 WITHOUT any discussion and then what?

D2 we're dry. No associatives, no info, no other interactions to analyze so that's it.

The way the discussion has led us in circles and explored other potential groupings is extremely important
It should have only been on the miller claim with respect to the claim as a whole. Of course you don't literally talk about the claim and only the claim

Bottom line is that 30+ pages in and the rolefishing in those 5 ish first pages still bugs the crap out of me
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:42 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 775, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 751, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 390, Vorkuta wrote:Wooooow
Skitter's entrance has turned this game into "let's go sheep skitter"
Wagon speed onto vorkuta at around this point didnt feel right
In post 755, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 752, teacher wrote:Too fast or stalling?
Fast
Most people voting Vorkuta were people who previously expressed interest in voting Vorkuta

This is some bad analysis, and it seems like you're just defending vorkuta
I don't think testing the waters as to whether or not the game can get a wagon on a player that's prone to omgus and 1v1s is a good look either. Is that the only reason you find the vork wagon acceptable?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:46 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 832, Cinnamon wrote:I just finished my game with teacher a couple days ago, where he was acting exactly like he is now. I thought he was mafia for most of that game, and it turns out he was town. That's why I voted him in the first place and it's also the reason why I unvoted him once I found out that's just how he plays as town.
Does his play pick up in time?

I think teacher's passiveness is kind of scummy too. I'm conflicted between "give him a chance to town it up" and "if we don't lynch him for this now it's going to be a lot harder to get a lynch on him in later days.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:50 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 851, nomnomnom wrote:What I realized that game is that despite having no experience with Skitter, I already know 100% that people will react really fucking weird around her whatever alignment she is.
Right

So why are you scum reading skitter interactions while also saying they're nai?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:50 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

VOTE: nom
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 851, nomnomnom wrote:I just finished a game with her when the scums basically tip-toed around her and instantly night-killed her given the first opportunity. The scums later down that game invoked that game argument over and over again that "skitter is an extremely good player" and used that as a discrediting tactic when I tried bringing some flaws that happened in that day 1.
ya this is a thing that's been happening recently; kinda weird to be on the receiving end of it
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 854, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 775, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 751, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 390, Vorkuta wrote:Wooooow
Skitter's entrance has turned this game into "let's go sheep skitter"
Wagon speed onto vorkuta at around this point didnt feel right
In post 755, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 752, teacher wrote:Too fast or stalling?
Fast
Most people voting Vorkuta were people who previously expressed interest in voting Vorkuta

This is some bad analysis, and it seems like you're just defending vorkuta
I don't think testing the waters as to whether or not the game can get a wagon on a player that's prone to omgus and 1v1s is a good look either
. Is that the only reason you find the vork wagon acceptable?
sorry, who is the bolded referring to?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:03 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

The people on the vorkuta wagon
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:10 am

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: flubber
Show
Hiatus once more.

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:14 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I know i know i know they had *reasons* and stuff

Spare me
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:18 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

No wait I think I see what you're getting at

"It's okay to sheep skitter" and "this wagon is too fast" don't make sense together.

UNVOTE:

Need to reread.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:25 am

Post by skitter30 »

I still don't think the vork wagon happened too fast, but whatever

Also that's not really why i'm viting you, more that i dont really like most of ur posts this morning, and incidentally i wanted to know what u meabt by that post
Show
Hiatus once more.

NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ
Goon
NerfedBuJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:18 am

Post by NerfedBuJ »

In post 864, skitter30 wrote:I still don't think the vork wagon happened too fast, but whatever

Also that's not really why i'm viting you, more that i dont really like most of ur posts this morning, and incidentally i wanted to know what u meabt by that post
Personally I don't think that the vork wagon happened too fast exactly, it was more that after you voiced your opinions several people shared similar opinions right after, including townreading me and scumreading vork.

