Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 381, Alisae wrote:
In post 370, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 367, Alisae wrote:Alright I’ma go make some food and get high and then come back when I’m stoned I wanna have more fun before town decides to lollynch me
Since when did you start smoking weed? :o
Mid Jan of this year tbh.
I used it as a way of dealing with stress.
Then I realized it worked and then wondered if it could help me have fun in mafia games again.
I came back to mafia trying it and I started to have fun.
So I kept smoking ever since and enjoy mafia more.
If I realize that if I just try to enjoy mafia.
The only thing that truely stops me from having fun in mafia is randing scum because I try so hard to win that it becomes stressful and makes me panic and not enjoy the game anymore.
I actually hate playing scum, its legit never fun because for someone like me, who has a lot of issues making sure that I have to be liked all of the time, when I get wagoned like this I lose my fucking mind.
So I only play to have fun now.

But I'll still vote and want to lynch nero cain in every single game I play with him because he's not fun and he's bad.
That’s great man. I don't smoke at all any more really, not because I suddenly started disliking it or anything, but I lost connections to get it and kind of just got out of the habit. I'm holding out for it to be legal here so I can just have it and use it occasionally like a normal person instead of feeling like a fucking criminal for enjoying it.

When I first started smoking I was a senior in high school, had already been accepted to my college of choice and didn't have a care in the world. Smoking made me feel fantastic because it would give me a kind of internal, introspective perspective on myself and my feelings, and I could just sit back and do nothing (or do the things I enjoyed) and feel totally carefree and fantastic, it sort of enhanced the feelings I already had in life. I smoked on and off throughout college, and loved being active and productive while smoking, working out, cleaning, going for walks, etc. I did very well in school and it didn't get in the way of my grades or success, once again enhancing my already mostly good feelings.

Then graduation started coming closer, and I finally left school, and suddenly I was full of self doubt about the future and where I was going and what I was doing with my life, and smoking would bring all these feelings to the front of my mind and give me terrible anxiety. It was worse if I was around people, because I couldn't turn these anxious thoughts off and couldn't socialize or talk to people because I was so busy going over every aspect of my life that needed improvement.

Weed is an amazing thing, capable of really wonderful effects, and it affects everyone differently, but its main psychological effect for a lot of people is a very introspective mental state that can be fantastic if you're in a good place in life, or very bad if you're not too happy with certain things. This is all from personal experience though!
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 383, Firebringer wrote:
In post 380, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 374, Firebringer wrote:r u going to read them by enjoyment levels now?
Perhaps. Isn’t that how we always peg Creature?
1) that isn't reliable anymore to read creature. I haven't used it in over a year
2) why would u think just because those other players don't like playing scum u could read them like creature?
You either giggle or groan when you roll scum. I find that it’s easier to tell when a player is subconsciously doing the latter as opposed to being excited.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 439, Baezu wrote:
In post 419, Nero Cain wrote:I claim d3 IC
Nero you’re moving down my list
:?:
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 472, davesaz wrote:And then my whole catchup is consecutive posts. Just wow.
Thoughts? Don’t leave us hanging.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:43 am

Post by Almost50 »

The more I read of the other thread the more I am convinced Ali is "Skywalker turned into Darth Vader". I can't even see beyond that anymore.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:51 am

Post by Almost50 »

I mean, on a reread and taking MAJOR flavor effect into consideration I'd speculate that FB+Nippy are the "Empire" couple, while Ali and his p are "Sith". (It makes sense because the two were indeed cooperating and overlapping)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

Also, Nero is on the clear because he is a member of the "communist bloc" so he would never be a member of or support the Empire. :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

Reminder: You can't be townie here and bad "in the past", but you CAN be bad in the present and good in the past. ;)

I think I TR Worm, Nero, dave, Insomnia, Irrel, & Ari. My best guess for Ali's p would be between :UV & Baezu, but I'm not as confident.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

My true nulls are PP, Ausuka & Enigma.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Almost50 »

I have no idea why I'm efforting more in this particular game. Is it because I'm finally playing in a themed game where I actually know something about the theme??

I mean, when I was a teenager I used to have stickers (those silver watermark prints) of Start Wars characters, but I still didn't know anything about them because I never got to watch the original triology at the time. It wasn't until the prequels sets was released that I started to get an interest (mostly because I like both Liam Neeson and Sam L Jackson), so I am still more familiar with those than I was with the originals. I believe these are the 6 episodes I did watch.

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:29 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 421, Nero Cain wrote:now I won't get lynched and Ali will.

but real talk, that "investigate meeeee" is just scum crap and should be speed lynched
let's look at the context here;
In post 396, Alisae wrote:I wouldn't push myself
from my perspective I am never scum

but if you want to know, investigate it and try to figure out why people are performing the actions they perform.
Asking yourself why you think players do this or that takes yourself a long way.
In post 406, Alisae wrote:
In post 404, Almost50 wrote:
In post 402, Alisae wrote:why are you talking to me like I'm scum?
:lol: Becausw that's what I genuinely believe you rolled in this game. C'mon. This whole thing is about me pushing, voting and casing you as an "anti-town role" (feel better using that term instead?)
no
what would make me feel better is if you investigated me and gave me a chance to change your mind?
i think it's pretty clear that what they mean by this is investigating their actions, especially in the first post, where they're telling a50 to ask himself why players are doing the actions that they are doing. they also talk about how a50 should give them a chance to change their mind which doesn't really make sense; alisae wouldn't be changing a50's mind upon an investigation. so, why are you so insistent that alisae is scum bulshitting? what are you seeing? because rn i'm not sure your point of view is genuine.