And that would point to you being town and at least 1 scum sheeping you.
My main is BuJaber.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5, u r a person 2 wrote:look at this player list! I didn't remember signing up at first, but I'm glad I did
I didn't like this friendly white knighting.

banters with Teach a lil' wich also didn't feel town.
In post 28, u r a person 2 wrote:i considered voting skitter, but chose teacher because I know that skitter vla's on weekends
In post 35, u r a person 2 wrote:I don't really want to engage with your claim or vote skitter because weekend, but I do want to play, and you're here
these are kinda wierd. I don't really understand why you was so worried about RVS voting her and the second quote is just ??? no one worth a grain of salt believes a n0 guilty so I'm not understanding "I don't want to engage" vs. "no way thats real so fuck off"
In post 68, u r a person 2 wrote:You should vote where your heart moves you to vote. When the time is right, and the person is right, you'll just know.
Didn't really like this responce to me asking if I should sheep him on Teacher. IDK if this post was the one that made me think they were cross voting scumbuddies or if I was already thinking that.
In post 155, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 134, Flubbernugget wrote:Why are there sad people when there's super convenient wifi
In post 139, NerfedBuJ wrote:I have arrived
scummy entrance

feels like an experienced player's version of "hey guys!"

like, oh man I'm late to the thread again. time to present as confident
this was a lil' odd to b/c he's FINALLY calling someone scum but is still sitting on a RVS.
In post 172, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 171, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 170, u r a person 2 wrote:@nom I don't think I played a passive opening to this game. What are you talking about?
That's how it came across to me. I just didn't recognize your towngame.
VOTE: nom

show work please
this is kinda a delayed OMGUS vote but its kinda off b/c it seems like a pressure vote? Like Nom thought urap was scum for awhile and then started town reading him.
In post 197, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 173, nomnomnom wrote:I am voting scum dude what are you on about
I just want you to show me how I've played a passive game
So he's offended that his game was being called passive? Does he think Nom is scum here?

not gona quote em all here but there's alot of Teacher defense going on here.
In post 329, u r a person 2 wrote:I mean I know we aren't svs so forgive me for discounting that bit
this felt odd. Why did he feel the need to specify that we aren't SvS? Are we SvT here and he's the scum in the equation?

So, unless I'm mistaken, his running total is a scum read on Flubb that he never voted, a maybe scum read on nom, a scum read on Buj that he's no longer voting and now he's joining an upstart dean wagon. Like, idk, he just feels so...his scum hunting feels so limited.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:33 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 866, Nero Cain wrote:I'm not understanding "I don't want to engage" vs. "no way thats real so fuck off"
I think if you read it, you'll see that I clearly knew it was false, but I was playing along anyway to be friendly. It's like when a child tells you about their imaginary friend. You say, that's nice dear and you ask them how school went.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:33 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 866, Nero Cain wrote:In post 68, u r a person 2 wrote:
You should vote where your heart moves you to vote. When the time is right, and the person is right, you'll just know.

Didn't really like this responce to me asking if I should sheep him on Teacher. IDK if this post was the one that made me think they were cross voting scumbuddies or if I was already thinking that.
this is my go to sentiment whenever someone asks me where they should vote. It's your vote, you figure it out.
103-11 0-2
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 867, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 866, Nero Cain wrote:I'm not understanding "I don't want to engage" vs. "no way thats real so fuck off"
I think if you read it, you'll see that I clearly knew it was false, but I was playing along anyway to be friendly. It's like when a child tells you about their imaginary friend. You say, that's nice dear and you ask them how school went.
but why did you care about being friendly with DP?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:36 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 866, Nero Cain wrote:In post 329, u r a person 2 wrote:
I mean I know we aren't svs so forgive me for discounting that bit

this felt odd. Why did he feel the need to specify that we aren't SvS? Are we SvT here and he's the scum in the equation?
iirc you asked me to comment on your case or something

and most of the case focused on me being svs with someone. I said that to show that I wasn't ignoring those sections, just that they were not worthwhile from my perspective because they had a flawed premise. lemme go look at it
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:37 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 327, Nero Cain wrote:TBF, what your quoting isn't even my main reason for scum reading him.
In post 329, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 327, Nero Cain wrote:TBF, what your quoting isn't even my main reason for scum reading him.
I mean I know we aren't svs so forgive me for discounting that bit

there's not much else from your case to quote =P
yeah here it is. You said that I wasn't addressing your main reason for scum reading him. When I looked back in your iso, the main reason seemed to revolve around us being svs. I was telling you that I wasn't addressing it because it's not relevant to my solve. I know it's wrong.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:38 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 869, Nero Cain wrote:but why did you care about being friendly with DP?
It was the start of the game, and being friendly is a good thing. Why would I be antagonistic over a joke claim
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:39 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

And you talk about my lack of reads - if you want my reads you can always just ask. Here one sec I'll do a readslist up for ya
103-11 0-2
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:42 am

Post by ofrhz »

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”