VOTE: Nero Cain

i feel like dr worm is kinda scummy too.

@people townreading irrelephant (i.e probably literally everyone): why? i don't think i've seen anything other than he seems solvy, but he was like that in laser tag (and got widely townread for it too) and was scum. this should be even easier, because it's multiball, and he doesn't know the alignment of anyone but himself and one person.

@alisae: was your attention with the signalling thing literally just "weed out the bad townies"? if so, it seems like you've already made up your mind that we're all terrible, so why?
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:40 am

Post by davesaz »

Happy Birthday Ausuka!

@a50, why do you assume teams will have the same flavor from game 1 to game 2? That seems unnecessarily easy to break. Plus many character differences from episode to episode.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:50 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 486, davesaz wrote:@a50, why do you assume teams will have the same flavor from game 1 to game 2? That seems unnecessarily easy to break. Plus many character differences from episode to episode.
Because that's what I'd do if I'm designing a game like this one. There are characters that do switch alignment between Ep 1 & Ep 2, so those are the ones to use to increase the scum count from -say- 3 in Ep 1 (single scum faction) to 4 (2 scum factions).

I can't be sure about 3P (may or may not in both episodes) because -maybe- we have one in Ep 1 that is different than the one in Ep 2 still.

Are you telling me you got 2 different flavors in your 2 role pms? Because we didn't. We got the same character, so I am assuming this is the case for most if not all.

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:37 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 447, insomnia wrote:
In post 398, Alisae wrote:thats a really good post
my counter to that is I'm a really insecure person who has to make sure I'm liked all of the time, because as a person I just cannot handle being disliked, and I don't know how to seperate this fear of being disliked from mafia games.
Its not something I can really control
Being pushed in an online game for being suspicious =/= we hare you, grow up.
its not that ez dude
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:42 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 485, Ausuka wrote:@alisae: was your attention with the signalling thing literally just "weed out the bad townies"? if so, it seems like you've already made up your mind that we're all terrible, so why?
A. Spread awareness to Boon’s ruleset that 1-1 = joint win so looking for signaling is a good idea
B. Its significantly easier to look for scum who is pushing you if you put yourself in a very lynchbaity position. If you put yourself in a lynchbait position, you can try to figure out who is genuinely trying to figure out your alignment, while also try to figure out who is scum trying to lynch you.
GTKAS
| here.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

k, I'm going to admit that I got over zealous and misread/misinterpreted Ali's "investigate meee" when they really meant "give me a chance to explain myself and let me change your mind." But it's just really weird language anyways. Especially with Fire and A50 actually talking about investigation roles.

but I mean all this ad hom
In post 325, Alisae wrote:you quite literally do not have a brain if you believe what you’re saying but ok
In post 326, Alisae wrote:But thats ok I think my posts were made to separate the smart people from the people who will blindly follow the logic of “I BLATANTLY SCUMCLAIMED”
In post 328, Alisae wrote:I’m in the playerlist with the bad players
In post 330, Alisae wrote:If you want to turn on your brain and think why would I signal as loudly as possible, then be my guest
In post 331, Alisae wrote:But like ur really bad so I don’t think you know how to turn your brain on.
and all this ate

In post 334, Alisae wrote:LUV you can interest me with an unvote
You’re significantly better then this

But then again, I’m not actually sure about that.
doesn't come from town I think.
In post 343, Alisae wrote:
In post 339, Nero Cain wrote:Why scum do it all the time?
they don’t, you just have your brain off 24/7
and this is a lie. I mean, she's obviously gonna claim that she was unaware that this happens but I really don't buy that. I think this and are just her playing the WIFOM game.
In post 423, Alisae wrote:You don't like the fact that I'm starting to townpost so you're trying to rush the lynch
and this one is just her subtly trying to enforce that she's townposting and she's not, this is a Sith mind trick.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:46 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 480, Almost50 wrote:I mean, on a reread and taking MAJOR flavor effect into consideration I'd speculate that FB+Nippy are the "Empire" couple, while Ali and his p are "Sith". (It makes sense because the two were indeed cooperating and overlapping)
but the empire didn't exist by ep2 right? the non-Ali team would be the trade federation b/c I'm p sure those were the bad guys.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:50 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 490, Nero Cain wrote:k, I'm going to admit that I got over zealous and misread/misinterpreted Ali's "investigate meee" when they really meant "give me a chance to explain myself and let me change your mind." But it's just really weird language anyways. Especially with Fire and A50 actually talking about investigation roles.
A. Its not weird language
B. That discussion with a50/fire happened
after
I made those posts and because I made those posts.

“Ig I was wrong but I wanna push my read anyways since I really need this lynch”
Your read is unnatural as fuck dude and that mindset only comes from scum because town would want to re-evaluate here, or atleast seem slightly interested in re-evaluating after realizing that they were misinterpreting.

Like, lets be clear here.
This is not how town reacts after they misinterpreted something.
If Nero was town, he would probably pause a bit.

Like, I dunno how to explain it,
Maybe if someone asked questions to help me out with my thought process, I could probably explain why that paragraph is just not town
But that paragraph is not town.
It never is.
GTKAS
| here.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

but if I already thought you were scum for the
ate
and ad hom and WIFOM why do I need to revaluate b/c I misinterpreted something?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like, if my sole reason for scum reading you was b/c you wanted to be investigated" (why not just interrogate here?) but it wasn't and you conveniently glossed over that so you can continue to push town.

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by Alisae »

I called everyone braindead because I don't get how they thought that those posts were signaling?
Like I actually don't get it.
GTKAS
| here.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Jingle »

Gonna